• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

I wonder if we'll see any of this stuff in the single player. I always felt like Franklin could have done with a Lowrider in the early part of the game.

I'm on with BiForce and another friend right now. We need a 4th to start up the criminal mastermind challenge. We're going to power through whatever we can over the next 5 to 6 hours and then pick it up again on Tuesday in the afternoon.

If you're interested in sticking with us through the challenge, jump on as soon as you see this and send me a friend invite: Randy_M_Green

PS4 version

Edit: nvm, we couldn't get a 4th so we're going to make another go at it the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Sorry bud, but I brought home work to keep up with some projects and have been dealing with family health issues. I did manage to play for a tiny bit but maybe only an hour with our buddy Craig, who recently picked up GTAV (and a PS4 just last month).

https://youtu.be/EvwDzZPCYOI

Haha, I saw that video. Welcome to the game, Craig.

And no big deal about the heist challenge. I know it's asking a lot from people. I think that setting aside some time every night that week should work though. It's just a matter of getting everyone online at the same time so we can power through.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Have the police been improved on this?

I can kill people in the middle of nowhere without the police automatically knowing about it.

This is in online free roam lobbies btw

Symphonia

Banned
I can kill people in the middle of nowhere without the police automatically knowing about it.
Well, yeah, because there's no-one around to see it. In the city, you get the police after you because there are AI around to call them. In the middle of nowhere, there isn't. It's simple logic.

Lashley

Well, yeah, because there's no-one around to see it. In the city, you get the police after you because there are AI around to call them. In the middle of nowhere, there isn't. It's simple logic.

Naw, used to be a common complaint online as well as amongst friends that you could kill someone on a mountain with nobody for miles and miles and the police would be on your ass with a police cruiser bombing up the side of that mountain

Naw, used to be a common complaint online as well as amongst friends that you could kill someone on a mountain with nobody for miles and miles and the police would be on your ass with a police cruiser bombing up the side of that mountain
I remember reading somewhere that the bug was related to wild animals witnessing it and somehow calling the cops. Hilarious if true.

Have the police been improved on this?

This is in online free roam lobbies btw

This was improved via a patch about... 2 months ago or so. For most of the game's release, killing someone in the middle of nowhere even with a silence would magically alert the cops. Heck, a lot of times killing from cover/hidden, in nowhere, with a silencer, would result in cops. No longer. Now even killing with a silencer in the city is effective.

YES

It's taking almost 10 minutes now to "prepare the download". What is this shit? Speeds are finally fixed and now this..
Yeah just finished for me, the last GB took forever. It's a roughly 8GB patch I think.

Patch notes:

"Lowriders update, plus additional improvements and bug fixes"

Yeah just finished for me, the last GB took forever. It's a roughly 8GB patch I think.

Patch notes:

"Lowriders update, plus additional improvements and bug fixes"

Can't wait to check it out later this afternoon.

Patch isn't 8 GB though, it starts at 7.xxx before some of you start screaming. :p

So this new DLC. Does it actually come with missions? The trailer they put out showed cutscenes with Lamar.
You can't even enter Benny's until you've done the first new Lamar mission.

Can you play the new missions solo or with just one other person, or are they like heists which require 4? ANy ideas?
For the first mission, I think you need 4. It definitely wouldn't let me start it with 2, but the 3rd and 4th guys joined simultaneously so I don't know if it's possible to start with 3.

I haven't done the second mission yet, so I'm not sure what the required player counts are for the subsequent missions.

NeoGiff

This is extremely disappointing. Extortionate in-game customisation prices, and the whole novelty of lowriders is shit. They barely bounce at all. $800,000 thrown away for nothing.

Lashley

I remember reading somewhere that the bug was related to wild animals witnessing it and somehow calling the cops. Hilarious if true.

Please be true. That's fucking fantastic.

This was improved via a patch about... 2 months ago or so. For most of the game's release, killing someone in the middle of nowhere even with a silence would magically alert the cops. Heck, a lot of times killing from cover/hidden, in nowhere, with a silencer, would result in cops. No longer. Now even killing with a silencer in the city is effective.

Ah thats good! :) Haven't played for a few months

Mistel

Banned
The Faction returning from IV is nice, however tying the power bulge hood to low rider customisation is utterly baffling though.

