• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I have zero deadzone, but huge input lag

You've been saying.

But it is deadzone. I can push the stick in any direction without movement onscreen. And when it finally does move, the acceleration kicks in which honestly is the worst part. I could live with deadzone if I didn't have to fight acceleration as well.

I don't even think there is input lag... I'd have to see some video evidence to sway my opinion there. Kinda like how people did the videos for Killzone and BF3. Because I don't really feel it. I'm highly sensitive to suboptimal analog settings (the way some people are to framerate or vsync) and I could feel the deadzone and acceleration almost instantly. But I don't get input lag. Maybe it's there too, but I don;t feel it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I didn't think I'd enjoy this game as much the second time around but holy shit, it's so good. Just wrapped up the first heist again. What a game. Easily one of last gen's best.

Chabbles

This game probably has some degree of input lag, but i agree with it being the deadzone thats the biggest issue here, anyone can test it by moving the right analog stick slowly and seeing at what point you get a response onscreen, its definitely not instant. And its not some sort of delay because you can keep the analog stick held in infinity within this deadzone in any direction without getting a response onscreen.

I cant say its bothered me really, i've left some aim assist on though, and its less noticeable in 3rd person.

Megasoum

Banned
eHHX5RFblE6VLhB1EQ-R1A_0_0.jpg

Dat co-marketing deal

Xb1 version.

Whoa... I'm genuinely surprised that Microsoft let it go through cert. They must have missed it (which is really easy to do for a game like that considering how big it is). I've seen game fail cert (not just on MS side) for much more subtle mention of the competitor platform.

clem84

Gold Member
Sorry if this has been asked many times before but, are there any performance differences between XB1 and PS4?

For that Lifeinvader glitch, is it safe to go above two billion? I remember on the last-gen version it would glitch out and reset the dollar amount to zero if it went above a certain amount.

Flunkie

Banned
It's like it's using the same code for the ps3 version.. thats why we got the dead zones cos of the old controller.

do you think they will fix this deadzone stuff? and the input lag.. i did a sniping mission earlier, SO frustrating with a deadzone..

it otherwise let's down an awesome game.

I'd kill for an input lag/deadzone patch. Sadly I don't think we'll get one. It makes the firing range neigh impossible.

holygeesus

Banned
I imported my previous gen online character (only played it once - was level 2 I think) and for some reason it gave me $1,000,000 not $500,000. Weird but not unwelcome!

Megasoum

Banned
The attention to detail is so fucking ridiculous in GTA games...

I just noticed that if you put a silencer and a flashlight at the same time on the shotgun the silencer will make a shadow in the light (the flashlight is on the side of the weapon).

Neat

Darknight

So is 2 billion for each character enough to ensure I never have to think about money again?

Is that for SP or MP? And whats the point of getting that much money? You always end up with shit tons of money (past GTAs) anyhow right or do you have to grind for it in this game??

Also is getting worth only so you can buy "special" items during Holiday/Seasonal events?I remember last 4th of july I think they added a special Fireworks RPG? Are those things like "rare" and super expensive?

Megasoum

Banned
This gonna sound like I'm some kind of Sociopath but it feels very satisfying to hold people up in first person with a handgun...lol

Like I've had a couple of cases of random events where a lady is getting robbed or something... I get out of the car point te gun at the dude and either shoot him or knock him out with the butt of the gun.

Is that for SP or MP? And whats the point of getting that much money? You always end up with shit tons of money (past GTAs) anyhow right or do you have to grind for it in this game??

Also is getting worth only so you can buy "special" items during Holiday/Seasonal events?I remember last 4th of july I think they added a special Fireworks RPG? Are those things like "rare" and super expensive?

Yeah the economy in this is game is much more improved from the previous ones.

If you want to buy property you might have to grind for it. For example, the Golf Course cost $150million alone. Not to mention each of the 3 main (and 1 online) characters all have a separate wallet of money. So yeah, its definitely worth doing. Especially for early on in the game.

Gandie

Got the game digitally. Left my Xbox on Instant On for the night to finish the install. Install is finished, I can tell by the file size. However when I go to start the game ingame it still says "Installing" and currently seems to be stuck at 61 %. How long will it take from here?

Edit: Hard reset of the console worked.

Fliesen

Does the stock glitch work offline or does it have to be the online stocks?

i did it all with LifeInvader stock. The glitch doesn't seem related to varying stock exchange rates, but rather to some weird arithmetics fuckup. (i did it right after you get the ability back to switch between all 3 of your characters - after Trevor comes to Los Santos)

took me 5-6 cycles of buy->save->load->sell all to get >1 billion on each of my characters.

Daffy Duck

For that Lifeinvader glitch, is it safe to go above two billion? I remember on the last-gen version it would glitch out and reset the dollar amount to zero if it went above a certain amount.

No, that still happens, happened to me last night with Trevor.

I thought I'd screwed it up and lost his money, but you can just click the + icon to sell a certain amount of shares instead of sell all, even though the profit will stay at $0 or $1 you will get a payout, I did this for several large amounts of shares and ended up with the max of $2.1 billion and still probably the same again in shares I can't access due to the cap, but that method worked for me.

I do love the little things in this game, whilst I was trading I was in Michael's bedroom and I heard sirens outside along with gun shots and then a loud booming explosion, made me jump lol.

zerotol

Banned
So what do people think of the new drive-by controls (hold L1/LB to aim and press R1/RB to fire)? I get why they included the option to help increase your accuracy a tad bit, but I could never get comfortable with these new controls while driving at the same time, so I changed them back to L1 to simply fire like in the original release.

How exactly do you do this? All the different control options confused me.

anyone notice the 'auto idle look around' is gone now?

gta always has it... and i used to always use it when I was working, I'd go sit somewhere pretty and just use it as a screensaver on my big TV near by desk while listening to the Pause Menu on my PC =( now it's gone?

i was looking forward to use the idle look-around in the Grand Senora desert

I'd kill for an input lag/deadzone patch. Sadly I don't think we'll get one. It makes the firing range neigh impossible.

you must be playing a different game
all silvers on firing range is easy, golds possible too - free aim first person. You cant get all silvers really!?

now i admit assisted aim makes for faster killing but thats always the case. Free aim is usable with iron sights and although it doesnt move fast enough just off center, there is movement.

anyone notice the 'auto idle look around' is gone now?

gta always has it... and i used to always use it when I was working, I'd go sit somewhere pretty and just use it as a screensaver on my big TV near by desk while listening to the Pause Menu on my PC =( now it's gone?

i was looking forward to use the idle look-around in the Grand Senora desert

It's not gone, I have no idea how you missed it.

Foffy

Banned
I don't have the updated versions of the game as I'm waiting on the PC release, but can anyone confirm that the Collector's Edition content of the last gen version is available out of the gate for all users in this new version? Certain weapons, vehicles, and even a side activity were locked behind that last time and I was wondering if they opened that up for everybody this time.

Daffy Duck

I don't have the updated versions of the game as I'm waiting on the PC release, but can anyone confirm that the Collector's Edition content of the last gen version is available out of the gate for all users in this new version? Certain weapons, vehicles, and even a side activity were locked behind that last time and I was wondering if they opened that up for everybody this time.

They only unlock if you bought those versions.

I've still not got access to .50 pistol or bull pup shotgun yet that came with the SE and T has just arrived in LS.

Top Bottom