• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

List of items to buy once I transfer my character and get my bonus money
  • Adder
  • Furore
  • Higher End Apartment (Selling my old one for half price)
  • Buzzard
  • Combat MG
  • Automatic Pistol
  • Automatic Shotgun

God I remember how fun this game was when I didn't feel the need to grind. Just enjoying the game and killing people.

Edit: For tank owners is it even worth it? It seems so slow and boring.

Kolgar

Traded my 360 game tonight at Best Buy. Still can't believe how good that looked on last-gen.

Kind of wanted the new-gen version on the One but going PS4 mostly for the screenshot function, believe it or not. Get it together, MS!

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
This is going to be me all day tomorrow:
YKxmJx2.png

Teknoman

By the way, how does the gang system work again, or is there even a point to it?

Man would it be awesome if free aim was the only aim in GTA...

Same, except I'm at 22GB. Shame, because I started it almost 4 hours ago and I know my internet is fast enough that it should be done by now. Oh well.

Yea same here, PSN is always slow. I really need to get a longer cord so I can go wired but it keeps slipping my mind. That might have something to do with it too.

todahawk

List of items to buy once I transfer my character and get my bonus money
  • Adder
  • Furore
  • Higher End Apartment (Selling my old one for half price)
  • Buzzard
  • Combat MG
  • Automatic Pistol
  • Automatic Shotgun

God I remember how fun this game was when I didn't feel the need to grind. Just enjoying the game and killing people.

Edit: For tank owners is it even worth it? It seems so slow and boring.

I wouldn't bother with buying a tank. I bought a little bird and it's not the most convenient to have to go to a certain location to pick it up. Same with tanks and as you said... slow. Too easy to blow up personal vehicles as well.

SZips

To those that want to screw around in first person mode, don't forget you can manually trigger the ragdoll by jumping and then hitting the reload button (default of O on PS4 or B on Xbox).

Jin

Always set your spawn point at your apartment and watch your radar constantly. Paranoia is the way to go with GTAO. Player does a slow drive by? Empty a clip into his car. Who cares if he might have been admiring your character or vehicle. Exit the mod shop at full speed with guns ready too.

Played a mission with some nice randoms? As soon as the mission is done and you're back in free roam bug the fuck out and deposit your cash with your cellphone as soon as possible. Don't even think of getting friendly post game.

Oh, and set your car to friends + crew only. Or maybe just yourself depending on your friends.

LOL. This sounds like something from Mad Max.

Vidpixel

By the way, how does the gang system work again, or is there even a point to it?

Man would it be awesome if free aim was the only aim in GTA...

I really don't understand why it isn't. I'm pretty sure people have gotten the hang of manually aiming with the right stick by now.

MGR

I know some don't visit the AusGAF OT so for Australian gamers looking to find a cheap copy, JB have a 20% voucher going by that puts it to $56.

Thanks for that.

I priced matched JB for GTAV $64 and FC4 $68 (BigW), then got another $20 off :)

Some ass can blow up your custom ride but just double check your vehicles are insured (standard vehicles you get off the street aren't insured unless you take one, mod it and buy the insurance). Whoever blows up your car has to pay the fees. If someone blows up a personal vehicle often enough they get thrown into timeout with other naughty players (don't know if the rules on that changed as I don't play that way but that's the way it was for the longest time).

Nope, no one gets into your apartment unless you let them. You can force eject people from your car as well if you change your mind.

Can't really lose your car collection. In the early days of GTAO it was messy but they've worked out most of the major flaws.

Oh this is great stuff GTAO sound like a place I'll enjoy for a while

todahawk

LOL. This sounds like something from Mad Max.

Oh it is.
Some nights me and friends just sit on the couch on our GTAO apartment and turn the channel on the TV to some poor schmuck that's being chased by a pack of tormentors.

Yes, you can use the TV in your apartment to watch 'local' tv and watch whatever player you want.
You also have a channel that shows who's outside your garage door and front door.

Or you take a chopper and camp out on the roof of a highrise and watch the city tear itself apart.

Teknoman

I really don't understand why it isn't. I'm pretty sure people have gotten the hang of manually aiming with the right stick by now.

You'd think so. Especially with them going with first person camera options. That had to be the worst thing about GTA MP, people could just lock on and run away while shooting backwards or whatever.

dammit i got 10 monutes to decide!!

xbox one version or ps4 ds4 superior version

fack!

i shoulda never got a xbox one. these decisions were alot easier

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Are we sure it will unlock at 12 exact? lol I will be pissed if not.

dammit i got 10 monutes to decide!!

xbox one version or ps4 ds4 superior version

fack!

i shoulda never got a xbox one. these decisions were alot easier

Friends/ achievements or trophies?

Top Bottom