• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

I've been trying to put this together (CM) for months. And yeah, the biggest challenge is time/schedule.

I set aside two days a couple of weeks ago and it was the same old story: Everyone swears they're serious and then that one person is MIA. No messages, no explanation, just doesn't show up. Blows the whole thing.

I'm going to have the place to myself the week before Thanksgiving. I'll be working, but home by 8pm central US time. If those hours work for you, we can get together with another two and run through it over a few days. A few hours at night over 2 or 3 days should be enough.

PSN: Randy_M_Green

Yeah, people not turning up after saying they would is the worst. Essentially the main reason I would never accept those All Heists requests on https://lfh.cxkes.me/. Too risky.

For me there's honestly nothing this month I've got planned, save for going to see Spectre next Wed/Thurs. I can absolutely promise that if anything were to come up I would give a message, but short of being too sick or internet droppage there isn't anything stopping me from attempting CM. Only issue would be arranging time (GMT zone) but my schedule is out of whack a lot of the time. Just another reason why it'd be nice for people to really deliver in turning up on time.

We should also set up some ground rules (Mics only, certain level/weapon loadout, must have completed or researched all setups/finales prior etc.) before going into th challenge proper.

Yeah, people not turning up after saying they would is the worst. Essentially the main reason I would never accept those All Heists requests on https://lfh.cxkes.me/. Too risky.

For me there's honestly nothing this month I've got planned, save for going to see Spectre next Wed/Thurs. I can absolutely promise that if anything were to come up I would give a message, but short of being too sick or internet droppage there isn't anything stopping me from attempting CM. Only issue would be arranging time (GMT zone) but my schedule is out of whack a lot of the time. Just another reason why it'd be nice for people to really deliver in turning up on time.

We should also set up some ground rules (Mics only, certain level/weapon loadout, must have completed or researched all setups/finales prior etc.) before going into th challenge proper.

Ok, we'll pick up two more reliables who can work with our time window and make a go at it in another couple of weeks.

I have a pretty solid list of ground rules that I can post later. It includes requirements such as staying in the Karuma, wearing Heist Armor at all times, and joining a private lobby where the entire team is present.

Played a bunch of the slasher adversary modes nd they were good fun this weekend... easily got into 6 - 8 player games. The meat packing one was great because of the use of fog and light to make it pretty eerie. The boat one wasn't that good... too many dark corners.

While it seems easier for the hunter at first, you realize pretty quickly if 4 or 5 people band together, they can easily take the hunter down with just flashlights.

with 8 people it was pretty awesome. It's a shame that the matchmaking is so bad making this almost impossible on non-event weekends.

I played the first one once and after dying spectated to see someone hiding outside/on top of the map.

Ends up working against them because they still have to kill the Hunter after 3mins. If the full 6 mins expires, then the Hunter wins. But, most people probably dont' care and just don't want to die... and so they make everybody wait 6 minutes of boring staring at a screen, when they could just die, end it quick, and then play again.

MisterHero

Popped on PS3 to see if there was Halloween content. Noooope

Did R* give up on content for last gen? :p

oh well. GTAO is still fun for drive-bys (sp?)

Character details for console must have been slightly updated or enhanced in one of the recent updates. I put my character through a makeover last night and went with the ponytail and an overall look I used a few months ago. I noticed that the 'do' is more detailed now, including little fly-aways. Facial complexion and shadow is a bit softer too.

Ends up working against them because they still have to kill the Hunter after 3mins. If the full 6 mins expires, then the Hunter wins. But, most people probably dont' care and just don't want to die... and so they make everybody wait 6 minutes of boring staring at a screen, when they could just die, end it quick, and then play again.

Nah, he was able to get back in, not sure if he was fully out or not and tried to attack the hunter from behind when they went by, which ended up not working

I haven't been on the PC version of GTAO a lot yet but yeah... That place is more plagued with cheaters/modders/script kiddies than the last gen version ever was, well besides when the DNS exploit was around.

Alright, PS4 GTA GAF. I will probably be available all day this Sunday 11/15. I'm looking for a group to make a serious attempt at the Criminal Mastermind challenge. We will be going long hours to start it off. Whatever we don't finish, we will wrap up in the evening hours during the rest of the week. An early morning session the following Saturday 11/21 may also be possible.

I have a few rules I will discuss with those who are interested.

If you want to join, send me a PM and friend request. PSN Randy_M_Green

bud23

actual_1447436419.jpg

actual_1447436443.png

-Friday the 13th: The Simian
-Saturday the 14th: Vampires On The Beach
-Sunday the 15th: Splatter and Shot

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...e-13th-weekend-bonus-rp-gta-exclusive-t-shirt

On Demand

Banned
Came to ask about the above.

