• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

AmyS

I'm debating if I wanna be out at 11pm/12am midnight tonight to pick up my physical copy of GTA V or wait til the sun is shining in the sky tomorrow because it's fucking COLD in northern Illinois.

12 degrees here.

I don't recall it being this cold November 14th / 15th last year during the PS4 launch. I think it was in the mid-upper 20s.

I'm debating if I wanna be out at 11pm/12am midnight tonight to pick up my physical copy of GTA V or wait til the sun is shining in the sky tomorrow because it's fucking COLD in northern Illinois.

12 degrees here.

I don't recall it being this cold November 14th / 15th last year during the PS4 launch. I think it was in the mid-upper 20s.

Cold as fuck here in Buffalo too. Decided to just wait it out rather than stand in the cold hell.

jaaz

Was there another patch beyond 1.01? Mine hasn't unlocked, but when I tried to start it anyways, it started to download another patch. 1.14 GB.

ttech10

One accentuates the DEM and is more topographic in nature. The other a more conventional streetmap/Google maps style.

As a map/data geek, i prefer the top one. :)

I enjoy this one more, from the interactive GTA map site. It's similar to the official one but a bit more colorful and has more detail. The OT one just screws with my mind with land/water formations being different.

Of course, now I just can't stop seeing a ninja turtle when I look at it.

leng jai

There are more than a few steps back from RDR and Max Payne 3 in GTAV, weapon sounds being one of em. It's weird how all of Rockstar's games last gen felt like a linear improvement until GTAV which picked and chose, seemingly at random, which of those improvements to use.

Even Max Payne 3 didn't have fantastic sounding guns considering the genre and IP. Even the cars in GTAV sound poor also so it's more like the the sound design is lacking on the whole. You'd think they'd have a field day in the audio department with all the crazy shit that goes on the and ambience of a bustling city. RDR remains the only Rockstar game that really impressed me with its audio. The guns sounded fantastic and the thunderstorms were ridiculously satisfying.

so those who are fairly versed with their xbox one and ps4 (those who own both)

can you control music while in game if you stream from your usb like you can on PS4?

I just got my xbox one so I'm unsure of it's media capabilities at the moment.

Was there another patch beyond 1.01? Mine hasn't unlocked, but when I tried to start it anyways, it started to download another patch. 1.14 GB.

I was about to ask the same thing. The first patch has gone from my download list and it seems to be downloading again.

^same here, I had it done yesterday with the 1 GIB ish patch downloaded, and my PS4 has been on all day, but when I just clicked the Timer again, it started download a 1 GB patch again

Turkoop

Banned
My impressions
I played ~5 hours long
Technically its just perfect, suns feels really great, never saw such great water and ocean.
It looks so damn good. There is really no Aliasing, R* has done a great job, these guys are wizards !
FPS is weird but really fun, Shooting makes a lot of fun, it feels very good and Gunplay too !
Everything looks incredible, detail level is unbelivable, I am really impressed, played last gen versions for months but NG Version is just perfect.
THIS is how a REMASTER looks !
Damn, this Game is just incredible !

kyser73

Kinda bummed - my download is finished, but Sony still haven't taken the money out of my wallet, so I can only assume when I get home my game will still be locked :(

Should've contained my hype and bought a physical copy this evening after work.

Grrr.

Even Max Payne 3 didn't have fantastic sounding guns considering the genre and IP. Even the cars in GTAV sound poor also so it's more like the the sound design is lacking on the whole. You'd think they'd have a field day in the audio department with all the crazy shit that goes on the and ambience of a bustling city. RDR remains the only Rockstar game that really impressed me with its audio. The guns sounded fantastic and the thunderstorms were ridiculously satisfying.

Oh I agree, when it comes to sound RDR is easily their best, but there are several other aspects of MP3, mostly in control and animation, that they failed to use as well. It was likely a memory constraint last gen, so I really hope their next game picks up where they left off before GTAV and continues to improve.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Earlier, turned on the console, hit the "Check for updates" on the info screen, and a 1 gig update started. Watched Gotham, came back and it was "installed" and the info screen says 1.02. it fixed some GTA:O bug involving cars.

Dabanton

As someone who played a lot of GTA:O. The improvements to that part of the game has made my heart swell this morning.

My character is currently standing looking out at the city from up at the Vinewood sign. The city at night looks amazing.

FireCloud

Just remote played into my PS4 to check on the preload. Glad I did. The 1.12GB update started downloading. Would have hated the update kicking off at midnight.

That said, PSN downloads have been going super fast for me today. Looks like the update will be done in under 30 mins. From my past experience, that's fast.

I have to admit this needing to install after the preload some have reported has me a little worried. Hopefully, getting this update downloaded is my last hurdle for being able to play at midnight.

For you brave souls venturing out for midnight launches, good luck and stay warm!

jaaz

Definitely Patch 1.02:

1540311_820771857965212_8980102104619241067_o.jpg

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I was watching IGN's review in progress. They pointed out that in car, rear view mirror is unusable. WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?

