• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Symphonia

Banned
I've been joining in a lot of random activities with a lot of random players recently, and it's been quite entertaining, particularly the Adversary mode. Being chased down the river by trucks is huge fun.

I've been joining in a lot of random activities with a lot of random players recently, and it's been quite entertaining, particularly the Adversary mode. Being chased down the river by trucks is huge fun.

This is awesome, one of the best modes. Only problem I have is getting full games can take a while. The siege mode is also great, but again, most times you end up playing it's 1 vs 2 which defeats the purpose.

Striker

The Siege mode would be more interesting in first-person view with enemy blips popping up on the radar. The truck-bicycle event is fun, although I've only done two different maps for them. One was on the highway so it was easy to crash into them, and the other was driving into the main section of the city so it was easy to avoid the trucks since you could simply pull off into an alley.

Symphonia

Banned
This is awesome, one of the best modes. Only problem I have is getting full games can take a while. The siege mode is also great, but again, most times you end up playing it's 1 vs 2 which defeats the purpose.
The Siege mode would be more interesting in first-person view with enemy blips popping up on the radar. The truck-bicycle event is fun, although I've only done two different maps for them. One was on the highway so it was easy to crash into them, and the other was driving into the main section of the city so it was easy to avoid the trucks since you could simply pull off into an alley.
I guess I've just got lucky, I guess.

I'm yet to do a siege job or a survival. The survival job(s) looks fun. Am I right in thinking it's one-versus-all, as the one tries to reach a goal while surviving attacks from everyone else? If so, yeah, I really want to try that job. Are you two PS4 or Xbone?

I guess I've just got lucky, I guess.

I'm yet to do a siege job or a survival. The survival job(s) looks fun. Am I right in thinking it's one-versus-all, as the one tries to reach a goal while surviving attacks from everyone else? If so, yeah, I really want to try that job. Are you two PS4 or Xbone?

I'm on Xbone. The siege one is usually 2 - 4 people vs. 2 - 12 people. The first time I did it was definitely the best because it was right after the mode came out, and it was 8 vs. 4 I think and it actually came down to the finish. The "defending" team can see blips and has full access to weapons, the attacking team usually just has shotguns or something. Defending when they die they're done, attacking they get infinite respawns. Seemed difficult for defending to win but it was lots of fun.

The bike vs. truck ones are great... Most of them are equally challenging for both, depending on the teams and how experience people are. The hardest one for bikers is probably the bridge one in the industrial district. The most even one (the one where I've seen bikers win as much as truckers) is the one on the Senora freeway that finishes at the military base.

I'm quite content with the PS4 version, but this ragdoll mod for the PC version is awful hilarious.
You own more than 30 cars? (3 apts + 10 cars each?)
Heck at one point I did, but I sold some off. Mainly those I almost never drove, or wasn't too fond of. And you don't need 3 apartments, either, you can make do with 1 and two 10 car garages :D Around 100k each
can you please add me to the crew, my psn is fate_shirou
I'm a newbie looking to do heists and other random stuff
Sure thing, I'll try to find you on the Social Club. Just in case, PM me your Social Club name as well. Thanks!

Quick question: for the regular missions (from Lamar, Gerald, Martin, etc.), is there an 'unlock' sequence of any kind (e.g. mission Z doesn't become available until you've completed missions X and Y)?

Marvie_3

Banned
Quick question: for the regular missions (from Lamar, Gerald, Martin, etc.), is there an 'unlock' sequence of any kind (e.g. mission Z doesn't become available until you've completed missions X and Y)?
It's based on rank mostly. There are a few like the Blow Up series that I don't think unlock until you've done earlier ones though and even then I think the later ones still don't unlock until you're a certain rank.

Lol, got to the final part of stealing the EMP from that aircraft carrier in the Humane Labs setup..... guy crashes the hydra on the runway at Sandy Shores... fucks sake! haha

I did that the first time out. Luckily I was playing with friends, so it was no big deal. I tried to land it like a regular jet, i.e gear down, lower speed, nose up before touchdown. As soon as I throttled down, it dropped like a rock and exploded. Got the impression you must land it vtol style. Perhaps that's what happened to the guy.

