• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Further Adventures in Finance and Felony trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t2mi19DcmE

Dope.

Looks awesome, but every trailer for GTA Online is basically unreproducible in the game without an insane amount of coordination, patience, and players willing to cooperate. It's virtually impossible for anybody who doesn't play in a very coordinated crew or have a large amount of friends who play the game.

And even when you do have those things the system runs so poorly and it takes so long to setup that you spedn more time trying to coordinate a game and get everybody into it than you do actually playing.

I wanna know how much I can actually make from investing in these building exactly, I'm not spending several million on an office to not make money back or a profit for that matter.

I imagine the whole process will be a massive grind, personally I don't have the time for that, luckily I've spotted some cool shit to buy.

If it matches the rest of GTA Online experience, if you spend any of your money on this it will take 50+ hours of grinding to get your initial investment back.

I got the e-mail for this trailer but nothing about them giving away money... I'll take a few 100,000 GTA funbux to compensate me for having to fix all my vehicles with green tire (switched to purple after I transferred) smoke though. <_<

EDIT: I hope this stuff is PVE, at least for the most part.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Is the VIP stuff that's already in the game any good? Like, is it a good way to make money? I've never done it, apart from acting as a bodyguard for a random one time.

Is the VIP stuff that's already in the game any good? Like, is it a good way to make money? I've never done it, apart from acting as a bodyguard for a random one time.

There are a couple of job types that you can milk for cash. Though, because everything occurs in free roam, it's a bit of a gamble in a public lobby. You can start up a private lobby with 3 other friends and start running rotating the 2 or 3 jobs that pay out the best and can be completed the easiest.

However, if you are after in-game funds, contact missions until your eyes bleed or Pac Standard on repeat are still the best ways to make money.

Striker

I was messing around as a bodyguard the other morning and made over 100k.

The trailer was nice. I knew about the new helicopter, but that ship looks new and there's a SWAT-type vehicle at :54 in that splits between oncoming cars. Maybe similar in dealing damage like the Insurgent. A colored Cargobob, maybe they are VIP team based?

Also hope those new super cars are either reasonably priced and don't blow away anything in the top end of the class though I have some doubts after Rockstar gave major discounts over the T20 and Zentorno (did they discount the Osiris too?) recently. It'd just be like Rockstar to get everyone to spend their GTA funbux on something just before releasing something new that's better at an even higher price... Or a vehicle that kinda sucks at a still ridiculous price.

Linius

I made about million in the past two weeks since getting back in, closing in on 2 million. Was planning to buy a buzzard but I guess I'll wait with spending till june 7th to see the prices for the new stuff.

What are general tips to make a lot of money by the way? I do have a lot of friends to play with so we can do missions in a coordinated way.

Mastah

actual_1464967296.png

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...nline-criminal-expansion-weekend-june-3rd-6th

Tigress

How in the hell do you get that much cash?

Sharkcards.

Or alternatively you play the game a lot and you have friends that tell you all their little secrets for best ways to get cash (some aren't so secret. Like the VIP jobs sightseer and one other one can be done solo and if done a lot build up money. Plus certain missions are pretty lucrative, some you need a flying machine with missiles to be easy/lucrative. Spawn areas for some cars that are worth a lot).

Basically knowing a lot of little tricks for getting decent chunks of money + playing way too much. I don't have 28 million but I do have 21 million (and I own the yacht, three or four apartments I forget, the hydra <- totally worth it, every Pegassi car except the Osirus or whatever it was cause it's not a Lamborghini, plus a bunch of other things though only stuff I was interested in, I didn't try to collect everything or near everything). I haven't spent a dime on microtransactions. It's against my principles honestly.

(and to be fair I've had the game since it came out on PS3 and have off and on been playing it so I've had time to accumulate that too plus there were some old exploits they've fixed that were pretty lucrative. No hacking involved or even anything complicated for anything I did but some of it was a bit exploitive).

Most of my current money though was from doing VIP stuff and missions (seriously, I spent any money I made with "exploits"). So that VIP stuff can be quite lucrative.

Of course, I bought an Armored Shafter V12 last weekend and the yacht back in April I wonder how it works out between this 50% and the 20% off the yacht plus 25% they had off on customization.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Or alternatively you play the game a lot and you have friends that tell you all their little secrets for best ways to get cash (some aren't so secret. Like the VIP jobs sightseer and one other one can be done solo and if done a lot build up money. Plus certain missions are pretty lucrative, some you need a flying machine with missiles to be easy/lucrative. Spawn areas for some cars that are worth a lot).

Basically knowing a lot of little tricks for getting decent chunks of money + playing way too much. I don't have 28 million but I do have 21 million (and I own the yacht, three or four apartments I forget, the hydra <- totally worth it, every Pegassi car except the Osirus or whatever it was cause it's not a Lamborghini, plus a bunch of other things though only stuff I was interested in, I didn't try to collect everything or near everything). I haven't spent a dime on microtransactions. It's against my principles honestly.

