• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Chris_C

The game's been installing for about 5 minutes and it's still at 0% (I've completed the mandatory 600MB initial download and downloaded 5GB of 44).

Is this normal?

Having a hard time navigating online. Seems really overthought and awkward. Sorry if that's a retread complaint from last gen. Rally wish there was an easy way to just play some deathmatch. It seems. It doesn't work or nobody is playing on the ps4. Going via cell phone/quick jobs seems empty.

Damn that sucks to hear, can anyone else confirm PS4 online seems like a ghost town? Was actually considering a ps plus subscription for this, now not so sure if it's hard to find lobbies for DM.

Me, as Franklin, hiding out in his house from the police.

EnchantingBoringCommabutterfly.gif

hahaha that is so good. i genuinely chucked out loud.

How you all got all that money to invest? You finish the game with like 1mil.
you should finish with at least 25-40 mil...

but this is not even close to the end. this is before Trevor and Franklin even meet... they had a bit of money and the glitch had already been repeated a few times before the video.

BTW i decide not to use my file with this money bug or whatever it is .... I'm going to keep it just in case for reference I guess but I'm going to continue the story with M and F both having just 1mil and T having about 200k...

i've already got 100% on ps3 so i'm in no rush to buy properties, and I think I'll enjoy the game more if money and heist rewards actually mean something. going to try not to abuse the stock market as much as possible and see how much money i can make

later, if I regret it, I can always use Bawsaq to make more.

YoodlePro

I think I might have just done the dumbest thing ever. I invested around 260k in LifeInvader after the assassination at $40. I'm never gonna make money on that stock, am I?

Uploaded a small clip of my first successful liberation of a fighter jet from the military base for a friend who loves flight sims and other aeronautic games. I flew it to the airport but don't yet have a hangar or anything, so this is just me flying around the mountains and desert, including a risky fly through the wind farm.

GTA V - Majestic Fighter Jet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUj_jiYJR0U

leng jai

Have to admit I'm loving this game now that you can actually play it relatively smoothly. The port could be better but I'm happy enough. The new found clarity/smoothness combined with the immersion and sense of exploration trump the flawed controls.

Did this happen to anyone else? I went to download the latest update patch for this on ps4 (version 1.02) I think it is. I went to install it it but I got an error message saying it couldn't install. Then it wouldn't let me redownload the patch when I tried it again and says it's already installed and the information says version 1.02 when I check now.

Great, just did my character transfer on ps4 and now it won't connect to online at all, keeps giving me an error. Anyone else having trouble getting online right now? Hoping the transfer didn't screw something up.

This game feels so much better with the first-person controls. They got rid of the awful Rockstar heaviness, so you never have to worry about wrestling your dude through doorways and struggling in tight corridors. You push the analogue stick all the way forward and he moves at a light, nimble jog, and you just click the stick once to sprint rather than mashing it for the entire game. I love it so much. Nothing worse than a character that controls shittily.

I was stunned to see how many control options there are in the menu (who's ever heard of an FOV slider in a console game?), but one thing I really wish they'd added was the ability to toggle the turbulence off in aircraft. It was rubbish in the last-gen versions, and it only feels worse in first-person. First thing I did after the opening mission was fly around Los Santos in a helicopter, and it just feels like someone's playing with your controls the whole time. I think GTA V's aircraft controls are the best in the series, but that random buffeting from turbulence is just the worst.

thenexus6

Funny, I am not really liking first person at all.. shooting is clunkier than the Rainbow Six games (if thats even possible). Rolling and going into cover while shooting is very strange and forget shooting and driving its practically impossible. I have to switch to third person every time. Towing cars with Tanya is impossible too.

Driving is okay, expect you obviously can't see oncoming cars left and right - also why are the mirrors all blurry? Its like R* forgot to animate them. Riding motorcycles and bicycles is fun because of the speed and wide viewing angle though.

Think i'll get my 15 hour trophy and stop using it.

Also, is there anyway to switch only the sprint button in first person mode? Having it as X / A is awkward as you are unable to move the right stick so you can't see. (Same thing happened with Splinter cell Blacklist.)

