• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Theres 27 of those plants in the game, so I bet you get to play as all the playable animals when you've found all of them.

I hope the all unlock at the end because this is the best thing I've done in any game

aYHcdc4.jpg

WHpCOI5.jpg

going to try to get close to a plane since you fly as high as they do

00i3g6l.jpg

Camisado

You don't.

Garages let you keep car as long as you don't leave the car for too long and return it back to the garage. Otherwise they get put in impound and you have to grab them before the next car you abandon goes to impound or they get deleted (it's the stupidest mechanic I've seen for letting you keep cars period. I wonder if it even works for cars you buy rather than steal). The best way to stop impound from deleting your cars is destroying any cars you leave but don't plan on coming back to and making sure to get the car out of impound into your garage ASAP. That is if you don't just make a point of only taking them out for a spin and returning them right away without getting distracted by random side missions.

Yeah, they kinda ruined the entire point of keeping cars in the game :(.

And your default car will always be the one the character came with. Even if you blow it up (I've made it a point to blow up Trevor's car anytime I can.... it's gotten tot he point it's fun to hate that car). Hell, I might start blowing up the other two's cars as well (MIchael's is boring and Franklin's is ok I guess. But I'll definitely destroy his motorcycle).

Yeah I really wish the garage worked closer to the old Saints Row games. You could basically store infinite cars in a garage and then just cycle through them as you wanted. I'd have that, but also the ability to set one as your 'active' car that would appear with your character whenever it makes sense.

The only thing I can see is for missions which they have balanced to be in certain cars... but I would be more than happy for those cars to show up for those missions if it meant I could change everyones default vehicles.

Yep, it's one part I didn't like about the original game - I missed the point of one of the first stock missions and eventually 'only' ended up with about $40m per character at the end of the game. So to buy the $150m golf club is then nigh on impossible without grinding for a year?

If Rockstar structured the pricing and income of the businesses after story mode is complete, it could work really well - hopefully GTA6 can improve on this.
In my playthrough on PS3, that's what happened to me. I tried manipulating the LCN by investing in a company, then wrecking shit up with their rival company, and had no results. I then invested all my monies into Mors Mutual Insurance, went on countless rampages destroying cars, killing people, but also just wrecking cars and knocking people out..but still...no change. This went on for about a month.

Then one fateful evening..after a lengthy GTA:Online session, I quit to SP, and decided to check out the Bawsaq. After pouring over the stocks for an hour looking at trends, I found one that was down like 78%...it was dirt cheap, about a buck a share. I invested all my money, at least 20~30 mil on each character into it, and went to bed. I woke up 6~7 hours later, to see the ROI was now at 200%. I let it go for another hour or so...it eventually got up to around a 370% ROI. I was flipping out! I could finish the games side stuff finally, after tons of tedious market grinding. I felt totally Alpha bro...it was pretty great :D

Moral - you can actually play the stock market like you would in real life, except easier. It's how I originally made my billions. Ya just gotta go with Bawsaq.
I finally got around to trying out USB music on the PS4. It just plays music in the background, no matter what you're doing in game. I was hoping it would add a custom radio station or something where it would play your music interspersed with fake ads and Weazel news updates and whatnot on the actual in-game radio. I also wish we could add our own songs to the existing radio stations. I may have to triple-dip when this comes out for PC.
Thanks for posting this, I had been wondering about it. With a broken computer for now, I can't really test it out. I'd say this method is BETTER than a custom radio station...yea sure you don't get the awesome DJs and commercials, but you get to listen to music when you are NOT in a vehicle...something that still baffles myself and tons of others that none of the people in Los Santos have music on their phones in any fashion, be it downloaded or streaming...maybe their data plans are ridiculously expensive..

AmyS

Grand Theft Auto V is so gorgeous.

Between the PS3 and PS4 versions I have now, and the PC version coming in late January (I hope to have a 4+ GHz Intel Core i5 or i7 + Superclocked GTX 780 Ti or 980 gaming PC by spring), GTA V is going to keep me occupied for years to come :)

Portugeezer

You don't.

Garages let you keep car as long as you don't leave the car for too long and return it back to the garage. Otherwise they get put in impound and you have to grab them before the next car you abandon goes to impound or they get deleted (it's the stupidest mechanic I've seen for letting you keep cars period. I wonder if it even works for cars you buy rather than steal). The best way to stop impound from deleting your cars is destroying any cars you leave but don't plan on coming back to and making sure to get the car out of impound into your garage ASAP. That is if you don't just make a point of only taking them out for a spin and returning them right away without getting distracted by random side missions.

And your default car will always be the one the character came with. Even if you blow it up (I've made it a point to blow up Trevor's car anytime I can.... it's gotten tot he point it's fun to hate that car). Hell, I might start blowing up the other two's cars as well (MIchael's is boring and Franklin's is ok I guess. But I'll definitely destroy his motorcycle).

Ok, I was wondering why Franklin kept using the motorcycle, I am pretty sure I parked it in the garage before and he kept using it.

kaskade

I really wish they would let you keep the cars you customize. I never played GTA Online but I guess there's an insurance option that gets you the cars back if you blow em up or leave them somewhere. There really doesn't seem to be much of a point to really customize the cars if there's a chance you can lose em. Takes the fun out of it.

