• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

1:00 AM EST edit - still streamin

I'm streaming GTA V on Twitch.TV if anyone is interested in joining me! I'll be playing for a while. I think I'm going to make this a nightly habit. I play first person only across the board, free aim, FOV maxed, so if there's anyone out there who wants to see lots of first person action in motion, this is the place. There'll be lots of driving and piloting - I like to look around from inside the vehicle to check out nice views and other characters driving with me as they talk as it adds to the immersion -, lots of first person shootery, and missions/other fun stuff, so check it out!

Here's some samples of what you're in for if you decide to follow the link
KR3zXq.gif
mGYzwN.gif

yxz9qr.gif

So is there any advantage to having the on foot field of view smaller?

just a preferential sort of thing. Just change it real quick, unpause, then change it again to see the difference for yourself. I prefer it maxed personally

I never reset the game though, this was all in one session. Maybe it won't work when I next boot it up. Who knows.

And also there wasn't a theoretical reason why I was making money. I should have been losing it. The numbers didn't add up.

Just did this. Worked perfectly.

Completed the Lifeinvader mission and invested with Michael immediately. Lester called me to say good job. Saved my game in a bed. Loaded up the save. Sell all. Then Buy. Sell all. Buy. Etc.

After getting Michael maxed out I switched to Franklin. Didn't save with him at all just started buying and selling right away on the street.

I made sure to always select the Lifeinvader stock specifically in My Portfolio every time I did it. I don't know if this actually affects whether it works or not, but I was too paranoid to try once without doing so in fear that it'd fuck up the glitch.

Thanks for letting us know about this!

Furyous

I went and completed Lester's assassination mission as soon as possible. Did I lock myself out of any missions later on with Lamar or anyone else in that same hood? Why did Denise send me that vicious text for no reason when she wanted me gone in the first place?

I'm doing that reset trick ASAP thanks for the tip.

I never reset the game though, this was all in one session. Maybe it won't work when I next boot it up. Who knows.

And also there wasn't a theoretical reason why I was making money. I should have been losing it. The numbers didn't add up.
Interesting... I thought I noticed it happen to me, too, without reloading... my M made like 60% on LIF. But F made 120% after a reload.

And my numbers don't add up, too. LIF said +120% return but it was actually +500% return. I invested 1mil but I got 6mil back. It was crazy...

I actually don't like how rich Franklin is now :p feels like it breaks the feeling of achievement and progression in the game haha Franklin still lives with his aunt but has 7mil in his bank account lol

i'm going to try recreate it for M and T to even them out, like try get them all 7 million, and then maybe waste it on properties or something... maybe just waste it on cars. not sure yet. i like to 'roleplay' in GTA V a bit, play realistically, and I don't really like how weird it feels to have so much cash early on haha. I was hoping to make 1 mil, maaaybe 2 mil. but 7 mil while he lives with his aunt, and Trevor has barely 100k and M just 1 mil is a bit weird.

KAP151

So let me get this right,

You can win the Cheval Marshall Monster Truck from round 5 of stock car races, but cant fit it in your garage (the one you buy in the city) and have to rebuy it online for 250K?

Ugh, what?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

You can win the Cheval Marshall Monster Truck from round 5 of stock car races, but cant fit it in your garage (the one you buy in the city) and have to rebuy it online for 250K?

Ugh, what?

Should be in the airport hangar.

Completed the Lifeinvader mission and invested with Michael immediately. Lester called me to say good job. Saved my game in a bed. Loaded up the save. Sell all. Then Buy. Sell all. Buy. Etc.

After getting Michael maxed out I switched to Franklin. Didn't save with him at all just started buying and selling right away on the street.

I made sure to always select the Lifeinvader stock specifically in My Portfolio every time I did it. I don't know if this actually affects whether it works or not, but I was too paranoid to try once without doing so in fear that it'd fuck up the glitch.

so you both did it after the Lifeinvader mission?

I did it after Dead Man Walking... I'll try again soon after Three's Company.

I wonder if it works any time after the LIF mission and it's specifically just this one stock that's bugged. I'll try Vangelico and also Merryweather, Cluckin Bell, Gruppe Sechs later, too.

drotahorror

Why does this game never save my settings?

Have to turn subtitles on, invert, vehicle camera far, adjust volume, every.single.time.