The OP says all the weapons that were included post-release were included in this version, but I'm still unable to buy some of them like the minigun and bullpup rifle. Any reason why that is?

I would like to know too, I don't have access to anything really? Does this remaster have all the DLC? I can't see the independence day, 40s gangster etc stuff anywhere

The OP says all the weapons that were included post-release were included in this version, but I'm still unable to buy some of them like the minigun and bullpup rifle. Any reason why that is?

Angst

Funny, I am not really liking first person at all.. shooting is clunkier than the Rainbow Six games (if thats even possible). Rolling and going into cover while shooting is very strange and forget shooting and driving its practically impossible. I have to switch to third person every time. Towing cars with Tanya is impossible too.

Driving is okay, expect you obviously can't see oncoming cars left and right - also why are the mirrors all blurry? Its like R* forgot to animate them. Riding motorcycles and bicycles is fun because of the speed and wide viewing angle though.

Think i'll get my 15 hour trophy and stop using it.

Also, is there anyway to switch only the sprint button in first person mode? Having it as X / A is awkward as you are unable to move the right stick so you can't see. (Same thing happened with Splinter cell Blacklist.)

I would like to know too, I don't have access to anything really? Does this remaster have all the DLC? I can't see the independence day, 40s gangster etc stuff anywhere
If it is anything like GTA Last-Gen you need to progress through the story to unlock weapons.

MisterM

This game feels so much better with the first-person controls. They got rid of the awful Rockstar heaviness, so you never have to worry about wrestling your dude through doorways and struggling in tight corridors. You push the analogue stick all the way forward and he moves at a light, nimble jog, and you just click the stick once to sprint rather than mashing it for the entire game. I love it so much. Nothing worse than a character that controls shittily.

WHAT!? You can remap the hold X to run control?

WHAT!? You can remap the hold X to run control?

Yep. It's in the Controls menu under 'Alternate Control Schemes' or something like that. Keep clicking through them and eventually you'll get one called 'Standard FPS', I think, which lets you sprint with L3 and crouch with X.

danowat

Banned
So I just spawned on a farm in Grapeseed as drunk Trevor with pigs and cows. The attention to detail is mindblowing.
This reminds me of a sort of PSA... PRO TIP for everyone: remember to often switch characters, hangout or make phone calls, etc.

Some times these things just add flavour but there can also be unique story relevant stuff.

Franklin has a unique scene with Tanisha when you switch to him in the afternoon.

Michael and Trevor have some good talks about how Michael feels about him being back and how he acted 10 years ago when they hangout. It's actually great context and it helps build Michael's character and POV.
And the fact I think you can tell he's lying.

Hangout can sometimes provide context comments, like Michael will sarcastically comment on Trevor's vehicle choice if it's weird such as a cop car. If Trevor accidentally kills Michael, as Michael, he'll text you after you spawn and apologize. Vice versa and Michael will text and say he looked so peaceful laying on the ground and he hopes that the hospital people didn't touch him funny... and Trevor will say, when he spawns at the hospital "what? no hospital pick-up, Mikey?"... if T accidentally kills M as T, M will text him saying "ha! not so fast!"

There's so funny stuff if you try to find M or T during certain parts of the game where they aren't supposed to be able to talk/meet/etc...
like if T shows up at M's house when they're arguing, or M confronts T on the street and tries to attack him haha.
. These things won't happen for very long.

A lot of missions have multiple very different or very long conversations. During Marriage Counseling, the conversation M and F have is very long, like 2-3 minutes, and it's very easy to miss most of it if you drive at regular speed. After Hood Safari, there are actually 4 totally unique conversations depending on
who you escape as and who you escape with: F & L talk about CJ and GTA SA; F and T talk about North Yankton but T and F talk about M being a bad influence.
Those last two provide some useful story context.

Ron tells Trevor he's too sensitive if you call him between Mr Philips and before Crytal Maze, and Trevor agrees.

If you call Stretch as Franklin shortly after The Long Stretch, they argue.

