• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Tainted

Gamespot on the PS4 version:

Aside from a few mild frame rate issues that sometimes take the edge off its more dramatic moments

That's unfortunate....I was hoping it would be locked at 30, hopefully these frame drops are not too frequent.

AsfaeksBR

Any news on how the "Returning Player Bonus" will work?
After you log into Social Club And they detect you've played the last gen version, will it trigger a download with the extra mission/cars/guns or are they already in game?

Updating on my PS4, I hope a lot of people wait to update until I'm finished. . PSN is crappy.

Looking forward to going online and transferring my character. No way I'm waiting to be safe. They have their patch out plus it is on the cloud regardless. Before I stopped playing GTA 5 last year (moment current gen came out) I managed to get my character to level 80. I currently have about 527K of cash, the most expensive apartment at the time, and some nice cars (going to sell all of them beside my RH8 and Exemplar-4 doors). I need to get a better super and I will probably go for an Adder just because everything else looks like crap.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Most likely a technical limitation than oh, R* just forgot. Having working mirrors means you have to render two points of view at the same time. It's like having splitscreen. Probably too much of a performance impact for consoles to have it.

no way this makes sense. its one of the most important feature driving in cockpit view. Left and right mirror works but how can there be a technical limitation when it comes to rear view mirror.

Dabanton

Looks like I'll wait a few days to transfer my online. To be safe :)

Mine worked from the jump. My character came over all intact.

I'd say to anyone holding off that I'd probably transfer now before the inevitable avalanche of people trying to transfer their characters pretty soon.

16BitNova

So character transfers aren't working? Come on. 3 games I have bought in the last week have issues that are stalling me from playing them. What the fuck ever happened to releasing games that are complete and feature all the features that are promised?

And I say again. They want an all online future. Ha!

Any news on how the "Returning Player Bonus" will work?
After you log into Social Club And they detect you've played the last gen version, will it trigger a download with the extra mission/cars/guns or are they already in game?
if like last gen, everything is already in the game file

once you link your SC account, it'll just unlock them to spawn in the game world, appear on a list, or however they're accessed

like, e.g. "1 new hairstyle has been added to barber shops" or "Blimp is now available" or something.. in-game it should be seamless (if it's like SC content last gen)

How can I preload the entire game? I just bought the digital version on ps4 and only downloaded a 1gb file and something that was like 600-700 mb.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I was going to go to the midnight launch and pick up my copy, but the temperature has dropped more degrees than my excitement level can sustain. I hope everyone has a good time with it and I'll join you tomorrow.

Piggus

From the IGN impressions:

Oh man, I hope tessellation is fully confirmed. PS4 and Xbox One GPUs are certainly capable of it (AMD GCN / Shader Model 5.1).

From the screens we've seen it's probably paralax mapping, but still very cool nonetheless.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
How many hours to finish the main story?

depends, how fast you are. If you ONLY focus on SP and nothing else at all. I actually believe its possible to do it under 15hr.

But don't do it man, enjoy this game properly. Play and explore. This was one of my highlight of last gen.

Do you know someone with a last gen copy of the game and are willing to either lend you that copy or let you log in on your associated XBL/PSN accounts so you can get that progress?
Because that's the only way you're getting that content for now.

No, I don't sadly. I can't download a save file from the internet to a sub stick and upload it to my ps3?

Maybe 30 on average? Probably 15-20 if you cruise through...

I usually spent 50-60 though because I take the time to really prepare for missions, hangout, check news, make phone calls after missions to get extra story content/flavour, etc

but if you're just bum rushing the missions, sure you could do it in 20 hours easy

Hurley

Definitely Patch 1.02:

1540311_820771857965212_8980102104619241067_o.jpg

I haven't got that 1.02 update :/

no way this makes sense. its one of the most important feature driving in cockpit view. Left and right mirror works but how can there be a technical limitation when it comes to rear view mirror.

None of the mirrors work. I've been watching live streams all day.

Cc23830

So character transfers aren't working? Come on. 3 games I have bought in the last week have issues that are stalling me from playing them. What the fuck ever happened to releasing games that are complete and feature all the features that are promised?

And I say again. They want an all online future. Ha!

Mime worked fine 2 hours ago. Playing now. Ps4

Anyone have an opinion on what is the best super in terms of speed and aesthetics. The Zentorno is ugly.
Adder is still technically top speed... Zentorno,Turismo R, and I think Entity have better acceleration. Zentorno for sure. But eventually on a long enough highway, Adder will pass 'em.
I haven't got that 1.02 update :/
Try opening the game client and checking the timer, etc. It's downloading so slow for me so you should try start it ASAP to finish it before 12 EST

Adder is still technically top speed... Zentorno,Turismo R, and I think Entity have better acceleration. Zentorno for sure. But eventually on a long enough highway, Adder will pass 'em.

Try opening the game client and checking the timer, etc. It's downloading so slow for me so you should try start it ASAP to finish it before 12 EST

I'm thinking of ways of blowing cash when I get the game. I'm debating getting an Adder but how is it with most race tracks that requires turns? The Turismo R is also an option but I don't like hording cars. I really only want 1 of each category.

