• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Apparently a lot of PS4 players are unable to load GTA V without the game crashing at the moment, and giving error code CE-34878-0. This affects both SP and Online. Rockstar have an article up about it, and I can confirm that both my friend and I are experiencing this, and not a single person on my friends list is playing GTA V right now (which is incredibly unusual):

https://support.rockstargames.com/h...rror-Code-CE-34878-0-When-Playing-GTAV-on-PS4

EDIT: The Rockstar Support Twitter account is lit up like a Christmas tree. I suspect all PS4 users are affected. If I sign out of the PSN then SP will load fine. As soon as I try to launch the game while signed in it crashes with error code CE-34878-0.

So I came back to this to give heists a proper go.

Still finding it difficult to actually join one properly....

Rockstar should just make it a separate matchmaking element.

Edit: Join main online game, get completely bombarded with annoying invites to every kind of job out there seemingly, then seek to join a heist that pops up and get told it's full.

Cue yet another lengthy loading sequence.

Rockstar please!

So I came back to this to give heists a proper go.

Still finding it difficult to actually join one properly....

Rockstar should just make it a separate matchmaking element.

I have found that the best way to heist is to start a private game (friends only/invite only/crew only) and coordinate with everyone who will be involved. Get everyone into the same private session and have the leader start up the heist.

This fixes a few things:

• Loading times before and after setups are cut down to a fraction, because you aren't waiting for a lobby full of players to load in/out.
  • You also don't have to worry about psychopaths spawn camping, waiting for players who have finished a heist (this is more of an issue during special events, such as now).

Symphonia

Banned
Got into a rather large-scale deathmatch in free roam with about ten people. Hydras, tanks, Insurgents, and Valkyries everywhere. It was awesome. Went through three or four Kurumas though.

I love moments of madness like that.

Symphonia

Banned
We should put together a group to take downtown LS.

Half can provide air support.
The other half will roll the streets in tanks.

No one will be safe.
I'm up for that. Ted, waypoetic, Dire, and I had done it once already in Ted's Valkyrie. We caused so much carnage that everyone left. I think, when we do it, we should turn LS in to the Gotham City from Arkham Knight, with at least two tanks (drones) on the street, one chopper for air support, snipers positioned on high-reach terraces, and an Insurgent or three as our ultimate weapon.

Spotify on PS4 - Tangerine Dream playlist.

Soooo good.

But can someone please tell me how to play vanilla DM and TMD? It's been a very long time since I bothered with online and now 95% of the time I try to join I get tossed into some horrible fan made RP boosting fists only parkour garbage map.

Why wouldn't Rockstar separate the two? Unless I'm missing something they done fucked it up.

0bZXeFc.jpg

Buy the Karin Technical!

With a 50% off, it's a real steal.

Isn't it objectively worse than the Insurgent Pickup in every way? I haven't used it much so I'm keen to hear more about it, just didn't think it made much sense as a purchase.
I have both since the Heists update.

Yes, the Insurgent Pickup is far stronger, but the Karin Technical is very fun too, Rockstar also added bulletproof tires to it recently.

And if someone wants to buy the Karin Technical, well, he better buys it now with that 50% off than to buy it later at full price...

Rockstar have said that the outage affecting PS4 users last week affected anyone with more than 100 PSN friends, which is why some people were able to play without any issues at that time.

Additionally, the machine gun on the Karin Technical is stronger than the one from the Insurgent Pickup:

19eqt9o.png

Thanks to funmw2 from GTAForums.
Interesting! I don't think it offsets the Insurgent's explosive resistance, protection for the gunner, and larger number of passengers, but at least the Technical does have one clear advantage.

Rockstar have said that the outage affecting PS4 users last week affected anyone with more than 100 PSN friends, which is why some people were able to play without any issues at that time.
Yikes. The 100 friends issue strikes again, eh?

My in-game friends list would crash any time I tried to go beyond the 99 mark. The problem went away when I cleaned up my PSN friends list and worked it down to the 80s.

Then there was the 100 friends list issues that Tetris was having.

Interesting! I don't think it offsets the Insurgent's explosive resistance, protection for the gunner, and larger number of passengers, but at least the Technical does have one clear advantage.
Agreed. Other than a few scenarios in missions where the Technical could dispatch air attackers quickly, the Insurgent is the way to go. Especially in free mode.

Yikes. The 100 friends issue strikes again, eh?

My in-game friends list would crash any time I tried to go beyond the 99 mark. The problem went away when I cleaned up my PSN friends list and worked it down to the 80s.

Then there was the 100 friends list issues that Tetris was having.
Yeah I'm not sure what Rockstar changed on the backend, but it sounds pretty damn sloppy.

AC4: Black Flag also had issues where Uplay didn't work if you had 100+ friends, and you couldn't get 'community chests' and white whales on the PS4 unless you culled your friends list. They did eventually fix that but it took some ridiculous amount of time (4 months, or something like that).

EDIT: Double cash and XP for the Pacific Standard heist is now live.

So apparently you can detonate a sticky bomb in someone's hand with a gunshot while they prime to throw it from a car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKnTjs3gAII

Yeah I've done that a few times, as the video showed though, you're still responsible for the insurance which is bullshit because I don't remember it being an issue before, maybe they were driving non-PV cars or something but I found that out a few days ago when someone tried to blow me up while I was in my T20 with a bounty on my head. Still their insurance was way cheaper than mine at least. Quickly abandoned my car after that and requested my Insurgent when I got away.

