• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

snacknuts

we all knew her
I'll add you Cat.

It seems solo VIP work is a good deal to a good method in adding decent funds? I have just over $2.5M so these warehouses and such are pretty pricey for me atm. I need a lot more if I plan on doing anything.

I learned yesterday that you can launch some of the VIP stuff solo in a private room, but the cooldown time on being able to replay VIP missions is kind of a bummer.

God damn, looks like the basic investment for the crime missions are upwards of $4-$5m. $2m for an office, $2m or so for a warehouse to push ... Socks ?

I really wish Rockstar added some of this to the single player in a DLC. I'd love to run my own criminal enterprise in Los Santos and be buggered by AI and not real people griefing you, but alas.

snacknuts

we all knew her
God damn, looks like the basic investment for the crime missions are upwards of $4-$5m. $2m for an office, $2m or so for a warehouse to push ... Socks ?

I really wish Rockstar added some of this to the single player in a DLC. I'd love to run my own criminal enterprise in Los Santos and be buggered by AI and not real people griefing you, but alas.

Or let me bring some of my single player cash into my online account. Just 1% would be more than enough. :D

I'll add you Cat.

It seems solo VIP work is a good deal to a good method in adding decent funds? I have just over $2.5M so these warehouses and such are pretty pricey for me atm. I need a lot more if I plan on doing anything.

Cool man I'll check it.

So..how does a single person make moola (decent) online?

On Friday, Saturday and Sunday I played 4hrs, 4hrs and 8hrs of VIP solo and made close to 2.5mil switching between Hostile Takeover and Sightseer with a couple of Contact Missions in between cool down periods. I was watching other stuff while playing remote play during this so it was easy. Good way to make cash unless you do Heists.

Yup Socks lol.

Thanks for the update and pics, Felix. I want that table map.

Get your ass online! lol.

gxvvY2Q.png

Patch Notes: GTAV Title Update 1.34 Notes (PS4/Xbox One/PC)

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/220249028

"Two players can now get into beds in GTA Online".
F806Qlj.png

SiteSeer

man, the reaper has got a real ugly proportions on the back end when viewed sidewise kinda want to sell it back, but fmj is good looking all around really nice addition that one. in any case any gaffers wanna run missions add me on psn.

Linius

Well I bought the Buzzard (25% off indeed) and an armoured kuruma. So I think I'm set for a while with decent mission vehicles. Only downside is that the roughly 1,9 million I had is gone now
dUlMFSY.png

But it's a good investment.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Well I bought the Buzzard (25% off indeed) and an armoured kuruma. So I think I'm set for a while with decent mission vehicles. Only downside is that the roughly 1,9 million I had is gone now
dUlMFSY.png

Two best investments you can make, IMO.

dUlMFSY.png

Armored Kuruma was half off not too long ago. I bought a second one. Good investment.
I use both of them frequently. That way I don't have to call Mors Mutual Everytime someone blows it up.

Linius

Not sure what my next goal will be, starting with 0 again so what ever it's gonna be it will take ages. Maybe the cheapest office building for that VIP status.

And too bad the Kuruma was half price not long ago. Probably just before I went back in :/

Quoted for truth. I also recommend buying an Insurgent when you have the spare cash. Takes several rockets and it punches through traffic like a battering ram. Fully modded, it's the safest way to get across town in a hurry.

Only drawback is you have to call for it and usually drive across town to get it. Where my apartment is, I have to drive to basically the opposite side of Los Santos in the bus depot to pick it up.

Linius

Yeah I wish they didn't qualify it as a Pegasus vehicle, would be perfect if you can store in your garage. Another wish would be a helipad at my home so I can spawn there when I boot up the game. And just fly away with the buzzard.

Only drawback is you have to call for it and usually drive across town to get it. Where my apartment is, I have to drive to basically the opposite side of Los Santos in the bus depot to pick it up.
That only applies to the pickup with the mounted .50 cal. The normal armored Insurgent is a standard vehicle that can be upgraded and stored in your garage.

latest

Linius

Had some good fun doing missions with my new toys the past few hours. Cleaning the Cathouse became a lot easier with the buzzard :lol

Foffy

Banned
Is it just me or can you make crazy fast money with the recent update?