If you switch to Trevor after Minor Turbulence, Predator, and I think Paleto Score Setup... there's 1 scene where Trevor talks about cooking meth in his meth lab (it never ever spawns again after this point).

There's a rare event where you can fight Simeon that only spawns between Surveying the Score and The Jewelry Store Heist.

Technically you can Hangout with all 3 characters if they're all available.. unique 3 person conversations, your 2 friends will shoot and kill people who are hostile to you. Makes for some awesome free roam shootouts and car chases.

These are just a few quick ones that I recalled quickly... Lots of stuff like this.... most of the time it's just cool (e.g. Scooter Brothers) or flavour (Lamar talking about being a native) but there are some pretty good.

Just remember to often Switch Characters, Hangout, check the Radio News and Web News, Bleeter, Lifeinvader... all this stuff updates contextually to the story. Try do everything after every mission.

p.s. random tip that is easy to miss but is cool: Trevor's brown leather jacket named Lonewolf at Suburban actually has a big Air Force wolf head on the back. It's the only jacket for Trevor that has a big graphic on the back.
Any infos on stock market actions like they were in PS3/X360 versions one year ago :D
check the last page or two, lots of good posts from folks about it. Assassination payouts seem nerfed... but you can still make big money on Baqsaq. There seems to be a bug with Lifeinvader, too -- there's a video showing it on the last page.

Slightly different method but works all the same. Try selling right after you buy, without switching. Should work too

So buy LifeInvader stock and sell it immediately after? This works every time? I don't have to switch?

The video seemed a bit convoluted.

WITHE1982

Yep. It's in the Controls menu under 'Alternate Control Schemes' or something like that. Keep clicking through them and eventually you'll get one called 'Standard FPS', I think, which lets you sprint with L3 and crouch with X.

Thanks for this. I'll be changing over my control scheme tonight. I'm always forgetting that sprint is X when playing. My muscle memory just doesn't seem to want to accept it.

This reminds me of a sort of PSA... PRO TIP for everyone: remember to often switch characters, hangout or make phone calls, etc.

Some times these things just add flavour but there can also be unique story relevant stuff.

Franklin has a unique scene with Tanisha when you switch to him in the afternoon.

Michael and Trevor have some good talks about how Michael feels about him being back and how he acted 10 years ago when they hangout. It's actually great context and it helps build Michael's character and POV.
And the fact I think you can tell he's lying.

Hangout can sometimes provide context comments, like Michael will sarcastically comment on Trevor's vehicle choice if it's weird such as a cop car. If Trevor accidentally kills Michael, as Michael, he'll text you after you spawn and apologize. Vice versa and Michael will text and say he looked so peaceful laying on the ground and he hopes that the hospital people didn't touch him funny... and Trevor will say, when he spawns at the hospital "what? no hospital pick-up, Mikey?"... if T accidentally kills M as T, M will text him saying "ha! not so fast!"

There's so funny stuff if you try to find M or T during certain parts of the game where they aren't supposed to be able to talk/meet/etc...
like if T shows up at M's house when they're arguing, or M confronts T on the street and tries to attack him haha.
. These things won't happen for very long.

A lot of missions have multiple very different or very long conversations. During Marriage Counseling, the conversation M and F have is very long, like 2-3 minutes, and it's very easy to miss most of it if you drive at regular speed. After Hood Safari, there are actually 4 totally unique conversations depending on
who you escape as and who you escape with: F & L talk about CJ and GTA SA; F and T talk about North Yankton but T and F talk about M being a bad influence.
Those last two provide some useful story context.

Ron tells Trevor he's too sensitive if you call him between Mr Philips and before Crytal Maze, and Trevor agrees.

If you call Stretch as Franklin shortly after The Long Stretch, they argue.

If you switch to Trevor after Minor Turbulence, Predator, and I think Paleto Score Setup... there's 1 scene where Trevor talks about cooking meth in his meth lab (it never ever spawns again after this point).

There's a rare event where you can fight Simeon that only spawns between Surveying the Score and The Jewelry Store Heist.

