• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

shandy706

Going to post this on Peta's Twitter....maybe...LOL

DistantSingleKitten.gif

Turnbl

I'm not sure. I tried it on the worst 'random stock' in my game which is Animal Ark....

Probably worth mentioning I was only a few missions in with Franklin when I tried. It works every single time with stocks with a greater negative than -10%.

I have just unlocked Michael and exactly the same for him. The profit is double the fall percentage made positive.

Maybe the story stock market missions are adding an extra variable into the mix that isn't quite understood, or maybe that's a separate bug?

At least people have the choice from the start.

Megasoum

Banned
I just realized something... Did they remove the scoring stuff at the end of all the missions? Like the optional objectives and all that?

Nafai1123

Banned
Stumbled upon that stock glitch by accident. Decided to buy stock in Lifeinvader and some other peanuts on the dollar stock. Played for a bit and saved. The next day Lifeinvader had gone up a few points but the other one had gone down. Sold all my stock in both (from the stock pages themselves and not my portfolio page) and ended up getting over 100k in profit despite only investing 20k in each.

I can't bring myself to do this. I kicked one once and felt awful.

Fuck dogs though. Shoot em all I say.

I was driving in FP and a dog ran out into the road, and I instinctively slammed the breaks and swerved to miss it. I don't know if I would have reacted the same way had I not been in FP.

And for the first time on PS4 last night I drove all the way around the map in FP and it felt unlike anything I've experienced in a game before. FP driving is the SHIT.

Can confirm the single player stock glitch currently works at any time in the game - it's not related to the 'stock market' missions. It's also not related to switching characters. If you're going to do it, it's probably worth doing now before it's patched.

Method:
Open LCN, select Markets.
Look for the largest percent faller (red arrow) in the final column. Could be -10% or up to -25% or more.
Select that company, select buy, then add as many shares as you can afford, select buy, then confirm, then continue.
You will now see the stock under your portfolio.
IMPORTANT - DO NOT select sell all.
Instead, select the company in the list, then select sell on the graph screen.
Now select sell all, then confirm. You should now be considerably richer.
You can go back to the Markets screen and perform all over again as many times as you want without exiting the stock site.

It seems to be doubling the percentage fall and adding as profit - i.e. a -14.13% stock will gain you +28.26% profit.
this is goddamn fantastic

ymgve

The stock market glitch is so odd. All stocks have a "High" price that's shown on the info and buy pages. But when selling, there's a different "High" price, and this is the price that's used as a basis when selling, not the current price. As far as I can tell, for most stocks, the current and "fake-high" prices are close enough that you don't notice the bug, which I guess is why this slipped through testing. But LifeInvader has such a huge gap that it becomes easy to double/triple your cash each time you sell.

The stock market glitch is so odd. All stocks have a "High" price that's shown on the info and buy pages. But when selling, there's a different "High" price, and this is the price that's used as a basis when selling, not the current price. As far as I can tell, for most stocks, the current and "fake-high" prices are close enough that you don't notice the bug, which I guess is why this slipped through testing. But LifeInvader has such a huge gap that it becomes easy to double/triple your cash each time you sell.

Mine is going up by 10x every time I sell. I just did Franklin's from 200k to 200m in 2 minutes.

The new music is so damn good. I couldn't believe they add "6 Underground" by Sneaker Pimps. Loved that song since "The Saint". Swimming Pools, I got 5 on it, the list of awesome is endless.

I preordered but I haven't played yet due to Dragon Age Inquisition. Is the million dollar code in the game case or was that an email code? I don't see an email from Best buy with the code and I don't see a code in the case.

ymgve

Did a bit more research, and it seems I was mistaken - the "high" on the sell page is not the price you get. The leftmost price on a stock's chart (So, the price as it was five days ago) seems to be the one used. Basically, LifeInvader works because it has such a dramatic drop, while most other stocks seem to stay the same over five days. (Also, the "high" on the sell page seems to be the 5-day high price, so the highest point on the chart)

the returns are messed up, too... sometimes when I recreate the bug, it will say both in the portfolio and on the stock that my return is +120%, -60%... even 0. but for all 3 returns I will get the same +600%

stock market % were always weird on LCN last-gen too, and on the Bawsaq the 'returns' in your portfolio often never matched the actual profit. i remember last year we used to all organize farming HAL or PIS on here, GTAF, Reddit, etc, and usually it would say +20% or +40% but we were actually getting like +80% or +100%

so there's always been problems with returns, daily highs and lows, etc... never really works or makes sense, often what's presented is wrong, etc.

ymgve

Those of you that can't get it to work - how does the LifeInvader chart look for you? If the leftmost price (what you apparently sell for) is close to the rightmost price (what you buy for), it won't work well.

Tried it both ways and nothing.
Do this.

Can confirm the single player stock glitch currently works at any time in the game - it's not related to the 'stock market' missions. It's also not related to switching characters. If you're going to do it, it's probably worth doing now before it's patched.

Method:
Open LCN, select Markets.
Look for the largest percent faller (red arrow) in the final column. Could be -10% or up to -25% or more.
Select that company, select buy, then add as many shares as you can afford, select buy, then confirm, then continue.
You will now see the stock under your portfolio.
IMPORTANT - DO NOT select sell all.
Instead, select the company in the list, then select sell on the graph screen.
Now select sell all, then confirm. You should now be considerably richer.
You can go back to the Markets screen and perform all over again as many times as you want without exiting the stock site.

It seems to be doubling the percentage fall and adding as profit - i.e. a -14.13% stock will gain you +28.26% profit.

ymgve

Stock exploit 101:

Does your stock chart look like this?
KQ4bwQG.jpg

Then you're all set. Go hog wild.

Does your stock chart look like this?
TYFmnqf.jpg

Tough luck, try to find another stock that looks like the upper picture.

The main point seems to be that the leftmost point of the chart should be much higher than the rightmost point. If they are basically at the same level (Which most stocks are) you won't get any glitched profits.

Top Bottom