• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Striker

I hope the Stirling GT is viable for racing because it's half the price of the Z-Type and smexy as hell.
I test drove all the new ones and the Stirling is quite nice. I own the Pigalle for racing and just in general convenience. It is a nice vehicle and I like its handling. Thought about if I really wanted the Stirling, but I'm not sure.

I definitely don't think the new Super is worth its price. Maybe if I had more cash but not at the moment.

I tried playing GTA Online on my PS4 about a week ago, and no one was playing any jobs. I sat searching for a random job of any mode for 10 minutes and never found even one other person. Is online dead, or is everyone just doing free roam, or private rooms? I have NAT type 2. I was playing about 10 to 11 pm on a weeknight in the Eastern Timezone.

Update: I changed my targeting setting to free aim, but still couldn't find any populated jobs at about noon today. For comparison, I started up Battlefield 4 right afterwards, and got into a populated quick match right away. I'll try again in the evening.

Wow, did the framerate take a hit for anyone else after the update? Dropping into the lower teens when cruising around downtown. Other people in my party said they were experiencing the same chop.

Trouble

Banned
I tried playing GTA Online on my PS4 about a week ago, and no one was playing any jobs. I sat searching for a random job of any mode for 10 minutes and never found even one other person. Is online dead, or is everyone just doing free roam, or private rooms? I have NAT type 2. I was playing about 10 to 11 pm on a weeknight in the Eastern Timezone.

Did you suspend and put your PS4 in rest mode? It completely breaks online so you have to close the application every time. Sucks because the game takes forever to load up the first time.

https://support.rockstargames.com/h...ons-After-Suspending-Game-Using-PS4-Rest-Mode

Wow, did the framerate take a hit for anyone else after the update? Dropping into the lower teens when cruising around downtown. Other people in my party said they were experiencing the same chop.
I've been getting some weird stuttering after the recent patch. It stutters for a second and then goes back to normal only to stutter again about 30 seconds later. It's as if it's on a loop.

Symphonia

Banned
It dipped for a few seconds but returned to normal after.

Anyone notice waves are gone?

Wolfe

Damn having not played much in the past few months (still haven't touched heists) left me lacking in funds in regards to the new purchasables lol.

Picked up the gun and the super but now I'm out of money to upgrade it, was able to toss on turbo but now I'm broke again.

Wouldn't mind picking up that Merc at some point too, not big on the rear end but overall a cool looking car.

Also how did I never notice the Ruffian before? Find one without the windscreen and toss some mods on it and it's damn near one of the best looking bikes in the game. Speaking of which all motorcycles in the game should have a plate delete option, the stock fender/plate holder always looks awful.

So happy the hydra spawns at helipads now, at my crib up north I can just cruise round the corner and jump in it instead of having to drive to an airfield.

I bought the Stirling GT but need to spend more time driving it around because for the little bit I was on GTAO I ended up calling for a Hydra so I could fly from a helipad, the other cars don't feel worth the money to me.

Symphonia

Banned
even if I did not play the mission that unlocks it?
I'm not too sure. I saw one pop up at Sandy Shore's airfield, and I didn't own a Hydra at the point. It may very well have been someone else's which they called in. Either way, I own a Hydra now and Pegasus delivers it to the nearest helipad.

You are aware the new cars are nearly $1M and up, right? You'll not find them spawning anywhere on the map. That said, Hydras now spawn in helipads in and around the city.

For real?? Only if you own one, or just randomly spawning?

nevermind I forgot I have billions in single player and can try the new cars there

Hope these cars are avaialble in SP... Rockstar didn't add any of the features from Heists add-on to SP, which I was really disappointed with.

That's great that Hydras deliver to helipads... Wish I knew that when I had $3m and dumped it on some stupid helicoptor. I'm not really into the planes because getting them means driving to one of three locations on the map, most of whcih are at the perimeters... So it's nice to have one near by.

Of course, now I'm broke.

Tigress

That's great that Hydras deliver to helipads... Wish I knew that when I had $3m and dumped it on some stupid helicoptor. I'm not really into the planes because getting them means driving to one of three locations on the map, most of whcih are at the perimeters... So it's nice to have one near by.

Of course, now I'm broke.

Hydra was worth 3 million even before they made that change. IMHO it was the most fun vehicle in the whole game.

