• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Happy 4th everyone.

QG65ejv.jpg

Got the Armored Kuruma yesterday on my secondary character for I think 265K due to the 50% discount. Thanks Jason and Razakin!

I'm still slightly salty on my damn custom Felon not having insurance when I'm damn sure I bought it since I made a point to do so after the same thing happened with my first Peyote on that character, I need to find the color combinations I used on the damn thing. Also should probably buy another garage or apartment since it appears I'm out of room and I'm not putting vehicles in my other garage that I use to store gang cars.

I'm still slightly salty on my damn custom Felon not having insurance when I'm damn sure I bought it since I made a point to do so after the same thing happened with my first Peyote on that character, I need to find the color combinations I used on the damn thing.
Damn speed holes.

Wolfe

Still playing this on PS3, it's hard to imagine the game looking better after playing this way for so long lol. Looking forward to some first person though @_@

Back to shopping for my second hand Xbone.

Played the Humane Labs heist last night. Made about $540,000. I'm loving these double RP and cash events. Hopefully they do the 4th and 5th heists next.

I should've gotten on my other account and ground out some Humane Lab heists to buy the Hydra on it. Oh well, just a low priority account I made to troll GTAO that I do a really shitty job at doing. <_<

Been missing this game dearly. Jumped on the other night for the bonus. Also cut this little (2-3 min) video together using Rayman's footage of a bus death trap, our friend Alex having a hard time with his Sanchez, and a five star chase.

Rayman Rampage: https://youtu.be/3_1AVjXlVos

Some point this year I'm probably going to move off the PS3 version, maybe. It'll depend on whether or not the PC version of GTA V goes on sale cheap, from the sound of things it's in a worse state with script kiddies/modders than the last gen version. Besides that, I still can't believe Rockstar hasn't fixed the popular, well known wall breeches/glitches.

Oh and my headset mic died... >_<

To those of you (if any) who still play GTA Online regularly, what sort of activities do you find the most interesting, i.e. what do you do most of the time? I adore the Heists, and the doubled cash is making me do them all again, but I'm wondering if there is other good stuff I'm not aware of. Most of the regular missions seem to be very sparsely populated these days.

To those of you (if any) who still play GTA Online regularly, what sort of activities do you find the most interesting, i.e. what do you do most of the time? I adore the Heists, and the doubled cash is making me do them all again, but I'm wondering if there is other good stuff I'm not aware of. Most of the regular missions seem to be very sparsely populated these days.
I mostly play Rockstar created missions as I'm always strapped for cash. Heists are great but it's impossible to get everyone I trust online at the same time to carry them out.

I try to make missions more interesting, especially if I'm having a hard time filling up lobbies:

-soloing more difficult missions like High Priority Case or Rooftop Rumble
-calling Pegusus to spawn my monster truck and then brining forth the end of days on the freeway in missions where LSPD isn't alerted
-pairing up with higher level friends and using hilariously overpowered weapons and vehicles to accomplish more lengthy missions like Judging the Jury and Hit em Up as quickly as possible
-if Titan of a Job or Base Invaders shows up in the list, you have to pick them
-speaking of: break into Fort Zancudo for a laugh during Titan of a Job
-just how fast can I complete these hacking mini games with my lagless monitor
-free aim whenever possible

Just a few examples that keep me entertained.

I mostly play Rockstar created missions as I'm always strapped for cash. Heists are great but it's impossible to get everyone I trust online at the same time to carry them out.

I try to make missions more interesting, especially if I'm having a hard time filling up lobbies:

-soloing more difficult missions like High Priority Case or Rooftop Rumble
-calling Pegusus to spawn my monster truck and then brining forth the end of days on the freeway in missions where LSPD isn't alerted
-pairing up with higher level friends and using hilariously overpowered weapons and vehicles to accomplish more lengthy missions like Judging the Jury and Hit em Up as quickly as possible
-if Titan of a Job or Base Invaders shows up in the list, you have to pick them
-speaking of: break into Fort Zancudo for a laugh during Titan of a Job
-just how fast can I complete these hacking mini games with my lagless monitor
-free aim whenever possible

Just a few examples that keep me entertained.
Cheers for that detailed response EPD, I'll have to give them a go. I came to GTAO quite late, so I know the heists back to front but most of the missions are still a mystery to me. It's very handy hearing about the best ones. I might have to give some a go solo with my OP heist vehicles :)

Symphonia

Banned
High Priority Case is an amazing mission to do solo. It's a shame there weren't missions of that scale in single player. I always use the Maze Bank building as a vantage point, pick off a few guards or as many as possible, land a chopper, take out the target, then parachute off in style. Well worth the money.

High Priority Case is an amazing mission to do solo. It's a shame there weren't missions of that scale in single player. I always use the Maze Bank building as a vantage point, pick off a few guards or as many as possible, land a chopper, take out the target, then parachute off in style. Well worth the money.
I might use my Hydra for that one, True Lies style :)

I need to go back to my policy of avoiding people with stoner reference names because it almost never turns out well. Three times on the steal the Hyrdra for the EMP part of the Humane Labs Raid and the same person, who I think was the host got killed on the carrier by getting shot to death and couldn't figure out how/why it was happening, the third time the one of the other people in the group left and so did I.

Razakin

I'm still slightly salty on my damn custom Felon not having insurance when I'm damn sure I bought it since I made a point to do so after the same thing happened with my first Peyote on that character, I need to find the color combinations I used on the damn thing. Also should probably buy another garage or apartment since it appears I'm out of room and I'm not putting vehicles in my other garage that I use to store gang cars.

Damn, still feel bad about the modified aerodynamics fixup I gave to the Felon. Hopefully you've gotten a replacement already.

I look forward to the Series A heist vehicles being 50% off and then seeing people throw a tantrum out over it again especially those complaining they just bought them.

Not that any of the Series A vehicles are worth it, even the Technical with a 50% discount is still more than I might be willing to spend for it. Besides, I have the Insurgent Pick-Up and many should too after last week.

Damn, still feel bad about the modified aerodynamics fixup I gave to the Felon. Hopefully you've gotten a replacement already.

Yeah I got it, no biggie though I still don't think I got the colors quite right as before.

I look forward to the Series A heist vehicles being 50% off and then seeing people throw a tantrum out over it again especially those complaining they just bought them.

Not that any of the Series A vehicles are worth it, even the Technical with a 50% discount is still more than I might be willing to spend for it. Besides, I have the Insurgent Pick-Up and many should too after last week.
Yeah the Technical doesn't seem particularly useful given the presence of the Insurgent Pickup. Sadly I didn't have enough cash left to grab the Insurgent Pickup at half price (after buying the Valkyrie and regular Insurgent), but even at half price the Technical doesn't seem very attractive. I'm just waiting for a half price Savage now.

Top Bottom