• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

neoism

cant fucking wait and I put 80 hours in the ps3 version..

getting this and Dragon Age for 60 bones... KREYGASM

Lax1085

Banned
iWEnWNKnuqV9l.gif

wow massive frame drop. pre-order cancelled.

The Llama

Bought a PSN card off Amazon so I could try to get this game and get it preloaded before midnight tonight (long story, I'd rather spend the money on Amazon than directly on PSN). It's been "processing" for like 30 minutes on Amazon. Oy...

Sun Drugs

Does anyone know how fast the download speeds from the US PSN store are right now? I am considering cancelling my Amazon pre order if I can max out my 45Mb connection and preload it (before 9pm PST)after I get out of work in 2 hours.

It's been said a thousand times already but Rockstar have really outdone themselves. The FPS mode and the graphics are just incredible.

I bow to you, Rockstar.

sora87

I played some this afternoon, I can't stand driving in first person mode, just crash into everything. Also achievements didn't seem to pop for me.

Wasn't expecting to get the game but Microsoft refunded my Halo game with space bucks so decided to pick this up. Hoping it doesn't have a huge patch! Played about 60 hours of the PS3 version so can't wait to step into Los Santos again.

antitrop

I want the game, but I'm concerned about whether I'd finish it, since that's been an issue in past GTA Games.

In addition, I've heard that GTA Online is a grind to the point where it puts emphasis on buying in-game currency as the more convenient option.
San Andreas is the only GTA I haven't finished.

I even finished 1 and 2 with cheats when they first came out.

oneils

The install of the ps3 version took forever too. I can't remember if I downloaded that version. I'll have to check. But I remember it taking forever just to install.

I'm not sure what takes so much time - but I am pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff.

I've found myself playing the last gen version again to get ready for the experience and I have to say I'll miss being a billionaire for each character. Hope the stock market is still easy to get rich off of. Playing golf like an addict one final night before trading in at Target.

Heh, I tried doing something like that on the ps3 and the game crashed. Good to know that's changed.

Kolgar

Silly question maybe, but how do I know I'm done with the prologue in GTA Online? Played some on 360 last night to get the returning player rewards and don't know where to stop. :)

Snowballo

Started the game with about 10GB downloaded (out of 44GB) and after 40 minutes,it has installed the 4%... :(

Can I go to bed?

Edit: PS4 version

gamestop isn't giving me the option to pick up in store, should I just go midnight hoping to get a copy? haven't done a midnight launch in a long time

Hawk269

The target snapping is exactly the same in first and third person.

Sure, the frame rate is miles better than the 360 version (my only point of reference) and it's pretty solid. The only time I noticed it dipping slightly was in cut scenes. I've only played it for a couple of hours though, so haven't had chance to see some of the bigger missions.

As far as AA goes, in some places it's super smooth, I noticed some power lines that didn't have a single hard edge, but sometimes you can see it. It's much cleaner than the 360 version though.

Thanks again for the feedback. When driving around is there a lot of pop-in from objects in the distance or is it pretty solid here as well?

d00d3n

Oh my god, so annoying. The intro sequence.
The ridiculous blue and red sirens coming from the ps4 controller when you encounter the police. The most distracting thing ever. How do I turn this shit off?

Derpyduck

Banned
So it sounds like the game needs to be installed despite already being preloaded. I guess I'm not firing this game up at midnight after all. I'll give Dragon Age a shot instead. I don't have the patience to sit and wait an hour for an install.

GTAV arrived early so I've been playing it all day. I threw together a quick impressions video with plenty of footage for people that are interested.

It's dead gud. the first person view is weeiiiirddd.

After owning the digital ps3 version, which appeared to have more pop up compared to the disc version, I'm concerned a touch with this same thing happening on the ps4.

Although minimal, I noticed a bit at @ these points:

14m45s (worse one, showing a car, building shadows etc)
15m12s
16m25s

So I'm assuming you have the disc version considering you're playing it now which then makes me wonder how the digital version will compare. Another thing of note is that I've not seen a much pop up on the Xbox One versions I've seen.

Have you noticed bad pop up?

I won't be happy if the Xbox again beats the Playstation version. Cannot wait for the DF analysis - I just hope this is noted by them.

edit: just watched the Giantbomb quick look and yep, a decent amount of pop up. It also looks a fair bit jaggier than any Xbox One footage I've seen. Perhaps it's just the quality of the footage? I don't know.

Although I've made up my mind that I wasn't going to buy this game, at least not at the full price, the more footage I've seen, the more my mind was changing. If what I'm seeing is confirmed however, (assuming after day one patch), my decision will certainly be easier. Not gonna be happy but lets see...

edit: also a bit dubious with the 360 version of SA coming which suggests some sort of MS collaboration...

AsfaeksBR

I won't be able to play until tomorrow night, but I'll set it to install the game before so I don't have to wait the whole instalation before playing.

So it sounds like the game needs to be installed despite already being preloaded. I guess I'm not firing this game up at midnight after all. I'll give Dragon Age a shot instead. I don't have the patience to sit and wait an hour for an install.

Can't you install it while playing DA:I?

Hip Hop

so you don't need the PS4 patch to start playing, right?

One of my friends is getting it but he has pretty shit internet, wondering if it won't be a problem when we're checking it out at his house.

This'll be my 3rd time buying this. Launch it was the 360. After I moved I decided to pick it up on the PS3, as in moving it was the only console I didn't pack. Picking this up on the Xbone now and have it preloaded. My PS4 is so lonely this winter.

Top Bottom