• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

I will be on around noon central U.S. today. Maybe a little later.

Do you stream this kind of stuff? There's a streamer that went around with around with his friends looking for similar things awhile back. I think actually they were looking for that exactly. Reading the info in the link, yeah. Blew my mind at the stuff he found.

I do have a twitch channel but I mostly stream "offline" or single player content. I doubt my connection has the bandwidth to stream and play online at the same time. Though I could give it a try. I will post a heads up here if we do.

waypoetic

Banned
I don't know the conversions of different time zones, atleast i can't remember them alll so I'll just log on in about an hour. See ya?

Ted

Sorry I wasn't able to make it last night. Work got in the way unfortunately. Hope to be around for as many Sunday sessions as I can though.

See y'all in LS.

Picked this up on Xbox one as I fancied some gta free roam and the price seems to have dropped - are gaffers mostly Xbox or ps4 based?

Any hints on getting going? I transferred my character who had an apartment and was set up with guns and cash to my ps4 when a friend lent me his copy months ago so will probably have to start from scratch on the Xbox! Is it still as hard as when the game first came out or has it eased up since?

Picked this up on Xbox one as I fancied some gta free roam and the price seems to have dropped - are gaffers mostly Xbox or ps4 based?

Any hints on getting going? I transferred my character who had an apartment and was set up with guns and cash to my ps4 when a friend lent me his copy months ago so will probably have to start from scratch on the Xbox! Is it still as hard as when the game first came out or has it eased up since?

Mostly ps4 it seems however I'm on XB1 and have friends who play would happily help you out if needed.

Had a good kill on a guy yesterday... He was up there doing harm from above and I exacted my revenge.

KWHkFwo.gif

We did this a few months ago. There was an incident with flares. People got set on fire... unfortunate deaths. Some ghost called the cops. There was a welcoming party when we exited the mine.

I don't know if we will go back there anytime soon.

Edit/Add: I was able to move the archived 7 hour stream over to Youtube. It can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxWz1djLfn0
Edit: While I cannot chop up the video into a highlights reel, I am marking highlights in the description by time so that they can be quickly viewed.

Well, I guess that's a night.

I was playing with a group when the servers finally went down. Surprisingly, our free roam session stayed up and running. One player tried to start a heist and got an infinite loading screen, but he was able to drop back into the same free mode session. We were getting crazy random lag spikes while we continued to play. I also got an "unable to save" error message so I'm not sure where the cutoff is. I may be missing some cash when I log in again.

This makes me really wish I could somehow transfer my online character into a single player mode.

I would assume so after all of the heist money everyone has accumulated. Not to mention, tomorrow is usually updates day for GTA Online.
I'm praying that we get some new Heists at some point. I've always found lobbies fairly boring (I generally set passive mode as the first thing I do once I've loaded in), and missions only 'fair' at best. But I absolutely love the heists, I'd happily play them all on repeat with decent players.

Yeah new heists would be reason to cash in some vacation time at work haha.

I'm still really interested in putting together a crew to tackle the criminal mastermind challenge. Everyone would need to be available from 8pm - 10pm central time US and the occasional Sunday.

We did this a few months ago. There was an incident with flares. People got set on fire... unfortunate deaths. Some ghost called the cops. There was a welcoming party when we exited the mine.

I don't know if we will go back there anytime soon.

Edit/Add: I was able to move the archived 7 hour stream over to Youtube. It can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxWz1djLfn0
Edit: While I cannot chop up the video into a highlights reel, I am marking highlights in the description by time so that they can be quickly viewed.

Sucks pretty bad how cops show up even in the most remote areas where absolutely nobody could be there to call the police. Like, you're in an ABANDONED MINE that theoretically hasn't been opened since the 1950s and has a DEAD CORPSE in it. C'mon now, Rockstar.

It's one thing that really bothered me about GTAV that I think should have been improved. That and the cop spawn logic. It's one thing if cops spawn on a street 3 blocks away from you ... who knows maybe they were doing rounds. It's another thing when a LAPD police cruiser spawns driving down the mountain from the top of Mt. Chiliad... I feel like Rockstar got lazy with that. If they wanted to have police spawn up there they should have spawned on ATVs or something as park rangers, not damn police cruisers flying down from the top of a mountain.

ODDI

Rockstar editor to come on the next update for PS4 and XB1!
Congrats again to all our winners and thanks to all our talented entrants. The upcoming launch of the Rockstar Editor for PS4 and Xbox One as the next update to Grand Theft Auto V and GTA Online means the next Rockstar Editor Contest will be the first one with entries across all three platforms - so the creative competition will be fiercer than ever. Stay tuned for info about that contest and forthcoming update.

