• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA:San Andreas takes 150 hours to finish

Meier said:
Same. I beat all the side-missions in Vice City and got all the property, but I refuse to do the collect-a-thon bullshit of those two types of missions.

I disagree that they were just collectathons. They provided a good source of money, which could be used to further yourself in the main missions and in the case of the packages a readily available arsenal for free, once again benifitting the main mode.

Ranger X

With completing every single shit you can do in the game GTA3 took me 60-70 hours and GTAVC more near 80 hours.
Considering it's 3 big fat citys, 150 hours seems likely i guess. This game is gonna blow everything if you're the type who like to do stuff in games.

Hellraizah

Wyzdom said:
This game is gonna blow everything if you're the type who like to do stuff in games.
Seriously, this shit gotta stop. I'm all for the "open ended gameplay" of these types of games (GTA, Spiderman 2, etc.....), but they really need to find a way to make the things you have to do relevant (is there a reason you should do the police/fireman/taxi/etc missions in GTA ???) and interesting.

GTA 3 (and Vice City) bore me to death, I tried really hard to find something fun in these games. I was like "Hey, everyone and their grandmother gave it 10, it's gotta be fun, in some sense", but it still was crappy games, poorly programmed, shitty graphics, boring as hell gameplay, no technique whatsoever involved, poor controls and camera (shooting was A PAIN). How can these shitty games rack up so much praise ?? They deserve C-.

andthebeatgoeson

Hellraizah said:
Seriously, this shit gotta stop. I'm all for the "open ended gameplay" of these types of games (GTA, Spiderman 2, etc.....), but they really need to find a way to make the things you have to do relevant (is there a reason you should do the police/fireman/taxi/etc missions in GTA ???) and interesting.

GTA 3 (and Vice City) bore me to death, I tried really hard to find something fun in these games. I was like "Hey, everyone and their grandmother gave it 10, it's gotta be fun, in some sense", but it still was crappy games, poorly programmed, shitty graphics, boring as hell gameplay, no technique whatsoever involved, poor controls and camera (shooting was A PAIN). How can these shitty games rack up so much praise ?? They deserve C-.

Uh, your opinion is wrong. :p

If you do the ambulance missions, you can run forever. A bonus. Not the main objective in the game but it got me out of a 6 star wanted level by running from the Airport to downtown in Vice City. All the other shit are extras.

Hellraizah said:

you and your grandmother deserve a C-,

and the reason the game got all 10 is because these people see the fun in the game and are better than you. ;)

Hellraizah

ZombieSupaStar said:
you and your grandmother deserve a C-,

and the reason the game got all 10 is because these people see the fun in the game and are better than you. ;)
My opinion = Truth.

I was saying The Matrix movie was shit from the very start back when everyone was riding Keenu Reeves' dick. Then the sequels came, and everyone realized it was utter shit. The same rule applies here.

Mark my words, GTA San Andreas will NOT rack in the same praise from reviewers as the 2 games before, because people will realize that it's not a good game. Bring on the real C minuses for this game.

evil ways

Hellraizah said:
My opinion = Truth.

I was saying The Matrix movie was shit from the very start back when everyone was riding Keenu Reeves' dick. Then the sequels came, and everyone realized it was utter shit. The same rule applies here.

Mark my words, GTA San Andreas will NOT rack in the same praise from reviewers as the 2 games before, because people will realize that it's not a good game. Bring on the real C minuses for this game.

Shit, someone archive this, on October 19 the special of the day will be crow with a side of own bullshit.

Ranger X

My god Hellraizah... did you ever think about something: Maybe it's not your type of game. Why do you give a fuck??
You know me man, you know i don't like fighting games and could say to fighting games exactly the same type of shit you gave GTAs, but it's pointless.... it's my TASTES.
I have the hability to see and tell a fighting game is good even if i don't like it.
I tell you, it's because you CAN'T see what's fun in GTA and probably WON'T EVER. Who cares if you like this game or not? WTF even if the rest of the planet likes it? Is it supposed to make you love it or something?

I don't understand people trying to love a game...
GTA is a good game and many people love to have extra stuff to do in their games and there's nothing wrong with that.

Hellraizah said:

Must just be my imagination then, because i've been playing VC more than any other game for the past week. The GTA series is probably my most played series this gen outside of GT3.

Also you said the same rules apply to the Matrix. The Matrix sequels got considerably lower reviews than the original while that's not the case with GTA.

GTA3 - 95.1
GTAVC - 94.0
GTA Double Pack - 96.9

bjork

Been playing GTA III recently, and I still think it's fun. Even if you're just tooling around in town randomly causing havoc... if it's something you're having fun with, I think the developers did their job, regardless of whether anyone else likes the game or if the game makes sense, or whatever.

SantaCruZer said:
That helicopter mission with the explosives made me stop playing GTA: Vice city.
I too found that mission rediculous. And I remember thinking the game had just lost my interest. But some months later I picked it up again, and somehow beat it all. Still the mission in that game really needed some help. They just lacked a lot of fun elements and felt forced. I hated going into combat cause I knew I was about to get showered in bullets I couldn't avoid.

evil ways

A couple of new tidbits from a german mag.

-- Carl can attack enemies from behind, after hiding and sneaking through the shadows.
-- Carl's ability to swim and the length of time he can stay underwater for depends on his fitness and how often he practices swimming.
-- Members of The Orange Grove Families wear green clothes.
-- The Ballas gang members wear purple clothes.
-- Models will include up to 50% more polygons than Vice City.
-- Bicycles will move forward when the X button is held down, but tapping it will make the player travel faster.
-- Carl can roll to the side during combat on the press of a button.
-- Players can now pivot the camera around the car, in order to gain a better view.
-- A choice of haircuts are available, from shaven/bald heads to 'Afro' style cuts.
-- Not only can players choose new hairstyles, but choices of beards and other facial hair will be at their disposal.

www.gtagaming.com

Word is you can also now scuba dive and go into the bottom of the sea.

kevm3

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over yet expecting different results. You didn't like the first two and the third is going to be very similar to the other two, so why are you even concerned with this game at all?

Top Bottom