• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

D8WDi3q.jpg

T-U-R-T-L-E power

Ted

Ted, I should be online any time after 2pm central time U.S. on Sunday. I also prefer free-aim. Unfortunately, I often end up in auto-aim land as friend sessions I join are almost always set as such.

I think we should create a free-aim lobby/freemode session and the invite all members who will participate. This way the session will remain free-aim and we can cut down on loading between set-ups because we will all be dumped into a random-free lobby.

I think I'm free all sunday, besides working out. I'm one hour after Ted (CET+1) so you guys could just decide whatever works for you and I'm sure I'll be good to go.

I *think* 2pm CST/CDT is 8pm BST (so 9pm WayST)?

If that's the case that's fine, I'll have about 3 hours so should be able to get through one or even two runs if we push hard.

I *think* 2pm CST/CDT is 8pm BST (so 9pm WayST)?

If that's the case that's fine, I'll have about 3 hours so should be able to get through one or even two runs if we push hard.
2 runs is definitely possible. I have two of the setups and the finale down to almost a science.

Symphonia

Banned
The finale, if you have it planned out, is a doddle. I think having a Karuma or Insurgent available in a near-by garage is more than helpful.

Ted

Best let me know what said plan is for the setups folks as I can only remember the final heist (lose police after getting to the bikes, get in garage, take kuruma, up the western highway, boat, cash, all smiles?)!

Oh yeah, now I think about it I remember the stealing the bikes setup (take out the gate dudes, D and I over the wall, BOP and Way through the gate, D round the back to hoover up the sneaky ones) but can't place the rest.

I'll check out some vids before Sunday (or procrastinate about it and cram whilst making dinner on the day).

See y'all in LS.

Ted, that's about it. There's a way to cheese the setup where you pick up the hermit tech that I will cover with you guys on Sunday.

I have a tried and true method to get through the convoy setup relatively unscathed. Everyone needs to be patient and take down helicopters and sections of the convoy in a specific order though.

Also, everyone needs to make sure they have a heist outfit saved to their Player Saved Outfits.

Razakin

"razakin gtfo"

Me to Razakin, after he roamed with his Progen T20 in a One on One Deathmatch with TANKS...

Dude, I was the bloody victim on this case. You and your tanks causing havoc when I was just casually driving with my T20. (of course, I wonder how many times this is when I've trolled a bit after/before heists just to laughs for me.)

And guess first time, you either drove over me or I drove under ya, thus no insurance for both, second time you shot Iron-Pat while I was between and I exploded.

Haha, oh yeah next time I'm on I want to drive over Jason's Armored Kuruma again.

I'll probably get on tomorrow at around noon and also on Saturday and Sunday.

Haha, oh yeah next time I'm on I want to drive over Jason's Armored Kuruma again.
I'm pretty sure that this will just make my car explodes and kill me instantly if you try this again.

It was probably a cheating death bug, like it happens only 1 time out of 100.

I'll probably get on tomorrow at around noon and also on Saturday and Sunday.
I definitely can help you to start and complete the Pacific Standard Heist and after that we can do my heist's finale when Razakin and my other friend are online.

Symphonia

Banned
I'm STILL having that issue with homing missiles and rockets from the Hydra not locking on. It's REALLY beginning to piss me off.

Fuck that guy who left right after making us fail the Pacific Standard Heist by driving the boat on the beach literally 10 seconds before we could complete it.

Fuck that guy who left right after making us fail the Pacific Standard Heist by driving the boat on the beach literally 10 seconds before we could complete it.

Yeah... He added me to his friends, I need to remove him. I thought he was a friend of yours? Much rage inducing, especially since we could've still finished it with all the money on a quick restart. -.-

Yeah... He added me to his friends, I need to remove him. I thought he was a friend of yours? Much rage inducing, especially since we could've still finished it with all the money on a quick restart. -.-
He is, but let's try to play without him next time and only you, Razakin, my other friend and me.

Still tomorrow around noon?

