• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Honey Bunny

I feel a bit stupid spending all my money on my slowest car but the Warrener is too nice. And someone on the mission always has an armoured Kuruma anyway.

If randoms were mostly successful I would do it more often.
It can't really be done with randoms, unless everyone is mic'd (and speaks the same language). If I don't have at least two friends on I generally won't even bother - you can generally get away with one unmic'd random but any more than that and you're pushing your luck.

bud23

Here's the schedule as follows:

-Friday Feb 19: Double GTA$ & RP on all of Simeon's Contact Missions plus Double GTA$ on Simeon's Import/Export requests

-Saturday Feb 20: Double GTA$ & RP on all of Ron's Contact Missions plus 50% off all Blazers

-Sunday Feb 21: Double GTA$ & RP on all of Trevor's Contact Missions plus 50% off Jerry Cans

-Monday Feb 22: Double GTA$ & RP on all of Martin's Contact Missions plus 10% off Stilt Houses

-Tuesday Feb 23: Double GTA$ & RP on all of Lester's Contact Missions plus 25% off Lester Services

-Wednesday Feb 24: Double GTA$ & RP on all of Gerald's Contact Missions plus 50% off Micro SMGs and Machine Pistols

-Thursday: Double GTA$ & RP on all Contact Missions in GTA Online
AMMO & ARMOR DISCOUNTS ALL WEEK

To keep you properly equipped for a week of fast wheels and deadly deals, Ammu-Nation is kindly slashing its prices on select items right now all the way through Thursday Feb 25th. Lock and load with discounts on the following:

Rifle Ammo - 50%
Body Armor - 50%
Grenades - 25%
Sticky Bombs - 25%

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...s-in-high-places-week-double-gta-rp-in-select

Cracklox

Some questions gaf.

I played this on ps3 at release, and promptly spent a few hundred hours in online. I think I was level 95 or something when I stopped. Even with all the issues back then, the game is still responsible for some some of my best and funniest gaming moments in 30 odd years of gaming. Passive mode trolling was way too fun! Also anyone who hasn't met a random (who doesn't shoot u on site) and shown them the joys of rooftop pool diving in the hills hasn't lived
in gta online at least

Anyway played the division beta over the weekend and a strange thing happened during my overall unenjoyment of that. It sort of made me think it was similarish to gta:eek:, just nowhere near as fun, and the only thing to really do was SHOOT ALL THE THINGS!!! So started thinking about this again and the fact that heists were finally added along with whatever else has been done and it's got me thinking I may need to jump back in.

So about those questions.

- I would assume most of the hacking and cheating is under control? The 1st few monthes, rockstar basically spent all their time combating that and weren't able to add a lot of content. I assume new content is at least semi-regular now?

- is open world still full of people who just make a b line for the nearest white dot and try to gun it down? 98% of my time in free roam was spent in passive mode trolling those sorts of players so it wasn't all bad, just got a tad exhausting, particularly if I got caught in the desert or somewhere without plenty of stuff to climb on. It'd be good if more players were willing to engage in some random wackiness though, and not be so trigger happy

- outside of heists could someone give an idea on other major things that might have been added or changed in the last, I guess it's been 2 years now. Or a link to something highlighting as such?

- is my ps3 character transferable to ps4? Not sure I'd be too keen to start over

- the consensus on the heists seems good? After all the initial hype and then delays, I thought there was no way they could live up to it. I think I stuck my head in this thread when they were released, and it seemed pretty positive. Still the case I hope?

Anyways, thanks to anyone who can answer

Some questions gaf.

So about those questions.

- I would assume most of the hacking and cheating is under control? The 1st few monthes, rockstar basically spent all their time combating that and weren't able to add a lot of content. I assume new content is at least semi-regular now?

Pretty much

- is open world still full of people who just make a b line for the nearest white dot and try to gun it down? 98% of my time in free roam was spent in passive mode trolling those sorts of players so it wasn't all bad, just got a tad exhausting, particularly if I got caught in the desert or somewhere without plenty of stuff to climb on. It'd be good if more players were willing to engage in some random wackiness though, and not be so trigger happy

Depends on the lobbies you're in. Assisted Aim Lobbies tend to be more wild west(and generally more populated) than Free Aim Lobbies are. Still don't trust anyone though

- outside of heists could someone give an idea on other major things that might have been added or changed in the last, I guess it's been 2 years now. Or a link to something highlighting as such?