Finally hit 120 and picked up a minigun. I immediately tested it out on LSPD.
*Taken from my Twitch stream so there is some NSFW dialogue. Use phones.

Edit: My friend, DirtNapper, captured some video from his angle and the in-game news broadcast while I was on my rampage: www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_biEgmwIGU

Also, I have been streaming almost every day since we figured out that my connection is pretty stable while playing GTA Online. Feel free to drop by the channel and check us out when we are online: http://www.twitch.tv/wip3outguy7
Not everything I stream will be GTA related, but it is what I mostly play these days so expect to see it more often than anything else.

Sucks pretty bad how cops show up even in the most remote areas where absolutely nobody could be there to call the police. Like, you're in an ABANDONED MINE that theoretically hasn't been opened since the 1950s and has a DEAD CORPSE in it. C'mon now, Rockstar.

It's one thing that really bothered me about GTAV that I think should have been improved. That and the cop spawn logic. It's one thing if cops spawn on a street 3 blocks away from you ... who knows maybe they were doing rounds. It's another thing when a LAPD police cruiser spawns driving down the mountain from the top of Mt. Chiliad... I feel like Rockstar got lazy with that. If they wanted to have police spawn up there they should have spawned on ATVs or something as park rangers, not damn police cruisers flying down from the top of a mountain.

Yeah, it's annoying that just firing a gun most of the time will trigger a wanted level, even if you have a silencer and I could've sworn this was one of the things they talked about not happening in GTA V along with changes they made. I could also swear that police spawning has gotten worse since release, maybe it's because I'm still on the PS3 side but I've seen cops spawn in front of me from out of no where which I don't recall ever witnessing even a year ago.

Leyasu

Banned
If any xbone players are around this weekend and fancy doing some heists, then hit me up.

GT: Van Winkel x

It takes forever to fill lobbies.

waypoetic

Banned
Huh...

Suprised to see that no one has posted the GTAO update news from Rockstar. Oh well, in case some of you didn't see it:

Rockstar Editor Updates: Coming in September to PS4 & Xbox One with New Features

actual_1440423584.jpg

Create, edit and share your GTAV and GTA Online experiences – from amazing stunt montages to creative machinima storytelling – with the Rockstar Editor coming in September to PS4 and Xbox One.

Next month, the Rockstar Editor officially makes its way to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles as part of the next downloadable update for Grand Theft Auto V and GTA Online. This update will also bring with it some new features for the Rockstar Editor that will be available for all three platforms including PC, along with some exciting new gameplay for GTA Online Freemode that we’ll be sharing more about in the coming weeks.

actual_1440423595.jpg

More at the link.

brothershanko

Neo Member
Me and waypoetic tried to play some of those hilarious custom LTS-modes but they're all broken. At least the good ones with rocket launchers. Instead of rockets we get nightsticks or pistols. What's up with that?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Me and waypoetic tried to play some of those hilarious custom LTS-modes but they're all broken. At least the good ones with rocket launchers. Instead of rockets we get nightsticks or pistols. What's up with that?
Setting needs to be forced + pickup

brothershanko

Neo Member
Setting needs to be forced + pickup
Yeah, the description made that very clear. However, the starting weapon was locked for nightstick or pistol. We tried a few of them, always the same problem. Could it be that we only had bad luck and got the ones not updated or something?

Symphonia

Banned
I found a decent LTS. Add me (vntonywhite) and Way already has me added. We'll sort out a night and hop on. Maybe our Sunday night group thing this week could be that. I won't spoil the surprise by telling you what exactly it is.

Besides people who seem to be way, waaaaay too good at head shots in this game (on the PS3 side still) you know what grinds my gears? Laggers, nothing like chasing a bounty and knocking the car they're driving into a wall and shooting the shit out of the them only for them to suddenly be back on the road a hundred yards away.

Symphonia

Banned
Besides people who seem to be way, waaaaay too good at head shots in this game (on the PS3 side still) you know what grinds my gears? Laggers, nothing like chasing a bounty and knocking the car they're driving into a wall and shooting the shit out of the them only for them to suddenly be back on the road a hundred yards away.
Ugh, yes. I had something similar to your story happen to me. Chased the bounty in to Blaine County ready to blow his shit up with the AP. I spun him out, and we both went crashing into a wall. Of course the game decides to lag - or had been lagging but only just caught up - so he's then halfway down the road having planted C4 on my car, and proceeds to blow me up. I threw the controller in rage.

Top Bottom