• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

What is the best route to make the most money on all three characters by the end of the game? When should I do the
assassination missions
? After the last
heist
?

I was able to buy all properties on PS3 except for the golf course last playthru.

Right now I have about 350k on Franklin, 5k on Michael and haven't opened Trevor yet.

GAF, I present to you the Sticky Bomb Roulette of Doom

Step 1: Have car

Step 2: Put sticky bombs on sides of car

Step 3: Get wanted level (whatever level you're happy with)

Step 4: Run from police and feel the heat of every law enforcement gunshot having a chance of hitting and detonating one of the bombs

this reminds me-

anyone managed to put a sticky bomb on a mountain lion yet?

lewisgone

Does this version of the game still have psychic cops? I hated killing someone silently in the middle of nowhere and getting wanted stars.

Also how are the FPS controls? They look a little clunky in videos.

Yeah, sometimes you see an NPC calling the cops, but sometimes seemingly noone does and you still get in trouble which is frustrating. I like to bully the hikers on Mt.Chiliad and even when it's isolated I still catch flak. The police normally don't get up the mountain in time though.

In general all the NPCs seem slightly psychic. You can hear them commenting and reacting to crimes there was no way they could have witnessed. A bit frustrating when trying to be sneaky. Not too bad now they revamped the wanted system so you don't have to escape a giant blue police ring and can instead just hide in an alley.

Artex

Banned
Does this version of the game still have psychic cops? I hated killing someone silently in the middle of nowhere and getting wanted stars.

I'm pretty sure animals count as witnesses; as stupid as it sounds. There are times though when you'll see a witness pull out a cell phone while running, and if you kill them in time you don't get wanted stars.

The PS4 version of the game is great so far, and I love FPV mode. I will never switch back!

My one wishlist item is I would love to see a separate sensitivity slider for FPV driving. Driving steering sensitivity is tied to FPV look-around. For the driving to feel right, it makes looking around way too sluggish.

Turnbl

Can confirm the single player stock glitch currently works at any time in the game - it's not related to the 'stock market' missions. It's also not related to switching characters. If you're going to do it, it's probably worth doing now before it's patched.

Method:
Open LCN, select Markets.
Look for the largest percent faller (red arrow) in the final column. Could be -10% or up to -25% or more.
Select that company, select buy, then add as many shares as you can afford, select buy, then confirm, then continue.
You will now see the stock under your portfolio.
IMPORTANT - DO NOT select sell all.
Instead, select the company in the list, then select sell on the graph screen.
Now select sell all, then confirm. You should now be considerably richer.
You can go back to the Markets screen and perform all over again as many times as you want without exiting the stock site.

It seems to be doubling the percentage fall and adding as profit - i.e. a -14.13% stock will gain you +28.26% profit.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
They have too much grip IMO. I would have preferred a refinement of the IV formula.
GTA IV felt lke you were driving on ice. It didn't need to be refined. It needed a complete overhaul. GTA V gives you great control and I love it. But I will say it's dumb how if you flip your car over you can easily flip it back he right way. Cars are cats in this game.

Can confirm the single player stock glitch currently works at any time in the game - it's not related to the 'stock market' missions. It's also not related to switching characters. If you're going to do it, it's probably worth doing now before it's patched.

Method:
Look for the largest percent faller (red arrow) in the final column. Could be -10% or up to -25% or more.
Select that company, select buy, then add as many shares as you can afford, select buy, then confirm, then continue.
You can go back to the Markets screen and perform all over again as many times as you want without exiting the stock site.

It seems to be doubling the percentage fall and adding as profit - i.e. a -14.13% stock will gain you +28.26% profit.

And just like that I turned 100k into 800 million in a few minutes. Thanks, that was super easy. And saves me from doing the annoying Lester method.

GTA IV felt lke you were driving on ice. It didn't need to be refined. It needed a complete overhaul. GTA V gives you great control and I love it. But I will say it's dumb how if you flip your car over you can easily flip it back he right way. Cars are cats in this game.

Great control is easy-mode for me. Just look you can drive full throttle with the Sanchez through corners in off-road races, it's not good IMO. But people will always argue about GTA handling, it's fine. Handling mods for IV were great on PC, so I am hoping for the same here.

Kssio_Aug

Only if you completely turn game DVR off.

Actually I meant, in the GTA V game. It was stupid for them (the game developers) to implement such a thing. I was watching some clips at UPLOAD and many of them with the same title, with 5-7 seconds, from many different users, at a really non interesting situation. I dont know why some developers believe thats a good idea to implement it, when you actually can easily record whatever you want.

danowat

Banned
Actually I meant, in the GTA V game. It was stupid for them (the game developers) to implement such a thing. I was watching some clips at UPLOAD and many of them with the same title, with 5-7 seconds, from many different users, at a really non interesting situation. I dont know why some developers believe thats a good idea to implement it, when you actually can easily record whatever you want.

Yes, I know what you meant, but the only way to stop the game (or any game) doing automatic DVR's is to turn off game DVR completely.

TheExodu5

Banned
As far as I know you are stuck. I'm in the same situation, it's really dumb.