Technically you can Hangout with all 3 characters if they're all available.. unique 3 person conversations, your 2 friends will shoot and kill people who are hostile to you. Makes for some awesome free roam shootouts and car chases.

These are just a few quick ones that I recalled quickly... Lots of stuff like this.... most of the time it's just cool (e.g. Scooter Brothers) or flavour (Lamar talking about being a native) but there are some pretty good.

Just remember to often Switch Characters, Hangout, check the Radio News and Web News, Bleeter, Lifeinvader... all this stuff updates contextually to the story. Try do everything after every mission.

p.s. random tip that is easy to miss but is cool: Trevor's brown leather jacket named Lonewolf at Suburban actually has a big Air Force wolf head on the back. It's the only jacket for Trevor that has a big graphic on the back.

check the last page or two, lots of good posts from folks about it. Assassination payouts seem nerfed... but you can still make big money on Baqsaq. There seems to be a bug with Lifeinvader, too -- there's a video showing it on the last page.

Wow, that is so impressive. Thanks for the insight, so easy to miss most of that.

Wow, that is so impressive. Thanks for the insight, so easy to miss most of that.
another one I just remembered (I'm playing right now so just opened my laptop again quick before I forget haha)

It's about Michael and his personal finances. I think most people know he's not good at stock trading. Lester comments on it during... Friend Request, I think. Also, Amanda comments on it if you Accept her request during her first Side Event.

But Michael has one Switch Scene that spawns I think after Heist 1 but stop spawning later in the game around
Reuniting the Family or especially after the ending when he becomes happy
. He's in west LS near the plaza there, and there's 2 or 3 different 'lines' he will say about "always paying his debt" or "the stock market has been rough!".

Also, his Therapist events actually have different lines depending on when you do them. For example, if you do the 2nd event after Three's Company or I think especially after Heist 2, Michael talks more about the crazy events that happened in those scenes. But if you do the Therapist Event just after Dead Man Walking, he just talks about being a 'gun runner' and how he lose so much money to "scams, the stock market, the house", etc... Much of this scene is the same. The 'Accept or Deny Advice' reactions are the same. The comment about "Do you believe in evil" is the same. But there are a few lines that are unique depending on which mission you go see him after.

A lot of this stuff really helps build the characters. You get more insight into their concerns, past events, personal finances, their emotional state or if they sound flustered, lying, etc when talking, and in general their personal hobbies, activities, relationships. I think the stuff with Franklin and Stretch or Tanisha, the stuff about Michael explaining himself to Trevor during Hangouts, the stuff about personal finances for Michael, etc really help flesh them out more.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Does this version of the game still have psychic cops? I hated killing someone silently in the middle of nowhere and getting wanted stars.

Also how are the FPS controls? They look a little clunky in videos.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Does this version of the game still have psychic cops? I hated killing someone silently in the middle of nowhere and getting wanted stars.

Also how are the FPS controls? They look a little clunky in videos.
Yes and yes they are awkward.

I wanna see the next GTA use the Watch Dogs method of police. People should be actually phoning the police every time the police come, and you should be given he opportunity to silence people before they get a chance to call the cops.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Yes and yes they are awkward.

I wanna see the next GTA use the Watch Dogs method of police. People should be actually phoning the police every time the police come, and you should be given he opportunity to silence people before they get a chance to call the cops.
Psychic cops is kind of a deal breaker for me. Red Dead Redemption did it right. They even marked witnesses on your mini-map.

TCRS

Banned
holy. fucking. shit.

this is the game I always wanted. so big, so beautiful and detailed. I can't wait till it gets dark because then the game just becomes drop dead gorgeous. all those lights, that atmosphere.

I'm loving it.

pupcoffee

GAF, I present to you the Sticky Bomb Roulette of Doom

Step 1: Have car

Step 2: Put sticky bombs on sides of car

Step 3: Get wanted level (whatever level you're happy with)

Step 4: Run from police and feel the heat of every law enforcement gunshot having a chance of hitting and detonating one of the bombs. Survive as long as you can.

The alternate on-foot version involves coating a small area with bombs like on the walls and stuff and holding up in it during a police shootout.

Top Bottom