• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

MMaRsu

Can confirm the single player stock glitch currently works at any time in the game - it's not related to the 'stock market' missions. It's also not related to switching characters. If you're going to do it, it's probably worth doing now before it's patched.

Method:
Open LCN, select Markets.
Look for the largest percent faller (red arrow) in the final column. Could be -10% or up to -25% or more.
Select that company, select buy, then add as many shares as you can afford, select buy, then confirm, then continue.
You will now see the stock under your portfolio.
IMPORTANT - DO NOT select sell all.
Instead, select the company in the list, then select sell on the graph screen.
Now select sell all, then confirm. You should now be considerably richer.
You can go back to the Markets screen and perform all over again as many times as you want without exiting the stock site.

It seems to be doubling the percentage fall and adding as profit - i.e. a -14.13% stock will gain you +28.26% profit.

Thanks so much for this :).

I'll be getting to all recent Playstation Crew applications later today, I'm stuck at work for another couple of hours. If you applied longer than 1 day ago, and still haven't been accepted, please send me a PM here.

Can confirm the single player stock glitch currently works at any time in the game - it's not related to the 'stock market' missions. It's also not related to switching characters. If you're going to do it, it's probably worth doing now before it's patched.

Method:
Look for the largest percent faller (red arrow) in the final column. Could be -10% or up to -25% or more.
Select that company, select buy, then add as many shares as you can afford, select buy, then confirm, then continue.
You can go back to the Markets screen and perform all over again as many times as you want without exiting the stock site.

It seems to be doubling the percentage fall and adding as profit - i.e. a -14.13% stock will gain you +28.26% profit.

I wish there was something like this online, lol

Hip Hop

I tried to do the Life Invader glitch.Maybe i did something wrong?

bought stock right after the mission with Franklin, couldn't save at his house since it activates a mission whenI try to go there. Quick saved instead, didn't do anything and lost money after I sold the stock.

Switched to Michael, saved at his house and lost money too

Furyous

There's a 15 hour first person trophy?! I spent six hours using that stock glitch and made 2 billion with each character. I wound up running out of stuff to buy. I set aside 15 million per character for strip clubs, 100 million for car mods, and 40 million for new cars.

Is there anyway to buy more garages for the characters? If I turn down taxi missions will that have an effect on the payout?

I'm not even 1/10 of the way through the story.

lewisgone

Love the stock glitch. Was holding out on Lester missions to make money at the end of the game but now I can have fun and buy businesses and vehicles and stuff now. That golf club was taunting me in the PS3 game, it was so expensive.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Method:

Woops, I went too far and now I have zero money. I forgot about the max money thing.

Hip Hop

Love the stock glitch. Was holding out on Lester missions to make money at the end of the game but now I can have fun and buy businesses and vehicles and stuff now. That golf club was taunting me in the PS3 game, it was so expensive.

Is there any way to make this go faster?

It seems like it will take a while to get money for buying all properties.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
What max money thing?

If you go too far, it puts you at negative money and once you gain money by killing someone or whatever, you're back at having zero money and have to start over. The max is 2.1 billion or something like that.

bryanee

If you go too far, it puts you at negative money and once you gain money by killing someone or whatever, you're back at having zero money and have to start over.

So whats the limit? I'm currently at 300 million with Franklin after 10 minutes.

Gaz_RB

I love the amount of options you can have with first person mode. You can turn off tons of features, sensitivities are separated. It's all very helpful and I applaud them putting that much thought into the mode versus just slapping it on

Now if only FPS mode actually controlled like an actual FPS....

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
No you're fine, you still have the stocks. Go back in and use - to select a fewer number to sell.

Yeah, I figured this out, but the game was constantly showing +money in the top right corner of my screen. It was bothering me so I ended up just reloading an earlier save.

RedStep

Method:

Ridiculous. When I did this LifeInvader was at -80%, so I made about 8x per transaction. Only took about 10 minutes to get all three characters to ~$1.5b (gotta leave room for income before I hit the cap). I figure it's not cheating because my 360 save has all the characters maxed out.

Thanks for the heads up!

cresto

Now if only FPS mode actually controlled like an actual FPS....

Kind of feels like rainbow six vegas 2, nice and clunky. I could be better, but its the reason I picked up the new gen copy and I am happy with it with the minimal aim assist.

Got it to work, and took advantage of it after the Lester mission-- 2 billion, bitches. But why does the game think I am broke? I should be able to pay off Martin, but he acts like I don't have the scratch...

Going to post this on Peta's Twitter....maybe...LOL

DistantSingleKitten.gif

OmL0H9c.gif

Man, I already had reservations about blowing up mountain lions. No way in hell I could so much as punch a cat in-game. I already feel awful during that "cop kills dude in peyote-cat mode" GIF.

CzarTim

Method:

Finally a game where I can roleplay as a High Frequency Trader.

Nope, just switching between characters, and if I remember correctly when the cops take your weapons you only have to re-equip them whereas I am having to buy them again.

Yeah, it happens to me from time to time. Re-loading the save fixes it. I hope R* patches this, did not happen on PS3.

Wanted to play this before I worked and holy hell it takes forever to install. One hour later and only 25%. Had to stop because I had to leave for work. Is it supposed to take that long? Digital Version BTW.

I have been playing the game for a couple of hours on PS4.
Game looks good. Looks pretty clean and some nice extra oomph details for extra immersion. People who say it looks like the PS3 version have clouded memories. Sure, it's the same game in a higher fidelity and some extras, but that is clearly visible.

Controls are a bit cluncky for my liking but i'll adjust.

Rockstar attention to detail is glorious.

Reule

I finally started playing this. I've been waiting to get my pre-order bonus but also playing Dragon Age: Inquisition on the side. Game looks so much better. The first person shooting while in a car is a bit wonky but I've been doing alright. I actually think I drive a lot better in first person than third person. All and all, lots of fun. I'll try transferring my character when it isn't Friday night. Have a feeling everyone is on tonight.

Question for those on PS4: You know the recent activities under your profile for Grand Theft Auto V? Like, "Completed a mission as Franklin" etc.? Is the game's logo showing up with it or just a stock PlayStation image?

Tigress

Method:

Thanks for this. I would rather make the money playing in game but when they don't give me any good way of doing that I would rather just get the money. I don't even mind grinding but the ways they have of making money that isn't one time events are ridiculously stingy.

Does anyone know if it still works to invest in a company and then destroy its competitors stuff (like blow up every burger hut or whatever they call it's trucks while investing in the chicken fast food place)? Honestly if that works I'd rather do that cause it would be fun and playing in game rather than glitching in money.

Vidpixel

So what do people think of the new drive-by controls (hold L1/LB to aim and press R1/RB to fire)? I get why they included the option to help increase your accuracy a tad bit, but I could never get comfortable with these new controls while driving at the same time, so I changed them back to L1 to simply fire like in the original release.

I think the stock exploit works well with the games criminal theme of get money by any means

I am sure online is down to fix things like this because R* would want to sell more Shark Cards anyway which I was going to buy to save grind time and have more toys

1Billion offline make the fun worry free I have other games too lol can't grind for months
this is the get rich fast mentality of crime lords nurtured by Rockstar lol

newsguy

Was just told I needed to dl an update. Immediately paused it. I need to exploit this money glitch before it getshows patch

Top Bottom