• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

I only had access to two guys so far but got both of them to $2B just incase a fix comes before I get to Trevor's airplane shopping money

Can Franklin fly well enough to own planes?

Broke for me too.. What a piece of shit. So far everything online this gen has been horrible. I don't even play multiplayer games for the most part but breaking the single player is like the devs are friggin useless with patches. I wish everyone wouldn't buy the game until after a week after release. Might have to follow my own rule

Maaaan this scene is so good... the especially between Michael and Trevor, the facial animations and dialogue tone is so good, the acting is so well done.

SPOILERS: Fame or Shame mission intro cutscene

love how the easy Share feature lets you capture small random events haha like once I was taking pics while my car was parked a bit in traffic near a sidewalk... and some random dude just steals my car! haha

Tigress

Ahhh.....you get money from story progression and completing bigger heists. Lol. By the time the main campaign is over you should have plenty of money to buy things with. I don't see how playing through a story is "grindy".

You don't get that much money compared to what things cost and if you want the big payoff you have to save all your money 'til the end (at which point you've already finished the game). And that is when the stock markets weren't nerfed (They nerfed them for the new versions). So you really can't even make big money that way anymore either (not to mention I really dislike the idea that I play the game poor as f*ck because I gotta save all my money towards the end if I want to have enough money to buy whatever I want and not worry about running out and only have money to play at the end of the game).

And, all the big payoffs you get are all one time events. There's no really good way to make even a moderate amount of income as you play, you just end up with a set amount you can spend (which you cannot afford everything). All I really want is some good repeatable ways to make money (so once I spend some I can get more). I just want to be sure even if I spend all my money, I can make a good amount more (Especially as you lose cars so easily so if you want to spend a lot of money customizing a car you could easily lose that money). Kinda like they have online (lots of repeatable ways. Steal cars, sell them. Missions, Simeon's missions, assassination targets). Also, and stuff that may not pay off as big but is more a gaurentee than the stock market.

I instead am settling for glitching the money to get more than I'll ever need. To keep my goals though I've set it that I cannot buy cars, I have to find them and steal them in game. Money is for guns and customizations. Cause yes, I do want to have some goals in game. As I said, I would have preferred to earn the money in game, not glitch it. But them not giving me any good way to assure I can make money even if I lose it on stupid stuff I'll settle for this.

Instead of being snarky, you could be helpful you know (like answer my question on if you can still manipulate the stock market by blowing up stuff from rival companys).

Coolade

Anyone know what the patch did?

all the patch did was break the game. i cant get online. and when i loaded back into single player all of my weapons were gone. great. putting this away for awhile. god only knows what the heist update is going to do.

I've seen a few videos about doing crew challenges that net you a Billion
$250K bets but when I tried one I crashed and lost all of my money

but online is where I really want a Billion to mess with but since it has level grinding I'll just earn stuff the hard way

You don't get that much money compared to what things cost and if you want the big payoff you have to save all your money 'til the end (at which point you've already finished the game). And that is when the stock markets weren't nerfed (They nerfed them for the new versions). So you really can't even make big money that way anymore either (not to mention I really dislike the idea that I play the game poor as f*ck because I gotta save all my money towards the end if I want to have enough money to buy whatever I want and not worry about running out and only have money to play at the end of the game).

And, all the big payoffs you get are all one time events. There's no really good way to make even a moderate amount of income as you play, you just end up with a set amount you can spend (which you cannot afford everything). All I really want is some good repeatable ways to make money (so once I spend some I can get more). I just want to be sure even if I spend all my money, I can make a good amount more (Especially as you lose cars so easily so if you want to spend a lot of money customizing a car you could easily lose that money). Kinda like they have online (lots of repeatable ways. Steal cars, sell them. Missions, Simeon's missions, assassination targets). Also, and stuff that may not pay off as big but is more a gaurentee than the stock market.

I instead am settling for glitching the money to get more than I'll ever need. To keep my goals though I've set it that I cannot buy cars, I have to find them and steal them in game. Money is for guns and customizations. Cause yes, I do want to have some goals in game. As I said, I would have preferred to earn the money in game, not glitch it. But them not giving me any good way to assure I can make money even if I lose it on stupid stuff I'll settle for this.

