• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

oneils

boourns. looks like the game needs a full download before installing. psn is throttling the download something fierce. im averaging under a gb per hour.

calder

Prologue is awesome, God I love driving in first person.

Three of my brothers and I were in a party. Three of us started the game with no issues, one has the 0% installing thing. Sadly he's the one most excited by the game, feel bad for him lol.

DOWN

Banned
I'm confused as to how I get my cash pre-order bonus. I saw some people posting saying it was listed like DLC in their Related Content. Mine is not there.

OraleeWey

I am not confirming this, but when I preordered mine at Best Buy, the lady told me specifically that they could pull it up by my phone number if I lost the receipt.

They put in your rewards information so they have your name on the item ready to go. Everything I every preorder at Best Buy has my name on it when I pick it up.
Thanks man. I was hoping someone replied faster so that I didn't have to go home first after work. I still needed up going home for the receipt.

That was the smoothest midnight (9:00pm PST) launch I've even attended. I was in and out in 2 minutes. The game is installing, beer is in the fridge. Just have to pick my girlfriend up from work then it's GTA time!

That wasn't the case with me. How do you even get the "full preload"?
Full preload happens in the background after the initial 600MB download (and updates). Press Options on the game tile and then Information and it should say how much is left to download or if it's completed.

If it's completed and it's still installing.. I don't know what to tell you because I had 0 install time. :/

install from the disc is so slow on ps4 about 20% in 15 mins. Downloading the patch is slow but at least it's only a 1.4 gig. Took about 20 mins for me to download the patch.

I really miss getting home and playing my new game right away.

Even though I set the game to preload yesterday, I still have the entire game to download.

Fucking fantastic. Won't be able to play til Thursday now.

Scrawnton

install from the disc is so slow on ps4 about 20% in 15 mins. Downloading the patch is slow but at least it's only a 1.4 gig. Took about 20 mins for me to download the patch.

Same. I'm not sure why the install is taking this long. Disc copy. Ugh.

I am not as hyped as I was for the last gen launch, but still far more than for any other game released this year. Dat GTA. Few more hours till I can start the PS4 install. (welp)

I won't be able to play it until 10:00 tomorrow. Get out of work at six, grocery shopping, and the girl got Divergent from Netflix today so I gotta put in some time.

Ugh. Why am I in this thread.

USC-fan

Banned
Sony just cannot do anything right. I mean it says unlocks 12am so i plan for that shit. Get on and unlocks 2 hours after 12am est WTF!

HOW THE FUCK DO THESE PSN GUYS STILL HAVE A JOB!

Scrawnton

Sony just cannot do anything right. I mean it says unlocks 12am so i plan for that shit. Get on and unlocks 2 hours after 12am est WTF!

My little brother preloaded it and it turned on for us at 12am est. we are from that time zone.

Pagusas

Elden Member

Worked for me and several other people in this thread, curious what could be causing your problem

ryushe

While I do enjoy the XB1's "play as you install" feature, it really truly bums me out that the notion of "insert game and play" has gone the way of the dodo.

It's why I love my Wii U and hope Nintendo keeps fighting the good fight.

Top Bottom