• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Slateboard

Neo Member
I want the game, but I'm concerned about whether I'd finish it, since that's been an issue in past GTA Games.

In addition, I've heard that GTA Online is a grind to the point where it puts emphasis on buying in-game currency as the more convenient option.

Tek

This may have already been cleared up but as far as the bonus items for returning players, I take it they are going by your social club account?

I just want to make sure I'm not getting shafted for going from the 360 to ps4.

hemo memo

Gold Member
This may have already been cleared up but as far as the bonus items for returning players, I take it they are going by your social club account?

I just want to make sure I'm not getting shafted for going from the 360 to ps4.

Yes, Social Club account link.

Lrrr

In addition, I've heard that GTA Online is a grind to the point where it puts emphasis on buying in-game currency as the more convenient option.

This is true.

If you have friends with the game, you can definitely have some fun in GTAO, but unfortunately, R* designed progression around cash cards.

Piggus

The Beavers would have to establish the run early in that game. If not the Cocks might be stuffing them ALL DAY LONG!

Indeed, and the Beaver defense isn't that great. The bigger and more aggressive Cocks would have no trouble achieving penetration right down the center.

For real? You mean it's as bad as last-gen? That's disappointing to hear.
I doubt it's as bad but I also doubt it's drastically improved. GTAIV on PC was fairly slow to load as well the last time I played it (and I have a pretty great rig). It's just the engine - even that Table Tennis game they made had long load times lol

Wil348

Just to clear things up, is there an installation when you start the game up, even after you install the disk? Would it be the same for the digital version?

Yeah, I'm ashamed to admit that I am the same way.

Sorry for being off topic, but what game is your avatar from? I remember playing that on my shitty PC when I was younger.

That's 'Klayman' from The Neverhood.

Many of the original creators of the game formed Pencil Test Studios and are making the game ARMIKROG, which was a backed kick started. Same style.

I don't think I'll have the money to buy the game this week so I can't preorder and get the extra cash. I've spent several million online but I want to get some new cars.

Pro tip (IMO) get a top class car for racing, a SMALL plane for fun and an attack copter to blow shit up. Buy these things first and it will save you money long run. I bought a 12 seater plane and it is a brick to fly and you'll never fill it up. Don't buy the tank because you'll just get banned for blowing up people's cars (still the worst part of the game) and only buy a super class car at first. You will want a racer for every class but %80 of all races will be the super class.

Also, get in a GAF clan so you can slap that logo and everything

mPw2YR.gif

This made me laugh, how they were juggling the cop lol

d00d3n

Just to clear things up, is there an installation when you start the game up, even after you install the disk? Would it be the same for the digital version?

Additional install phase, started at 56 percent for me.

edit: digital version

The bigger issue was that GTA Online was pretty hollow content-wise. The missions just felt like filler (which is why everyone really wanted the heists).

But to be honest, if you're up for just random, insane fun, it's great. Players in the free roam can get bounties placed on them, which can lead to some great cat and mouse moments. Or you can just decide to troll someone, or you may get trolled yourself. The opportunities are endless.

Some of my favorite moments from the 360 version of GTA Online:

- Chasing down a dude with a bounty and his buddy. They got themselves to the top of a skyscraper, where they thought they'd be safe. I chopped up the bounty guy with the blades of my helicopter.

- Seeing another Gaffer in the GAF Clan getting worked over by a handful of dudes. Swooped in with my supercar, picked him up, then we turned the tables and started mowing down the dudes.

- Finding people who were robbing gas stations and convenience stores, then parking my car at the door so they couldn't get out.

- Getting trolled by a dude in a Little Bird helo. I was swerving all over the place trying to avoid him, parking under overpasses and stuff. I died several times, but had a blast the whole time despite being the one who was trolled.

So yeah, you often have to create your own fun in the game, but it can be glorious. I bet it will be even more glorious this gen, given the increased player counts in an online free roam session. Gonna be cray cray, as the kids say.

How does the game handle first person targeting? Is there still snap to target? Even in third person the game was super difficult I found. Going on a rampage in this game is way harder than in past games in terms of staying alive. I'm wondering if first person mode will help me in that regard or make it more difficult.

The target snapping is exactly the same in first and third person.

Thanks for posting that. While it is youtube, it looked pretty good and the IQ seems to be decent. Since you are playing, any impressions on the visuals, aa, framerate etc. that you can provide?

Thanks again.

Sure, the frame rate is miles better than the 360 version (my only point of reference) and it's pretty solid. The only time I noticed it dipping slightly was in cut scenes. I've only played it for a couple of hours though, so haven't had chance to see some of the bigger missions.

As far as AA goes, in some places it's super smooth, I noticed some power lines that didn't have a single hard edge, but sometimes you can see it. It's much cleaner than the 360 version though.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Sorry guys false alarm. I really thought I purchased the game from the US region but it seems I got it from Taiwan. I could have been playing the game for the past 6-7 hours lol.

I'll get up some screens in abit.

SZips

I was not aware that they pull the radio audio (licensed tracks) when streaming. All other game audio is there just fine. I didn't know that was possible to do that.

A shame those few people that were watching me earlier were unaware of how amazing it was hearing On Our Own from Bobby Brown while driving towards Mt. Chiliad.

Also, took some screens with the PS4 share and uploaded them to Minus via the USB method: http://min.us/mFKqFOk739OZn

Also, here is the archive for my Twitch stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrY8QaO-gM4 (STILL PROCESSING AS OF THIS POSTING)

Fun fact, if you see a dog and the dog's owner out for a walk, don't hit the owner. The dog will attack and kill you. This was probably in the 360 version too but I never once encountered it. That should be somewhere in the above video once it's done processing.

Kaversmed

People, before you start the game, I highly recommend this.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/gta-5/Assassination_Investor

I have a feeling they made it easier to obtain money this time, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. GTA V never felt like you had enough money to be completely stupid with, and it especially felt that way if you didn't play the stocks.

Will be pretty hilarious if Rockstar have tweaked the stock market, so if you were to follow a guide like this you'd actually lose money lmao!

Btw. is Heists in now? Haven't really heard or read anything.

Razorskin

----- ------
Would be pretty hilarious if Rockstar had tweaked the stock market, so if you were to follow a guide like this you'd actually lose money lmao!

Heist will supposedly be in the first content update for GTA Online after launch.

Will be pretty hilarious if Rockstar have tweaked the stock market, so if you were to follow a guide like this you'd actually lose money lmao!

No heists just yet. It's been re-re-re-scheduled for the next update. They haven't said when that update will be though.

Oppo

My PS4 digital copy preloaded already. For some reason it doesn't show up on Downloads but if you tap Options on the game tile, you can see the size there, and it's the appropriate massive size. I caught it just as it was finishing so you can see progress in there too.

So I had some Gamestop credit on one of their cards, ordered the digital version through their website ... how do you get the pre-order bonus of the million credits?

Top Bottom