(And of course, on our second attempt, I landed fine, was taxiing to the yellow ring, and one of my crew decided he wanted to get fancy and land too...he hit a rock while taxiing, and blew up his lazer. No longer felt guilty about the first failure!)

So are there zero players on ps4 or am I just failing to connect to any sessions for other reasons?

Check your aim settings. THe game splits you up depending on whether you have auto aim, adjusted, etc. So go into single player and check those settings, change them to auto aim, and assuming no connection issues, you should be put into lobbies with 15+ people usually. X1 has got to be less popular than PS4, and I typically get lobbies with 15 - 28 people or so.

FYI, I've never played a full job. In .. 16 months of GTA Online, not one single race, deathmatch, or other job, has ever actually been full. Typically it's about 1/4 full, occassionally you get lucky and get a 1/2 full room. It's because Rockstar has a broken/non-existent matchmaking system.

Symphonia

Banned
I've been getting full lobbies on PS4 with no assisted aim. Any jobs launched are full, too, which has made playing GTA Online even more enjoyable than it already is. I always drive in my armored Kamura like a vigilante of sorts.

Fantomas

Just played the prison break heist with a friend of mine and 2 randoms on normal difficulty.

We got all the way to the end where you have to rendezvous with each other on the beach. Just waiting on random guy #1 to make his approach in his parachute.

Then random guy #2 shoots his flare gun at him, destroying random guy #1's parachute.

Random guy #1 dies.

Luckily, playing on normal mode, we had an extra life to spare.

Random guy #1 then falls off a cliff in his hurry to join us at the beach.

He died again. We lost and had to restart.

We beat it very easily and much faster the next time.

ayQzYZn.gif

well shit

(guess gifv's dont work 'round here)

I bought the Hydra and it's quite a fun vehicle to play with. In hindsight I should have bought the garage-ready Insurgent though, I think that's a more useful vehicle in the grand scheme of things. The Hydra is definitely fun though :)

I've been looking for some friendlies to play with on ps4. I'm up for any and all activities. Just random tomfoolery is fine with me.

I bought the Hydra and it's quite a fun vehicle to play with. In hindsight I should have bought the garage-ready Insurgent though, I think that's a more useful vehicle in the grand scheme of things. The Hydra is definitely fun though :)
You made the right call :D As far as the armored cars go, I've found the Kuruma is better against bullets, where the Insurgent's windows are too large, and still allow a fair amount of bullets to come through. But it's great against explosives (Insurgent). It's still bulletproof, but the big windows do remove some of that safety. Either way you'll get an armored death machine, so it's winning all around.

But the Hydra...While you can't use it during Heists, you can use it everywhere else. A blast to fly, peacefully or not. It's just awesome!

Tigress

I'm with Baron. The hydra is definitely the right choice. The kuruma is more useful than the insurgent in missions anyways. Most missions you have to worry about bullets, not explosives and the kuruma is better for those. It makes most missions super easy. Now if you are going against other players, not sure which is better (kuruma or insurgent).

Also, if you don't have a buzzard, there are a few well paying missions that become easy money with a hydra (if you have a buzzard you already have a vehicle that make then easy money but the hydra is more fun IMHO).

dedhead54

I'm with Baron. The hydra is definitely the right choice. The kuruma is more useful than the insurgent in missions anyways. Most missions you have to worry about bullets, not explosives and the kuruma is better for those. It makes most missions super easy. Now if you are going against other players, not sure which is better (kuruma or insurgent).

Also, if you don't have a buzzard, there are a few well paying missions that become easy money with a hydra (if you have a buzzard you already have a vehicle that make then easy money but the hydra is more fun IMHO).

I finally completed the last heist the other night with my buddies and I ended up buying a Buzzard immediately afterwards. Please tell me more about these missions. Are they ones that you can easily do/replay solo with a Buzzard?

Tigress

I finally completed the last heist the other night with my buddies and I ended up buying a Buzzard immediately afterwards. Please tell me more about these missions. Are they ones that you can easily do/replay solo with a Buzzard?

The big two are Trash Talk and Denial of Service are very easy with a flying machine with missiles. Also, something with cathouse in the name is a good one (this one you need a two person helicopter so the hydra won't help. Doesn't even need to shoot anything. Basically you are supposed to rescue a prostitute from a motel. If you land on the motel above where she defaults to, she'll walk up to the roof and get in and you can just fly away).

