• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Bouniter

That's pretty great. Thanks!

Your Welcome hope it helps.

The only other thing of real note for car performance that isn't ever mentioned anywhere is that you always want to be using off-road tires. (I know there not pretty but)

Though tires don't make any difference at all to traction off-road tires do lessen the impact of any bumps you drive over, generally making the car more stable allowing you to take some lines that previously would have thrown your car off.

Really enjoying the lobby events so far. Some are an impossible shit show like the ones where you have to transport the package... Played that with 28 people and it was ridiculous. One guy actually got most of the way across the map before I killed him by flying a plane into him and then that initiated a No Man's Land around the package for the rest of the timer.

But otherwise it's a lot of zany fun.

Be the Beast pretty much sucks IMO. When I became the Beast, I was in the middle of nowhere and they took me away from my car, so I had no car to get into for like 5minutes because pedestrians flee from you. Was pretty pointless. I thought that it would be like a Crackdown style super guy, like ability to run fast, leap over fences and stuff and avoid people... But it's not. I think it's just your regular guy but with like 1000% health.

Some are flawed but they're adding a lot more life to free roam, and I enjoy them.

I miss GTA Sundays with you guys.

MU0A7Lt.gif

I miss it too. Even though the Action Replay on PS4 is hilariously short, I like what you've been making and plan to be available at least every other Sunday to play for a bit. This coming weekend, however, I'll be down in the real-life Los Santos :D

Oh and here is our latest video from the world of GTA Online, featuring some dude who was straining to poop and fart... The Gassy Man

For curiosity I wanted to see if you were able to play any of the interesting jobs with other people, and after sitting on "G Rated Hot III" for about 20 minutes, I've decided that that you still can't. At one point I had two people join, just needing 1 more to start the mode, and alas, one guy left, and then the other guy did ... And, well, it'll never load.

Sucks how Rockstar messed so much of this up, and even 2 years later it's still not playable.

WAIT... 3 people! All we need is one more...

*edit* 5 minutes later.

Nope, guy left.

Sucks. Whats the point.

edgefusion

Is there still an active community playing this online? I've been trying for the past 2 hours to do a job but all I've managed to get so far are long queues, long loading times and the occasional list of players 'waiting' only to have the whole thing be abandoned for I don't know why. For the life of me I can't get into any sort of mission, what gives?

Is there still an active community playing this online? I've been trying for the past 2 hours to do a job but all I've managed to get so far are long queues, long loading times and the occasional list of players 'waiting' only to have the whole thing be abandoned for I don't know why. For the life of me I can't get into any sort of mission, what gives?

Pretty much par for the course of playing jobs in GTA Online for the last year. There is still a community in the millions playing this game online, but Rockstar's absense of actual matchmaking means that you will never play a job that requires a certain amount of people. The only modes that you'll be able to play with other people are bull shit grinding races of 1 lap races over and over again, or the Stunters vs. Snipers modes that people send invites to. You can pretty easily get 8 - 10 people playing that quickly.

But if you ever wanted to play any other mode, like any versus mission jobs, you're out of luck. I left it running for 30 minutes last week and set to auto invite, and at one point I got 1 person to join for about 30 seconds, and then he quit, and then he joined aagin for 30 seconds, and then quit. The mode required at least 4 people. Never got there. Even with 4 it would have been pointless because there were 4 teams and it would require some amount of teamwork to win. Would have been a waste of 10 minutes.

They fouled up playing jobs/missions in GTA Online so bad, and it's like nobody has ever wanted to Rockstar on it.

edgefusion

Pretty much par for the course of playing jobs in GTA Online for the last year. There is still a community in the millions playing this game online, but Rockstar's absense of actual matchmaking means that you will never play a job that requires a certain amount of people. The only modes that you'll be able to play with other people are bull shit grinding races of 1 lap races over and over again, or the Stunters vs. Snipers modes that people send invites to. You can pretty easily get 8 - 10 people playing that quickly.