As far as I can remember there's no way to transfer money between the characters but anyway, if you play you cards right with the stock market, you'll be filthy rich on all characters before the end. Remember to do the stock market stuff on all 3 characters everytime, not just on franklin who has to do the actual assasination missions.

Well, my solution was just to undo the $500K for now. I spent $500K on the stock market with Franklin so that I just don't see the money for the time being. Invested in Slaughter, Slaughter, Slaughter, as well as Los Santos Radio. I figure they should go up with an increase in crime.

Method:

I wonder if I should do this, or will it ruin the game for me? If it saves me from pointless grinding, I'm all for it.

Maybe I could just do it and tuck all the money away into a stock until I feel like I want to redeem it.

todahawk

Yes and yes they are awkward.

I wanna see the next GTA use the Watch Dogs method of police. People should be actually phoning the police every time the police come, and you should be given he opportunity to silence people before they get a chance to call the cops.

Hell, they even had that in RDR, you'd see the 'eye witness' icon and you could chase them down and silence them before they brought the authorities.

I'm back in Los Santos baby - looks far better than I expected (guess that's what I get for watching streams all week).

Now, I remember I had some issues with this before but how the heck do I view my photos in game?

todahawk

I'm back in Los Santos baby - looks far better than I expected (guess that's what I get for watching streams all week).

Now, I remember I had some issues with this before but how the heck do I view my photos in game?

go into the game menu, there's a photo gallery in there. You might have to scroll right though iirc

I have trained Chop via iFruit to do his tricks,but they are not uploaded into the game.Any suggestions how to do that?
should be instant.

i just did mine too... played about 20 minutes, maxed out his happiness, bought a new collar, and taught him his first trick... played about 5 minutes more and then I drove over to him (I was paused like 1 minute away) and he had everything (no reload or anything, just instantly synced while playing).

Takuan

The game is pretty playable in RP on the Vita. Spent about an hour last night just fucking about in the city, clocking fools who had the nerve to step to me just for standing in their presence, showing 'em what-for. The control scheme is pretty tight, although I don't know how to duck while in the car and switching to FPS cam can be glitchy (in that it won't do it sometimes). I turn on aim-assist on the Vita though, can't be bothered trying to precision aim on the comparatively tiny screen.

Off the TV, aiming doesn't feel as bad in 3PS for some reason, so I just switch to that in shooting sections. FPS needs to be addressed for me to bother with it, but even if they don't I don't care so much since that's not what sold me on the game anyway.

video showing the Liveinvader glitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2bzLOXhNak

bought $8,000,000 worth of stock and sold it for $72,000,000
Whoa. How does this work?
Just buy and sell Lifeinvader. Instantly. Doesn't matter if your return say 0%, -70%, +110%. You'll get like between +500% to +900%.

I tested it more after By The Book, and I didn't have to switch characters, reload, etc. Just instantly buy and sell.

Turnbl above mentioned it works with any crashed stock with the stock that has crashed the most... so, I think that's why it's working with Lifeinvader for everyone -- because that's probably the most common highest negative return stock for most people at this point after release. I tried Vangelico, the 2nd highest negative return stock, etc and none of them worked. Only Lifeinvader.

But I bet if you try, say, another stock before Friend Request... maybe Merryweather at the end of the game... maybe something like Cluckinbell after Heist 4... just whatever the #1 worst stock is, it sounds like it could work, too -- so the bug isn't with Lifeinvader per se, it's just coincidence that most people have that as their lowest stock. But it's the lowest stock that the bug is actually with. I think....

Method:

That definitely works. Tried it with Lifeinvader. However once I reached $1bn and bought all the shares I could, when I tried to sell it, it would have given me more than the cap, so it wouldn't let me sell at all. I'd pick sell all and it would still show $0 in my account. Ended up losing half of my money trying other methods and now its stuck at $536 million. Weird bug.

Edit: I think its because I picked Lifeinvader. 79% loss was too high. Switched back to VAG and I got to $1.5 billion. Happy with that.

So, the returning player content? How do I get that? When does it show up?

Maybe I have just not noticed it?
You have to find it in-game... so the vehicles are world spawn events. The weapons will be unlocked as the story progresses at Ammu-nation. The treasure hunts also unlock as the story progresses.

Moozo

That definitely works. Tried it with Lifeinvader. However once I reached $1bn and bought all the shares I could, when I tried to sell it, it would have given me more than the cap, so it wouldn't let me sell at all. I'd pick sell all and it would still show $0 in my account. Ended up losing half of my money trying other methods and now its stuck at $536 million. Weird bug.

All you have to do is sell a substantial amount of your remaining shares, like a few hundred millions worth (ie. not Sell All) once. After that the Sell All button will work ONCE more, and take you to the 2.1bn cap. After that you'll be stuck with the rest of the shares.

Turnbl

Turnbl above mentioned it works with any crashed stock with the stock that has crashed the most... so, I think that's why it's working with Lifeinvader for everyone -- because that's probably the most common highest negative return stock for most people at this point after release. I tried Vangelico, the 2nd highest negative return stock, etc and none of them worked. Only Lifeinvader.
But it's the lowest stock that the bug is actually with. I think....

