• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Man, Heist Lester is so annoying. It's like the fired the main writer in the game and hired someone else who was not funny to write all of his lines. He's 20x creepier and weirder than he is in the single player game, and he never shuts up.

Q16sk4e.gif

Tigress

Man, Heist Lester is so annoying. It's like the fired the main writer in the game and hired someone else who was not funny to write all of his lines. He's 20x creepier and weirder than he is in the single player game, and he never shuts up.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. In SP he was one of my favorite characters. if he was like he is in heists, I would have found him obnoxious and overly creepy, particularly for a character I was supposed to be working with and not killing. He's really gross in heists honestly.

Q16sk4e.gif
I seem to laugh harder and harder the more i watch this gif.

But real talk. Gta online have some really greedy assholes. Were on the final heist. The payout is 1.25 million. This dude gives everyone 5 fucking percent while he takes 85.......son.....WUT!? When he did that. Everybody just started leaving the lobby. good luck finding someone to do that heist with that low ass pay out.

And after that, joined another lobby with the same heist. And this one guy just kept dying on the motortcycle part.
No one else dies but him.
On the fifth time, We finally make it to the boat without him dying.

Three of us are in the boat. Were just now waiting for the guy who kept dying to land in his parachute.............and he fucking fails the landing and dies again........

i dont think ive ever felt that much rage from a videogame. I was seeing red, son. I had to turn the game off, lay in bed and count to ten.

Symphonia

Banned
I feel your rage, I honestly do, but the way you worded it all had me picturing you like Angry German Kid, just with more 'sons' thrown in, ha. Seriously, though, 5%? Kids on crack.

Symphonia

Banned
As a new player what's the best way to earn money and rank up? I try doing some matches around the map but nobody joins with me.
If you can, join any 'Snipers vs Stunters' Jobs, as they pay up to £10000 a round. One of my races I set up pays out £54000 if you get first place. Just need active lobbies.

Symphonia

Banned
How do you find these?
They just pop up on screen all the time. I have them bookmarked so if anyone fancies a go, add me on PSN (vntonywhite) and we'll have a game or two. On a similar note, I'm looking for 6-7 people who play GTAO on PS4 for a video recording later this week. Add me if you're down (message me your GAF name) and I'll PM all the deets.

I seem to laugh harder and harder the more i watch this gif.

But real talk. Gta online have some really greedy assholes. Were on the final heist. The payout is 1.25 million. This dude gives everyone 5 fucking percent while he takes 85.......son.....WUT!? When he did that. Everybody just started leaving the lobby. good luck finding someone to do that heist with that low ass pay out.

A major part of this is because the heist leader:
- Has to front $100,000 to start the heist
- Doesn't get any payouts for any of the setup missions (while other members get $40,000 or whatever per setup mission)

Whatever the default is is the "even" split at the end of it... I think it's 65 / 15 / 15 / 15. Guy is greedy but I also don't get why Rockstar setup a system that is so imbalanced and that'll just lead to arguments and people quitting.

How do you kick people from the heist lobby???

I hate having to drop out of my own lobby and make a whole new one and wait for ever for it to repopulate because a level 3 guy shows up and won't leave.

Yeah yeah...
Sadly I didn't even get that much time with Rocket League. Was on a bunch of film sets and doing other work, then got sick, and managed to play for 45 minutes (or less) on the final day. Barely even gotten time with The Witcher 3, too.

Miss GTA already. Working on a video right now involving a lot of aerial carnage, along with stuff on the ground that sent some of us "flying", set to electronic funk. Will post when I can, need to recuperate more.

Sadly I didn't even get that much time with Rocket League. Was on a bunch of film sets and doing other work, then got sick, and managed to play for 45 minutes (or less) on the final day. Barely even gotten time with The Witcher 3, too.

Miss GTA already. Working on a video right now involving a lot of aerial carnage, along with stuff on the ground that sent some of us "flying", set to electronic funk. Will post when I can, need to recuperate more.

Tell me about it. I got into the 2nd wave of the RL beta at the last minute, but I barely got to take part. I ran into a bunch of OT at work and couldn't make the time to really enjoy it.

Hope you're feeling better. I actually have a full weekend without work so I'm going to spend some time in Los Santos after a week and a half hiatus.