(and to be fair I've had the game since it came out on PS3 and have off and on been playing it so I've had time to accumulate that too plus there were some old exploits they've fixed that were pretty lucrative. No hacking involved or even anything complicated for anything I did but some of it was a bit exploitive).

Most of my current money though was from doing VIP stuff and missions (seriously, I spent any money I made with "exploits"). So that VIP stuff can be quite lucrative.

witcherwitcherwitcher, but this trailer looks good, I'm up for some good ole antics, if my PS+ sub still has time left.

Tigress

witcherwitcherwitcher, but this trailer looks good, I'm up for some good ole antics, if my PS+ sub still has time left.

Ha! If I could put Fallout 4 down. Survival made has sucked me in hard (Fallout should have been released with survival mode. This makes up for the crappy dialogue/loss of RP in my RPG. And I hear Far Harbor brings back some RPG so bonus!). I haven't even started the first DLC for Witcher (Though I just got the second today. Bought it now to make sure I got the second set of gwent cards).

And yeah, me and cat will prolly be trying the new GTA DLC next week (if cat can drag me away from Fallout but I am very curious about this update and I have to get that Pegassi, looks beautiful from the one picture I saw).

Decided to pass on the yacht for now I'll wait till they discount the other two down the line.

I'll save my money for Tuesday, gonna need every penny.

Sorry for the double but it's for good reason.

I said fuck it and bought the 3 million yacht and upgraded to the 8 mil yacht for 1.5 extra.

So that's 4.5 mil for the most expensive yacht, I'll take it.

Money off on customisation too.

Linius

I said fuck it and bought the 3 million yacht and upgraded to the 8 mil yacht for 1.5 extra.

So now you're officially a baller with a yacht. If I had the money I would have gone for it too. It's a good deal.

What is the difference between the two yachts? free helicopter?

So if i buy the 3 mill one how do i find the option to upgrade?

thanks.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Playing the game seriously I've been there since day 1 and been through a lot of cheats and exploits today I play the game straight doing Pacific Standard whenever I can.

Man, I wish I could have gotten in on that exploit action, whatever it was. I'm at lvl 164 and have been on the straight and narrow the whole time. Lots of cash grinding with jobs, and my total lifetime earnings are only ~$23MM. :'(

What is the difference between the two yachts? free helicopter?

So if i buy the 3 mill one how do i find the option to upgrade?

thanks.

Plenty of info on yachts here http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Galaxy_Super_Yacht

A lot of people prefer the middle yacht, personally I just went with the most expensive because I was getting it cheaper.

Just pop on the net and go to the boat website and that will take you to the yachts and you can switch between all 3.

When you already own the 3 mil yacht you can just view any of the other two and it gives you the option to upgrade.

Tigress

Yeah man big money baller lol!

Just gotta master landing my hydra on the other helipad instead of dunking it in the sea constantly lol.

That's one of the reasons the middle yacht is better. The front of it is way better for landing a hydra. In fact you can get two hydras on the boat. Plus it has a better helicopter. And doesn't have a huge weakness if you want to do the VIP mission where you defend your boat from people boarding.

That's one of the reasons the middle yacht is better. The front of it is way better for landing a hydra. In fact you can get two hydras on the boat. Plus it has a better helicopter. And doesn't have a huge weakness if you want to do the VIP mission where you defend your boat from people boarding.

Yeah I heard about the helicopters being faster but I've only used them to get from a to b so far so not a big concern, I just love being able to spawn on a yacht!

Tigress

Yeah I heard about the helicopters being faster but I've only used them to get from a to b so far so not a big concern, I just love being able to spawn on a yacht!

Not just faster but less annoying to fly/land. The one that comes on the expensive yacht likes to tip over or slide down on any sort of incline if you land on it. Friend of mine finally got fed up and paid to go back to the middle yacht over the helicopter alone. Plus the helicopter on the middle yacht is the best non combat one in the game (it's fast, it's fun to fly, lands fine, and pretty good about handling damage).

Plenty of info on yachts here http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Galaxy_Super_Yacht

A lot of people prefer the middle yacht, personally I just went with the most expensive because I was getting it cheaper.

Just pop on the net and go to the boat website and that will take you to the yachts and you can switch between all 3.

When you already own the 3 mil yacht you can just view any of the other two and it gives you the option to upgrade.

thanks for the link. I'm gonna buy it!&#129297;&#128183;

Been trying to do some LTS with friends. We keep getting put on opposite teams despite us being friends and in the same crew. I'm going to smack my head against a wall at this game.

Match making and all that is still garbage, you'd have to manually switch teams and then hope the other people do the same.

I only just realized that insurance is gone on the PC version and has been since last March, no wonder people are so super willing to blow up cars lately, I thought it was just people with a shit load of money thanks to glitching/modding. I'd say thanks modders but it was disabled because someone made it possible to drain the banks of other players by repeatedly having them blamed for a vehicle being destroyed and have to pay the insurance along with giving them "bad sport" ratings.