I played the PS3 version to death and had the same concern going into the PS4 version, but it feels so new and fully realized. I'm having probably more fun with it now than I did the first week it came out on PS3. There's so much stuffed into it.

Thanks man. Think I'm gonna give it a shot.

Tigress

I really wish they would let you keep the cars you customize. I never played GTA Online but I guess there's an insurance option that gets you the cars back if you blow em up or leave them somewhere. There really doesn't seem to be much of a point to really customize the cars if there's a chance you can lose em. Takes the fun out of it.

don't even get me started on my rant. I'm pretty sure the biggest reason I play online (I"m usually some one who prefers SP in games) is because it actually has a decent way of keeping cars.

And for me collecting cars is one of the most fun things to do in a game like this. It's pretty much usually my goals in the game is to collect cars and customize them to the way I like.

Which they pretty much killed in how you do it in SP. Then again, i don't think GTA has ever been good about letting you keep cars (seems everyone I have played is pretty stingy and pretty much is the you have to return the car to the garage to keep it but cars will despawn on you if you have to leave them outside the garage). Come to think of it, their impound idea is the closest they've come to addressing having to leave your car somewhere other than your garage. I wish they'd just give up and let you just permenantly keep the car once you obtain it (I don't mind them putting in some sort of requirement other than just stealing it to make it obtained. Even the putting a tracker on it that they require in online would work).

Title update for GTAV this morning on Xbox One... 1100 MB, anybody know what it does? Edit: Apparently staibility updates

THere are a few bugs I've noticed, mostly related to content that's supposed to be unlocked for returning customers or special edition buyers on 360/PS3 that doesn't work.

For instance this was from the Rockstar newswire:

What about the exclusive in-game content I originally received for purchasing the PS3 or Xbox 360 Special Edition or Collectors Edition last year? Will I be able to access that content on PS4, Xbox One or PC?
Yes, if you purchased the Special Edition or the Collector’s Edition last year, when you upgrade to one of the new systems, you will automatically have those items unlocked and accessible. Those in-game bonuses include the Stunt Plane Trials, Bonus Outfits and Tattoos, and the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer all for Story Mode use; as well as the Custom Classic GTA Parent Characters and the high-end Khamelion electric car for GTA Online. Furthermore, if you missed out on your chance to buy a CE or SE the last time around, we will also make all of that content available for all players on PS4, Xbox One and PC to earn and acquire with in-game cash (original SE and CE owners will not have to spend any in-game cash to obtain them, they will automatically be accessible upon upgrade).

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...clusive-content-for-returning-gtav-players-on

And despite having the special edition, most of those are not available to me. The .50 Cal, the garages, etc. I have to buy all of the. The garages are particularly annoying because they're expensive. I also thought that I read that the marina, helipad, and airport would be available from the get-go but that looks to not be the case... They all cost up near the millions to buy.

*edit*

ALso, couple things:
  • Mission payouts tweaked? Did the first heist and got considerably more money than I remember for Michael. Also, when I took over as Trevor he had like $100k in the bank which is much more than I remember. I've heard the stock market missions pay less, which I am fine with because it was so inbalanced how you'd do these crazy missions and they'd pay out like $5,000, and then you'd do the 5 stock missions and they'd pay out the bulk of your money for the entire game.
  • Property payouts tweaked? When properties unlock, it says "You can do missions for these properties to increase their value." This was a BIG complaint of mine with properties in 360/PS3, the cost would be ridiculously high and the payouts ridiculously low. I calculated out how long it would take on old GTAV to earn back your original investment and it was something like 2-years of real life playing, if you played the game every day for 2 hours a day. I made a bunch of posts about it and was hoping they'd make it so that when you did missions for those properties, the payouts increased. Any confirmation of this?

Thank god the story, charachters and world is so amazing in R* games because the gameplay is so bad.

The controls are horrible, to complicated and unresponsive with tons of input lag.
The driving is also not very good and dear lord, don't get me started on the shooting. So bad.
And some of the things you have to do in these missions are so boring.

But, i'll stil finish it.. although i just rage quit because i dropped a stupid container from to high and had to redo the whole god damn stupid thing.

Rockstar, please give us the option turn off that damn auto-center camera. It makes it such a pain the ass when I'm taking shots in a moving vehicle.

the idle auto look-around never works for me anymore

been testing it all night and it began to work once but otherwise no matter how long the game sits there, it won't begin to idle

Sorry if this has been mentioned but how do I unlock the dlc weapons like the tommy gun and the musket? can I only get them in sp if at all? I never bought them on ps360.

Sorry if this has been mentioned but how do I unlock the dlc weapons like the tommy gun and the musket? can I only get them in sp if at all? I never bought them on ps360.

They were special occasion things, if you didn't get them when they were available then you can't get them unless they offer them again.

BigDug13

don't even get me started on my rant. I'm pretty sure the biggest reason I play online (I"m usually some one who prefers SP in games) is because it actually has a decent way of keeping cars.

