• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Symphonia

Banned
Oh God, no.

How is it possible that they do this more!? It's what made me sell my PS4 copy originally.
They have.

Exit and I were doing the Pacific Standard bike setup mission, and the dash back to the garage was made nigh-on impossible by the damn AI. Not just cops, but random peds swerving in to us both, knocking us off the bike(s) and failing the mission.

bud23

actual_1445530297.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52520/the-lowriders-event-weekend-this-fri-sun

Striker

My game seemingly reset. Had to recalibrate, update my settings, and now my handbrake is R1 instead of X. Strange since it was fine earlier this afternoon.

The AI is tough as hell in the Lamar missions. They're tougher to bring down it seems.

My game seemingly reset. Had to recalibrate, update my settings, and now my handbrake is R1 instead of X. Strange since it was fine earlier this afternoon.

The AI is tough as hell in the Lamar missions. They're tougher to bring down it seems.
Yeah, this happened to me after the update installed. Hopefully it's a one time thing. I was lucky and had old screen caps of my sensitivity settings.

Next time this happens just quit out of the game and start it up again a few minutes later - you don't ever actually lose your bindings.

You can spot this as a problem if the game asks you to recalibrate your brightness and the like when you start up the game. Still happens to me from time to time.

(At least, that's the usual problem and workaround. I don't know if this new patch changed things further.)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I like how idiots would rather kick me and wait a further 20 minutes for someone else in a heist/mission because I'm on my level 5

So I just bought the PC version on tuesday and I've really wanted to do the lowrider, but I've kind of wanted to run with people who can put up with my newness.

Anyone willing to do that tomorrow evening?

So even with this "Featured Adversary Playlist" you can't get into games with more than 2 other people. It's complete shit. Waiting around for 20 minutes finally get 3 people into an adversary mode. Changing the color of the box to red really makes a big difference...

It's been like this for 2 yers. It's like Rockstar doesn't know at all and is clueless. Do they even play their own game?

Played the new adversary modes, relay race and the blocker & runner race. Pretty fun both of them, nice take on traditional races. F course would be sublime with 8 skilled players who know how to play. My session was still fine

Striker

Sad, but true. You'll have low-level weapons, no armor, crap cars. It just isn't worth the risk, pal. Sorry.
They can buy all the weapons on the right side of the wall in Ammu-nation. So the only one they're really missing out on is the Assault Shotgun. Still can get Bullpup Rifle and the Special Carbine, plus the Homing RPG. Armor is a big deal though. As for cars, all that truly matters in heists is using a Kuruma which they can buy if they've completed the Fleeca heist. I've seen dudes in the 100's who are simply clueles too and cannot drive.

Played the new adversary modes, relay race and the blocker & runner race. Pretty fun both of them, nice take on traditional races. F course would be sublime with 8 skilled players who know how to play. My session was still fine
I played Runner/Blocker yesterday. Pretty fun. But good lord, my driver stunk. No other blockers were hitting him much but he still was rallying so far behind by wrecking into AI cars or spinning out.

So I've been playing GTA V to 100% it and just do everything, and one thing I've wanted to do was Franklin's wildlife photography stuff which I started months ago. Is there any way to go back and get your old text/emails that the game automatically deletes? Or, is there any way to see what you've done and haven't done? Having a hard time remembering. Same goes for Trevor's bail bonds missions... If you haven't done them in a while they're lost, but I was able to use the Social Club website to figure it out basically. Game is flawed in that way that everything is a text/email, and if you haven't done one of those missions in a while you're SOL basically.

how? I'm level 221 on my PS4 character

It was a level 10 mission ffs hahaha, I have armor and a decent enough car
With missions I don't understand why anyone would kick you, but for heists a level 5 is going to struggle big time. It's great that you're level 221 on a different platform, but the other players can't see that. A level 5 would generally be completely unfamiliar with the game mechanics, have nearly no body armour, and most likely has no access to decent weapons or vehicles due to money constraints. Heists just aren't designed for level 5 characters.

Your best bet is to grind Fleeca a bit to level up quickly, or connect a mic and let the other players know as soon as you're in the lobby that this is your second character and you know what you're doing and have access to all of the weapons and vehicles you need. Even then armour is going to be a problem for a couple of the heists.

Lashley

With missions I don't understand why anyone would kick you, but for heists a level 5 is going to struggle big time. It's great that you're level 221 on a different platform, but the other players can't see that. A level 5 would generally be completely unfamiliar with the game mechanics, have nearly no body armour, and most likely has no access to decent weapons or vehicles due to money constraints. Heists just aren't designed for level 5 characters.

