• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Putty

its the same issue as unity, go see the conan review as he plays it
notice the off screen! Footage...
ps4 version doesnt look like that all sharp popping, not all.
look faded fuzzy, only Xbox games have POP
Cerny or who ever decided PS4 output is dull faded, same exact as PS3.

When I see a super hd texture on Xbox, floors or rocks in the rain, you will see the sharpness shine!, on Ps4 it looks all that BUT under a faded filter...like you see here.

What?!

dreamfall

Oh maaaan. We're heading into Console comparison posts! It's gonna get wild!

Checking some of the Radio Los Santos additions, hell yes to more Danny Brown!

its the same issue as unity, go see the conan review as he plays it
notice the off screen! Footage...

Your ps4 version doesnt look like that all sharp popping
yours look faded fuzzy, only Xbox games have POP
Cerny or who ever decided PS4 output is dull faded, same exact as PS3.

When I see a super hd texture on PS4, floors or rocks in the rain, on xbox you will see the sharpness shine!, on Ps4 it looks all that BUT under a faded filter...like you see here.

What are you talking about? My PS4 games never look like they do in these videos when I play them on my PS4. Set your RG/gamma settings correctly and you shouldn't be getting a washed-out image.

Black crush on the X1, on the other hand, isn't something that can be easily remedied by changing your console/TV settings:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=136529026&postcount=313

Astery

left GTA Online soon after all the money exploits and patches for the worse.
How's GTF online now adays? Is online Heist in yet?

SpaceHorror

So this is my first digital preorder/preload and uh, it just downloaded a 600mb file and the 1gb update. Is there something else I have to do to preload the rest?

I have no idea how anyone can prefer playing with black crush. The first thing I did when I started playing Sunset Overdrive was set my black level to 'high' on my TV because I couldn't see any details in the darker areas.

nampad

Played the PS4 version for 3 hours or so.
There are still some popups and framedrops but the image looks quite clean. Stopped playing the 360 version to enjoy it now in better quality and I am not disappointed.

-griffy-

Banned
So this is my first digital preorder/preload and uh, it just downloaded a 600mb file and the 1gb update. Is there something else I have to do to preload the rest?

On PS4? If so, in your download list it will say the game is installed, but it's still downloading more in the background. It's simply downloaded the initial data needed to begin playing the game while the rest downloads. If you press options on the game in the main PS4 menu, and go to Information, you will can see the download status of the rest of the data.

SpaceHorror

On PS4? If so, in your download list it will say the game is installed, but it's still downloading more in the background. It's simply downloaded the initial data needed to begin playing the game while the rest downloads. If you press options on the game in the main PS4 menu, and go to Information, you will can see the download status of the rest of the data.

Thanks!

Joeki11a

Banned
What are you talking about? My PS4 games never look like they do in these videos when I play them on my PS4. Set your RG/gamma settings correctly and you shouldn't be getting a washed-out image.

Black crush on the X1, on the other hand, isn't something that can be easily remedied by changing your console/TV settings:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=136529026&postcount=313

You just said!, you go tweak and rely on tv to make it hopefully look like xbox...

Xbox doesnt need all that jazz fakery, it delivers the POP by default.

Why you denying the facts?

Xbox has POP, you go after "remedies" to have PS deliver that, dont do that and you PS4 faded dull default look happens by default.

eso76

2 hours Man.

Game is sitting there, fully downloaded. 51 GBs in..oh, I don't know, must have been 16 hrs or so, but I'm impressed the ps4 managed to not get disconnected from the Wi-Fi (or if it did, it attempted to reconnect while in standby, which is surprising) and everything went smoothly.

While I wait i am going to start the game over on x360 right now, so it will be fresh for comparison.

Then latest the walking dead episode which should end around 11.50 :)

what exactly are crushed blacks?

MXp5OM4.png

Read what youre saying, relying on the TV to maybe make it look like xbox output default, that ridiculous.

I didn't say anything about changing your TV settings to match the X1's default settings. It seems like you're the one who needs to read what I'm saying. If you're upset with the image on your PS4, then change your gamma/black level/ RGB setting. X1 has nothing to do with that.

I have my PS4 set to 'full' RGB, my TV set to black level 'Low', and my gamma set to 2.2 and my picture is never washed-out.

You just said!, you go tweak and rely on tv to make it hopefully look like xbox...

Xbox has POP, you go after "remedies" to have PS deliver that, dont do that and you PS4 faded dull default look happens by default.

Apart from the fact that I never said any such thing. It's you who is seeing mentions of the X1 in my comments. I'm talking strictly about PS4.

Why do black crush arguments always being out the craziest of the crazies?

Joeki11a

Banned
I didn't say anything about changing your TV settings to match the X1's default settings. It seems like you're the one who needs to read what I'm saying. If you're upset with the image on your PS4, then change your gamma/black level/ RGB setting. X1 has nothing to do with that.

I have my PS4 set to 'full' RGB, my TV set to black level 'Low', and my gamma set to 2.2 and my picture is never washed-out.

You keep relying on TV and tweaks remedies...all to get the xbox look lol
do you realize thats what youre doing?.

DF comparison vids have shown countless of times that PS consoles by default dont have POP, xbox always has this authentic look more color more vibrant contrast, its a known fact already.

What you do with your gamma tweaks and whatever else, is try to hopefully match what xbox...does by default on Any television.

maneil99

You keep relying on TV and tweaks remedies...all to get the xbox look lol
do you realize thats what youre doing?.

DF comparison vids have shown countless of times that PS consoles by default dont have POP, xbox always has this authentic look more color more vibrant contrast.
You're an idiot or troll

SliChillax

This guy is hilarious.

Top Bottom