Instead of being snarky, you could be helpful you know (like answer my question on if you can still manipulate the stock market by blowing up stuff from rival companys).
when you're playing much of the story, armoured cars and smuggling missions are a pretty good way... (you probably know this; i'm just making conversation). armored car heists are about $10,000 and once you kinda know where the spawn, it's easy to get an extra 1-2 between most missions.two smuggling missions take maybe 6-7 minutes and get you about the same, too. i mean, they're not very helpful for the end-game... no buying the golf course like that. but at least for the first 50-75% of the game, it's a nice little way to compliment your mods, a few cars from the internet, etc

but yeah, the end-game money is massively broken, you basically have to either use a bug, exploit multiple save files on Bawsaq stocks, abuse the ASSN missions, or some other unnatural and cheesy thing

but i think the game is more fun when you're poor and struggling to afford mods, and every armoured car is like Christmas Day....

it's one reason I chose not to end up using the new stock bug. i had a 100% file on PS3 with everyone at $2B and my reaction to it was like... ok, now what :p. as Michael says during Marriage Counseling, when you get rich, the first thing you lose is the fire!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
This is one of the most unbelieveable gaming experiences I've ever had. The immersion of the first person mode is off the charts.

And the pacing of the story.. holy shit.. this is a masterwork..

It just keeps pushing you forward, its frictionless compared to past GTA games. The game just hade me do a yoga minigame before inducing a drug trip sequence.. then its back to the business of GTA.. Its fucking AWESOME.

I'm so confused about the storyline. . I don't know if I'm doing side missions. Is there a marker showing what is the main storyline? I just switch around characters and do whatever is on the map.

ACESmkII

The amount of detail that Rockstar was able to throw into this is blowing my mind. I can only imagine what a true nex gen GTA is going to look like.

I still think Second Son looks slightly better for a open world game but in terms of content, gameplay and music GTA stands above it

Can confirm the single player stock glitch currently works at any time in the game - it's not related to the 'stock market' missions. It's also not related to switching characters. If you're going to do it, it's probably worth doing now before it's patched.

Method:
Open LCN, select Markets.
Look for the largest percent faller (red arrow) in the final column. Could be -10% or up to -25% or more.
Select that company, select buy, then add as many shares as you can afford, select buy, then confirm, then continue.
You will now see the stock under your portfolio.
IMPORTANT - DO NOT select sell all.
Instead, select the company in the list, then select sell on the graph screen.
Now select sell all, then confirm. You should now be considerably richer.
You can go back to the Markets screen and perform all over again as many times as you want without exiting the stock site.

It seems to be doubling the percentage fall and adding as profit - i.e. a -14.13% stock will gain you +28.26% profit.

LOL Wow!

Just logged on from a coffee shop via remote play and banked a cool billion+ $.

I love it.

The amount of detail that Rockstar was able to throw into this is blowing my mind. I can only imagine what a true nex gen GTA is going to look like.

I still think Second Son looks slightly better for a open world game but in terms of content, gameplay and music GTA stands above it
Yeah, this is a superb remaster. The only area where GTA V really lags behind is character models/facial animation, but it's pretty amazing that GTA V's environmental detail, lighting, and post-processing are on par with a ground-up current-gen game like Second Son.

antitrop

Yeah, this is a superb remaster. The only area where GTA V really lags behind is character models/facial animation, but it's pretty amazing that GTA V's environmental detail, lighting, and post-processing are on par with a ground-up current-gen game like Second Son.

And most characters' hair looks like it was tacked on like a Mr Potato Head doll.

Especially the 'fro and goatee on the therapist.

Tigress

I think I found some new detail R* put in the game. I may be wrong about this but all the open air shops along the beachfront that aren't usable on PS3 I remember just being textures of pictures of the storefront. They actually made the storefronts 3d (though you can't go far in them but they still look a lot bette up close than the pictures for store fronts they used before). I could be wrong on that though (and no PS3 copy to go look now).

when you're playing much of the story, armoured cars and smuggling missions are a pretty good way... (you probably know this; i'm just making conversation). armored car heists are about $10,000 and once you kinda know where the spawn, it's easy to get an extra 1-2 between most missions.two smuggling missions take maybe 6-7 minutes and get you about the same, too. i mean, they're not very helpful for the end-game... no buying the golf course like that. but at least for the first 50-75% of the game, it's a nice little way to compliment your mods, a few cars from the internet, etc

but yeah, the end-game money is massively broken, you basically have to either use a bug, exploit multiple save files on Bawsaq stocks, abuse the ASSN missions, or some other unnatural and cheesy thing

but i think the game is more fun when you're poor and struggling to afford mods, and every armoured car is like Christmas Day....

it's one reason I chose not to end up using the new stock bug. i had a 100% file on PS3 with everyone at $2B and my reaction to it was like... ok, now what :p. as Michael says during Marriage Counseling, when you get rich, the first thing you lose is the fire!

Hrm, I found the armored cars gave me all of 5000 and for how much I ended up usually bungling them it wasn't worth it. Least not enough to grind them enough as i would need for the mods I need.