I only played yesterday, but I got enough stock and sold enough that I made 600k. Sure, I went from 7mill to 1.5mill for this update, but you can get a pretty damn quick return if you put the time in. And the missions themselves are varied enough that it's not boring yet.

I'm sure the problem of hackers, especially on PC, are where this will become short lived fun.

Is it just me or can you make crazy fast money with the recent update?

I only played yesterday, but I got enough stock and sold enough that I made 600k. Sure, I went from 7mill to 1.5mill for this update, but you can get a pretty damn quick return if you put the time in. And the missions themselves are varied enough that it's not boring yet.

I'm sure the problem of hackers, especially on PC, are where this will become short lived fun.
CEOs can get a 6 figure payout on jobs (at least my friend did a few times). Employees get a slow trickle of cash and xp with bonuses for completing jobs under the organization. I gained 3 levels and earned over $100k in the hour and a half I spent goofing off with friends and crew tonight. With a good team, you can make stupid quick money.

Striker

I joined a random's organization yesterday and got a good feeling of what it's about. Only made $17k so I wasn't making a big amount. We only did three jobs/pickups so that is a factor.

I will do more this weekend so shoot an invite if anyone is getting into that.

Kuldar

Feel like a missed opporunity to not allow other organizations in the session to steal crates during a crate recovery mission.

And seriously why did they put a four people limit for an organization? It's so stupid to have to switch to another activity because the organization is full and a friend log in and want to play with us. :(

Tigress

Oh, so Rockstar re-enabled insurance on PC. They must be confident that they fixed that cheat.

I wish they'd just get rid of insurance entirely. I never take my expensive cars out in public lobbies cause people find ways to blow them up or destroy them and get you charged. Now that cargobobs can be bought they can go back to picking up your car and dropping it in the water (you get charged for that one).

Valkrai

Does anyone know if Rockstar fixed the issue where selling crates would fail? I lost 400k and I don't want to lose any more money

snacknuts

we all knew her
I wish they'd just get rid of insurance entirely. I never take my expensive cars out in public lobbies cause people find ways to blow them up or destroy them and get you charged. Now that cargobobs can be bought they can go back to picking up your car and dropping it in the water (you get charged for that one).

I have no problem with charging other people for destroying your car (if it works), but I shouldn't be charged for blowing up my own.

Linius

Didn't know you get charged if some ahole tosses your car in the water. People behaving like that and trying to get you spending money are the only downside to GTA Online. Probably the reason why I hardly ever play around in freeroam. I mostly stuck to missions or just driving around while in passive mode.

I have no problem with charging other people for destroying your car (if it works), but I shouldn't be charged for blowing up my own.

That's not how insurance works though. Insurance is there to cover damages beyond your capacity. I.e. if other people wreck your car. Never heard of an insurance company paying out for people who destroy their own property :p

Tigress

I don't have issue with them charging me for what I did. But first of all their system does not work and people will find ways around it to grief you. I knew one guy who said he just remained broke and if he blew up some one's car they got charged for it, not him. As well as the cargo bob trick. Or putting gas behind your car if it is the type that backfires.

Second of all people who use expensive cars to grief you and you will get charged if you blow up their vehicle...

It's not a good system and it doesn't add much to the game (does it add much fun challenge really?). In fact all it seems to do is breed resentment amongst players or towards rockstar.

I suspect the biggest reason it is there is R* wants ways of making the game take your money so you want more quickly to encourage microtransactions purchase. Which is why it won't go away. I don't know of anyone who actually wishes they would charge you for replacing the car. At best they don't care. I haven't seen anyone who thinks the system makes the game fun or at worst would be upset if it was gone.