But if you ever wanted to play any other mode, like any versus mission jobs, you're out of luck. I left it running for 30 minutes last week and set to auto invite, and at one point I got 1 person to join for about 30 seconds, and then he quit, and then he joined aagin for 30 seconds, and then quit. The mode required at least 4 people. Never got there. Even with 4 it would have been pointless because there were 4 teams and it would require some amount of teamwork to win. Would have been a waste of 10 minutes.

They fouled up playing jobs/missions in GTA Online so bad, and it's like nobody has ever wanted to Rockstar on it.

That's a huge shame. :/ Me and my buddy play pass the controller setting stupid challenges for each other and I wanted to get us the submarine. It seems like the only reasonably quick/non-boring way of doing that is shelling out the cash, which just isn't happening.

If you want to use the submarine, I'd suggest playing offline... the ocean is much more interesting in offline because of wildlife. And you get access to it by starting a particular side mission on the dock in the north west of the map.

MADGAME

Daily activities can be tough to accomplish, as certain ones require multiple players. Sucks not being able to get that additional $25k and chain them throughout the week/month for more money because you can't get anyone to join Vehicle Deathmatch or some other activity similar to what The Albatross mentioned.

Daily activities can be tough to accomplish, as certain ones require multiple players. Sucks not being able to get that additional $25k and chain them throughout the week/month for more money because you can't get anyone to join Vehicle Deathmatch or some other activity similar to what The Albatross mentioned.

Yeah, I was trying to reach 30 consecutive dailies for the $500k, but lost the streak yesterday at 12 days because I couldn't find any raid capture player in one hour of waiting.

Yeah, I was trying to reach 30 consecutive dailies for the $500k, but lost the streak yesterday at 12 days because I couldn't find any raid capture player in one hour of waiting.

Yeah, I feel like there are so many instances of this and yet it seems like R* is just absent to them. I'm not sure what the solution is, but I feel like having a better system than this invite-only crap would be much better. There are so many concurrent players in GTA V That they must have enough people to string into a game who want to play online together... Clearly the millions can't just be playing free roam and free roam only.

I've still never played a versus mission, like the old Cops and Crooks and the dozens of variations they have on GTA V... there is just noone to play them with, or the people who want to play these modes can't seem to get into games with each other.

MADGAME

Yeah, I feel like there are so many instances of this and yet it seems like R* is just absent to them. I'm not sure what the solution is, but I feel like having a better system than this invite-only crap would be much better. There are so many concurrent players in GTA V That they must have enough people to string into a game who want to play online together... Clearly the millions can't just be playing free roam and free roam only.

I've still never played a versus mission, like the old Cops and Crooks and the dozens of variations they have on GTA V... there is just noone to play them with, or the people who want to play these modes can't seem to get into games with each other.

I have a small group of friends that help out when someone needs another player for a daily. If either of you are on PS4 and want to add me, I'll be happy to help out when that need arises for a deathmatch, race, bounty, etc.Even if you happen to need another player for all 3 dailies, it's fairly quick to accomplish with a dedicated friend as opposed to hoping you can start an event that players join. Quote this post to see my PSN

Yeah a friend of mine will help do the dailies with me if we want to, but I'm more interested in just playing some of the objective based modes for fun, and unfortunately, there's just noone there to play them or the matchmaking is so bad they never can get people together. I think it's the invite-only driven system that has made it so bad for so long.

I have a small group of friends that help out when someone needs another player for a daily. If either of you are on PS4 and want to add me, I'll be happy to help out when that need arises for a deathmatch, race, bounty, etc.Even if you happen to need another player for all 3 dailies, it's fairly quick to accomplish with a dedicated friend as opposed to hoping you can start an event that players join. Quote this post to see my PSN

Thanks, I just sent you a request. I would be glad to help you too.

Even GTAIV's online aspect was better. I don't know why Rockstar screwed it up so much.