I do agree with you it is better for a game to have goals which is why I don't like using the glitch. But I just found the stuff I could do to continiously make money just didn't seem to pay that much (Even if the cars give you 10k, they don't pop up that often).

And the smuggling missions end up taking even more time for what little you get.

In the end I found the stuff you could do on the side to make money too grindy to be worth it.

But I did keep a save game from before I glitched the money in case I decide to go back and do it that way. In the end i think though I have more fun when I'm not too worried about the money I'm losing when I f*** up when attempting random shit.

I'm so confused about the storyline. . I don't know if I'm doing side missions. Is there a marker showing what is the main storyline? I just switch around characters and do whatever is on the map.
If you check your Pause Menu, and then Games, it'll show which missions were Story Missions and which were side missions ("Strangers & Freaks"). S&Fs will appear as a ? to begin with.
Some dude has recorded with the slow motion cheat then increased the speed of the video to simulate what 60fps would be like (Watch in HD in Chrome to get 60fps)
[snip]
Looking forward to the PC version!
i'm going to save my entire-game-in-first-person playthrough for PC I think... the game looks great for third-person but I don't like 30 FPS, all the shutter and aliasing, tearing, and DS4 controller for first-person. I don't need 1080p or anything for FPV but much added AA/AF and especially a better fresh rate at 60 FPS with a keyboard/mouse will help so much. When I try FPV on PS4 I sometimes find it's hard to see certain world objects or follow the action when you're spinning the camera a lot because of the judder and shimmering or aliasing (tearing?) it creates. Not sure the exact technical words for it but I know it's be much smoother on PC and my eyes need that for FPV. (Not a big deal; and I think I prefer the PS4 and DS4 for third-person anyhow).
Hrm, I found the armored cars gave me all of 5000 and for how much I ended up usually bungling them it wasn't worth it. Least not enough to grind them enough as i would need for the mods I need.
I think they're always supposed to be between 8K-12K... that's why the Wikis say, anyways. I have got around 9K-11K every single time...

And maybe they fixed the Weed Farm respawn? I raided it once and got $85,000 or so, and it still says "Check back in a week to see if they have more money"...

I haven't been back to SS yet though haha please please let Rockstar have finally fixed its respawn timer

doomquake

sucks that calling the phone numbers scribbled on walls does nothing..connected to a fax...got the same guy telling me not to prank call him to 2 other numbers. shux

THRILLH0

Banned
eHHX5RFblE6VLhB1EQ-R1A_0_0.jpg

Dat co-marketing deal

Xb1 version.

neoism

I downloaded the 1.03 update and now my game stutters a ton during the R* intro video and I can't connect to GTA O anymore.

ok glad I didn't update but I went to check for update and it said it was the most updated version or whatever... 1.02 O think... I mostly play SP though..

Is there a certain mission after which the dock market glitch works? Cus I'm early on in the game right now and the selling the stocks isn't giving me any profits.

antitrop

Is there a certain mission after which the dock market glitch works? Cus I'm early on in the game right now and the selling the stocks isn't giving me any profits.
Do it on the FaceInvader stock after the FaceInvader mission. You don't have to, but that's the best way to do it.

antitrop

Wtf guys I am experiencing a lot of input lag, especially in first person mode. Anyone else experience this?

Yes, that's normal. The controls tighten up a little bit when you increase your Shooting stat, but it will never feel like Call of Duty.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Wtf guys I am experiencing a lot of input lag, especially in first person mode. Anyone else experience this?

It's a combination of deadzone and really high acceleration. They could easily fix it by adding sliders for each,

THEY NEVER WILL.

You can thank all the reviewers who never mentioned it once.

ACESmkII

Yeah the character models are definitely lacking but they have a certain charm to them. I just pretend they are aiming for the cartoony look of the art.

Juice

It's a combination of deadzone and really high acceleration. They could easily fix it by adding sliders for each,

THEY NEVER WILL.

You can thank all the reviewers who never mentioned it once.

Seriously the ps4 controller fixed the huge dead zones and then it's as if they re added them via software

hydruxo

I was making an online character the other day and no joke I pressed the randomize button over and over for 10 minutes because I kept getting the ugliest characters I've ever seen in a video game haha

Seriously the ps4 controller fixed the huge dead zones and then it's as if they re added them via software

It's like it's using the same code for the ps3 version.. thats why we got the dead zones cos of the old controller.

do you think they will fix this deadzone stuff? and the input lag.. i did a sniping mission earlier, SO frustrating with a deadzone..

it otherwise let's down an awesome game.

Top Bottom