It's honestly my least favorite thing about gta online. And at this point even if was understanding about rockstar wanting that shark card money it isn't even a big amount with all the new stuff to buy and more lucrative ways to make money and rockstar has much bigger encouragements to encourage shark card purchase it wouldn't even harm them much to get rid of it. In general I think rockstar should rethink some early game balance designs and change them. Like there is no reason to nerf the tank at this point. The tank is now useless with all the new items and wouldn't be a great griefing machine even if they unnerfed it.

Tigress

That's not how insurance works though. Insurance is there to cover damages beyond your capacity. I.e. if other people wreck your car. Never heard of an insurance company paying out for people who destroy their own property :p

You do realize this is a game and not real life? Insurance should be balanced to make the game fun, not on how it works in real life.

Linius

You do realize this is a game and not real life? Insurance should be balanced to make the game fun, not on how it works in real life.

Well if you're going to call a game mechanic insurance it wouldn't make sense if it would be something completely different. That would be confusing. And as we know it does work like insurance in real life basically.

And personally I like how they implemented it. Though I didn't know there are some flaws in the system, that's too bad. But having people pay for wrecking your car is a fun addition to me. Going around wrecking havoc is an expensive hobby in GTA Online. I'm pretty sure if there wasn't such a thing as insurance you'd have a hard time just driving around without some random person blowing you up. With the consequence that it costs money people will think twice at least.

Tigress

Well if you're going to call a game mechanic insurance it wouldn't make sense if it would be something completely different. That would be confusing. And as we know it does work like insurance in real life basically.

And personally I like how they implemented it. Though I didn't know there are some flaws in the system, that's too bad. But having people pay for wrecking your car is a fun addition to me. Going around wrecking havoc is an expensive hobby in GTA Online. I'm pretty sure if there wasn't such a thing as insurance you'd have a hard time just driving around without some random person blowing you up. With the consequence that it costs money people will think twice at least.

1. No it doesn't. As you said your insurance doesn't cover you if you blow up your own car. Insurance in the game does minus a deductible. Other people's insurance should cover you if they were at fault regardless of if you have insurance if hey are at fault and there is no deductible. Insurance will also drop you if you keep having instances. So, no it doesn't.

2. No, people don't think twice. They just think of ways around the mechanic (and with a game as open as gta it's unreasonable to think rockstar can find some way to stop them from finding a way) or bitch about how the game is about blowing stuff up, why should they pay. All it does is encourage me not to go play in public or only take my cheapest cars cause chances are they'll make sure I pay for it regardless. Oh, and gets some griefers who purposely take out expensive cars cause they know that then even if some one retaliates they had to pay for the privledge to retaliate against a griefers. I don't know if you've noticed but people blow up your cars with little thought to it as is, so not sure why you think it stops that.

3. What exactly beneficial does the mechanic bring to the game? Other than your disproven by how people act in the game's theory that it some how stops people from blowing your car up.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I have been looking into the offices and learned the following:
  • You can buy upgrades for your office at a later time
  • The interior is the same for all of the offices; the only difference is the view out the windows
  • The safe seems to serve no purpose
I am going to buy the cheapest office with no upgrades. I have not been able to find any indication that the living accommodations upgrade adds any benefit, and while I appreciate the idea of the gun locker, it doesn't add a level of utility commensurate with its $520K price tag.

No garage space for the office is a major bummer.

Played last night... Tried to do one of the promoted Adversary missions. Sat in a lobby for 10 minutes. One guy joined, then disconnected after 60 seconds. After waiting 14 minutes in a lobby, I quit the game, nothing has changed in 2 years.

It's nice that Rockstar adds $4.5million sock warehouse, but if they spent that time improving the matchmaking experience, it would go a much longer way in my opinion.

It's sad that the line "That's not how insurance works though," has to be uttered when talking about an online videogame.

The insurance industry is one of the most frustrating, annoying, yet necessary horrible industries we all have to deal with in our normal, shitty lives. I don't really get how replicating this terrible real world experience in a similarly terrible way makes a videogame more fun. It's something I didn't get from the onset of GTA Online.