Your best bet is to grind Fleeca a bit to level up quickly, or connect a mic and let the other players know as soon as you're in the lobby that this is your second character and you know what you're doing and have access to all of the weapons and vehicles you need. Even then armour is going to be a problem for a couple of the heists.

was lamar missions, doesnt matter anyways now

Lashley

The matchmaking is so FUCKING SHIT

Been on an hour. Lucky if I've played a mission more than 10 minutes. People are fucking stupid and randomly leave too.

I broke down and bought the PC version, I was going to hold off a little longer but, I don't like missing things and I guess it was close enough to my price... I still feel dirty not holding out longer.

Symphonia

Banned
So Exit and I got together with a couple of randoms from our friend lists on PSN and mucked around in free roam and tried out the new 'Slasher' adversary mode. That shit is God-tier in first-person mode, especially on the Humane Lab map.

Symphonia

Banned
I keep getting the "Files required to play GTA Online could not be downloaded from the Rockstar Games Service. Return to Grand Theft Auto V..." message. Anyone else getting it?

Marvie_3

Banned
I had 1 mill saved up so i bought the turismo and the franken stange. The franken is well worth the money, looks good, sounds good and handles pretty well for a muscle car.

Me as well. I usually play the missions everyday, plus i still need to do the heists, wouldn't mind going through them all with the same group to get all the bonuses.
Same here. Ive never been able to get the loyalty bonus one.

I can get a new GAF crew set up tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll post the link in here when its done!

Anyone want to get together for a heist or two tonight on PS4? I need some GTA$ so I can grab some of the Halloween content. I won't be able to play again for several days after tonight.

So Exit and I got together with a couple of randoms from our friend lists on PSN and mucked around in free roam and tried out the new 'Slasher' adversary mode. That shit is God-tier in first-person mode, especially on the Humane Lab map.
Yeah, this was legit god-tier. Humane Labs was so intense I had to quit for a bit after a few rounds. Slasher mode could be a game by itself.

Symphonia

Banned
Anyone want to get together for a heist or two tonight on PS4? I need some GTA$ so I can grab some of the Halloween content. I won't be able to play again for several days after tonight.

Yeah, this was legit god-tier. Humane Labs was so intense I had to quit for a bit after a few rounds. Slasher mode could be a game by itself.
I'm up for some heists, pal, and maybe a few games of Slasher. I will, of course, be recording/streaming using my Elgato.

bud23

actual_1446220062.jpg

TODAY 5pm: THE OFFICIAL ROCKSTAR HALLOWEEN LIVE STREAM WITH WILDCAT, LUI CALIBRE & SWIFTOR
Today at 5pm Eastern, tune in for very special guests WILDCAT, Lui Calibre and Swiftor on Twitch and YouTube joining the Rockstar Broadcast team to play a few rounds of Slasher, get to grips with the new vehicles and show off their favorite Masks from the Halloween Surprise. Expect a few hair raising Races, and some extra bodies filling up the Los Santos graveyard in our Flashlight melee battle.

And for the first time ever, the Rockstar Broadcast Stream GTA Online T-shirt Cannon will be in full effect, firing out exclusive in-game t-shirts to lucky viewers throughout the stream. There are 8 different Halloween t-shirts locked and loaded, and these are available nowhere else. You can only collect one by tuning into to watch and finding out how to win them during the stream.

actual_1446127856.png

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...line-halloween-event-weekend-play-the-slasher

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'll try to log in some for these new items. Also need to try out this Lamar stuff from a couple weeks ago.

So, are there any Neogaf peeps on PS4 still wanting/needing to attempt the All in Order/Loyalty/Criminal Mastermind challenge some time this month? Would be great to get all of them out of the way at last but I can understand CM being daunting. At least with the former 2 challenges the only committment needed is time, but only if people did commit and didn't bail after a day or two. So how 'bout it?

Lashley

Got one of the Halloween cars today. Need the other and the masks before the leave.

Do I need to buy the face paints to keep them too?

So, are there any Neogaf peeps on PS4 still wanting/needing to attempt the All in Order/Loyalty/Criminal Mastermind challenge some time this month? Would be great to get all of them out of the way at last but I can understand CM being daunting. At least with the former 2 challenges the only committment needed is time, but only if people did commit and didn't bail after a day or two. So how 'bout it?
I've been trying to put this together (CM) for months. And yeah, the biggest challenge is time/schedule.

I set aside two days a couple of weeks ago and it was the same old story: Everyone swears they're serious and then that one person is MIA. No messages, no explanation, just doesn't show up. Blows the whole thing.

I'm going to have the place to myself the week before Thanksgiving. I'll be working, but home by 8pm central US time. If those hours work for you, we can get together with another two and run through it over a few days. A few hours at night over 2 or 3 days should be enough.

PSN: Randy_M_Green

Top Bottom