A good mission to get used to FPS shooting and tune the options is doing the red neck strangers and freaks mission near Trevor, the one where he gets upset at 2 guys then has to mow down 45 people and blow up two cars under a timer. If I remember there are two ?s near Trevor one is the lady who has you be a bounty hunter, and the other is this one.

Try as I might I can't get a better score with free-aim vs auto aim. In fact passing the mission with a bronze with free-aim is difficult without going into his special ability L3+R3 mode.

But you can sure have fun re-doing it until the sliders are about as good as you're going to get them.

Dug

Banned

Ugh, what?
I couldn't fit it into my garage but all 5 of the stock cars were in there when I was in my garage earlier.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

I'll retry this in a bit.

Moozo

Glad my vague instructions were of help. Doesn't sound like it's that complicated really as long as you invest right after LifeInvader.

i'm going to try recreate it for M and T to even them out, like try get them all 7 million, and then maybe waste it on properties or something... maybe just waste it on cars. not sure yet. i like to 'roleplay' in GTA V a bit, play realistically, and I don't really like how weird it feels to have so much cash early on haha. I was hoping to make 1 mil, maaaybe 2 mil. but 7 mil while he lives with his aunt, and Trevor has barely 100k and M just 1 mil is a bit weird.

I know what you mean. I kind of feel the same. However, the upshot is that you can forget about the stocks for the rest of the game and do the assassination missions, heists etc whenever you want and not have to worry about whether you're investing at the right times and things.

Sweet, did I miss something or are you just supposed to stumble across that randomly?
No it's not obvious, really. A lot of people wondered about tanks or the big army transport trucks last year, too. It's a bit more obvious for Trevor because you probably drive by the hangar often and it seems like a good place to put a big truck or tank but it's a weird choice for M and not really explained well. Originally it was more just for tanks and it sort of makes sense to put a tank in a hangar. But they added monster trucks like 9 months after release so it was probably the only location to tag them onto.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can confirm Moozo's trick works well after the LifeInvader mission. I was able to do it much further into the campaign, so that Trevor could make use of it as well. Nice find. Franklin is already in the 6 millions just after 2 sells when I was at 500k.
Sweet, did I miss something or are you just supposed to stumble across that randomly?

It's mentioned on the 'returning player' image they put out before launch.

I know what you mean. I kind of feel the same. However, the upshot is that you can forget about the stocks for the rest of the game and do the assassination missions, heists etc whenever you want and not have to worry about whether you're investing at the right times and things.
Yeah and almost any way to make money in the game is a bit cheesy... whether it's the ASSN method last-gen or abusing Baqsaq stocks (making 5 different files each night with a different stock and then in the morning choosing whichever one went up the most). It's hard to make enough money if you play the game naturally without prior knowledge (Lester never tells you which stocks until after mission stocks so impossible to naturally invest in them with M or T)... I think most people barely have 50 million the first time you play the game naturally.

So any way to make real money is a bit unnatural anyhow. If this new one is a bug though, I'd rather not use it... (Don't really care about rushing to buy Properties because I already have a 100% file). I'd rather give money a bit more 'worth' rather than make it pointless. So, I may reload an old save before Franklin cheesed the 7 million and try to keep their 'wealth' more realistic to the story.

Moozo

I can confirm Moozo's trick works well after the LifeInvader mission. I was able to do it much further into the campaign, so that Trevor could make use of it as well. Nice find. Franklin is already in the 6 millions just after 2 sells when I was at 500k.
Was that Vangelico, out of interest? First thing I did when I got Trevor was lump on that and save and it worked again. Or still LifeInvader?

Just standing on the beach near a bonfire in first person while I'm doing other stuff around the house, watching the tide roll in, listening to Los Santos Radio.

Best screensaver ever.

Was that Vangelico, out of interest? First thing I did when I got Trevor was lump on that and save and it worked again. Or still LifeInvader?
It worked for me on Vangelico, too, I think...

I didn't know it was a bug and I didn't reset it or anything, but last-gen Vangelico never went up until after the Paleto Bay Score (and then it went back to its original normal price). But now, when Trevor as alone in the desert, I made like 18% on Vangelico... so that's different.

I had made about 60% alongside LIF later after Dead Man Walking, but I haven't seen it reset (go up and down) or tried to save/reload or anything with it yet. But it's definitely going up and behaving differently than last-gen.