And yes, they are very easily done and replaid with a Buzzard/Hydra/other flying hovering vehicle with missles.

There's some other missions that are easy with the buzzard but they don't pay as much. There's one where Martin tells you he has a list of 6 people to kill. There's something with Vineyard in the name where you are supposed to kill a guy and take a picture of him.

Catdafelix has fun with the hydra on Titan of a Job but you gotta be careful not to blow up the Titan. But he says the NPCs come out of the hangar if you are flying so it's easier to avoid the Titan (Titan of a Job is also an easy money making mission. You just need a good car to hide behind while sniping the NPCs).

As far as the armored cars go, I've found the Kuruma is better against bullets, where the Insurgent's windows are too large, and still allow a fair amount of bullets to come through.
The kuruma is more useful than the insurgent in missions anyways. Most missions you have to worry about bullets, not explosives and the kuruma is better for those.
Thanks guys, I didn't realize the Kuruma was better against bullets, that makes me feel a lot better!

Now I just need to decide whether the first helicopter I buy should be the Valkyrie or the Savage...

Tigress

Thanks guys, I didn't realize the Kuruma was better against bullets, that makes me feel a lot better!

Now I just need to decide whether the first helicopter I buy should be the Valkyrie or the Savage...

The Valkyrie is only really useful if either you just need a helicopter to go somewhere (and I am betting the Swift is faster for that) or you play a lot with friends and either have one who likes to be pilot or you like to be pilot and they can use the gun. You cannot fly it and shoot the guns at the same time.

The Savage you can shoot the gun and missiles and unlike the Buzzard, Hydra, or Lazer the missiles can be shot in a constant stream rather than two at a time and then pause before you can shoot another two (though the timing between missiles is a little longer than the timing between the two missiles you can shoot before it pauses a while. Personally, I prefer how the Savage does it).

My vote would go for the Savage (especially if you want to use it on missions by yourself) and buy the Valkyrie when you have an extra 3 million but only if you have friends to cause chaos with the Valkyrie.

Fitts

What's the payout amount for completing Another Perspective? (do all heists and setups in first person) A friend seems to believe it's $2million but Google says $100k.

What's the payout amount for completing Another Perspective? (do all heists and setups in first person) A friend seems to believe it's $2million but Google says $100k.
I'm pretty sure Google is right there.

Maybe your friend is getting confused with the way some rewards can stack. If you play through every heist in order, with the exact same crew, and with the heists locked to first person camera, you can earn a $2.1 million bonus (1,000,000 + 1,000,000 + 100,000 respectively).

Fitts

I'm pretty sure Google is right there.

Maybe your friend is getting confused with the way some rewards can stack. If you play through every heist in order, with the exact same crew, and with the heists locked to first person camera, you can earn a $2.1 million bonus (1,000,000 + 1,000,000 + 100,000 respectively).

Thanks. It's kind of crazy that nobody seems to know for certain, though.

Welp, looks like the "current gen" version of GTA V that I'll eventually get will be of the PC version since I bought a GTX970 yesterday in part due to the free Batman Arkham Knight and Witcher 3 deal. I haven't been on the last gen version in a while, my interest is pretty low at this point (especially after finally getting the platinum trophy) I'll probably get on again with the next update, whenever that is.

Neverfade

I have a quick action set but when I press L3 my character just hunches over like she has to take a shit. What am I missing?

Also how do I cycle weapons? Feel like a moron for not figuring this out haha. Edit 2: reloading fixed L1 not bringing up the wheel. Sweet.

Edit: Is there a way to have your car delivered to you? Edit 3: figured this out too!

I have a quick action set but when I press L3 my character just hunches over like she has to take a shit. What am I missing?

Also how do I cycle weapons? Feel like a moron for not figuring this out haha. Edit 2: reloading fixed L1 not bringing up the wheel. Sweet.

Edit: Is there a way to have your car delivered to you? Edit 3: figured this out too!

Quick actions work by pressing (and with most, holding) R3 and L3 down, just pressing L3 puts you into a crouch.

a catdafelix film

It's NSFW due to bikinis and NPC swearing.

Here's the first film I've done. It's taken awhile but it's complete. Best to watch in 720P, so change the setting. I can't seem to get the embedded HD link to work. Thanks to youtube for the downgrade in visual quality....when it's a 720P output....