It says the shirts will be in your wardrobe. Where exactly? I don't have a house yet I can go to, is that why?

So Rockstar decided that Participating in a Vehicle Deathmatch was a good idea for my daily challenge (and tomorrow I would have my weekly T_T)

Why nobody plays this mode? Am I going to lose my weekly challenge for this? :(

EDIT: nevermind, I finally did it after waiting like 20 mins on lobby lol

Striker

Rare? I'm not familiar with that.

I bought another vehicle and added it to one of my big apartment garages. It asked me to replace a vehicle, so I did, and I chose the T20 assuming I can get it back by just calling the mechanic. Turns out when I stored it, it erased it completely. Uh, thanks Rockstar?

Just a heads up, but there's a new Adversary Mode up today that's a play on American Football. It's called Running Back.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com...nning-back-adversary-mode-in-gta-online-today

Two teams (a total of 4-8 players) square off from opposing sides of a roadway. The elusive Runner, behind the wheel of a Benefactor Panto, must go the distance and get across the end zone line at the far end of the highway with the help of their offensive teammates in BF Biftas. Meanwhile, their defensive-minded opponents (also in Biftas) must ruthlessly block, crash and pummel their way to try to stop them.

Also, GameStop has a pre-Black Friday sale going on which includes a free $500,000 shark card when you buy a $1.25m card.

This game is deader than Ermacs crusty ass toenail clippings, it won't even let me sign in anymore. Servers farted i think? Damn, I wanted to piant muh cars!

Mastah

Holy shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_S2Eb4Jw88

Become a VIP and create your own criminal organization in the latest addition to Grand Theft Auto Online, Executives and Other Criminals. Featuring all new gameplay modes and opportunities for luxury living, Executives and Other Criminals also includes new customizable apartments, stilt houses in the Vinewood Hills and the ultimate in executive excess: the extravagant, fully staffed and upgradeable Super Yacht.

VIP’s who run their own operation gain access to new co-op Jobs, challenges and special abilities in Freemode, as well as having the power to hire and fire other players for their team of bodyguards. Meanwhile, Bodyguards earn a regular paycheck and their own special benefits including RP, GTA$, and stat boosts for working for a VIP’s organization.

Organizations can go head to head in Freemode, with new missions that make full use of the latest executive defense options including new armored vehicle variants, the devastating Turreted Limo and the missile defense systems of the Super Yacht, which also comes with its own suite of supporting vehicle upgrades including the new SuperVolito Carbon helicopter and personal watercraft.

Some existing Freemode Events will automatically adapt when played by organizations, allowing for new ways to take on King of The Castle, Moving Target and more. Also included is the new Extraction Adversary Mode, tasking teams of Bodyguards to search, locate and safely extract an Executive from their downed jet before a Hit Squad intercepts and eliminates the target.

Executives and Other Criminals also brings fresh choices in executive transport and protection with new weapons, new vehicles and much more. Check back to the Rockstar Newswire for full details and download the free update Dec 15 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...nt=newswirepost&utm_campaign=gtaoeoc-12102015

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Can't even be arsed to grind $50 million or whatever stupid amount they choose for that yacht.

mkenyon

Banned
Is this thread good for PC folks as well?

I ask, because Im curious if the cheater issue is still a big thing, with the proposed update.

That sounds pretty good! It might actually change the way people approach the game.

Yeah casual people stop playing because it will all be ludicrously over priced.

At this point everything should be affordable to get people back on the game. For me personally who has a track record of buying shark cards I don't feel compelled to break the bank on something I'm just not that interested in anymore.

Sure heists brought a higher pay grade so if you are willing to put in the work you can get paid or just glitch millions but yeah where does that leave the casuals and past millionaires with outdated super cars?

Yeah casual people stop playing because it will all be ludicrously over priced.

At this point everything should be affordable to get people back on the game. For me personally who has a track record of buying shark cards I don't feel compelled to break the bank on something I'm just not that interested in anymore.

Sure heists brought a higher pay grade so if you are willing to put in the work you can get paid or just glitch millions but yeah where does that leave the casuals and past millionaires with outdated super cars?
It leaves them with exactly what they had prior to the DLC, but with more gameplay options and new revenue streams?

I've never bought a Shark card and never will. If they price the vehicles ridiculously I won't buy them. Same goes for the houses/yacht. TBH there aren't really any vehicles that interested me that I was saving up for anyway though. I've got the Hydra/Savage/Valkyrie/Buzzard for aircraft. I have the Zentorno and Kuruma as my car workhorses, along with fully modded cars in each racing category, Insurgent, and the Cusco which I just like driving around in.

