• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Acorn

Is doing this crappy Ifruit chop the dog app worth it? I ignored it last year and just tried it tonight and it sucks(that's the joke haha :/)

Diagol

So I already have my copy of the game. I just checked the mail after a long day, and lo and behold, it arrived from Best Buy!

Calgary, Canada here. I'm installing it right now and downloading the update file.

EDIT: Oh and I've never played the game so I'm going in without knowing anything. :)

Vidpixel

I'm pretty sure I'll play most of the game like so: first-person when walking around, third-person while taking cover and driving.

rbanke

Weird, My buddy texted me saying he ordered the PS4 Digital code from Amazon but they won't give it to him until 3am EST. Why would they hold the code for a game that has preloading? Kinda shitty.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Weird, My buddy texted me saying he ordered the PS4 Digital code from Amazon but they won't give it to him until 3am EST. Why would they hold the code for a game that has preloading? Kinda shitty.

My question would be, why would someone order a code from Amazon. When they can just start pre-loading on Xbox One and PS4 right away lol

todahawk

I'll just say prepare to be shot at random. Alot.

Always set your spawn point at your apartment and watch your radar constantly. Paranoia is the way to go with GTAO. Player does a slow drive by? Empty a clip into his car. Who cares if he might have been admiring your character or vehicle. Exit the mod shop at full speed with guns ready too.

Played a mission with some nice randoms? As soon as the mission is done and you're back in free roam bug the fuck out and deposit your cash with your cellphone as soon as possible. Don't even think of getting friendly post game.

Oh, and set your car to friends + crew only. Or maybe just yourself depending on your friends.

Fuzyfrog

So the preorder bonus money... Showed up for Franklin and Michael and then dissapeard for michael, No money credited to my online character either?

rbanke

My question would be, why would someone order a code from Amazon. When they can just start pre-loading on Xbox One and PS4 right away lol

He has Amazon credit. I'll usually buy psn cards from Amazon (or game codes if they are on sale) over buying directly from PSN because I get 3x rewards on my credit card. Aside from all that, I get errors half the time when trying to buy from the psn store using my card.

dreamfall

Always set your spawn point at your apartment and watch your radar constantly. Paranoia is the way to go with GTAO. Player does a slow drive by? Empty a clip into his car. Who cares if he might have been admiring your character or vehicle. Exit the mod shop at full speed with guns ready too.

Played a mission with some nice randoms? As soon as the mission is done and you're back in free roam bug the fuck out and deposit your cash with your cellphone as soon as possible. Don't even think of getting friendly post game.

Oh, and set your car to friends + crew only. Or maybe just yourself depending on your friends.

Amen to all of this. Paranoia is your friend, sound advice!

Out here at this midnight launch, freeeeeezing!

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
He has Amazon credit. I'll usually buy psn cards from Amazon (or game codes if they are on sale) over buying directly from PSN because I get 3x rewards on my credit card. Aside from all that, I get errors half the time when trying to buy from the psn store using my card.

Ahh. I see.

Not only is this good advice but a perfect summery of GTAO

ufo8mycat

Thought as much, couple of small weird issues with trophy's popping up multiple times but the game itself runs like a dream

Not related to GTA V, but you reminded me regarding trophy popups

Since Sony decided to introduce so you can view the trophy you got when the trophy pops up during your game and you can press the PS button, as anyone had issues where it doesn't load into the trophy screen, but you just get the music?

This is why GTA:O is so much fun. Trust no one.

Best buy pre order can they pull up my GTA with phone number?

I am not confirming this, but when I preordered mine at Best Buy, the lady told me specifically that they could pull it up by my phone number if I lost the receipt.

They put in your rewards information so they have your name on the item ready to go. Everything I every preorder at Best Buy has my name on it when I pick it up.

Basketball

tumblr_inline_mnd3e1s5jX1qz4rgp.gif

Im excited

Gotta say, we aren't helping the "gamer" stereotype by discussing having to go outdoors into the cold, cold world to pick up the game. lol.

todahawk

This is why GTA:O is so much fun. Trust no one.

Exactly, it's pure chaos and I love it.

Nothing better than cold revenge and sniping a bunch of shit heads 10 minutes after they fucked with you and then camping out in my apartment while they ring the buzzer at my front door.

Oh, and using the quick menu to mark a player (err target) is very handy for keeping tabs on someone. Makes them blink on your radar.

btw, psn id is same as my gaf name if anyone needs co-conspirators for GTAO

this would be ok but DO YOU LOSE YOUR STUFF?

coming out of the MOD SHOP someone blows up your new ride do you lose the car and mods?

can people invade your apartment?

how many ways can you lose your car collection?

Me and some 2 buddies were playing GTA Online when it came out on PS3. We had tons of online cash, so we went would put huge bounties on like 2 or 3 people, then just watch the carnage unfold.

You would hear people saying "Who put the bounty on me, who put the bounty on me!" One time, 2 guys that had big bounties holed up in a parking garage and it was like a mini game in itself. Trying to get up to the second to the top level to kill them. People were flying towards them in Copters, cars, trucks, everything. Shooting Rockets from the top of buildings towards them. It was so much fun to just fly around and watch.

Gotta say, we aren't helping the "gamer" stereotype by discussing having to go outdoors into the cold, cold world to pick up the game. lol.

It's one thing to commit to a midnight release when you have work or school the next morning, but freezing temps are a deal breaker when you're on the fence.

Yeah. I sometimes make alliance with randoms but we eventually turn on each other.

I love when people think I'm being friendly with them and then I bean them on the back of the head with the police baton. I only wish you didn't get in trouble for blowing up player's cars so I could be an even bigger menace

Ugh, still only at 20.27 GB - looks like I have to wait until tomorrow evening after work to play. The game will still download in Rest mode, right?

The Llama

Ugh, still only at 20.27 GB - looks like I have to wait until tomorrow evening after work to play. The game will still download in Rest mode, right?

Same, except I'm at 22GB. Shame, because I started it almost 4 hours ago and I know my internet is fast enough that it should be done by now. Oh well.

todahawk

this would be ok but DO YOU LOSE YOUR STUFF?

coming out of the MOD SHOP someone blows up your new ride do you lose the car and mods?

can people invade your apartment?

how many ways can you lose your car collection?

Some ass can blow up your custom ride but just double check your vehicles are insured (standard vehicles you get off the street aren't insured unless you take one, mod it and buy the insurance). Whoever blows up your car has to pay the fees. If someone blows up a personal vehicle often enough they get thrown into timeout with other naughty players (don't know if the rules on that changed as I don't play that way but that's the way it was for the longest time).

Nope, no one gets into your apartment unless you let them. You can force eject people from your car as well if you change your mind.

Can't really lose your car collection. In the early days of GTAO it was messy but they've worked out most of the major flaws.

todahawk

Me and some 2 buddies were playing GTA Online when it came out on PS3. We had tons of online cash, so we went would put huge bounties on like 2 or 3 people, then just watch the carnage unfold.

You would hear people saying "Who put the bounty on me, who put the bounty on me!" One time, 2 guys that had big bounties holed up in a parking garage and it was like a mini game in itself. Trying to get up to the second to the top level to kill them. People were flying towards them in Copters, cars, trucks, everything. Shooting Rockets from the top of buildings towards them. It was so much fun to just fly around and watch.

Oh god, I forgot about bounties! Or muggings!
Best way to take car of an asshole in a tank was to pay to have him mugged and then snipe his ass as the mugger pulled him out!

I can't wait to break into the airport and steal jets again. Already have a little bird bought and available. So fun to have a gunner and just fly over the city and pick off targets.

Top Bottom