Fuuuuuck-ing hell. Nothing but issues getting a party to run the 'Standard tonight. It was always something. Connectivity issues, people having to get off for numerous reasons, lobby invite problems, language barriers, you name it... 1 hour and 15 mins of trouble shooting, arranging, messaging, and miscommunication for a measly maybe 45 mins of actual gameplay.

Oh well, at least it's going all week. Would be nice to get something reliable together and milk this shit for once though.

Ted

Yo Jason, long time no boost friend. Miss it.

Oh well, at least it's going all week. Would be nice to get something reliable together and milk this shit for once though.

I might be up for it Friday or Saturday evening (GMT time). Need a little cash boost, I keep hosting heists and not getting them done... eh GAF. :)

Free-aim or soft-lock? Been playing a lot of PS2 so my sensitivity is all out whack so I'll be a liability for a mission or two on either aim mode.

Let me know if you need a body.

Re. the below post, T, if you get three and just need a fourth tonight drop me a PSN message if I'm on. Nothing more annoying than waiting for a random to fill a spot.

Symphonia

Banned
If you (or anyone, for that matter) is available tonight to do the Pacific Standard heist, then I'll be more than happy. You're looking at roughly $1.8M for completing it, not to mention the set up rewards. I'm on PS4. My PSN is below, quote to see.

I will be on tonight/Wed/Thurs after 8 pm central time U.S. I won't be on Friday or Saturday. I will be available all day Sunday unless something comes up.

If anyone is available during those times and wants to cheese the final heist: I have an apartment right around the corner from where the bikes are stashed and a fully modified Karuma in the garage. All we have to do is lose the cops or quick restart (not looking for in-game achievements) so that I can buzz everyone in so we can pile into the Karuma.

The only catch is that I haven't unlocked all the heists so someone else will need to host.

If you are interested, make sure you have a heavy heist gear outfit saved as a player saved outfit and send me a friend invite (PS4 version): Randy_M_Green

Ted

Those evening times are too late for me, I'll be soundly tucked up by then.

Sunday [your daytime] might work. I'll drop you an FR and feel free to message me when you are thinking about getting it done. Can host (would rather not this time though) and have the same apartment.

Ted

I'm not organising mate, just participating if folk need me.

I'm always happy to grab some extra cash though so if you are planning on running through one with these guys or elsewhere let me know, happy to tag along.

Last night went better. I was able to join up with a group I've been playing with and we completed the last setup and the finale. I tried to bring in Biforce when one of the group said they were going to leave, but they stuck around a few minutes too long. We found another 4th and ran through all the setups and the finale again.

Just over a mil in 2 hours. Not bad.

Biforce, Ted, and waypoetic, we should put together a team for Sunday and stick together. We can just milk the Pac Standard until we have more money than we know what to do with.

Symphonia

Banned
I'm up for Sunday with you, Ted and waypoetic. I can vouch for them personally as being excellent when working in teams. The PS heist with them was great fun, particularly the last stretch.

Anyway, is anyone else having an issue with missiles and homing launchers not locking on to other non-NPCs? I was in a full lobby and there were a few of us in Hydras, but my in-jet rockets weren't locking on, nor was my homing launcher while on foot?

Check your targeting settings in the touch-pad hold menu. You may have it set to only target attackers. In which I don't think the lock-on will auto target other players until they fire on you.

Eklipsis

Anyway, is anyone else having an issue with missiles and homing launchers not locking on to other non-NPCs? I was in a full lobby and there were a few of us in Hydras, but my in-jet rockets weren't locking on, nor was my homing launcher while on foot?

I was having this same issue but I think it was because they were using the 1v1 deathmatch to get their hydras.

Ted

Biforce, Ted, and waypoetic, we should put together a team for Sunday and stick together. We can just milk the Pac Standard until we have more money than we know what to do with.

I'm up for Sunday with you, Ted and waypoetic.

I'm cool with that. What sort of time will you be online on Sunday [EPD, BOP, Way]?

I can vouch for them personally as being excellent when working in teams. The PS heist with them was great fun, particularly the last stretch.

Well that's very kind mate. I have to agree with you to be honest [and DS when he said something similar], heists were GOTY great with the crew first time round. I still don't know many folk on my friends list who bothered to free-aim through all of them so I'm not sure I would have got a chance to complete them that way at all without the GAF crew. Not to mention pretty much everyone from GAF I have played with on GTA has been super nice, a good craic, totally supportive regardless of who fucked up what and just generally a good guy (or girl).

Nice one GTA GAF and especially the crew. Y'all do it the way co-op is meant to be played. :)

Ted, I should be online any time after 2pm central time U.S. on Sunday. I also prefer free-aim. Unfortunately, I often end up in auto-aim land as friend sessions I join are almost always set as such.

I think we should create a free-aim lobby/freemode session and the invite all members who will participate. This way the session will remain free-aim and we can cut down on loading between set-ups because we will all be dumped into a random-free lobby.

waypoetic

Banned
I think I'm free all sunday, besides working out. I'm one hour after Ted (CET+1) so you guys could just decide whatever works for you and I'm sure I'll be good to go.

Top Bottom