The Bottom of the first post in this thread has a list of every major patch in the game

- is my ps3 character transferable to ps4? Not sure I'd be too keen to start over

Yup just gotta attach your Rockstar account

- the consensus on the heists seems good? After all the initial hype and then delays, I thought there was no way they could live up to it. I think I stuck my head in this thread when they were released, and it seemed pretty positive. Still the case I hope?

The heists are pretty much the best ways to get money sans Events and such. They're fun with groups of people that you know however and they do require some form of coordination aka don't play with randoms

Anyways, thanks to anyone who can answer

there ya go :)

Yeah, current gen from at least what I understand is relatively cheater free, helps that neither console has been cracked yet to open the door to those sorts. PC is an unsurprising different story.

bud23

New Adversary Mode; Rhino Hunt

actual_1456482823.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52580/rhino-hunt-new-adversary-mode-in-gta-online

And Bonus GTA$, RP and Discounts

actual_1456500283.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...week-bonus-gta-rp-and-discounts-in-gta-online

Mastah

GTA Online Lowriders: Custom Classics Now Available

Expand your Lowrider collection today with new stock from Benny’s Original Motor Works as part of GTA Online Lowriders: Custom Classics for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Check out two more upgradeable muscle cars, the Vapid Slamvan and the brand new Dundreary Virgo Classic. And if that's not enough, Benny is revisiting one of his favorite rides, the Willard Faction, to offer a new upgrade style that will have you towering over others in your very own Custom Donk.

Whether rapid fire or stopping power is your preference, you’ll find new weapons to suit your needs down at Ammu-Nation. The Compact Rifle provides a new option for running-and-gunning and with the Double Barrel Shotgun, twice the barrels means twice the carnage.

Update your wardrobe with a host of new clothing options that will have you looking fresh at your next car meet. From lowrider street apparel to workwear, there are plenty of new looks to try out. 16 new tattoo designs are also available at parlors across Los Santos, or try one of three fresh new hairstyles for each gender to keep up with the latest trends.

Smash, bash, and dodge the competition in the new Sumo Adversary Mode that has you working (either alone or in teams) to force the opposition out of the designated arena. Whether it's size, speed, or control - choose a vehicle that suits your style and be the last team remaining in the arena before the clock runs out to win.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...wswire&utm_campaign=gtao-lowriderscc-03152016

actual_1458040568.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
Cool. Another adversary mode that I dont want to play and have to get notifications about every 4 seconds. I would love it if I could just block Martin's calls.

Tawpgun

Cool. Another adversary mode that I dont want to play and have to get notifications about every 4 seconds. I would love it if I could just block Martin's calls.

More like, cool and adversary mode that I really want to play but online infrastructure in the game is a colossal mess that Rockstar has no plans on addressing so I will never get any decently sized lobbies to play it on any consistent level!

Logged in long enough to buy the new guns and check out some of the new clothes and hair-styles.

The double-barrel shotgun fires one round after the other: "ba-bang, clear, reload". There is no way to fire a single barrel or both at the same time (that we found). I think it might be the most powerful shotgun in the game. It will hamburger anyone at close range, body armor or not. I didn't try using it on a bike.

The new assault rifle appears to be modeled after the AKS-74U. While not very accurate, I think this is now the most powerful assault rifle in the game. It joins the list of guns that appear to be rather useful, until you realize there are better weapons in a different class.

All clothing options seem to be unlocked for current gen now.

Driving physics have been messed with again. Driving is even more arcade-like. Cars are much more stable over slightly uneven pavement. Spinouts and accidental 180s are less frequent. We got the Banshee 900r to ridiculous speeds in the downtown area without much trouble. The Zentorno and possibly other super cars now bottom out easier on curbs.

Frame rate (PS4 version) is more stable. The fan on my PS4 was quieter than in the last couple of updates.

Striker

I played Sumo (two full games, 3 rounds each, 4 vs 4) and enjoyed it (at least the one on the island). It's probably one of the few Adversary modes I do enjoy, others being Drop Zone and Offense Defense.

DireStr8s

Jumped in for a bit to check out the shorter load times(Ps4). Can't say I noticed a difference. Also, maybe it's just me, but has the IQ gotten even worse? Aliasing so bad the entire screen is crawling with shimmers.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Hope someone can share some advice.

Looking at buying GTAV digitally this week during the Xbox sales.

Do I need this in game money? The base game is at the price I want to pay, but there is an option $8 more expensive that comes with 1.25 million dollars.

Is it easy to get that first million?
Or do I fork over the real world money for GTA money?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Hope someone can share some advice.

Looking at buying GTAV digitally this week during the Xbox sales.