I'm not too sure. I saw one pop up at Sandy Shore's airfield, and I didn't own a Hydra at the point. It may very well have been someone else's which they called in. Either way, I own a Hydra now and Pegasus delivers it to the nearest helipad.

I guess I am kinda late to the party doubt I want to play these heists with strangers anyway

For real?? Only if you own one, or just randomly spawning?

Hope these cars are avaialble in SP... Rockstar didn't add any of the features from Heists add-on to SP, which I was really disappointed with.

I just got the super car in SP

the new gold jet is 10 million the gold helicopter is 5 million with a shark cards you'll need to spend at least $200 to get a lot of this DLC for online

I just got everything I need in SP

spent 10 million in single player on the gold plane for the hell of it all my characters had 2 billion in the bank

wish I could transfer these things to online

the problem with SP is the fact that we have very little storage space for cars
I did put a limo inside on of these garages for giggles

I rather play online right now tho I have not even beaten SP

After doing some research, it appears it only applies to Hydras you request from Pegasus. There are no naturally spawning Hydras. Which means I stole, used, and crashed someone else's Hydra.

Oops.

LOL that is great

I hardly play in public lobbies for this reason

zma1013

So I just got GTAV and I log on and transfer my character and all of my cars are gone. I thought I heard somewhere that they fixed this glitch? I guess not because I only learned after the fact that I should have started up a game on the old 360 copy that I no longer own to avoid this issue. Feels bad man, feels bad.

Oops wrong thread i guess

jay23

Is there a fast guide to complete the final heist? Supposedly you can get a helicopter but that seems to have been patched.

Yeah, it's ridiculous that SP still has such a low number of storable cars/trucks. It's total, six for each character when it should at the very least be higher with a walk in garage They could've simplified it by just giving us a list of our stored cars and just have us appear outside in it..

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah, it's ridiculous that SP still has such a low number of storable cars/trucks. It's total, six for each character when it should at the very least be higher with a walk in garage They could've simplified it by just giving us a list of our stored cars and just have us appear outside in it..

Yeah they try to go too realistic with certain things instead of just letting the game be fun.

I'm not saying they need to do the Saints Row approach, but it's nice being able to just have the car you spent time/money modding to your liking whenever you want it. In GTA single player, it's like you spend all that time and then you have to store it safely away with a new save file in case something goes wrong.

Tigress

There's no point in keeping cars in SP anyways. If you get sidetracked by a random event, your car disappears. You have to go to the police department to retrieve. Except if you steal another car to go there and abandon it, it then takes the place of your car and you lose it permenantly. And this isn't even a bug!!!! I want to know who fucking thought that was a good idea?!!! Which kinda makes driving owned cars a PITA and not fun when you have to try to balance it so you don't permenantly lose the car. No letting yourself do random side events that happen. No leaving it anywhere, no deciding to do missions (where you won't even get to use the car cause it'll default you back to the character's car).

The saddest part is, it's still an improvement over their weak ways of keeping cars before! And they obviously can figure out a better way to allow you to keep your cars, online's method is far and above improved (even though it has its own issues).

It's probably why I even got playing online more, so I could actually collect cars. In a game about cars, you'd think they'd give you a decent way of keeping them.

Yeah, I don't know why Rockstar stuck to this and at the very least didn't implement the insurance option (or mechanic delivery) from online.

The waves showed up again tonight. I wonder if this is some server-side switch Rockstar flipped or maybe some kind of built in weather cycle. I don't remember installing another patch.

Biforce and I noticed that the lighting is closer to single player now. Some pretty incredible sunsets and weather effects after the patch that came shortly after the Ill Gotten Gains update. The framerate is stable when cruising around the city again too.

I know that the turbo bug was supposed to have been fixed awhile ago, but I'm noticing that some vehicles still accelerate slower after adding turbo. The Gang Burrito and Rusty Rebel are pitifully sluggish after the turbo mod. I removed it and they accelerate much faster now. Maybe this is intentional, mimicking turbo lag that one would experience in real life.

Oh and I'm back to playing Free Aim lobbies. Pretty quiet in these, mostly high level players.

I'm usually one to shy away from making my characters look ridiculous, and I was sticking to relatively normal clothes in GTA online, but man, Rockstar really knocked it out of the park with a lot of these masks. Some of the paper bags are great.

CeeSaw

Quick question for anyone in the know. Can you join the double cash playlist thru the online tab and still get double cash? Or do you have to join in thru the loading menu?

Top Bottom