Glad I didn't play much if at all in March.

Sarcasm

As some one who rarely plays and solo for the matter, what is the best way of earning money?

No I won't buy shark cards.

Update is out on PS4 and XBO.

I need sleep, at least by the time I get back on I'll know if anything is actually worth buying.

I'm gonna buy an office just for the damn gun locker. I miss being able to just drop weapons and have them come back, at least this way there's no loss of investment I guess.

Striker

I didn't know you can upgrade the yachts so cheaply. I bought the cheapest one a few days ago but the bird on the ship is a nice plus.

I only have $2.5M right now. I will get on this morning and check all the new toys out.

Here's a couple of quick and dirty screenshots (PS4). They finally added a purchasable Cargobob....It only took 2 1/2 years!

The new Offices Prices and location.

New vehicles.

New Heli and Plane.

The Tug!

I quickly went through the clothing. I'm not going to take images of each piece but this RS outfit really stood out for me and is my first "RS" outfit purchase. They added some nice suit pants and the rest is baggy crap that should be re-designed for a proper fit for female characters.

I'll grab some images of the offices after I buy one. Going for the $4mil one. Also going to get the heli and tug. I'm going to wait until Tigress buys that lambo so I can test it out.

Linius

Now the big question is, how profitable are those office buildings? Buying a 4 million property is all fun and games, but I'd expect something in return without having to grind for hours.

And thanks for the screenshots.

Here's the purchase options for the 4mil Office.

Total is $6,560,000 full options. The decor is the same as the yacht so each style is a certain cost.

From what I can tell. The VIP services before had a 4 hour window with a 12 hour cool down. Since your a CEO now, there's no timer. I won't retire since I have no idea what that will do. It looks like you now have unlimited time of VIP.

I'll be putting some more up in the next hour or so. I'm in the north and have to fly to the offices.

Last update before I crash. Some images of the Maze office.

fac0Hv5.png

Seems the "Core" new VIP options can only be played in public rooms which sucks. I was hoping for a crew only room. There seems to be a game on the TV that requires 2 people to play. The access to the roof is amazing and your office assistant has snacks that you can get off her. I might jump into a public room just to see some of the options.

One other thing I searched for is the new Contact missions. The menu itself has nothing new and calls to each Contact only gives old missions. There was a cut scene with entering the building and the assistant mentioned she will show me the options once I log into the computer (Needs a public session).

snacknuts

we all knew her
Here's the purchase options for the 4mil Office.

Total is $6,560,000 full options. The decor is the same as the yacht so each style is a certain cost.

From what I can tell. The VIP services before had a 4 hour window with a 12 hour cool down. Since your a CEO now, there's no timer. I won't retire since I have no idea what that will do. It looks like you now have unlimited time of VIP.

I'll be putting some more up in the next hour or so. I'm in the north and have to fly to the offices.

Can you not get any of these options in the other offices? I've got $2MM in the bank and was going to get a CargoBob because I've wanted to buy one for a long time, but maybe I should get an office instead.

sunnz

I went back to gta online today, played for like 20 minutes and just said to myself, what do I do know...

I didn't feel like and didn't want to wait for lobbies to populate to play missions ( shooting is not as fun since enemies have good aim, too much cover is needed)

I just wish the online free mode had more random or open missions, like being able to actually rob a bank like you do with the convenient stores, assassination missions (npc), drug busts, npc related events basically and so on.
The VIP missions are fun for example, if they were not locked behind VIP it would be cool.

Can you not get any of these options in the other offices?

No idea if you can buy a second office or not. I joined a Public Lobby and did the 2nd tutorial. This requires purchasing "warehouses" to store contraband.

D9lawba.png
2yzP4W5.png

sPosejS.png
cXxfZyu.png

I went with the 1.9mil warehouse since my $11.4 is almost gone and I only bought the office and now this. So you do need warehouses. The small,medium and large options are different prices. It all depends on the location.

I bought $2k worth of contraband and then called Pegasus for the Hydra. I figured it would have spawned on top of Maze Tower but it didn't.....It spawned at the hospital so I parachuted off Maze and got right to the pad with the parachute. There was 4 other people in the lobby so I flew to the spot. Got in the truck and that's when all hell broke loose. NPC firing at me and blocked the exit with a huge truck. Then I was driving to my warehouse and a PC person in a buzzard shot me and exploded the shipment. So I lost $2k. I got back to the Hydra for my revenge but the guy went back into his own office...

Headhunter is a new VIP solo mission and requires you to assassinate targets on the map that are driving. Pretty good VIP and it pays $23k with a 10min cool down.

Open lobbies are going to be crazy now and I figure you need peeps to help you since anybody with a buzzard can make short work of you driving to the warehouse..

Striker

I'll add you Cat.

It seems solo VIP work is a good deal to a good method in adding decent funds? I have just over $2.5M so these warehouses and such are pretty pricey for me atm. I need a lot more if I plan on doing anything.

Top Bottom