Savage skies tomorrow. I hooked up with i-800-Infantry and we will probably be cruising some lobbies. His videos taught me mostly everything I know about this chopper. Come out and join. A Valkyrie or two to watch our backs would make things that much more hilarious.

Also, for the first time in awhile, I will probably have some time to play mid day on Saturday if some of my good friends on the other side of the globe want to hang out.

And as always, I will be streaming... This time on YouTube: gaming.youtube.com/wip3outguy7

Thanks, I just sent you a request. I would be glad to help you too.

Even GTAIV's online aspect was better. I don't know why Rockstar screwed it up so much.
I tend to think that Heist missions make contact missions completely redundant. After doing the heists the contact missions feel completely lifeless to me.

Yep, some things are better... Like I like the persistent online world, the ability to buy apartments, the co-op missions, those are all good. Even though the co-op missions were a complete cluster fuck when the game first came out, by the time it was released for NextGen, they had improved a lot of them and made them fun and accessible.

But, playing any type of game mode is impossible. They completely fucked it up by the absense of a matchmaking system and relying completely on invites. THe game desperately needs a way to pair up with 2 or 3 people, go into a matchmaking session, and then get paired up with another group of people, or a lone wolf, or anything. It's like, imagine if CoD's online mode worked only via invites... Like you can only play with other people if somebody invites you to a game and it happens to be the kind of game you want to play. Nobody would play.

It's so bad and frustrating. There are so many unique mission types, like the "Grab the flags" missions that nobody is EVER going to play because it requires 4 people and the odds that you're going to invite 4 people to a game and have them accept it is infinitesimally small.

I tend to think that Heist missions make contact missions completely redundant. After doing the heists the contact missions feel completely lifeless to me.
Yeah, heists seem to fill up faster, so it's not only you.

Yep, some things are better... Like I like the persistent online world, the ability to buy apartments, the co-op missions, those are all good. Even though the co-op missions were a complete cluster fuck when the game first came out, by the time it was released for NextGen, they had improved a lot of them and made them fun and accessible.

But, playing any type of game mode is impossible. They completely fucked it up by the absense of a matchmaking system and relying completely on invites. THe game desperately needs a way to pair up with 2 or 3 people, go into a matchmaking session, and then get paired up with another group of people, or a lone wolf, or anything. It's like, imagine if CoD's online mode worked only via invites... Like you can only play with other people if somebody invites you to a game and it happens to be the kind of game you want to play. Nobody would play.

It's so bad and frustrating. There are so many unique mission types, like the "Grab the flags" missions that nobody is EVER going to play because it requires 4 people and the odds that you're going to invite 4 people to a game and have them accept it is infinitesimally small.
And the fact that anyone can create missions doesn't help either. There are way too many options. That's why I previously mentioned gtaiv. There you could select any game mode and be playing with 10 people in no time.
At least freemode is actually a big improvement like you said.

Apt101

My mic isn't working after the update. I haven't played in a while, fired it up and updated my system software. Now when I connect my mic I can't hear anyone, but they can hear me. I have my settings for "everyone", and input/outputs set up for the headset. PS4, using the PS4 Gold Wireless headset. I'm not specifying any specific headset profile within the game. I updated my headset app, updated the headset firmware, reset it to factory defaults, and tried again. No dice. When I disconnect the headset I hear people just fine.

I know the headset works just fine because I can use it on PC and Destiny with no problems.

Any ideas? I am about the just reinstall the game.

Striker

Any gaffers on PS4 still? Been doing heists again as of late.
That's what I do anymore it seems. Just to see how certain people work together and figure out any new strategies. The Humane heist is a lot of fun but damn are some people moronic.

Also bought a Coil Voltic. Love that car.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
took advantage of the deals with gold this week and got this for £26

Any gaffers in an xbox group?

