• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

eso76

Game is incredible.

But yeah, fp driving doesn't work too well (with Franklin at least, I remember him being too twitchy in regular gtav too though) and self centering view in first person can sometimes get disorienting.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Man, bit of a mean-spirited OT title, isn't it? I'd understand if WD was complete ass, but it was an enjoyable enough blockbuster in a summer where it was damn needed. Personally was hoping for GTAV NG IOTI Let's Go All the Way
You're aware what this is in reference to, aren't you?

p0qDhb2.jpg

Come at the king, etc.

ssjali

I left my PS4 on over night for the pre load yesterday. At midnight (2:30 h ago here) I just started the game. I guess it was installed over night after it was downloaded, I didn't do anything manually. Just started the game now.

Cc23830

Weird. Are you certain you didn't somehow install beforehand?

This really sucks, first time I've had problems with a digital pre order on PSN although it seems like a Rockstar bug. Disappointing.

I downloaded, after download was complete it carried on downloading in the background like everyone else's did, once all 46gb was downloaded this morning I was able to play instantly. Check your storage in your ps4 settings and see if gta is still downloading

Not really getting it for online so I guess I'd go with xbo. Prefer that for shooting type stuff.

That's funny, we made the same choice. Though, I think I will play online if I can get some buddies to try some of the coop and races out.

GT: Krappadizzle if anyone would like to add me on XBL.

Alchemist

Really enjoying this but my level 130+ character from the Xbox 360 is missing from my social club account :( but my old single player progress is still listed on the site. Anyone else experienced this ?

My character is showing on Social Club but the game says there's no previous character associated with my account :/

Dabanton

Online character creator is so much better than that appalling effort in the original versions of GTAV.

With some of the new options you can make some disgusting freaks.

The Llama

You should be able to play without it being fully downloaded, yeah?

I don't even know, seems pretty unclear. I'm guessing/hoping I'll be able to
do the tutorial/intro mission, but honestly who even knows.
I'm just hoping it speeds up a bit! My own fault for waiting so long to get it though.

julrik

Question: Is it possible to edit the appearance of your character several times, or is it one time only when you transfer your character?

.I preordered digital edition, waited for midnight so it would unlock, start game, get presented with a splash screen advising to change power saving settings so it doesn't go to sleep during install, install starts from within game. I can take a screen if needed. One console frozen at 4% for an hour with no way around as far as I can see and other is about 50% after a quarter of that time or thereabouts.

Definite install after downloading on both my consoles, which is why I was surprised people have claimed there was not one.

Interesting. I don't suppose you can check in settings whether or not the game was installed under application data, can you? It seems like your preorder hadn't installed. We'll see with mine though

MJLord

*Ugly people

I don't know why "Disgusting freaks" offends me but it does,

Projecting? :p

Been playing a little before I go to bed tonight. Something is odd with this first person camera control for me. The first 75% of the stick movement is really small but then that last 25% is waaaayyy more sensitive.

oneils

I downloaded, after download was complete it carried on downloading in the background like everyone else's did, once all 46gb was downloaded this morning I was able to play instantly. Check your storage in your ps4 settings and see if gta is still downloading

oh cool. that is good to hear. I am downloading it too, glad t hear that an install is not necessary (or that is installed at the same time). I guess that is just for the disc version.

Question: Is it possible to edit the appearance of your character several times, or is it one time only when you transfer your character?

Not sure if you can edit the shape or skin tone of your character again but you can go to barbers to change hair and facial hair style.

Spazznid

Projecting? :p

Been playing a little before I go to bed tonight. Something is odd with this first person camera control for me. The first 75% of the stick movement is really small but then that last 25% is waaaayyy more sensitive.

More like, oddly shaped noses, and acne shouldn't make someone a "Disgusting freak".

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
so, those of you that have the ps4 version, without exaggerating, does it look that much better? what about framerate? thanks

GoaThief

Interesting. I don't suppose you can check in settings whether or not the game was installed under application data, can you? It seems like your preorder hadn't installed. We'll see with mine though
This might well be the problem, unsure why it didn't if that is the case though... also odd that one is frozen.

Left both on and off to bed now, coming up 2am. If it's still stuck in the morning I'll check and update then.

You're aware what this is in reference to, aren't you?

Come at the king, etc.