This is extremely disappointing. Extortionate in-game customisation prices, and the whole novelty of lowriders is shit. They barely bounce at all. $800,000 thrown away for nothing.
It's great if you really like having a lowrider I guess, but personally I prefer the sports cars and sports classics, so yeah this update isn't very interesting for me. The Lamar mission I've seen was disappointing too: great cutscenes, but the mission itself was dull.

I really wish they'd put out some more heists, I'd happily pay for more.

GTA Online feels like it is slowly progressing to a pay-to-play model. Especially after this last update. The low rider prices are outrageous, sure. But as hard as R* has been pushing the shark cards (on PSN at least), I can't say I'm surprised.

Does that make it ok? Not really.

That said, you don't have to buy anything. This is free DLC. I'm overall pleased with the update. I spent about 800k on a car and it bounces like the Mach 5 when you get it going. I will slowly grind out heists and missions with friends to customize it over time.

I had a pretty good private lobby going with BiForce and a few other friends for a good chunk of the day. A few of us broke off to finish up the Pac Standard and we noticed a few unspoken things in the update.

1. Enemies are buffed, big time. They have more health and they are ruthless. Some of them take 2 head shots to kill.

2. NPCs are more aggressive. Some of them approach the realm of artificial difficulty. Running from the cops? Traffic will aim for you like a torpedo. Sure this happened before the update, but you really have to watch out now.

3. The physics have been slightly tweaked, probably to accommodate the new low riders. It's a bit easier to bottom out in dips and on cubs.

4. Hey look! You can buy ammo from the mini-menu!

I'm not positive, but I think there might be some new free roam events. Our private lobby was full enough to trigger them. Today was probably the most fun I've had in GTA Online in awhile. I streamed most of the day if anyone wants to scrub through for highlights: youtube.com/wip3outguy7

Foffy

Banned
Finished Lamar's missions, and while some of them had unique ideas, I am still left puzzled by GTA Online's Dark Souls inspired difficulty. The last mission is literally a gaunlet firefight and even at rank 75, I died easy.

This mission opens up at rank 5. This is the exact same problem with Heists: these open up waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early for the player in regards to the AI's difficulty and what your health/armor/weapon unlock system will be.

Striker

One good thing they've allowed for lower ranks is the weapons. Some things are locked out until higher ranks, like the Heavy Sniper, but all you primarily need is the AP Pistol, homing RPG, Bullpup Rifle, and sawed off shotty. Assault Shotgun helps too but I forget its lock rank.

The new pistol they added is like a more powerful AP pistol and you should obviously pick that up, too. And use the armored Kuruma when possible.

Finished Lamar's missions, and while some of them had unique ideas, I am still left puzzled by GTA Online's Dark Souls inspired difficulty. The last mission is literally a gaunlet firefight and even at rank 75, I died easy.

This mission opens up at rank 5. This is the exact same problem with Heists: these open up waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early for the player in regards to the AI's difficulty and what your health/armor/weapon unlock system will be.

Are there many missions? Are there any rewards for finishing all of them?

Is there an active XB1 crew that I could join?

I'd be interested in this too

Same here!

There was one on GAF awhile ago. Not sure how active it is anymore. Could always start a new one.

We had one but it's totally inactive:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/grumpy_armed_felons

Thread is similarly dead:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=940078

I'm on from time to time.

Foffy

Banned
Are there many missions? Are there any rewards for finishing all of them?

Eight missions and they're like the Heists in that you need other players and that anyone dying when the pool of lives is gone is a mission failure.

There's also a mini story with Lamar and the goals he has with the shop, so it's slightly more in depth than the normal contract missions, but it's still absolutely weak compared to the main game.

Is the online community still pretty active on PS4? I bought GTAV on the PS3 and never finished it. I was considering picking it up on the PS4 mainly just to play around online.

Symphonia

Banned
Has anyone else noticed the AI has been more unpredictable since the update? I'm finding they crash in to me more and more since the new DLC dropped.

Lashley

Has anyone else noticed the AI has been more unpredictable since the update? I'm finding they crash in to me more and more since the new DLC dropped.

Oh God, no.

How is it possible that they do this more!? It's what made me sell my PS4 copy originally.

Top Bottom