Grinchy

Banned
I finally did the prison break heist earlier. It was actually really awesome. Three of us were really good at our parts, and one guy held us back a little. But we finished it! I left the cut at the default percentages so I ended up with ~$235K before the $100K bonus. Not too shabby.

If I had a team of four people who knew what was going on the whole time, I imagine this heist is a pretty efficient way of making around $200K

How do you kick people from the heist lobby???

I hate having to drop out of my own lobby and make a whole new one and wait for ever for it to repopulate because a level 3 guy shows up and won't leave.

As host, I believe that you can select "view joined player info" and then highlight that player , hit A or X and then choose kick.

Grinchy

Banned
Damn, getting stuck with bad heist players is so frustrating.

I had 2 guys who fucked up their section 5 times in a row after we had already done our section. That was so much wasted time.

I had 2 guys who fucked up their section 5 times in a row after we had already done our section. That was so much wasted time.

I know exactly how you feel, I been trying to finish the pacific bank heist for two days now.
I'be done this heist and successfully beaten it so many times as a crew member, but when i wanna host, can't complete it due to team mates.

One time I thought we had finally finished it and three of us was in the boat, the last dude, i could see him walking towards the boat and all of a sudden, one of the dudes in the boat left....im guessing it was a network issue and the heist ended.......

I had to turn the game off and lay in bed for a hot minute......back hand was itching to meet someones face at a very high velocity, lol.

Grinchy

Banned
I know exactly how you feel, I been trying to finish the pacific bank heist for two days now.
I'be done this heist and successfully beaten it so many times as a crew member, but when i wanna host, can't complete it due to team mates.

One time I thought we had finally finished it and three of us was in the boat, the last dude, i could see him walking towards the boat and all of a sudden, one of the dudes in the boat left....im guessing it was a network issue and the heist ended.......

I had to turn the game off and lay in bed for a hot minute......back hand was itching to meet someones face at a very high velocity, lol.

lol damn, now that is frustrating

Marvie_3

Banned

On the prison break heist, I had a guy crash the helicopter into the hills after he picked everyone up from the beach.

Grinchy

Banned
On the prison break heist, I had a guy crash the helicopter into the hills after he picked everyone up from the beach.

That almost happened to me the first time I finished it. It was the guy who was holding us all back the whole time.

If he was in a car he complained that he wasn't good at driving. If he was shooting he complained he wasn't good at shooting. If he was flying he just complained that flying was too hard.

He came down at like 60mph crashing into the ground right up against the rocks at the beach lmao

Grinchy

Banned
So, if you steal a jet in free roam, is there supposed to exist a universe in which it's possible to actually kill anyone with it?

Grinchy

Banned
I really need to do some more heists...I've done them all but want to do them in order for the extra 1 million

God, I'd love to do this, but randoms are so fucking unreliable. I've been stuck on the prison break for a few days now.

People will join and suck, or they will join and demand a 30% cut and then leave when I don't give it to them.

The Marshall can be bought for $500,000 on Warstock Cache & Carry. The Liberator was timed DLC and can no longer be purchased.

It's not showing up for me, and the wiki says it's only for people who played on the original consoles.

The Cheval Marshall is a monster truck in the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC version of Grand Theft Auto V.

It is exclusive for players who have played GTA V on the original PS3 or Xbox 360 version and play it again on PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC version. It is a monster truck variant of the Picador.

Tigress

It's not showing up for me, and the wiki says it's only for people who played on the original consoles.

Well I didn't think/remember the Marshall was part of that but I went and looked at Rockstar's announcement of what was exclusive for returning players and it does seem the Marshall was one of those items (sorry).

If it makes you feel better I bought one and have used it all of twice. I mean it's fun for the two times I brought it out but in the end I found it was one of my more useless purchases. And the only other person I know of who bought it also expressed that they found it was not really that great of a purchase.

Get a Rebel. It's not as easy to run over cars with but you can do it if you hit them fast enough :). And it has dirt cheap insurance if you destroy it ;). A lot cheaper than paying for the Marshall every time you need it (it's around 30 bux give or take depending on what mods you have on it). Oh, and you don't have to call Pegasus for it and ahve a limited area of where you can pick it up (just have your mechanic bring it to you for free ;) ). And btw, the Rebel is one of the more underrated vehicles in GTA. It's fun as hell, dirt cheap, does offroading pretty well and I even like how it looks. (Also, the granger is amazing on what hills it will tackle as well. And motorcycles are like horses in Skyrim if you like mountain climbing, they'll go up anything it seems. I swear I've gone straight up cliffs with a motorcycle, and not small ones that having a high speed when you approach would explain it).

