• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

so are you saying, i cant play my own music and control it while in game like i can on ps4 "yet" ?
It'll run snapped is what I mean.
At least as far as I know.

I want to ask, how would that even work unless that person who is letting the person borrow the account has no plans on moving to current gen themselves?

You only get to transfer a character once and you can only transfer one account (so if you have an xbox 360 account and a PS3 account you have to pick which one you want to transfer). Probably because R* didn't want people doing that.

So.. I'd say if you are going to lend your social club account out to some one, make sure you don't ever want to transfer any of your GTA V accounts over to current gen.
No, You misunderstand. You'd go log in to your account on their 360 or PS3 and complete the prologue. Then you'd plug in your XBL/PSN account information into the SC website with either your existing account there or a new one and you should at that point be eligible for the rewards.

So why was the preload with the latest patch only 1.7ish gb? What am I missing here? I click on the GTA icon on the dash and it just shows the countdown. PS4 by the way.

jediyoshi

So why was the preload with the latest patch only 1.7ish gb? What am I missing here? I click on the GTA icon on the dash and it just shows the countdown. PS4 by the way.

Hit the options button over the icon and check the information, it's downloading the rest in the background.

Aww Fuck It.

I'm going out in 2 hours to get my copy.

Who's braving the cold tonight also ?

czY9QSx.jpg
Damn I think I'm in the northeast part of Florida that's getting hit supposed to be 28 degrees tomorrow

Why would you reference last gen when we've had a whole year of this gen to base experiences off of?

Fair enough.

And my bad, I thought some games loaded from a combination of the disc and the HDD. Diablo is always spinning when I'm playing on PS4.

But the digital edition last gen was said to have more pop in and issues with LOD.

GravyButt

Highs of 33 for the next two days in NY. Fucking hell
In MA. Western MA to be specific, and man were we lucky all this heavy ass rain wasnt snow today. Going to be a ton of black ice tonight and tomorrow morning. My friend just txt me he is cancelling his physical and just ordered it digitally because of it. I found it funny, but oh well be safe

Pachimari

Hmmm... I'm really thinking of cancelling my order when I wake up tomorrow.

Because I would like it for PC as well, to get the best performance, but I could imagine the online aspect being more active on the PlayStation 4.

How's the online section on the current-gen systems?

Hmmm... I'm really thinking of cancelling my order when I wake up tomorrow.

Because I would like it for PC as well, to get the best performance, but I could imagine the online aspect being more active on the PlayStation 4.

How's the online section on the current-gen systems?
As far as popularity, I've never had issues getting players in a room.

GravyButt

Never played gta online on the 360. Whats it like? I literally know 0 about it, what modes ect. All I know is all of my friends say it's extremely fricken fun. Anyone care to elaborate for me? :)

Pachimari

But is it possible to play games like cops versus robbers, where I have to catch the other players with a police car?

Or is it all just free-roaming stunts and races?

Yea. What I meant to say they don't work realistically. Hardly what I call usable.

they are realistic but not practical, for example, they have sun glare. That's attention to detail:

rq7lvH0.png

Perfect mirrors are problematic. You're asking the engine to calculate an accurate world view all over again, from a different camera position. Everything in the scene except the actual pixel rendering has to be re-computed.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Holy hell so many of you are buying the digital edition. After the issues with the last-gen's digital, why take the chance?

lol doesnt matter which version you buy this gen. They will all operate the dame way. Even with your physical disk, it will still read from the HDD, disk will be there just for check in.

lol beaten. Sorry on phone, didnt see all the replies. Seems like I am beating the dead horse now.

not really, not that i've seen... IQ looks basically the same and only difference really seems to be related to contrast (and I think you could tweak that via your TV). I'm sure Digital Foundry will find differences but it seems close enough that I would choose based on what controller you want to use or which account/acheivements you care about more.

honestly, the driving in GTA V is so arcade-y and the 'racing' so inconsequential that you should just go with whichever one you like the most :)

the differences are so minor that the only people that notice are folks that play GTAO every single day and actually set-up controlled and non-gameplay-realistic tests to see the small differences. for most people playing the game you'll almost never notice any difference.

you will notice a Zentorno and Turismo R having faster acceleration but over the course of an actual race and especially with the common 'catch up' features turned on, it'll be very little about the cars and more about the drivers. and people really don't take racing that seriously in GTAO.

go with whichever one you get excited about haha :) don't worry about the small differences and if that becomes important in a couple months, buy another car hehe

Thanks for the advice and tips man. I think I'll go for the Adder just because I like the unique look and it will attract attention and I'm always down for some good PVP for GTA:O.

so...

xbone version benefits - can play with friends sometimes when our schedules actually sync up

ps4 version benefits - ds4 specific features and able to play my own music whenever I want...

im starting to lean towards dat ps4 version doe....

kyser73

How can I preload the entire game? I just bought the digital version on ps4 and only downloaded a 1gb file and something that was like 600-700 mb.

When you're over the game tile, click 'Options' and go to 'Information' and it'll show you the d/l progress of the whole file.

todahawk

Oh I agree, when it comes to sound RDR is easily their best, but there are several other aspects of MP3, mostly in control and animation, that they failed to use as well. It was likely a memory constraint last gen, so I really hope their next game picks up where they left off before GTAV and continues to improve.

I can't even imagine how good next-gen RDR will look. Even on the PS3 version I used to just go sit and watch the scenery.

Top Bottom