• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Some uncompressed shots:
ibwHK1xoGyVtQO.jpg

i9nHBFPH9HPyK.jpg

ifN0QBY3ePZqD.jpg

iqD57StKSpV6G.jpg

DavidDesu

Just played my first 30 minutes on PS4. Looks great but some things really bugging me already. FP view auto centres when you move which is just horrible... no option to switch off that I can see. Plus the cars are as twitchy to control as I remember and FP view makes this doubly annoying. If you oversteer slightly and counter steer to correct, the handling is so twitchy it means you end up just going in the opposite direction you wanted. They really must address this by at least adding in a steering sensitivity option (current setting would be max sensitivity!). I really want to enjoy driving around in this game but this already is souring my anticipation of that and I'm delicate with my analogue sticks, I can deftly control a power slide in Driveclub. This car handling is not pleasant (GTA4 cars handled like boats in third person but using hood can they felt really really good. GTAV just ruined the driving controls and so far they haven't had enough complaints from people like me to address it). If they fix this then I'm sorted! Still looks amazing and can't wait to explore.

SgtCobra

Update on Soundtrack Descrepancies: There is at least one review out there that mentions one or two songs that aren't listed from the manual. Which is weird. What's wierder is that several people over on GTAForums also saw songs that aren't one this list.
Could someone here who has the game confirm these songs for me?
Micheal Jackson - Dangerous
Lil B - Rent Due
Bee Gees - Night Fever

Thanks in advance.
Someone please confirm this one, we need the one and only based god in this game.

Attention to detail in car interiors = nuts.

Brief flash of all the dahsboard lights when you start the ignition, rev and speedo looking so nice

Edit: yeaaah digital radio displays

Modders got twice the job now of putting cars into V PC though :p

Nailed it. The first person controls are so weird at first it controls more like a condemned game. The frame rate can be a little choppy unfortunately but at least it doesn't shit the bed whenever you hit water. Game does pop a bit but the draw distances are pretty stunning.
Can't say that I'm not disappointed.

How do you re-release on next gen consoles and not lock down your framerate to the point where its no longer a noticeable issue? How do you add a first person perspective and then somehow not fine tune it for driving?

Rockstar has some very strange priorities. I'm sure I'll enjoy the game as the last gen version was already a 10/10, but man, my two biggest asks for this re-release look to be flubbed.

Can't say that I'm not disappointed.

How do you re-release on next gen consoles and not lock down your framerate to the point where its no longer a noticeable issue? How do you add a first person perspective and then somehow not fine tune it for driving?

Rockstar has some very strange priorities. I'm sure I'll enjoy the game as the last gen version was already a 10/10, but man, my two biggest asks for this re-release look to be flubbed.

This is Rockstar we're talking about. There's always something.

Unless it's some incredibly minor world detail that 3% of their audience will ever see. You can bet they got that right.

Wil348

Okay, so I've been playing for 45 minutes now, and it's amazing! However, my GTA Online character hasn't received the pre order cash for some reason...

So how do you transfer your multiplayer character? Played on 360 but moving it up to PS4. I just linked my PSN account to my Rockstar account. Is that all I need to do?

Vidpixel

You do but the mobile guy has to be there too. If you don't want to waste your time going there and finding out he's not there, I'd call them and find out when an associate working Target Mobile is scheduled to be there. That's how I knew to come in today to trade my game so I could still buy before I go to work tomorrow :).

Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

Afrikan

Any word if any Best Buys will sell it at 9pm PST?

I'm about to call mine, but if there are others that have, I'd like to use them as an example.

I heard some stores have recently started to sell Games at 9pm instead of midnight PST.

graffix13

You do but the mobile guy has to be there too. If you don't want to waste your time going there and finding out he's not there, I'd call them and find out when an associate working Target Mobile is scheduled to be there. That's how I knew to come in today to trade my game so I could still buy before I go to work tomorrow :).

Yep I called my local Target and the mobile guy has to be there. He said he/she is usually there from 12pm-8pm. Those hours could vary though depending on your location so I would call first.

Is there any new talk radio? I know, I'm the only guy in the world who cares about that...

Weird, I heard initially that there'd be new content for talk radio, but I guess not from impressions? A couple weeks ago someone said 2 hours of new talk radio. Was looking forward to it because GTAV has the worst talk radio of any GTA game since III.

I was in the same boat. Just pick the one you have friends on as I imagine the differences in single-player will be relatively small if any. I think performance overall is gonna be a pretty standard 30 with the forgivable framerate drops when action is too hectic. Just go with what your gut is telling you.

DavidDesu

Ok one more gripe (I really don't want to be this guy) but the FP view controls have a big dead zone then a faster speed and a fastest speed with very little margin between them. Basically it doesn't control smoothly, kinda goes incredibly slow in the dead zone, then faster than you want just outside that. I just want a linear analogue control, like say, Destiny, where I have no problem with the controls, I look where I want to look and never think twice about it. I just want this experience to be perfect and so far I'm finding lots of small (but big considering they're persistent) issues.

Man, bit of a mean-spirited OT title, isn't it? I'd understand if WD was complete ass, but it was an enjoyable enough blockbuster in a summer where it was damn needed. Personally was hoping for GTAV NG IOTI Let's Go All the Way

lem0n

Who's going to the midnight release?

My last one was the GTA V launch last year. I'm ready!

I am! I don't mean to be a creeper, but I think I remember you saying somewhere that you're also in AZ? If so enjoy this nice chilly weather lol

neoism

Just played my first 30 minutes on PS4. Looks great but some things really bugging me already. FP view auto centres when you move which is just horrible... no option to switch off that I can see. Plus the cars are as twitchy to control as I remember and FP view makes this doubly annoying. If you oversteer slightly and counter steer to correct, the handling is so twitchy it means you end up just going in the opposite direction you wanted. They really must address this by at least adding in a steering sensitivity option (current setting would be max sensitivity!). I really want to enjoy driving around in this game but this already is souring my anticipation of that and I'm delicate with my analogue sticks, I can deftly control a power slide in Driveclub. This car handling is not pleasant (GTA4 cars handled like boats in third person but using hood can they felt really really good. GTAV just ruined the driving controls and so far they haven't had enough complaints from people like me to address it). If they fix this then I'm sorted! Still looks amazing and can't wait to explore.

how long did it take you to install the game from disc ??

Vespene

Man, bit of a mean-spirited OT title, isn't it? I'd understand if WD was complete ass, but it was an enjoyable enough blockbuster in a summer where it was damn needed. Personally was hoping for GTAV NG IOTI Let's Go All the Way

It would've been mean spirited if Ubi hadn't poked at GTAV with that ad last year.

Top Bottom