Yes, I'm aware of the joke, it's just the original ad wasn't so much a dig as a 'you've played that, now play this!' This title is literally just HAHA WASN'T THAT OTHER GAME SHIT

But it really doesn't matter, life's too short, it's still a great OT and I'm damn looking forward to tomorrow. I can't get over how great this soundtrack is, and I really hope that wasn't misinformation about MJ's Dangerous being in. :)

leng jai

What's the deal with GTA and gun sounds? They always sounds fucken pitiful. I was hoping they'd fix it with this remaster but I hear no difference. RDR had some of the best sounding guns ever, and yet GTA serves up rubbish in this area time after time. I don't get it.

ssjali

Cruising through Los Santos at night with Nightcall playing in the background (thanks to the MP3 playback option of the PS4). Amazing.

Alchemist

so, those of you that have the ps4 version, without exaggerating, does it look that much better? what about framerate? thanks

At a first glance, no. I haven't played in almost a year though so the visuals of the previous gen versions aren't fresh in my mind. Frame rate is good.

Gaz_RB

Ok finally looked at the song list for the next gen versions.

Jaw on the floor. Some amazing songs on there-so excited to just cruise for hours.

Ok finally looked at the song list for the next gen versions.

Jaw on the floor. Some amazing songs on there-so excited to just cruise for hours.
Radar Love is the ultimate night driving song.

So impressed with Rockstar for adding all these tunes. And like someone mentioned earlier, must remember to disable updating my Steam copy after a few years.

julrik

Not sure if you can edit the shape or skin tone of your character again but you can go to barbers to change hair and facial hair style.
Yeah, I know you can cut your hair etc, but wondering if you can edit your face several times too. Characters often look great in the edit mode, but less so in-game, so that would be great.

Yes, I'm aware of the joke, it's just the original ad wasn't so much a dig as a 'you've played that, now play this!' This title is literally just HAHA WASN'T THAT OTHER GAME SHIT

But it really doesn't matter, life's too short, it's still a great OT and I'm damn looking forward to tomorrow. I can't get over how great this soundtrack is, and I really hope that wasn't misinformation about MJ's Dangerous being in. :)

I agree with you about this title, doesn't match a game of this calibur. But such is life with the new OT rules meaning threads get thrown together at the last moment... Same with why this OT is filled with just rehashes of the GTA V OT content. Not really OPs fault, pressure was on.

So Gaf.....xbox one or PS4 version?

I have more friends on my XBox one friends list....but, if the PS4 is better graphically I will go with that one.

if they are the exact same tho, ill get xbox one version

Cruising through Los Santos at night with Nightcall playing in the background (thanks to the MP3 playback option of the PS4). Amazing.

wait what?

tell me more about this option and is it available on xbone version?

The Llama

I have more friends on my XBox one friends list....but, if the PS4 is better graphically I will go with that one.

We don't really know 100% yet, but it seems they're identical. So go XB1 if thats where your friends are!

Tainted

ps 4, but I'm watching a twitch stream. Does the weather change now?

I wouldn't be using a twitch stream as a yardstick for judging the quality of the game. I was watching a stream the other day by that guy using a capture card, and it looked pretty amazing

Or watch the GB quick look (on their site...not youtube). I think it looks great

N° 2048

Wait, what? what? what?

Is this a new feature? How do you do this? USB flash drive with MP3s is all I need? Sounds amazing!

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

wait what?

tell me more about this option and is it available on xbone version?

From the twitch streams and screenshots, I don't see any big difference. Will have to wait for DF analysis for details. But @bold. Come on dude seriously? even if PS4 turns out to be better performing at some areas, you will pick that over playing with friends?

Kevin-Spacey.gif

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
So I got charged twice for the game phone Sony up then after count down finished game was locked tried a bunch of things but no go so I deleted it now there's nowhere to re-download it so I've spent $200 bucks & no game.. First time had issues with psn

From the twitch streams and screenshots, I don't see any big difference. Will have to wait for DF analysis for details. But @bold. Come on dude seriously? even if PS4 turns out to be better performing at some areas, you will pick that over playing with friends?

Kevin-Spacey.gif

yea, only cause its hard to sync our schedules anyway....so when im off, they are working or when im working they are off...so we play like once or twice a month anyways.

i need more info on this mp3 shit tho. So you can control the mp3 player on ps4 to use in GTAV while in game.

does the Xbone mp3 functionality work as well as this?

What's the deal with GTA and gun sounds? They always sounds fucken pitiful. I was hoping they'd fix it with this remaster but I hear no difference. RDR had some of the best sounding guns ever, and yet GTA serves up rubbish in this area time after time. I don't get it.

There are more than a few steps back from RDR and Max Payne 3 in GTAV, weapon sounds being one of em. It's weird how all of Rockstar's games last gen felt like a linear improvement until GTAV which picked and chose, seemingly at random, which of those improvements to use.

Moozo

On one of the streams I was watching earlier the big rain puddles looked really bad because all the reflections would only pop in after a few seconds and all at once. Bit jarring

Top Bottom