• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Marvie_3

Banned
Really wish theyd fix it so you dont have to leave and rejoin a lobby if the heist/mission/etc youre trying to join is full.

If anyone is playng on xbox one, feel free to add me. GT: Marvie03

Banglish

Really wish theyd fix it so you dont have to leave and rejoin a lobby if the heist/mission/etc youre trying to join is full.

If anyone is playng on xbox one, feel free to add me. GT: Marvie03

Ill add ya, I'm Banglish. I agree, there are some quarks about online they need to iron out.
Anyone else can add me also, cause I need monay.

Tawpgun

Get good imo

I personally love the snow. Think it looks fantastic and racing in it is fun.

Anyway, I'm having a tough time finding populated lobbies today. Had no issues all break. I found one with 6 people in it and now when I do find new session I get put in solo free roams.

Marvie_3

Banned
Get good imo

I personally love the snow. Think it looks fantastic and racing in it is fun.

Anyway, I'm having a tough time finding populated lobbies today. Had no issues all break. I found one with 6 people in it and now when I do find new session I get put in solo free roams.
This. I had a blast with the snow.

Had a blast playing some adversary modes tonight. Managed to host 8 player adversary games for the better part of 2 hours with a friend and 6 randoms. Started with the Running Back one which is so hilarious, and then switched to the one that is a recreation of "Speed." We played that for a solid hour or so straight and it was great... especially because nobody quit, nobody new joined, and we had great close games. Tons of hilarious moments too.

When GTAO Works online it's a thing of art, but it just so rarely works.

In running back, pinned a guy into these structures on the bridge and just flipped him off for 60 seconds:

d1YgKDe.png

Should be from Christmas Eve to New Years day, just make it a week and a bit. Christmas is such a busy time it sucks they make it so short.

I think it's smart to do the days before Christmas & Christmas day, then end it... Because anybody who gets the game for Christmas and thinks that it's normally like that might be disappointed.

Or, have it be like how rain and weather cycle normally is, and it's server-by-server and only temporary. I woudln't mind if one room had snow and then I joined another and it was sunny/nice weather.

Tawpgun

Had a blast playing some adversary modes tonight. Managed to host 8 player adversary games for the better part of 2 hours with a friend and 6 randoms. Started with the Running Back one which is so hilarious, and then switched to the one that is a recreation of "Speed." We played that for a solid hour or so straight and it was great... especially because nobody quit, nobody new joined, and we had great close games. Tons of hilarious moments too.

When GTAO Works online it's a thing of art, but it just so rarely works.

In running back, pinned a guy into these structures on the bridge and just flipped him off for 60 seconds:

d1YgKDe.png

I think it's smart to do the days before Christmas & Christmas day, then end it... Because anybody who gets the game for Christmas and thinks that it's normally like that might be disappointed.

Or, have it be like how rain and weather cycle normally is, and it's server-by-server and only temporary. I woudln't mind if one room had snow and then I joined another and it was sunny/nice weather.
What platform do you play on? I've always wanted to do more adversary modes.

Ugh I wish more people would do the VIP stuff. Finding a lobby with a VIP in it is rare enough. Then even the ones that do have one never do the fun PvP work

Hello friends, quick question about moving characters between consoles

I bought this game originally on the 360 then transferred my online character to the PC earlier this year. Now my best friends are getting this game on the XboxOne, and I want to play with them there. So is there any way to get my character from either the 360 or the PC to the XboxOne? I'm pretty sure I can't since I already did a transfer once to PC, but just thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Tigress

Hello friends, quick question about moving characters between consoles

I bought this game originally on the 360 then transferred my online character to the PC earlier this year. Now my best friends are getting this game on the XboxOne, and I want to play with them there. So is there any way to get my character from either the 360 or the PC to the XboxOne? I'm pretty sure I can't since I already did a transfer once to PC, but just thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Sadly if you were going from xbox one to PC yes, but I think you can't do the reverse.

What platform do you play on? I've always wanted to do more adversary modes.