I never bought a T20 because I didn't feel the need. Same goes for the lowriders. It's the same way I'll approach this new stuff: if it looks good/fun, then I'll save up and buy it at my own pace. Otherwise I won't worry about it. I still enjoy doing all of the Heists and Dailies so money just comes in (gradually) as I play the game.

When I talked about how people approach the game, I was referring to organisations and bodyguards. Crews don't really have much impact in the game at the moment.

Archon473

I am playing this game on PS4 hooked to my ASUS monitor. The overall volume for the game is super low. I have music and sound effects volume at max, dialogue boosted, and I have to put my monitor volume at 100%. For every other game, my monitor set at 65% is movie theater-quality loud. So overall, the entire volume of the game is too low. Additionally, the radio volume is mixed especially low. I played the PS3 version on a Toshiba CRT and everything sounded great. I tried switching the audio settings from TV to stereo but noticed no difference. I do not know if the game audio was mixed with a speaker system in mind but this should not matter. The mix for Destiny is incredible and other games like Watch Dogs that have a variety of sound sources (effects, dialogue, and radio) sound A-Okay. This is the first game on any console to give me problems which is disappointing as audio is critical for the experience of GTA.

Kind of excited for new DLC. Been missing this game. Still have loads of footage I've yet to get around to editing into some montages of goodness. We did, however, make our first Grand Theft Infinite episode captured entirely from Rockstar Editor replays! Slow motion, normal motion, weird / cinematic angles. Had a lot of fun making it.

Grand Theft Infinite - Mayhem in Motion

Thanks to ExitPlanetDust for inspiring me to try out the editor a few months back!

I wish I didn't buy those stupid Halloween cars. Granted the reason I bought them was to get rid of money a modder rained on me but still...

Mastah

Update is out and it's glorious.

Changes have been made to matchmaking to help players find an active Job. Changes include:

A new option, Filter Quick Job Content, has been added to the Online pause menu. Players can choose to filter by: Any, Rockstar Created Only and User Created Only content when launching via Quick Jobs.

An Alert screen that appears if the player has selected a specific Job or Job type that doesn’t have any active sessions. The player can choose to host that Job or search for any Job in that type or any Job.

Players choosing to Host the Job instead of widening the search will be separated from the general matchmaking. Only other players who have specifically chosen that Job, accepted an invite to that Job, or joined a player already on the Job will join the lobby. This does not occur if the Job was selected from the Next Job Vote Screen.

https://support.rockstargames.com/h...GTAV-Title-Update-1-31-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One-PC-

Yes, yes, yes! And matchmaking is really super quick now, I got results within 20 seconds.

I am playing this game on PS4 hooked to my ASUS monitor. The overall volume for the game is super low. I have music and sound effects volume at max, dialogue boosted, and I have to put my monitor volume at 100%. For every other game, my monitor set at 65% is movie theater-quality loud. So overall, the entire volume of the game is too low. Additionally, the radio volume is mixed especially low. I played the PS3 version on a Toshiba CRT and everything sounded great. I tried switching the audio settings from TV to stereo but noticed no difference. I do not know if the game audio was mixed with a speaker system in mind but this should not matter. The mix for Destiny is incredible and other games like Watch Dogs that have a variety of sound sources (effects, dialogue, and radio) sound A-Okay. This is the first game on any console to give me problems which is disappointing as audio is critical for the experience of GTA.

Did you check the to see how the sound settings are, not the volume settings, but if it's trying to pump out surround sound volume or anything? I remember there being a surround sound setting in GTA V:

CAEX7BBUwAEdlze.jpg

If you change this to headphones or one of the other settings, it may help. There's a chance the game could think you've got a surround sound setup and it's trying to use all of the channels or something, whn there's really only 2.

Update is out and it's glorious.

Yes, yes, yes! And matchmaking is really super quick now, I got results within 20 seconds.

Shit this might actually change a lot for me ... If I can reliaby get into game modes with other people then it'll mean you can actually play organized modes. Now hopefully we can get into organized modes with our friends too...?

A base price of eight million for the best yacht isn't too bad though buying that and customizing it would break me for the first time in a long time.

MisterNoisy

Is this thread good for PC folks as well?

I ask, because Im curious if the cheater issue is still a big thing, with the proposed update.

I haven't run into a whole lot that I'm aware of. Mostly I just daisy chain missions/heists and dork around, though.

New update is alright - I don't have enough cash socked away to buy a yacht yet, but I did pick up one of the hillside houses.

Matchmaking seems better/faster lately.

Top Bottom