Do I need this in game money? The base game is at the price I want to pay, but there is an option more expensive that comes with 1.25 million dollars.

Is it easy to get that first million?
Or do I fork over the real world money for GTA money?

its easy just play heists

the matchmaking is total trash though, as are their servers and loading times

It's a shame that all Rockstar has done for GTA Online for the last few months is just put out silly exclusive car designs that are sold at ridiculously high prices.

It's a shame that all Rockstar has done for GTA Online for the last few months is just put out silly exclusive car designs that are sold at ridiculously high prices.
To be fair, the vehicle modelling is amazing. I had a buddy show me the interior of his custom Sultan RS, and it looked phenomenal. Also the Sumo game mode is actually a lot of fun (definitely check it out), and the latest weapons (Compact Rifle and Double-Barrelled Shotgun) were very cool too.

Changing subject, what would you guys like to see changed in GTA Online? I'm sure more things will come to me, but there are two things I'd really like to see:
  • A way to set your default in-vehicle weapon. I like to use the AP Pistol, but the default is always the Micro SMG. That means that the first thing I have to do whever I get into a vehicle - something that I do a lot in Grand Theft Auto - is swipe furiously across on the trackpad, generally while dangerously swerving through oncoming traffic.
  • Daily Objectives that match up with the matchmaking systems. Either change the daily objectives, or change the matchmaking systems, in order to make that happen. The daily objectives are a great idea, and the first things I generally see to when I jump on. They're a good way of throwing players into modes that otherwise might not get much love, so that others can play them. The issue is when there's no easy way to start matchmaking for what a daily objective requires. If you just need to do a Survival as your daily objective, it's easy: you just select Quick Job on your phone and select Survival, and matchmaking for Survival will start. Perfect. The issue is when (for example) you need to do a Capture Contend. There's no way to do a Quick Job start for a Capture Contend - the best you can do is select Quick Job and Capture, which could start you on any of the four different Capture modes. The only way to actually start a Capture Contend is to select a single specific Capture Contend mission, and start that. If nobody else is playing that exact mission, then there is literally no way to just see what other Capture Contends missions might be in progress. WTF. Your only options at that point are to host that exact Capture Contend mission yourself, or to just look for a generic Capture (which, again, could be any one of four different Capture modes, three of which won't count for your daily objective). It's completely retarded.

MicSte79

Neo Member
This has SO much potential but is let down by the god awful load times (on PS4 anyway).

My brother wanted to get into this so I bought it for him last week and we spent a lot of the weekend on it. He isn't impressed - we spent most of the time hovering above the city waiting for it to be load or getting kicked from lobbies for absolutely no reason.

I am thinking of trading it now because I just can't put up with how shoddy the servers are.

gwailo

Banned
I've found load times to be better if I let the single player mode start up and then go into online.

But, yeah, for a game this old, the infrastructure is still kinda horseshit. As long as Rockstar is still selling copies of the game and Shark cards, why bother fixing anything?

MicSte79

Neo Member
Very true.

A friend has just told me that it's best to load up a 'private session' if I co-opping with my brother so we will try that next time we boot it up.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Very true.

A friend has just told me that it's best to load up a 'private session' if I co-opping with my brother so we will try that next time we boot it up.
Yep, can only boot into a private lobby through single player if I remember right

Do suspension modifications (ride height) actually affect the handling characteristics of the car, or are they purely visual? I'm trying to optimise my Kuruma setup at the moment and trying to figure out the best suspension and tyre/wheel setup.

Yep, can only boot into a private lobby through single player if I remember right
You can load the creator from the online menu in a public session. Press start/options on your controller select the creator from the online menu. Once the creator finishes loading hit options/start on your controller, navigate over to the online menu and choose the option to play online. You will have the option to start friends only and invite only sessions as if you were starting up from offline. You can stay online indefinitely with this method and loading in and out of lobbies and the creator is relatively quick.

Edit: Here, I just made a video.

Do suspension modifications (ride height) actually affect the handling characteristics of the car, or are they purely visual? I'm trying to optimise my Kuruma setup at the moment and trying to figure out the best suspension and tyre/wheel setup.
While ride height can affect the ability to go over curbs in some vehicles, it's generally best to slam everything as low as it can go.

Yes and no. They can change the handling characteristics of certain cars, but not in the way you would think. Broughy explains it best in this video. For the majority of cars, it doesn't matter what kind of wheels you use.
That was very interesting and helpful, much appreciated.

There's no way I'm putting off-road wheels on my T20 or Zentorno though :)

Top Bottom