Have been testing it quite a bit, and it's actually stocks with a greater negative than -10%. That seems to be when the bug kicks in. So it's not necessarily only the highest faller (but clearly always worth doing the highest).

Stocks between -10% and 0, you just get your exact money back you spent.

Turnbl

Edit: I think its because I picked Lifeinvader. 79% loss was too high. Switched back to VAG and I got to $1.5 billion. Happy with that.

Account maxes out at 2.1 billion. If your sell goes above that it won't allow the transaction. However, you can decide a specific amount to sell using the - and + so you can get round this.

Have been testing it quite a bit, and it's actually stocks with a greater negative than -10%. That seems to be when the bug kicks in. So it's not necessarily only the highest faller (but clearly always worth doing the highest).

Stocks between -10% and 0, you just get your exact money back you spent.
I'm not sure. I tried it on the worst 'random stock' in my game which is Animal Ark (-70% or something at the start of the game and it was -26% just now when I tried it), which is enough to make it the 2nd worst stock... So I tried Lifeinvader, and also AnimalArk at -26% and also Vangelico which is now only -14% but only Lifeinvader worked... I bought and resold the other 2 stocks twice and both times, no big profit... I think actually I made like +5% or something because I did make a tiny bit of money but it was definitely below 5% because I invested like 1.2 million in them each time and it was still 1.2 million.. but I think it did go up like 20k or something. But definitely didn't go up 500% or something.

Not saying you're wrong. But for me at least, in the scenario I described above with Trevor after By The Book, definitely only Lifeinvader (the #1 worst stock) worked and the #2 and #2 worst stocks (also both worse than -10%) didn't work.

Yesterday when I tried to instantly buy and sell Lifeinvader though, it didn't work either. I had to switch characters (hence the switching in the video). It never worked when I just bought and sold. But 1 mission later, it did... I'm not sure why.

It clearly can work but maybe there are odd cases where it can't. Just like, why does it sometimes give you 500% return and others 800% return... My guess is maybe it's related to the crash amount? So, if LIF says -50%, you get +500%? -80% = +800%? not sure... there seems to be variance though. i tested it 15 times before that video and my returns were about 600% 9 or 10 times, 900% a few times, and I even got just 10% return once (it didn't work). So it seems like it can vary.

http://youtu.be/bs2X9CFC_lM
Man, the sharing feature on PS4 is perfect for this game
Haha yeah this is basically the perfect type of game for it... open world where the fun comes from the random and unexpected.

Even not to actually "share"... I'm using the Share feature to document my game file for than anything. I'm trying to make a perfect story file, and I want to take pics, record videos, etc of all the choices I made, how all my missions were (time of day, weather, clothing, random conversations, etc)... what vehicles I chose, what random events happened, what 'roleplays' I came up with for story missions and what new stories did I make from random events...

It's so easy to record all that stuff now. Snapmatic sadly has a 96 picture limit so I'm happy I can use the PS4 now to take shots or record vids. Probably 1 of my most favorite new parts of GTA V on PS4 (alongside the new traffic variety and first person).

cresto

I love the amount of options you can have with first person mode. You can turn off tons of features, sensitivities are separated. It's all very helpful and I applaud them putting that much thought into the mode versus just slapping it on

http://youtu.be/bs2X9CFC_lM
Man, the sharing feature on PS4 is perfect for this game

heh....

6a00e54ee7b6428833013481805ce7970c-500wi

I wonder if I should do this, or will it ruin the game for me? If it saves me from pointless grinding, I'm all for it.

Maybe I could just do it and tuck all the money away into a stock until I feel like I want to redeem it.
I deleted my file where I did it, actually. Decided it would ruin the game a bit, at least for me. I'm not in a rush to get 100% everything or $2bil because I've done that before, and I just find you end up bored faster anyhow. I kept testing it a bit just because I was curious (I sort of came across it Tuesday night but I didn't realize it was a bug because I didn't make much more than $40-60,000... it wasn't until Wednesday night when F had 1mil turn into 6mil accidentally that I figured something was wrong haha.

So, I ended up reloading my earliest save where Franklin and Michael both only had about $1.5 million. I couldn't fully get rid of using it because I accidentally used it as all 3 characters but I decided I'd rather be 'poor' and enjoying salvaging money, getting a bigger sense of achievement from heists or getting more reward from robbing armoured cars... As Michael says during Marriage Counselling, 'being rich... the fire is the first thing you lose!'

Most fun that I always have in GTA V now that I've played it 10 times is often the first 10-20 hours when you're poor, struggling to save up money for your first mods, and you get your first heist payout. So I decided to try hold onto that.

And, if I ever do regret it and need money later... it's always possible to make daily 25-50% returns on the Bawsaq stock market. But you're right. You could just stash 1B into a stock, too, just to be safe. For story and roleplay reasons though, I won't do that. If Franklin still lives with his aunt then I want his in-game bank account to be poor. I'm trying to match their 'wealth' as close to the story as possible.

Top Bottom