• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
You can load the creator from the online menu in a public session. Press start/options on your controller select the creator from the online menu. Once the creator finishes loading hit options/start on your controller, navigate over to the online menu and choose the option to play online. You will have the option to start friends only and invite only sessions as if you were starting up from offline. You can stay online indefinitely with this method and loading in and out of lobbies and the creator is relatively quick.

Edit: Here, I just made a video.

Thanks!

Mastah

actual_1460055415.jpg

actual_1460040264.jpg

actual_1459987229.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...-by-inch-mode-vapid-minivan-coming-april-12th

Yeah I can't be the only one who's completely lost interest in the online portion of the game.

Yeah, I kind of regret buying the PC version last year even though it was like $30 at the time that I did, I played the hell out of the last gen version and have barely played since.

Can someone explain how the win/loss works sometimes?

I've played LTS a lot recently and I can't figure out why some teams win and why some lose when theres one person left on each team.

I've been on a team with 4 people and 1 person is alive and lose to a 5 person team with only one person left.

I'd imagine that 1/4>1/5 so what gives?
Is there another scoring system based upon kills or something?

I've been doing some crazy stuff with older and newer action recordings and Rockstar Editor. I'm really happy with how good some of it came out and will be recording the playback with my Elgato soon.

ExitPlanetDust is to blame for the inspiration :)

Just started playing this online. What's the fastest way to level up or get cash outside of micro transactions?
Fastest way to get cash is the Pacific Standard heist - easy with friends, tricky with randoms.

Fastest way to get RP I'm less sure of, but I suspect heists and the current double RP playlists are the way to go.

Just started playing this online. What's the fastest way to level up or get cash outside of micro transactions?
Nonstop contact missions will probably net you xp the fastest if you need to level up. You can end up with a decent cash flow this way too. Keep in mind that you will need to meet a minimum level requirement before you can start some contact missions. Your level does not prevent you from joining a higher level requirement mission that another player has started however. Watch my quick tutorial on how to launch specific missions at will (once you have unlocked them).

The fastest way to earn money is still the Pac Standard heist. With a capable team you can knock it out in about an hour and pull in over a quarter of a mil.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I need to hook up with some GAFers to do that Pacific Standard heist. I've tried a bunch of times with randoms, but it invariably goes to crap on the motorcycle part, if not sooner. I've never completed it, so I'm still waiting for my million dollar payday for first completion.

I was checking out my stats earlier and saw that I am somehow ranked 6th in GAF crew on RP. Out of 1,000 members. Not sure how to feel about that. If I had been in the crew the whole time I'd be first.

Gobbly

Banned
I need to hook up with some GAFers to do that Pacific Standard heist. I've tried a bunch of times with randoms, but it invariably goes to crap on the motorcycle part, if not sooner. I've never completed it, so I'm still waiting for my million dollar payday for first completion.

I was checking out my stats earlier and saw that I am somehow ranked 6th in GAF crew on RP. Out of 1,000 members. Not sure how to feel about that. If I had been in the crew the whole time I'd be first.
Are you on PS4?

How far into it are you? I can play tomorrow when I get off work. I have one or two other reliables who would be happy to help.

GTA Servers are still down after their five hour maintenance window (which ended about 10 minutes ago). Whatever they're doing it must be pretty major.

Ted

As far as hosting the heists goes, I am still on the first one.

Might also be up for this (PS4), do you have an idea of when?

Been a long time since I played so will need to refresh myself on the controls and make sure my char is still there (and download a bunch of updates no doubt).

If EPD has a group though don't worry. Probably need to do some solo missions before being competent again anyway!

Ted

Yeah, bit late for me, that's like 2 am UK.

Good luck guys, hope you have a good run. Don't shoot the hostages (or draw a giant phallus on the wall in bullet holes and accidentally kill the hostages in the name of art). :)

I should be able to be on ~9 PM ET tonight.

Edit: Ugh, I already replied. It's been a long day. Well consider this a follow-up for intended plans tonight.

I'm central time US so that works for me. My shift changed slightly at work so I'll be home a little earlier tonight. I will probably start things up around 7:30pm to make sure my account wasn't fucked up in the recent server maintenance. I can host the Pac Standard and we should be able to knock it out in just over an hour with a capable team. Most of the people I play with know all of the ins and outs (as long as R* hasn't patched them).

Yeah, bit late for me, that's like 2 am UK.

Good luck guys, hope you have a good run. Don't shoot the hostages (or draw a giant phallus on the wall in bullet holes and accidentally kill the hostages in the name of art). :)

Damn. It's been awhile since we've played too. Maybe this weekend if you're on? I really want to get together with xenorevlis and shoot some action shorts with the editor.

My bad. I didn't get home until just a bit ago. I'll be on for a bit, though.

Here is the first "Rockstar Edits" video: Picking a Fight

By the way Exit, the next GTA video won't be that traffic jam but actually about how to be your bodyguard. Currently trying to think of a proper title :)

My bad. I didn't get home until just a bit ago. I'll be on for a bit, though.