It worked for me on Vangelico, too, I think...

I didn't know it was a bug and I didn't reset it or anything, but last-gen Vangelico never went up until after the Paleto Bay Score (and then it went back to its original normal price). But now, when Trevor as alone in the desert, I made like 18% on Vangelico... so that's different.

I had made about 60% alongside LIF later after Dead Man Walking, but I haven't seen it reset (go up and down) or tried to save/reload or anything with it yet. But it's definitely going up and behaving differently than last-gen.

I must be doing this wrong or something. I just finished Dead Man Walking, went on my phone, bought all the shares I could on VAG and resold them, made $0. Is that all I'm supposed to do?,

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Where's the official GAF GTA5 Club? Kind of boring being in this dead and abandoned UGUU one. Hosted by Duckroll apparently =P
I think.

Moozo

I must be doing this wrong or something. I just finished Dead Man Walking, went on my phone, bought all the shares I could on VAG and resold them, made $0. Is that all I'm supposed to do?,

Vangelico is post jewellery heist. Hence, when you first get Trevor it's the one you want to lump on as it's right afterwards.

I just tried again after Three's Company and I'm able to re-create it.

I loaded the game and LIF was about $7. I put all of M's money in it, saved, and switched to T. It crashed to $3. I bought with T, and then sold and rebought at $3 with M.

I saved, reloaded the save, and it was $4. Sell, rebuy, and save.

Reloaded again and it was $7. Repeat.

Reloaded again and it was $13.

Basically every time I'm reloading, I'm able to get new price movement, and the stock can keep crashing/going back up... It did the same thing after Dead Man Walking, I bought at $3 with F and sold it I guess at $18 (it said +120% but my profit was +500%).

So it seems like it's related to saving/reloading and stock price movements resetting or 'triggering again) every time you reload the game. At least for me, but I'm able to recreate it now and I think I could effectively keep doing it until the $2.1 billion cap.

Chris_C

For folks who got the digital version, can you tell me how much you have to download before you can explore the open world?

I know the initial PlayGo download is 600MB, I'm guessing that's just the North Yankton mission though.

Couple of questions for you fine folks:

I won the Burger Shot stock car, but then I ended up investigating that random event where you
see a car in the middle of nowhere and when you approach it (as Trevor) you get hit with a taser and wake up on the train tracks.
I can't find the Burger Shot car now. :( Has it been stored somewhere?

So I've been playing with the new options a bit, but I can't seem to figure out how much of an effect the Depth of Field option has. Has there been a consensus on what the preferred option is with that? What, exactly, is the major difference that it makes?

So I'm reading up on the field-of-view option...seems like the preferences for this one are all over the map?

The fact that the camera auto-centers in first-person when you stop moving is annoying, but I'm getting used to it. Was there no option to turn that off? Anyone think Rockstar might implement such an option?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I am so into the story. This game is spellbinding.

Acorn

Wait will this vangelico heist stock glitch still work for me?

I haven't done the next heist yet just random shit and the first set up mission for the next heist and the stock is up but still way below its last price.

I was in the desert with Trevor just doing random free roam, kinda immersed and into the moment... I was switching radio stations trying to find the news.

And, then, I Want It That Way came on the radio for the first time... haha wow. This game.

First time I heard Danger Zone or I Woke Up in a New Buggati were hilarious, too. Such aware and fitting music choices in this game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Just LifeInvader. Going to buy up all the available property and see if it can be refilled.

how i do i lock driving as 3rd person and on foot as 1st?

enable independent camera modes in the games settings

I'm streaming GTA V on Twitch.TV if anyone is interested in joining me! I'll be playing for a while. I think I'm going to make this a nightly habit. I play first person only across the board, free aim, FOV maxed, so if there's anyone out there who wants to see lots of first person action in motion, this is the place. There'll be lots of driving and piloting - I like to look around from inside the vehicle to check out nice views and other characters driving with me as they talk as it adds to the immersion -, lots of first person shootery, and missions/other fun stuff, so check it out!

reposting my stream, gonna be on for another hour or so

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kinda funny. Unknown Hinson has a song in Saint's Row The Third. Hinson voices Early Cuyler in the show Squidbillies. The host of Rebel Radio in GTA V is Jesco White who voices Early's dad in the show.

What a coincidence.

Top Bottom