Wolfe

Be the Beast pretty much sucks IMO. When I became the Beast, I was in the middle of nowhere and they took me away from my car, so I had no car to get into for like 5minutes because pedestrians flee from you. Was pretty pointless. I thought that it would be like a Crackdown style super guy, like ability to run fast, leap over fences and stuff and avoid people... But it's not. I think it's just your regular guy but with like 1000% health.

Lol dude this same shit just happened to me my first time playing that game mode. Was out on the freeway side of mt. josiah? (the one in the upper right near paleto bay) and as the final few seconds counted down for whatever reason I found myself thinking "hmm I'd rather not be the beast this time" and sure enough I'm the beast.

This is I didn't have a car and it put me on the ocean side of the same mountain, then as you said everyones fleeing from you and you've got to find a parked car, ugh. Then 3 markers in my new car gets blown up and I'm foot in the mountains again. Got so bored of running I finally just ran up to someone to shoot me and get it over with.

Either way I'm finally on the PS4 version of the game so if anyone wants to add me for heists (which I still haven't touched lol) or wahtever my psn is Foxwolfe2.

Wolfe, I'll send you an invite.

I haven't been on for a couple of weeks, but I may hop on tonight and stream a bit on YouTube.

Also, if anyone wants to start the Criminal Mastermind challenge, I should have a solid 6 hours to dedicate on Sunday. I'm also taking Tuesday off next week and I should have a good chunk of time then too. If everyone in the group can set aside the time, we might be able to knock this out in those two days.

Mastah

Lowriders DLC coming next week:

With next week’s release of GTA Online: Lowriders for PS4, Xbox One and PC – lovers of cars and customization all across Los Santos and Blaine County will have a suite of brand new options and a new place to go get them. Introducing Benny’s Original Motor Works, a new customs shop in downtown Strawberry that offers a huge range of lowrider customizations that can turn your classic junker into a high-spec, tricked-out king of the streets.

Visit Benny’s website via the shortcut on your in-game phone to choose from a half-dozen select customizable vehicles – then bring them down to the man himself for an upgrade that unlocks new custom lowrider mods. Deck out your engine block with covers and air filters, coat your interiors with velour, leather and patterns, choose custom colors and designs for your dials, or add a new steering wheel and custom shift levers. Give your ride lift with hydraulics - the more powerful the pumps, the higher you can bounce. And boost your stereo’s performance with new speakers and subs in the back.

Then, meet up with friends and fellow car enthusiasts to show off your new rides – use the Player Interaction Menu while inside or outside the car to open up the vehicle doors, hood and trunk, switch on the engine to flash your neons and bump your favorite radio station for all to admire. Crew car shows are about to go next level.

And keep an eye out for calls and texts from Lamar – he’s making moves of his own through a series of new missions and he’s going to need your help. You’ll want to hit up your trusted allies, wheelmen, and sharpshooters for backup too, as things are going to get hectic.

Get stocked with the fully automatic Machine Pistol or Machete from Ammu-Nation. The upwardly mobile can also expand their garage space and fleet of vehicles with the addition of the oft-requested fourth purchasable property. There’s also tons of new clothing, hair and accessory options as well as 3 new Adversary Modes and more.

GTA Online: Lowriders arrives for PS4, Xbox One and PC as an automatic update on Tuesday, October 20th. See more screens from next week’s update below.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...lowriders&utm_campaign=gtaolowriders-10152015

On Demand

Banned
All these updates and still no single player DLC. They weren't kidding when they said they were gonna support the online portion of the game.

I guess I really should consider getting the current gen/PC version of the game now but I'm hoping there will be a good discount next month.

bud23

I guess I really should consider getting the current gen/PC version of the game now but I'm hoping there will be a good discount next month.

Right now, both the Xbone and PS4 versions are on sale for $39.99.

Edit: The PC version is 33% off too atm (Rockstar Warehouse).

Stolen from GTAForums:

elomIFy.png

owV3woZ.png

Well played, R*.

Top Bottom