Here is the first "Rockstar Edits" video: Picking a Fight

By the way Exit, the next GTA video won't be that traffic jam but actually about how to be your bodyguard. Currently trying to think of a proper title :)

You call me Al.

And ggs, snacknuts. Other than some odd glitches, the Pac Standard was a snap.

Ted

Damn. It's been awhile since we've played too. Maybe this weekend if you're on? I really want to get together with xenorevlis and shoot some action shorts with the editor.

It is, PS2 consumed me entirely for a long time!

I'll definitely try and get updated and get on at the weekend. I'll keep an eye out for you, and I look forward to seeing all the new hotness. I don't even have a frickin' lowrider!

Striker

Sigh

I was also hoping it would be a tuner car.
I mean it's the fastest muscle car now (shocking) but I figured it would've been a little more interesting.

Agree with you about tuners. I want to see Rapid GT, Surano, Coquette, 9F, etc all tuned up like they did the Sultan and Banshee.

I want a Ruiner update with them going as close as they can to allowing it to be "KITTed" out visually without incurring the wrath of Universal's lawyers.

Ted

Played a little at the weekend, a lot of new stuff since I last played eh!

Low riders are fab, quite expensive but fab. Not as expensive as the yacht thing though, holy cow!

And two more properties allowed, thank you R*. I can finally store more of the junk only I seem to like. : )

Also, GTAO seems to still be attracting a ton of players, new and old. When I went to the low rider shop I was match made pretty much instantly into the tutorial drive-by thing with three level 8 ish players. Good stuff. That said, they must have wondered what the hell a 223 was doing joining them AND being so god awful!

I've been on a wall breaching kick lately.

ct64UvXSPkSslEtqWO45rg_0_0.jpg

I have also been working on something in the R* editor. Fellow GAF'ers xenorevlis and snacknuts were cool and patient enough to lend themselves and their avatars as actors. I want to add two more scenes to wrap up the video, but I have hit a creative block. I think I'm going to step away from it for a week. I have already shared this with a few people, but here is my progress so far. Feel free to critique and offer suggestions. I'm happy with where this one is going and I don't want to just abandon it as I have done in the past with other projects.

Edit: I intend to add music (probably in-game to avoid copyright BS) and clean up some of the camera work.

Played a little at the weekend, a lot of new stuff since I last played eh!

Low riders are fab, quite expensive but fab. Not as expensive as the yacht thing though, holy cow!

And two more properties allowed, thank you R*. I can finally store more of the junk only I seem to like. : )

Also, GTAO seems to still be attracting a ton of players, new and old. When I went to the low rider shop I was match made pretty much instantly into the tutorial drive-by thing with three level 8 ish players. Good stuff. That said, they must have wondered what the hell a 223 was doing joining them AND being so god awful!

We should try to set something up on Saturday. A few of my friends have yachts and stilt houses.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I have also been working on something in the R* editor. Fellow GAF'ers xenorevlis and snacknuts were cool and patient enough to lend themselves and their avatars as actors. I want to add two more scenes to wrap up the video, but I have hit a creative block. I think I'm going to step away from it for a week.

Fun helping you out. Let me know when you want to get back to it and I will try to make it work.

Fun helping you out. Let me know when you want to get back to it and I will try to make it work.
Thanks, I really appreciate the offer. I was thinking about doing a reshoot of the Insurgent Pickup chase. Though I put my character through a makeover last night. I'm going to rummage through what I have already and see if I can make it work. If that part of the video is the only thing I have to compromise, I'm ok with that. All of the other scenes came together almost exactly as I wanted them to.

Returning player here and I'm seeing I don't have enough RP for anything. What can I do to gain some quickly?
Marathoning Contact Missions is still the fastest way to raise your RP. You can approach heist money figures if you keep at the more difficult ones.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like the Osiris and T20 are on sale, along with some other vehicles.

actual_1462546458.jpg

Alright, alright, I guess I'll finally buy a T20.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Is the T20 good? I don't own a supercar yet and I'm sitting on $3MM. Might as well get something while they're half off.

Is the T20 good? I don't own a supercar yet and I'm sitting on $3MM. Might as well get something while they're half off.

I think it is still the best overall supercar. Acceleration is best in class. The T20 had the highest top speed until the Banshee 900R received its hot fix. Probably the 2nd or 3rd best handling supercar. When other supercars with similar characteristics can be had at a fraction of the cost, it is hard to justify the T20's 2+ million dollar price tag. At 50% it's a no-brainer. Buy it.

Edit: No supercars yet? Get the Zentorno too then. It is also 50% off, fast as hell, has great handling, and the low front end can actually scoop higher clearance vehicles into the air. It has no rear window, making you invulnerable to small arms fire while making a getaway. While it might be the ultimate "me too" supercar in GTA Online, it is also easily the most useful.

Top Bottom