Can you tell I like offroading in this game?

Well I didn't think/remember the Marshall was part of that but I went and looked at Rockstar's announcement of what was exclusive for returning players and it does seem the Marshall was one of those items (sorry).

If it makes you feel better I bought one and have used it all of twice. I mean it's fun for the two times I brought it out but in the end I found it was one of my more useless purchases. And the only other person I know of who bought it also expressed that they found it was not really that great of a purchase.

Get a Rebel. It's not as easy to run over cars with but you can do it if you hit them fast enough :). And it has dirt cheap insurance if you destroy it ;). A lot cheaper than paying for the Marshall every time you need it (it's around 30 bux give or take depending on what mods you have on it). Oh, and you don't have to call Pegasus for it and ahve a limited area of where you can pick it up (just have your mechanic bring it to you for free ;) ). And btw, the Rebel is one of the more underrated vehicles in GTA. It's fun as hell, dirt cheap, does offroading pretty well and I even like how it looks. (Also, the granger is amazing on what hills it will tackle as well. And motorcycles are like horses in Skyrim if you like mountain climbing, they'll go up anything it seems. I swear I've gone straight up cliffs with a motorcycle, and not small ones that having a high speed when you approach would explain it).

Can you tell I like offroading in this game?

I already have a Rebel and a Granger, as well as a Sanchez.

I wanted a monster truck so my friends and I could go driving through the city over cars and have fun.

This is so damn stupid, it's not even taking away a car, it's taking away an entire genre of vehicles. Like, if they told me "Oh you, didn't buy the previous ones? Well no PCJ600 motorcycles for you!" I wouldn't mind, but this is basically "No bikes for you at all, go
F word
yourself.

Tigress

I already have a Rebel and a Granger, as well as a Sanchez.

I wanted a monster truck so my friends and I could go driving through the city over cars and have fun.

This is so damn stupid, it's not even taking away a car, it's taking away an entire genre of vehicles. Like, if they told me "Oh you, didn't buy the previous ones? Well no PCJ600 motorcycles for you!" I wouldn't mind, but this is basically "No bikes for you at all, go
F word
yourself.

As I said, try out the Rebel, it can run over cars ;). A little bit harder than the monster truck but honestly the monster truck takes some speed and hitting cars too before it will go over them. Yes, I know it's no monster truck but I'm just trying to give you suggestions on what you can do.

(and if I were still playing GTA I'd offer to get on with you and let you drive mine. But at the moment I'm kinda addicted to Witcher so it will be a while before I come back to GTA (Probably will take a DLC weekend for me to show up at this point. I'm honestly sick of GTA and need a break <-I've been playing it since it came out on PS4 until Witcher came out so I think I've put plenty in it)).

Personally, I'd save up for the Hydra if you don't already have it. IMHO that's the best purchase in the game and a helluva lot of fun to create havoc with. Or if you play with friends a lot and want something more people can enjoy the Valkyrie (so one person can pilot and three people can wreak havoc on everything around). Kinda a waste for me but I could see it being fun for people who want to wreak havoc together.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
As I said, try out the Rebel, it can run over cars ;). A little bit harder than the monster truck but honestly the monster truck takes some speed and hitting cars too before it will go over them. Yes, I know it's no monster truck but I'm just trying to give you suggestions on what you can do.

(and if I were still playing GTA I'd offer to get on with you and let you drive mine. But at the moment I'm kinda addicted to Witcher so it will be a while before I come back to GTA (Probably will take a DLC weekend for me to show up at this point. I'm honestly sick of GTA and need a break <-I've been playing it since it came out on PS4 until Witcher came out so I think I've put plenty in it)).

Personally, I'd save up for the Hydra if you don't already have it. IMHO that's the best purchase in the game and a helluva lot of fun to create havoc with. Or if you play with friends a lot and want something more people can enjoy the Valkyrie (so one person can pilot and three people can wreak havoc on everything around). Kinda a waste for me but I could see it being fun for people who want to wreak havoc together.

