• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

iWEnWNKnuqV9l.gif
No explosion graphics after the ~4th explosion, shame they haven't changed this since the last gen versions since I noticed the same thing with chain reactions.

Derpyduck

Banned
I won't be able to play until tomorrow night, but I'll set it to install the game before so I don't have to wait the whole instalation before playing.

Can't you install it while playing DA:I?

I doubt it very much. You have to start the game to get it to install. This explains why a few streamers this weekend were streaming an in-game load screen I guess.

Catdaddy

Okay so pre-order PSN and downloaded the patch (1.2GB) and the game file which was less than a GB.

My PS4 shows that GTA5 takes up 50+GB, so when it unlocks I'll start downloading the rest of the game???

EDIT: Answered my own question, if I go to Disk Management, shows that I have 7.88GB out of 46GB downloaded

Okay so pre-order PSN and downloaded the patch (1.2GB) and the game file which was less than a GB.

My PS4 shows that GTA5 takes up 50+GB, so when it unlocks I'll start downloading the rest of the game???

Depending on your download speed you should have it finish before it unlocks.
Mine only took 2 :30 - 3 hours

sangreal

After owning the digital ps3 version, which appeared to have more pop up compared to the disc version, I'm concerned a touch with this same thing happening on the ps4.

Although minimal, I noticed a bit at @ these points:

14m45s (worse one, showing a car, building shadows etc)
15m12s
16m25s

So I'm assuming you have the disc version considering you're playing it now which then makes me wonder how the digital version will compare. Another thing of note is that I've not seen a much pop up on the Xbox One versions I've seen.

Have you noticed bad pop up?

I won't be happy if the Xbox again beats the Playstation version. Cannot wait for the DF analysis - I just hope this is noted by them.

ps4/xb1 games don't play off the disc anyway; all content is copied to the hdd

but yes, that was an issue found w/ the digital or installed versions on 360/ps3

GlamFM

Banned

No, it's currently downloading in the background. Press options on the icon and check under information.

SpaceHorror

It's downloading it now. Click options while the icon is selected on the main menu and then information.

That said it has taken nearly 2 1/2 hours to get 9GB downloaded. Wish it would speed up a bit. PSN downloads always seem to take so long considering I have decent download speeds.

N° 2048

Holy hell so excited. I always asked myself when playing on the PS3 what it would look like on the PS4 and now we'll know.

I'm sure it'll look amazing, but can you imagine the next GTA made only for PS4/XO...damnnn.

barit

Welp, i'm a little disappointed with the graphics. It's clearly a last gen upres port. After a year with PS4 and some really good looking games me got somehow spoiled in that area. I'm shocked to say it but Watch_Dogs looks and runs better then GTA5 on PS4. There are some framrate drops and nasty shadow popups in the game. The character models looking not very impressive in 1080p as I have them in memory. I blame Infamous and TLOU for that lol. But one thing is for sure. A true next gen GTA will look fantastic. It seems there is no DoF or Motion Blur used so this could explain why it feels so sterile. Only played the first 30min. so this is just a very earlier impression. Maybe i'm totally wrong. We will see.

Damn thing will not connect to the server.

Will not let me complete the purchase even though it was already pre-ordered.

Ok this might be a while.

Catdaddy

It's downloading it now. Click options while the icon is selected on the main menu and then information.

That said it has taken nearly 2 1/2 hours to get 9GB downloaded. Wish it would speed up a bit. PSN downloads always seem to take so long considering I have decent download speeds.

No, it's currently downloading in the background. Press options on the icon and check under information.

Thanks guys, I see that now.. My 1st real digital dload (since I have the map and shit from PS3, and don't feel like going to retailer @ midnight in 20 degree weather here in the South)

Hurley

Woke up to see it's finished downloading but I can't see the patch in the download list but the game is version 1.01 so it has been updated with that 1gb patch?

SLV

WTF, it went all the way to 00:00:00, and then it showed it is not released yet, and now after i shut off my ps 4 and turned it on again, it shows 5 more hours till unlock D:

Thanks guys, I see that now.. My 1st real digital dload (since I have the map and shit from PS3, and don't feel like going to retailer @ midnight in 20 degree weather here in the South)

This confused me as well as it's my first PS4 pre-load, good to know. It probably won't finish by 12 AM but we'll see. I have a free night tomorrow so that's fine.

Liamc723

Do you still have to do the long install that you had to do at the beginning of the 360/PS3 versions? Or is that rolled into the normal PS4 install now?

Bobnob

Wtf, having to download again, happened to me with cod as well.Bullshit 215g since the 2nd plus this 42g Bullshit

So let me get this straight. At midnight EST when it unlocks for me, I click play and then I have to spend 30mins to an hour watching it install? Say it ain't so.

Majine

Banned
I appreciate the lack of a subtitle in the name of this game. No "Definitive Edition" or that kind of bullshit. Just GTA V. It doesn't undersell the old versions. As it should be.

Slateboard

Neo Member
Are cheats fun and wacky?

Also, How do you deal with achievements and cheats? Would I have to make a separate save or can they be turned off or something?

Or maybe it's like GTA IV and only specific achievements are affected?

Dabanton

Character creation for online is so much better, now everyone wont look the same lol.

This is something I'm most excited for playing races online and you'd see how almost every male character had the same face it was hilarious.

Are cheats fun and wacky?

Also, How do you deal with achievements and cheats? Would I have to make a separate save or can they be turned off or something?

Or maybe it's like GTA IV and only specific achievements are affected?

The cheats have a 5 min? countdown iirc.

When they stop you just re-enter them again but if you are planning on using cheats don't do any missons.

Slateboard

Neo Member
This is something I'm most excited for playing races online and you'd see how almost every male character had the same face it was hilarious.

The cheats have a 5 min? countdown iirc.

When they stop you just re-enter them again but if you are planning on using cheats don't do any missons.

Cooldown? Like, for a specific cheat, or all of them as a whole?

Welp, i'm a little disappointed with the graphics. It's clearly a last gen upres port. After a year with PS4 and some really good looking games me got somehow spoiled in that area. I'm shocked to say it but Watch_Dogs looks and runs better then GTA5 on PS4. There are some framrate drops and nasty shadow popups in the game. The character models looking not very impressive in 1080p as I have them in memory. I blame Infamous and TLOU for that lol. But one thing is for sure. A true next gen GTA will look fantastic. It seems there is no DoF or Motion Blur used so this could explain why it feels so sterile. Only played the first 30min. so this is just a very earlier impression. Maybe i'm totally wrong. We will see.

There is DoF and motion blur.

ssjali

Starting the game is really way faster than on the PS3 (it even shows how many % is already loaded, that's new, right?).

How do I get now my SP Savegame on the PS4? Will I get it via tha GTA Online Character Transfer?

Just checked my Rockstar social account to confirm I'd registered my GTA5 copy and all my stats were there. :)
Nice since now I don't have borrow a copy of the PS3 version to get all the bonus stuff in the PS4 version.

Dabanton

Starting the game is really way faster than on the PS3 (it even shows how many % is already loaded, that's new, right?).

How do I get now my SP Savegame on the PS4? Will I get it via tha GTA Online Character Transfer?

SP savegame? There is way to transfer that on PS4/XB1 only your GTA online player transfers. We're all going to have to play through SP again :p

The Argus

Sorry if this has been asked but do still need to go through the install process if I downloaded through PSN? I just want to play a little before ple ple nigh nigh...

Top Bottom