Ugh I wish more people would do the VIP stuff. Finding a lobby with a VIP in it is rare enough. Then even the ones that do have one never do the fun PvP work

On Xbox One, PM me if you're on there and I'll give you my XBL name
oh assuming XBL from your previous post, I'll send it

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Man, I love me some snow, driving in the snow, flying in the snow, getting blown up coming out of a clothes store after buying a new hat in the snow, always a good time. I can see why people don't like it and wouldn't want it for longer, just a shame it's only for a few days a year. Though I can't help but wonder what they will have in store for us when we eventually get a new GTA, considering how long it takes them I wonder if we will even get another GTA this generation.

Is there a reason Rockstar don't like us having too much fun? The Cargobob doesn't seem to lift stuff as well, we had a good laugh a few months ago flying tanks around, and now there's another model that doesn't seem to have the grapple, why bother? And then there was them patching the Titan ages ago so you couldn't open it anymore, and the lack of the other larger planes. Seems like they want to control the enjoyment and how we have it much more than they used to these days.

Banglish

Man, I love me some snow, driving in the snow, flying in the snow, getting blown up coming out of a clothes store after buying a new hat in the snow, always a good time. I can see why people don't like it and wouldn't want it for longer, just a shame it's only for a few days a year. Though I can't help but wonder what they will have in store for us when we eventually get a new GTA, considering how long it takes them I wonder if we will even get another GTA this generation.

Is there a reason Rockstar don't like us having too much fun? The Cargobob doesn't seem to lift stuff as well, we had a good laugh a few months ago flying tanks around, and now there's another model that doesn't seem to have the grapple, why bother? And then there was them patching the Titan ages ago so you couldn't open it anymore, and the lack of the other larger planes. Seems like they want to control the enjoyment and how we have it much more than they used to these days.

It would be nice if they incorporated snowmobiles or the ability to purchase snow tires. Just something to make it not suck driving in.

I love the snow, it makes the world beautifull, especially at night. As for driving, I mostly use a bike, namely the Akuma, works great for driving in snow or the Kuruma, but if you're a born driver, any vehicle will do.

Man playing in the snow gets tiresome after the initial allure wears off. Most of the driving modes just don't work with it... and it's too bad when it's just grey all the time. Hoping it's off after tongiht.

Also... played against some guy who was an absolute beast. Ridiculous kills every second.

He killed me 25 times to 8 times, and really it should have been 25 - 1 or 2, but I got some lucky kills on him in some modes:

He pulled ridiculous shots like this all ngiht:

http://i.imgur.com/EyERuLy.gifv

Did this Roll -> Headshot move over and over that was untouchable. He beasted on us for hours.

Setsuna

Log onto GTA to drive around in my race car. Car randomly blows up "You committed suicide". Characters goes into a cycle of spawn, float, suicide, repeat with no way to access menus

Well that's enough gta till the next update

Man playing in the snow gets tiresome after the initial allure wears off. Most of the driving modes just don't work with it... and it's too bad when it's just grey all the time. Hoping it's off after tongiht.

Also... played against some guy who was an absolute beast. Ridiculous kills every second.

He killed me 25 times to 8 times, and really it should have been 25 - 1 or 2, but I got some lucky kills on him in some modes:

He pulled ridiculous shots like this all ngiht:

http://i.imgur.com/EyERuLy.gifv

Did this Roll -> Headshot move over and over that was untouchable. He beasted on us for hours.
Some of these guys... Biforce, some other friends, and myself ran into a guy like this in free mode about a week ago. We were setting up to play VIP missions and he rolls up out of nowhere. Headshot after headshot, impossible distances, using terrain and buildings to stay out of sight. Walked over our group like we were nothing. As soon as we would close in on him he would take the easy way out to reset his position. We would try to leave him behind but he would shadow us and start killing again. Eventually we had to start a private lobby.

Tawpgun

I've ran into some of those people before.

Began with him just inceccesantly mowing me down in a Jet. Fucking Lock on rockets do jack shit to jets as they are easy to dodge.

I tell him he probably can't do shit on the ground.

oops.

He was really good on the ground also. Got a few kills on him sometimes but overall I got merc'd. And I consider myself pretty good on the ground in this game.

This was some shit though. I got a lock on, and being in a helicopter I knew I couldn't dodge it so I should try to outrun it. I normally bail but I actually stole this helicopter from some rich yacht owning dude while he was shopping for clothes haha. I check to see if the missle is close behind me. If you look closely its pretty far off still but I still blow up? C'mon game...