Qwell

Soo..... what does it take to actually play a heist? All I can seem to do is

- searching for players .... forever
- found match ... waiting for host ... host leaves

Anyone have a group that wants to run heists that could use another? lvl 120 player with tons of guns and stuff.

PSN = Qwell

Neverfade

Quick actions work by pressing (and with most, holding) R3 and L3 down, just pressing L3 puts you into a crouch.

OOOOOH I feel like an idiot. I was thinking it was trying to tell me to press L3 for the on foot one and R3 for the vehicle one, which admittedly I thought was strange...

Thanks!

Soo..... what does it take to actually play a heist? All I can seem to do is

- searching for players .... forever
- found match ... waiting for host ... host leaves

Anyone have a group that wants to run heists that could use another? lvl 120 player with tons of guns and stuff.

PSN = Qwell

I been looking to replay the heists also. I've only gone through them once.

(snip)
Here's the first film I've done. It's taken awhile but it's complete. Best to watch in 720P, so change the setting. I can't seem to get the embedded HD link to work. Thanks to youtube for the downgrade in visual quality....when it's a 720P output....
LOVED IT! I think you just need to relax a bit on the slow-motion clips that don't progress until the very end. Dude, about time ya put all that footage together ;P Now check out what I FINALLY put together from January footage of us together!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMu5N-tvauQ

Featuring LonestarGA, CATDAFELIX, BigBoss, RaymaN, and me (being blown up in my apartment)! Was a lot of fun going through the footage as I seriously have so much I'm set to edit it for the next year if I wanted to release a video each week. Heh.

Well, I might as well post my low-quality highlight reel from tonight.

Edit:
LOVED IT! I think you just need to relax a bit on the slow-motion clips that don't progress until the very end. Dude, about time ya put all that footage together ;P Now check out what I FINALLY put together from January footage of us together!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMu5N-tvauQ

Featuring LonestarGA, CATDAFELIX, BigBoss, RaymaN, and me (being blown up in my apartment)! Was a lot of fun going through the footage as I seriously have so much I'm set to edit it for the next year if I wanted to release a video each week. Heh.
Hahaha this might be my favorite episode yet!

Well, I might as well post my low-quality highlight reel from tonight.

Edit:

Hahaha this might be my favorite episode yet!
Glad you enjoyed it. Many more episodes already sort of figured out, though 20-40 minutes in length currently since its mostly "trimmed clips" and not edited together yet properly.

Some pretty nice stuff in your highlights. Have you considered trying out YouTube's music adder thingy? You can add all sorts of tracks, from free ones you can monetize to ad-supported licensed tracks. A nice 5-6 minute song (favor game audio so it doesn't become too quiet) can add a little audible juice to your montage of madness!

Example with one of my PS4share uploads:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89OzMK2BH-4

OH and I forgot to mention - xxJonoxx is also in the video! They give me a tank near the end of the video at night, and you can see them rolling over the tank's cannon as I accidentally clip them with it by turning the camera.

If you need a crew, Exit and I are more than happy to help. Anything to keep that money coming in.

Down for sure. Just gotta plan a time that me and Ray are on (and it may be tough until the 19th because RaymaN is a Rocket League addict).

Eat sleep GTA repeat eat sleep GTA repeat eat sleep GTA repeat eat sleep GTA repeat eat sleep GTA repeat eat sleep GTA repeat eat sleep GTA repeat eat sleep GTA repeat.
I'm sorry, but Rocket League is back up so...

Eat sleep Rocket League repeat eat sleep GTA repeat (etc.) :p

Symphonia

Banned
Eat sleep GTA repeat eat sleep GTA repeat eat sleep GTA repeat eat sleep GTA repeat eat sleep GTA repeat eat sleep GTA repeat eat sleep GTA repeat eat sleep GTA repeat.
Aaaaaactually, bruh, for me it's...

Work, eat, GTA, sleep. Work, eat, GTA, sleep. Work, eat, GTA, sleep. Work, eat, Dying Light, sleep. Work, eat, GTA, sleep.

Down for sure. Just gotta plan a time that me and Ray are on (and it may be tough until the 19th because RaymaN is a Rocket League addict).
Alright, bruh, let me know when you're free.

Top Bottom