How is this even possible? ROCKSTAR pays smallest attention to detail, and how the fuckkkk can this be missing? lol I am speechless.

yea, only cause its hard to sync our schedules anyway....so when im off, they are working or when im working they are off...so we play like once or twice a month anyways.

i need more info on this mp3 shit tho. So you can control the mp3 player on ps4 to use in GTAV while in game.

does the Xbone mp3 functionality work as well as this?

I get that too man. I have more real life friends on X1 and honestly zero real life friends on my PS4. But even if I got my games on X1 I am busy in university and working and they have a more relaxed schedule or they stay up late playing games. Stopped doing that awhile ago.

antitrop

I was watching IGN's review in progress. They pointed out that in car, rear view mirror is unusable. WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?

How is this even possible? ROCKSTAR pays smallest attention to detail, and how the fuckkkk can this be missing? lol I am speechless.

I bet they'll work in the PC version.

leng jai

Oh I agree, when it comes to sound RDR is easily their best, but there are several other aspects of MP3, mostly in control and animation, that they failed to use as well. It was likely a memory constraint last gen, so I really hope their next game picks up where they left off before GTAV and continues to improve.

Yeah, they likely had different priorities with GTA. The movement is a big thing, GTA always somehow still feels significantly more sluggish even compared to RDR and MP3.

Just remote played into my PS4 to check on the preload. Glad I did. The 1.12GB update started downloading. Would have hated the update kicking off at midnight.

That said, PSN downloads have been going super fast for me today. Looks like the update will be done in under 30 mins. From my past experience, that's fast.

I have to admit this needing to install after the preload some have reported has me a little worried. Hopefully, getting this update downloaded is my last hurdle for being able to play at midnight.

For you brave souls venturing out for midnight launches, good luck and stay warm!
same... my PS4 was on all day and any patch should have started downloading itself, but I decided to check the timer quickly before i watch a movie, and only then did the new patch start downloading. so PSA to any others, maybe check your timer and see if it starts any new patch downloading instead of waiting until 9 PST

Alchemist

Sigh..

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Games Technical Support.

We are currently investigating an issue with returning players transferring their saved data, which is showing no progress, from the previous console generation saved file. We ask that you stay tuned to our Support Site and our Newswire for any updated information regarding this issue.

El_Chino

From the twitch streams and screenshots, I don't see any big difference. Will have to wait for DF analysis for details. But @bold. Come on dude seriously? even if PS4 turns out to be better performing at some areas, you will pick that over playing with friends?

Kevin-Spacey.gif
Why not? It's called socializing.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."

it works, it just looks like everything reflecting in it through the eyes of someone with cataracts.

Turkoop

Banned
Jaggies was the biggest problem IMO from the last gen GTA V games, so to hear there is really no aliasing is great to hear and also surprising

Really, there is really only litte aliasing, only on large distances !
objectives in the near or middle distances are really clean and well coded

Reule

I'm not even going to try online for a few days. Don't want to lose my character or vehicles. I'll be completely satisfied with single player in the meantime. :)

KAP151

Anyone on XB1 not able update?

Installed from disc, 100% complete, but update screen just hangs for a bit, then says it cant update.

Connection is fine, just updated Forza to be safe.

Any suggestions?

^title and OT were a last minute thing because no one volunteered to do it... so, beggars can't be choosers, sort of thing :p

it's a good job on short notice, and i'm sure we'll be on OT2 soon anyhow lol

Most likely a technical limitation than oh, R* just forgot. Having working mirrors means you have to render two points of view at the same time. It's like having splitscreen. Probably too much of a performance impact for consoles to have it.

I never played the last gen version. Can I still somehow get all the stuff offered to returning players?
Do you know someone with a last gen copy of the game and are willing to either lend you that copy or let you log in on your associated XBL/PSN accounts so you can get that progress?
Because that's the only way you're getting that content for now.

dreamfall

12 degrees here.

Totally braving it in D.C. Though it is like 30ish degrees! Gotta go physical!

Tainted

Do you know someone with a last gen copy of the game and are willing to either lend you that copy or let you log in on your associated XBL/PSN accounts so you can get that progress?
Because that's the only way you're getting that content for now.

Plus it's only the prologue mission you need...which can be easily completed in around 10mins

AmyS

From the IGN impressions:

On PlayStation 4, what looked incredible at 720p is now running at full 1080p resolution, with massively increased graphics settings, texture resolution, draw distance, tessellation (which gives the illusion of complex geometry on things like brick walls) and more.

Oh man, I hope tessellation is fully confirmed. PS4 and Xbox One GPUs are certainly capable of it (AMD GCN / Shader Model 5.1).

I was thinking about holding off and getting the PS4 black friday bundle, but I just decided to get it for my Xbox One now. A slight increase in the visuals wouldn't really matter to me as much as just playing the game as soon as possible, since I'll be playing the PC version next year either way.

I never played the last gen version of GTA V so I'm pretty excited to experience this.

Top Bottom