• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Certinty

Quick GAF, just starting my first playthrough of GTAV - should I go first person?

I really loved GTAIV and the episodes, but find the idea of a more immersive experience interesting.
It really depends. Personally third person makes the whole cutscene to gameplay transition seamless which I loved and the shooting is also far better in that perspective I reckon.

TCRS

Banned
just played the Daddy's Girl mission. didn't think riding a bycicle would be this fun. and also holy shit this city is big and beautiful. and the missions are fun as well. I'm so flashed, finally a normal GTA again and I can't wait to see what this gen will bring. This is a fucking brilliant start (for me).

It really depends. Personally third person makes the whole cutscene to gameplay transition seamless which I loved and the shooting is also far better in that perspective I reckon.

There's some transition from first person to cut scene much more effective than from Third person like (early mission spoiler)
when Michael appear on the back of Franklin in the Suv

Yeah, I'm a first person lover in this game

I seem to be able to join online much butter after the patch :)
its better but still has issues
i was in a free roam server with 22 others
did a few online missions with a few others
did a race and then suddenly half way through everyone just "left" at once leaving me host and i won, i think everyone experienced the same though, so we all won.
then got into a free roam server alone.
still some super long wait times as well..

better but needs another patch.

Driving in first person is so much damn fun

first thing I realized is you can flip people off with L1 lol.

Disappointed that Rockstar didn't work on eliminating that distracting shimmering. Its still horrible. Anytime the camera pans around with rails nearby or fences or gates or anything like that ... lord, its awful

Leckan

holy shit.

watch all.

this is greatness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPioCXcv2p8

only in GTA V

e31.jpg

Cronnie

Is it normal to only be able to do 1 challenge per day? Everybody was banging on about them the other day, I just did one and it said I've done all my challenges for the day?

Rockstar changed that server side, it used to be four times a day.

My peyote experiences have been pretty tame.

Became an Orca but no one around to eat and you can't get close enough to the surface to see where they are

Became a brown lab, immediately shot by gang banger

Became a gull, crash right away lol

Became a pig, you can't attack people.

I just want to kill people or shit on them : (

Loomba

I got a code for the $1 million preorder for physical and have put the code in put dnt have the money?

And how can I default the camera to 1st person when walking and 3rd person in a car?

Thanks

I got a code for the $1 million preorder for physical and have put the code in put dnt have the money?

And how can I default the camera to 1st person when walking and 3rd person in a car?

Thanks
Yeah van't find the 500.000 ingame anywhere.. The other 500.000 is for online i believe.

Turnbl

And, all the big payoffs you get are all one time events. There's no really good way to make even a moderate amount of income as you play, you just end up with a set amount you can spend (which you cannot afford everything). All I really want is some good repeatable ways to make money (so once I spend some I can get more). I just want to be sure even if I spend all my money, I can make a good amount more (Especially as you lose cars so easily so if you want to spend a lot of money customizing a car you could easily lose that money). Kinda like they have online (lots of repeatable ways. Steal cars, sell them. Missions, Simeon's missions, assassination targets). Also, and stuff that may not pay off as big but is more a gaurentee than the stock market.

Yep, it's one part I didn't like about the original game - I missed the point of one of the first stock missions and eventually 'only' ended up with about $40m per character at the end of the game. So to buy the $150m golf club is then nigh on impossible without grinding for a year?

If Rockstar structured the pricing and income of the businesses after story mode is complete, it could work really well - hopefully GTA6 can improve on this.

Leaving my game on until I finish the stock glitch. It wasn't working for me for a certain stock, GOP I believe, but I managed to get 38 million until I fell asleep last night. Unfortunately I still don't have Trevor.

TheExodu5

Banned
Real shame about the deadlzone, at least on PS4. Makes the aiming and driving somewhat uncontrollable, especially in first person. This game is going to be a lot better with mouse/keyboard as a result.

TheExodu5

Banned
Wait until after the heist to do the stock glitch. You can use the jewelry company to get over 3x return on each sell, plus each character has quite a bit of cash to invest. You'll max out in no time.

I got over 1.5bil on each character. Put all the money into a stock and I'm only going to touch it if I get tired of grinding for cash down the road.

Anyone in here that beat the PS3/360 version and got this and having a great time with it? I'm afraid I will get it and get bored doing something I have already done. The suspense would be lacking.

Portugeezer

and yet they censored Kendrick Lamar, when he said "playstation" in his song "ADHD".

Probably just out of respect as it's more obvious. Like EA removing the MLS team with XBOX sponsorship from the cover of the PS4 version (changed to the US national kit).

A hidden PS4 is less obvious, could be anything.

holy shit.

watch all.

this is greatness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPioCXcv2p8

only in GTA V

I love these chain reaction moments in GTA. The other day I was watching police chase some NPC's, a shootout begins, a biker is driving nearby gets scared and drives into my parked car, hurting himself and for some reason cops decide I was in the wrong and start chasing me.

Juz

Hmm now after the patch I can actually find some races with people in it but as soon as I get to the part where you pick your car I get thrown off online every time.. nice.

Moozo

I don't understand why they didn't fix the business incomes. Buy a cinema for 10,000,000 and watch while it only makes 100,000 a week. What's the point?

AEREC

Crashed twice after the recent patch...one was a hard reset and the other was an error that put me back at the dash...anyone else have issues?

Anyone in here that beat the PS3/360 version and got this and having a great time with it? I'm afraid I will get it and get bored doing something I have already done. The suspense would be lacking.

I played the PS3 version to death and had the same concern going into the PS4 version, but it feels so new and fully realized. I'm having probably more fun with it now than I did the first week it came out on PS3. There's so much stuffed into it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I keep driving on the wrong side of the road because of Sleeping Dogs...

I don't think I like the driving either. I keep losing control and spin.

jts

...hate me...
I love these chain reaction moments in GTA. The other day I was watching police chase some NPC's, a shootout begins, a biker is driving nearby gets scared and drives into my parked car, hurting himself and for some reason cops decide I was in the wrong and start chasing me.
Were you playing as Franklin?

I finally got around to trying out USB music on the PS4. It just plays music in the background, no matter what you're doing in game. I was hoping it would add a custom radio station or something where it would play your music interspersed with fake ads and Weazel news updates and whatnot on the actual in-game radio. I also wish we could add our own songs to the existing radio stations. I may have to triple-dip when this comes out for PC.

Tigress

How do I change my personal vehicle? Tried putting the vehicle in Michael's garage by no dice.

You don't.

Garages let you keep car as long as you don't leave the car for too long and return it back to the garage. Otherwise they get put in impound and you have to grab them before the next car you abandon goes to impound or they get deleted (it's the stupidest mechanic I've seen for letting you keep cars period. I wonder if it even works for cars you buy rather than steal). The best way to stop impound from deleting your cars is destroying any cars you leave but don't plan on coming back to and making sure to get the car out of impound into your garage ASAP. That is if you don't just make a point of only taking them out for a spin and returning them right away without getting distracted by random side missions.

Yeah, they kinda ruined the entire point of keeping cars in the game :(.

And your default car will always be the one the character came with. Even if you blow it up (I've made it a point to blow up Trevor's car anytime I can.... it's gotten tot he point it's fun to hate that car). Hell, I might start blowing up the other two's cars as well (MIchael's is boring and Franklin's is ok I guess. But I'll definitely destroy his motorcycle).

Darknight

Is there a way so that when you press the pad on DS4 once, it switches to 1st person instead of cycling onto all views? Cant find any settings to do this!

Top Bottom