Tigress

It's sad that the line "That's not how insurance works though," has to be uttered when talking about an online videogame.

The insurance industry is one of the most frustrating, annoying, yet necessary horrible industries we all have to deal with in our normal, shitty lives. I don't really get how replicating this terrible real world experience in a similarly terrible way makes a videogame more fun. It's something I didn't get from the onset of GTA Online.

Well, GTA doesn't really replicate it. It just calls its way of ensuring you get your car back insurance. And charges you for the "service". I think R* hoped people would think that it was to keep people from blowing up cars but:

1. It's GTA. Part of the fun is chaos. You should feel free to have chaos, get your car blown up or some one else's, and not feel like the game is trying to stop that. I shouldn't have a game mechanic that makes me feel resentful of some one just cause they blew up my car and now I gotta pay (money that takes time to grind to get.. and it is made purposely so that making money is a bit grindy and annnoying). It also shouldn't make other people resentful that by playing the game they get punished. Blowing some one's car up while causing chaos is part of the game. Sure, if they keep comiing after you or just repeatedly blowing your shit up just to piss you off, that's griefing. But in this game there is a finer line between that and playing the game as meant cause it's designed for people to be causing chaos. But yes, peopel can grief. And they should be doing something to discourage that which leads to my second point:

2. The game mechanic doesn't work to stop those that are griefing. People who like to grief people by blowing up their cars don't give enough shit to make it stop them. I knew one guy who just kept his bank account empty so he didn't have to care. At most they'll just bitch to R* about why should they have to pay to blow up some one's car. Or worse, use the mechanic to punish people for retaliating on them (I'll use my most expensive car to grief and stay in it and then they'll have to pay a big sum if they want to stop me). Making people pay to blow their car up to stop them is just the cherry on top to those people. Or find creative ways around paying the fee (pick up the car with a cargobob, drop it. Just don't ahve money on you cause you just enjoy causing chaos and then you can laugh when you blow up some one's car and they get charged for it <- yes, it worked that way once. I think it does again. R* changed that one time so no one gets charged if the person who blew up the car has no money but I heard they changed it back to the owner gets charged if hte person who blew up the car doesn't have enough money. Put fuel behind some one's car that backfires and watch the fun).

3. It's more obvious they just want the game to be more expensive in game to play so they can sell more shark cards. It's one of the ways I will point out the game is not balanced well *on purpose* in order to encourage microtransaction purchases. I suppose that's the price I pay to be able to play online for free but that is the price of microtransactions, the game will be made purposely a little unbalanced/badly to make you want to pay to skip the annoying part.

I gained 3 levels and earned over $100k in the hour and a half I spent goofing off with friends and crew tonight. With a good team, you can make stupid quick money.
FWIW, the Pacific Standard Heist is still the fastest way to make money if you have a good team, at least according to the GTA YouTubers who've tested it. It does get monotonous after a while though, so the CEO stuff is useful in that respect.

I never take my expensive cars out in public lobbies cause people find ways to blow them up or destroy them and get you charged.
I've honestly never had that happen to me. Personally, I really like the insurance system, because it discourages (but doesn't prevent) people from just randomly blowing up your car. If you took away the insurance system then you wouldn't be able to drive ten metres without someone blowing up your vehicle.

Didn't know you get charged if some ahole tosses your car in the water. People behaving like that and trying to get you spending money are the only downside to GTA Online. Probably the reason why I hardly ever play around in freeroam. I mostly stuck to missions or just driving around while in passive mode.

I've pushed other people's cars into the water and I've gotten charged for it.

I've never had someone make me pay for my destroyed car. What annoys me more is when someone blows me up and nobody pays for it.

I hate insurance too and I'm kind of salty that I spent so much time over the last couple months avoiding blowing up non-bountied players in their vehicles. I admit though I am one of those assholes who did use the Cargobob to dump other people's cars into the water but the targets of that was people in the lobby whose cars I found while they were being dicks.

Top Bottom