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Tawpgun/video/13617156

Hate lock on rockets

Happened to me too. A friend and I were prepping for some grief in the Savage. Dude fires a lock on, but I dove and used a building for cover. Missile explodes 5 stories up. GTA decides we were still there, BOOM. Fuuuck I wish some of the choppers had anti lock-on flares.

Some of these guys... Biforce, some other friends, and myself ran into a guy like this in free mode about a week ago. We were setting up to play VIP missions and he rolls up out of nowhere. Headshot after headshot, impossible distances, using terrain and buildings to stay out of sight. Walked over our group like we were nothing. As soon as we would close in on him he would take the easy way out to reset his position. We would try to leave him behind but he would shadow us and start killing again. Eventually we had to start a private lobby.

Yep...

Getting wrecked again

This was one of his other ~30 kills on me in a single server/night (insane).

I actually still had fun as he WRECKED the whole server with one or two of his VIP buddies. THe server had like 15 people at first then eventually just emptied out as they went ham on everybody. THey still kept hosting VIP challenges though which opened it up and made it fun even though they completely wrecked everyone. The final king of the hill was the most destruction. Him popping out of cover nailing my buddy with a rocket, then popping back in and out and nailing me with a rocket.. dead on shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkt3nL3QpII

Just got this game right before christmas. The online UI and load times are horrible. I've finally gotten the hang of it though with playing a little single player then just used the down arrow and jumping into online. Figured out how to join in on Hiest games with a friend but if you dont have four friends to play with, it becomes tedious. We had 1 random that was always the person messing up the full mission. I'll add you guys in hopes I can actually complete one of those missions.

There are a lot of fun missions to do with 2 people. Go to Start -> Online -> Host Jobs -> and find the jobs against the CPU from NPCs... they're mostly for 2 - 6 players, generally 2 - 4, and there's a lot of good ones. You don't need to do the heists to make a lot ofmoney and play co-op/

There are a lot of fun missions to do with 2 people. Go to Start -> Online -> Host Jobs -> and find the jobs against the CPU from NPCs... they're mostly for 2 - 6 players, generally 2 - 4, and there's a lot of good ones. You don't need to do the heists to make a lot ofmoney and play co-op/
I might be in the minority, but I find nearly all of the normal contact missions pretty dull. The heists is where it's at for me.

Tawpgun

I get lock on rockets can prevent griefing but they aren't implemented well.

Helicopters its actually possible to snipe or rocket people down. Hell enough sustained fire and they go down. A lock on rocket will almost ALWAYS kill a helo.

Jets on the other hand... lock on rockets do jack shit, and its almost impossible to snipe people out. If the jet is damaged enough its super easy to just fly away and get a new one.

And with lock on rockets having no level requirement. EEEEVVVEERRRYYYOONNNEEE has one. I don't even need to be competing with anyone for a free roam event, I don't need to be in a war with someone. I can just be flying somewhere minding my own business and some asshole can just lock on and force me to bail or kill me

Albatross, I'd probably get out of 1st person if I was you. Much easier to aim and kill in 3rd.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I get lock on rockets can prevent griefing but they aren't implemented well.

Helicopters its actually possible to snipe or rocket people down. Hell enough sustained fire and they go down. A lock on rocket will almost ALWAYS kill a helo.

Jets on the other hand... lock on rockets do jack shit, and its almost impossible to snipe people out. If the jet is damaged enough its super easy to just fly away and get a new one.

And with lock on rockets having no level requirement. EEEEVVVEERRRYYYOONNNEEE has one. I don't even need to be competing with anyone for a free roam event, I don't need to be in a war with someone. I can just be flying somewhere minding my own business and some asshole can just lock on and force me to bail or kill me

Albatross, I'd probably get out of 1st person if I was you. Much easier to aim and kill in 3rd.

The homing launcher really ruined the fun of Helicopters, they've just become flying death boxes thanks to how easy they go down, their apparent balance of the weapon really didn't do anything. They need to throw in some sort of flare countermeasure for helicopters or something, I used to love flying round picking up friends and doing something random but now anyone can just blow you out of the sky with barely any warning.

I would actually be fine with the weapon just not existing, it's made a class of vehicles pointless, the best and most annoying planes just shrug the missiles off, and it's just made destroying other vehicles too easy

Top Bottom