I bought TW3 on a whim, after not planning on it. Nut once it started sounding like a large world like Skyrim, I bought it. Then I've proceeded to put 60 hours in over 5 days, and laugh at thinking Skyrim compares.

But yeah, Hydra or the Hind D-like helicopter (Savage).

Tigress

I bought TW3 on a whim, after not planning on it. Nut once it started sounding like a large world like Skyrim, I bought it. Then I've proceeded to put 60 hours in over 5 days, and laugh at thinking Skyrim compares.

But yeah, Hydra or the Hind D-like helicopter (Savage).

Mwahahahahahahaaa. I think I've put 45 hours in it so far (don't know, apparently the game counts when you have the PS4 on resting mode so it is not an accurate counter. I'm just figuring average 5 hours each day). And honestly, I'm enjoying it as much as I enjoyed Skyrim and that's all I wanted (Skyrim had me not wanting to go to sleep and it took willpower to put the game down. TW3 is doing the same thing to me). I personally liked Skyrim's landscape better but I love wintery areas and high craggy mountain feel. Witcher III's landscape feels more gentle/mild.

Which... is making my BF kinda worry cause he saw how much time I put into Skyrim (and I was not working at the time due to healing from a motorcycle accident).

And I'd say for group play the Valkyrie is better than the Savage. The Savage is fun, but the Valkyrie gives the other 3 players a machine gun and forces them and the pilot to coordinate if they have goals on what they want to destroy. I just think for a group playing together the Valkyrie would be more fun (I don't know, didn't get a Valkyrie until a few days before Witcher came out).

DCS

Banned
On PS4 the game doesn't save 'invite sounds off' or motion blur settings, is this just me or is everybody getting this?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Mwahahahahahahaaa. I think I've put 45 hours in it so far (don't know, apparently the game counts when you have the PS4 on resting mode so it is not an accurate counter. I'm just figuring average 5 hours each day). And honestly, I'm enjoying it as much as I enjoyed Skyrim and that's all I wanted (Skyrim had me not wanting to go to sleep and it took willpower to put the game down. TW3 is doing the same thing to me). I personally liked Skyrim's landscape better but I love wintery areas and high craggy mountain feel. Witcher III's landscape feels more gentle/mild.

Which... is making my BF kinda worry cause he saw how much time I put into Skyrim (and I was not working at the time due to healing from a motorcycle accident).

And I'd say for group play the Valkyrie is better than the Savage. The Savage is fun, but the Valkyrie gives the other 3 players a machine gun and forces them and the pilot to coordinate if they have goals on what they want to destroy. I just think for a group playing together the Valkyrie would be more fun (I don't know, didn't get a Valkyrie until a few days before Witcher came out).

It took me 60 hours to get to the other map, which from the sounds of it, you haven't gotten to yet.

So here's how it is. You must have had the PS3/360 version to get the Marshall monster truck, the Dodo seaplane, and the submarine.

I really really want both the Marshall and the Dodo.

If I go and rent the game on PS3, log in to my social club account on it, and then log in to my PC, can I get them or am I basically screwed?

Mistel

Banned
If I go and rent the game on PS3, log in to my social club account on it, and then log in to my PC, can I get them or am I basically screwed?
You'd need to complete the first story mission and the online prologue. Then you should be able to get it once you've done that.

Does anyone have that Mad Max car in online? I gotta figure out what I need to get it. Also need to do 13 more stunts for lime metallic paint and whatever else for the metals.

Edit: Looks like it was only for sp sans glitching that has been patched. Booooo!

Haha, another great video! Stunts, stunts, stunts, rainbow parachute. Boom!

I seriously need to get off my ass and make some jobs with the editor.
Thanks! Sharefactory is cool but I'm excited that Rockstar is bringing their replay editor to new gen systems.

lol that's a sweet video

looks like you guys are fun to play with
I generally play with friends from my area and various members of GAF. Let's do some Rocket League GTA?

What editing software do u use? Sorry if this has been asked already
Premiere for editing, Elgato / PS4 for captures, After Affects for titles, Audition to mix music/clips and the separate audio file from Elgato of my voice (since only other players audio comes out of the HDMI).

Top Bottom