• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Man, bit of a mean-spirited OT title, isn't it? I'd understand if WD was complete ass, but it was an enjoyable enough blockbuster in a summer where it was damn needed. Personally was hoping for GTAV NG IOTI Let's Go All the Way

It's a reference to this:
4f8oswB.jpg

I was in the same boat. Just pick the one you have friends on as I imagine the differences in single-player will be relatively small if any. I think performance overall is gonna be a pretty standard 30 with the forgivable framerate drops when action is too hectic. Just go with what your gut is telling you.

Not really getting it for online so I guess I'd go with xbo. Prefer that for shooting type stuff.

Hip Hop

I am! I don't mean to be a creeper, but I think I remember you saying somewhere that you're also in AZ? If so enjoy this nice chilly weather lol

Oh yeah. Not used to the 65 F degree weather at all! Gotta soak it in though, it's not often we get this.lol

Waiting an extra hour for the DaylightSavings time shenanigans <

Jedi2016

It's always been an option, even in the original.
How did I never notice this? Lol. Well, that will make the Share button all the more useful, then.

Are the Snapmatic pics full-res, or are they still tiny? With first-person and Share button, I suppose it's kind of useless now, yeah?

GoaThief

Digital PS4 edition pre-ordered, midnight comes and I get to the install after download (why?) and it's been stuck on 4% for the best part of an hour. What the hell?

Also, just for comparison I started installing on second PS4 and it's currently on 23% in five minutes.

Anyone else having trouble?

Acorn

Are you guys going cross platform? 360 to PS4? or vice versa?
Maybe you gotta link both XBL and PSN accounts? I don't know.
360 to ps4.

I linked my Psn to the social club account that has my 360 data. It gave me the returning player content but can't find my online data even though I can see it on the social club website.

Tigress

Just played my first 30 minutes on PS4. Looks great but some things really bugging me already. FP view auto centres when you move which is just horrible... no option to switch off that I can see. Plus the cars are as twitchy to control as I remember and FP view makes this doubly annoying. If you oversteer slightly and counter steer to correct, the handling is so twitchy it means you end up just going in the opposite direction you wanted. They really must address this by at least adding in a steering sensitivity option (current setting would be max sensitivity!). I really want to enjoy driving around in this game but this already is souring my anticipation of that and I'm delicate with my analogue sticks, I can deftly control a power slide in Driveclub. This car handling is not pleasant (GTA4 cars handled like boats in third person but using hood can they felt really really good. GTAV just ruined the driving controls and so far they haven't had enough complaints from people like me to address it). If they fix this then I'm sorted! Still looks amazing and can't wait to explore.

Well, that's sad. One of the things i was looking most forward too was first person driving honestly (over it being a first person shooter).

GTA for me is all about the cars and getting them and driving them around.

Cc23830

Digital PS4 edition pre-ordered, midnight comes and I get to the install (why?) and it's been stuck on 4% for the best part of an hour. What the hell?

Also, just for comparison I started installing on second PS4 and it's currently on 23% in five minutes.

I preordered and preloaded and mine loaded to single player instant, did the prologue and now online, seemless

Hollow

Oh yeah. Not used to the 65 F degree weather at all! Gotta soak it in though, it's not often we get this.lol

You must be down in the valley.

It's 32 here for me. The white mountains suck ass.

beercr8te

Banned
I bought the pre-order this morning on PSN, pre-loaded, and I can't start it up because Sony didn't take the money for it. Wonderful.

I had the same problem even though i had enough in my bank account to buy this many times, I kept getting directed to the psn store to the game and price, just added it to the cart and it unlocked, however I'll be calling sony tomorrow to get my pre order bonus restored, I bet xbox support was open tonight unlike ps support.

JON4495

Character transfer worked fine for me and my friend. He transferred from 360 to xbox one and I transferred from ps3 to xbox one

ssjali

Could we always here the shooting standing outside of the Ammunation with the shooting range? I just thought wtf is going on here when I went to Simeon.

Afrikan

Best Buy is horrible, 30 mins and no one answers the phone... I know someone is just staring at the blinking light. :mad:

edit- ok someone picked up...

so no 9pm PST release here in SF...midnight it is.

beercr8te

Banned
Digital PS4 edition pre-ordered, midnight comes and I get to the install after download (why?) and it's been stuck on 4% for the best part of an hour. What the hell?

I'm currently stuck at 9% install after finally (after a bit of hassle) getting my pre order unlocked, sony better have answers tomorrow when i call support.

Tainted

Man, bit of a mean-spirited OT title, isn't it? I'd understand if WD was complete ass, but it was an enjoyable enough blockbuster in a summer where it was damn needed. Personally was hoping for GTAV NG IOTI Let's Go All the Way

Ubisoft fired the first shots with that "2 months are long enough in Los Santos" advertising campaign ...deserve everything that comes to them imo

Slateboard

Neo Member

As someone who lives in Chicago, I'm not butthurt about the title.

I didn't even realize it was a Watch Dogs reference until I saw this post.

I thought it was referring to how there's been no GTA game with a fictional City based on it, which I'd really like.

Massa

Mean spirited joke that's not very funny is perfectly fitting for a GTA V thread title. ;)

How do Best Buy's midnight launches work? Can I go there at midnight, pick up the game and just leave or will do I need to go earlier? I'm not sure if I should go tonight or just go tomorrow.

Dabanton

First person driving is lush I've just taken Franklin on a tour of Los Santos.

I've put hours into driving around and playing online races so the cars feel right to me.

lem0n

My Boston blood has thinned out, I used to be able to deal with this shit, lol. Oh and hey if you happen to be going to the Game Stop out in the east valley let me know, I'll save a fellow GAFfer a spot up front in line!

Yep. Ps4 UK. I hit X at midnight, loaded up instantly

Was the same for me on PS4. Finished the DL and installation yesterday, just had to turn it on now.

I preordered and preloaded and mine loaded to single player instant, did the prologue and now online, seemless

So can I clarify with you lads/ladies, no install time when you preordered the digital edition? Getting weird mixed reports here.

I have confirmed the game is on my hard drive through application data management in the Settings, so I'm struggling to understand why it would install.

GoaThief

Yep. Ps4 UK. I hit X at midnight, loaded up instantly
Weird. Are you certain you didn't somehow install beforehand?

This really sucks, first time I've had problems with a digital pre order on PSN although it seems like a Rockstar bug. Disappointing.

So can I clarify with you lads/ladies, no install time when you preordered the digital edition? Getting weird mixed reports here.

I have confirmed the game is on my hard drive through application data management in the Settings, so I'm struggling to understand why it would install.

I preordered digital edition, waited for midnight so it would unlock, start game, get presented with a splash screen advising to change power saving settings so it doesn't go to sleep during install, install starts from within game. I can take a screen if needed. One console frozen at 4% for an hour with no way around as far as I can see and other is about 50% after a quarter of that time or thereabouts.

Definite install after downloading on both my consoles, which is why I was surprised people have claimed there was not one.

Really enjoying this but my level 130+ character from the Xbox 360 is missing from my social club account :( but my old single player progress is still listed on the site. Anyone else experienced this ?

oneils

Not sure if i can play this tonight. after it installs it might be 1am. i cant handle all nighters anymore. derp ;)

Top Bottom