And for me collecting cars is one of the most fun things to do in a game like this. It's pretty much usually my goals in the game is to collect cars and customize them to the way I like.

Which they pretty much killed in how you do it in SP. Then again, i don't think GTA has ever been good about letting you keep cars (seems everyone I have played is pretty stingy and pretty much is the you have to return the car to the garage to keep it but cars will despawn on you if you have to leave them outside the garage). Come to think of it, their impound idea is the closest they've come to addressing having to leave your car somewhere other than your garage. I wish they'd just give up and let you just permenantly keep the car once you obtain it (I don't mind them putting in some sort of requirement other than just stealing it to make it obtained. Even the putting a tracker on it that they require in online would work).

So even if you purchase the car through the website you don't get to keep it? Seems to me if they're charging hundreds of thousands of in-game cash for some of those exotics, they shouldn't just disappear.

terrible

Banned
I hope the all unlock at the end because this is the best thing I've done in any game

going to try to get close to a plane since you fly as high as they do

I tried landing the cormorant on a blimp but it wouldn't let me. I enjoyed playing as the bird way too much. Before I stopped playing as the bird I flew over the beach and started pooping on the sunbathers and somehow got the cops after me. Loved it.

Reule

What do you guys have your audio settings set to? I've played with the SFX, Music, and Dialogue Boost but still unhappy. Wish they could've done something about the mix because it still feels like the music is too low without cranking up the audio on my end.

Robot Pants

You don't.

They don't impound multiple cars? I could have sworn franklin had three impounded at once and I could retrieve either one of them at any time

Formosa

Can someone tell me if the stock profit % has been nerfed for the Assassination Missions on PS4? I was only able to get 25% for the first Assassination Mission...

Cubed

On the topics at hand:

I really do consider there to only be two things wrong with this game, design-wise: it's too hard to make money without glitching and the way you save custom cars is asinine (basically impossible). All they had to do was enhance the amount of money you can make from heist missions and stocks to alleviate the first problem, and the second problem should've been the easiest fix of all because all they really need to do is copy saints row 2 where you simply park a car in your garage, let the door close, and it saves the car that you can then cycle to at any given time you visit a garage.

It's SO easy, R*. Just patch this crap after a year already! Who wants to spend $10,000 modding a car to then just have it be impounded or deleted?

On the topics at hand:

I really do consider there to only be two things wrong with this game, design-wise: it's too hard to make money without glitching and the way you save custom cars is asinine (basically impossible). All they had to do was enhance the amount of money you can make from heist missions and stocks to alleviate the first problem, and the second problem should've been the easiest fix of all because all they really need to do is copy saints row 2 where you simply park a car in your garage, let the door close, and it saves the car that you can then cycle to at any given time you visit a garage.

It's SO easy, R*. Just patch this crap after a year already! Who wants to spend $10,000 modding a car to then just have it be impounded or deleted?

Loving the first person mode, takes time to get used to and deadzone is still awful but besides that I feel the game controls a lot better in first person

moai

What do you guys have your audio settings set to? I've played with the SFX, Music, and Dialogue Boost but still unhappy. Wish they could've done something about the mix because it still feels like the music is too low without cranking up the audio on my end.

i think this game audio is too low. im on ps4 playing with headphones and i have to crank the volume to the max setting. when i go to the ps4 menu i nearly go deaf.

Teletraan1

Banned
Quick GAF, just starting my first playthrough of GTAV - should I go first person?

I really loved GTAIV and the episodes, but find the idea of a more immersive experience interesting.

This is my first playthrough and about 15m in I decided to go pretty much full First Person. I have switched to 3rd person for missions involving towing things as I have some irrational behavior where I actually care about what I am towing. I was terrible at the controls for the first half hour but I have been gradually getting better. My first person driving is getting as good as my 3rd person. The car is very twitchy so every movement of the stick has to be very subtle. I think the first person aiming is fine now. I turned down the sensitivity in the menu so the crosshair doesn't just shoot across the screen at the slightest touch. I think it is a better experience but it has a learning curve if you are really used to the regular controls. It all depends if you want to go through the learning curve.

Marvel

could never
First timer here also, I hate to ask but how do you flip off people? I keep bringing up the weapon wheel... or getting my gun out lol.

Halp.

Daffy Duck

Thank god the story, charachters and world is so amazing in R* games because the gameplay is so bad.

The controls are horrible, to complicated and unresponsive with tons of input lag.
The driving is also not very good and dear lord, don't get me started on the shooting. So bad.
And some of the things you have to do in these missions are so boring.

But, i'll stil finish it.. although i just rage quit because i dropped a stupid container from to high and had to redo the whole god damn stupid thing.

I don't have any problems with anything....I tried out this 'input lag' I keep reading about and there wasn't any...I pressed left fast and it moves left quickly, I did it slowly and it moved from the point I started moving the stick.

udllpn

Is there a way so that when you press the pad on DS4 once, it switches to 1st person instead of cycling onto all views? Cant find any settings to do this!

They should allow us to click the left side of the PS4 touchpad to go back and use the right side to use the next view, instead of having to cycle all the way.

This could be easily patched.

Top Bottom