Ted, waypoetic, and Biforce: I will actually be on a little earlier than originally expected on Sunday. I should be able to hop on around 12:00 pm central U.S. time instead of 2.

Ted

Noon your time is probably a little early, I might be on but it won't be consistent as I'll be cooking. WIll try to be on [GTA] as early as I can but expect closer to 8pm (2pm) that 6pm (noon). I'll drop you all a PSN message when I get on.

Feel free to go at it with another and just message me when you need a fourth.

See y'all in LS.

Good times tonight guys. We didn't quite milk the heist, but we had a lot of fun. I'm working on putting together a short video of some highlights. I will upload it to my youtube channel when it's finished.

waypoetic

Banned
It's those moments that make GTA extra fun.

Had a great time yesterday guys. Hope to see us do it again soon, now that Dire is "retired" and all.

I swear the Humane Labs finale is cursed. Something always goes wrong: rebreather glitches and won't equip, elevator kills someone for entering without the other player, parachute sends me into a building.

Anyway, we finally completed it and I can now join the ranks of lobby-roaming assholes in Insurgents.

YdWNvOv.jpg

I swear the Humane Labs finale is cursed. Something always goes wrong: rebreather glitches and won't equip, elevator kills someone for entering without the other player, parachute sends me into a building.
If the rebreather glitches out, it's actually still possible to make it to the end of the tunnel if you have a full snack compliment.

Rogan

Banned
Loved the single player and played some GTA online on PS3 when it launched.

Now I own GTA for the PS4 and want to jump in GTA online again. The loading times are worse then ever. Loading times from single player to online are fine. Loading times from heist to 'open world' are horrible. Sometimes takes up to 4 minutes.

Its nearly unplayable for me at this moment. Empty lobbies are more frequent than a lobby with players. Solution? Search for a new session and wait 4 / 5 minutes.

I already opened the ports on my router / modem and I am behind NAT2. I am connected with wire and got a 120 Mbit connection and ping results are fine.

Online is great when it works! I can have a lot of fun with friends playing online. But when you are alone its a drag.

Am I alone on this or does everyone have issues with loading times?

Symphonia

Banned
Is that the new official name for it now? Because I swear to God, come after me in it and I will blow up your Chase-Tony Mobile and wipe it out.

:(

Loved the single player and played some GTA online on PS3 when it launched.

Now I own GTA for the PS4 and want to jump in GTA online again. The loading times are worse then ever. Loading times from single player to online are fine. Loading times from heist to 'open world' are horrible. Sometimes takes up to 4 minutes.

Its nearly unplayable for me at this moment. Empty lobbies are more frequent than a lobby with players. Solution? Search for a new session and wait 4 / 5 minutes.

I already opened the ports on my router / modem and I am behind NAT2. I am connected with wire and got a 120 Mbit connection and ping results are fine.

Online is great when it works! I can have a lot of fun with friends playing online. But when you are alone its a drag.

Am I alone on this or does everyone have issues with loading times?
You are not alone. And it seems to happen at random. The best solution is to party up with friends in a private free mode lobby. You then have a greater chance of being dropped into the same lobby after missions and heists. Load times in between are usually considerably shorter as well.

On Demand

Banned
We decided to dress up last night and search for secrets on the map, X-Files style.

http://prod.hosted.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/JzSyra0QmU2mTFP9iPpdyA_0_0.jpg[IMG]

We explored the 8 house, found a random glitch, and the UFO in the ocean. Though someone crushed the sub before everyone else could have a turn.

Getting into Los Santos Customs (glitch): [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up3VxMsNTlc[/url][/QUOTE]

[quote="ExitPlanetDust, post: 175550880"][url]http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Merle_Abrahams[/url][/QUOTE]

Do you stream this kind of stuff? There's a streamer that went around with around with his friends looking for similar things awhile back. I think actually they were looking for that exactly. Reading the info in the link, yeah. Blew my mind at the stuff he found.

Top Bottom