Tainted

If you just stick to the main story and just catch cabs everywhere eliminating travel times....I think you could easily finish it in around 12-14hrs

The side missions and other misc tasks are so much fun though, so you are missing out on the full experience by doing nothing else.

Most people spend a pretty large chunk of time just wandering around the map not actually doing anything in particular

Hurley

When I opened GTA V on the PS4 Dashboard to look at the countdown I had to download a patch.

Since it's been released in Aus there's no countdown timer, I've been playing the game but the only update I got was 1.01 and that was when I started preloading last night, I don't have any other updates in the downloaded list and checking for updates doesn't work.

I'm thinking of ways of blowing cash when I get the game. I'm debating getting an Adder but how is it with most race tracks that requires turns? The Turismo R is also an option but I don't like hording cars. I really only want 1 of each category.
Any of those other 3, especially the Zentorno and Turismo R...

I mean it's pretty rare in an actual race for the Adder to ever get close to top speed. And with 'catch up' turned on so often, acceleration and handling really matter the most. Just choose between the Lambo and 'Rari lookalike that you like the most :p

so, can someone let me know if the xbox media player works similar to how the media player on ps4 works...

where i can control the music while in game without having to back out of the game itself?

Do we know yet if the ps4 or Xbox one version runs more smooth? I hate framerate drops in GTA. :(
seems so... IGN and Kotaku said it's smoooth and barely mentioned any drops. GameSpot said it had a few drops when super chaotic and took marks off their review for it. In contrast, Destructoid said they never really saw any drops even when busy. It's going to go mid 20s I'm sure if 10 cars explode or you shootout with cops around 40 cars, but it seems that for the vast majority of gameplay, it's a pretty smooth 30.
Since it's been released in Aus there's no countdown timer, I've been playing the game but the only update I got was 1.01 and that was when I started preloading last night, I don't have any other updates in the downloaded list and checking for updates doesn't work.
if you exit the Client and use the Check For Updates option (on PS4; not sure about XBO) it should download.

Tigress

Do you know someone with a last gen copy of the game and are willing to either lend you that copy or let you log in on your associated XBL/PSN accounts so you can get that progress?
Because that's the only way you're getting that content for now.

I want to ask, how would that even work unless that person who is letting the person borrow the account has no plans on moving to current gen themselves?

You only get to transfer a character once and you can only transfer one account (so if you have an xbox 360 account and a PS3 account you have to pick which one you want to transfer). Probably because R* didn't want people doing that.

So.. I'd say if you are going to lend your social club account out to some one, make sure you don't ever want to transfer any of your GTA V accounts over to current gen.

whyman

seems so... IGN and Kotaku said it's smoooth and barely mentioned any drops. GameSpot said it had a few drops when super chaotic and took marks off their review for it. In contrast, Destructoid said they never really saw any drops even when busy. It's going to go mid 20s I'm sure if 10 cars explode or you shootout with cops around 40 cars, but it seems that for the vast majority of gameplay, it's a pretty smooth 30.
Good news, and any difference between xbone and ps4 as I have the option?

Any of those other 3, especially the Zentorno and Turismo R...

I mean it's pretty rare in an actual race for the Adder to ever get close to top speed. And with 'catch up' turned on so often, acceleration and handling really matter the most. Just choose between the Lambo and 'Rari lookalike that you like the most :p

Sorry for all the noob questions but it's been over a year since I played. Does the Adder have good handling and acceleration? Can an Adder driver win if they are skilled?

Plus having Adder bonds was something I heard about a lot when I stopped playing and I think it is a hilarious idea to have some safe investments.

jediyoshi

I want to ask, how would that even work unless that person who is letting the person borrow the account has no plans on moving to current gen themselves?

You only get to transfer a character once and you can only transfer one account (so if you have an xbox 360 account and a PS3 account you have to pick which one you want to transfer). Probably because R* didn't want people doing that.

So.. I'd say if you are going to lend your social club account out to some one, make sure you don't ever want to transfer any of your GTA V accounts over to current gen.

What? Borrow the game, not the account.

Good news, and any difference between xbone and ps4 as I have the option?
not really, not that i've seen... IQ looks basically the same and only difference really seems to be related to contrast (and I think you could tweak that via your TV). I'm sure Digital Foundry will find differences but it seems close enough that I would choose based on what controller you want to use or which account/acheivements you care about more.
Sorry for all the noob questions but it's been over a year since I played. Does the Adder have good handling and acceleration? Can an Adder driver win if they are skilled?

Plus having Adder bonds was something I heard about a lot when I stopped playing and I think it is a hilarious idea to have some safe investments.
honestly, the driving in GTA V is so arcade-y and the 'racing' so inconsequential that you should just go with whichever one you like the most :)

the differences are so minor that the only people that notice are folks that play GTAO every single day and actually set-up controlled and non-gameplay-realistic tests to see the small differences. for most people playing the game you'll almost never notice any difference.

you will notice a Zentorno and Turismo R having faster acceleration but over the course of an actual race and especially with the common 'catch up' features turned on, it'll be very little about the cars and more about the drivers. and people really don't take racing that seriously in GTAO.

go with whichever one you get excited about haha :) don't worry about the small differences and if that becomes important in a couple months, buy another car hehe

Top Bottom