• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

RdN

Just finished the prologue and imported my GTA: Online character, went without a hitch. Very pleased with the new character creator.

outsida

My Online stuff was recognized pretty easily I didn't have to log in or anything it just recognized my gamertag and asked me if I wanted to transfer my online character over.

ShutterMunster

FPS driving is rough if you're in one of those sports cars. It's just too damn twitchy, especially after you hit the breaks. Shame. The rest of it is glorious, absolutely glorious. Playing on PS4 btw.

Just finished the prologue and imported my GTA: Online character, went without a hitch. Very pleased with the new character creator.

Lucky, I still have problems but I'm calling it a night.

Also is that a AKK in your picture (looks like the famous Kiwi)?

ramuh

Is anyone else's GTA:O character missing? I had one on PS3, made a good amount of progress, but haven't played since the PS4 released. Did they wipe the characters or something? Not showing up on the web site either.

Isn't it linked to your social club account? Probably also because it's launch time, maybe the servers are getting hammered.

RyudBoy

I dunno... XB1 version looks very shimmery when driving around, but maybe it's just because I'm used to Forza Horizon 2s insane image quality.

Hawk269

On Xbox One I have the game installed, the preorder bonus installed and my game save. But I noticed another file that was labeled GTAV Reserved and it is 14gb. When I clicked on it a message popped up that said it was a reserve for GTAV and if I delete it, the game will recreate it when I launch the game again.

Anyone know what this is for? 14gb reserve for what?

Anyways, game looks great, even more so at night. Pretty impressed but seems like the lower poly characters stand out a bit now that it is 1080p. Regardless, played a few missions and enjoying it and it looks good. So fare pretty damn some. Some aliasing, but nothing horrid and no screen tearing, pop-in or anything like that. IQ seems a lot cleaner at night than during the day when flying down the roads in the city.

neoism

FPS driving is rough if you're in one of those sports cars. It's just too damn twitchy, especially after you hit the breaks. Shame. The rest of it is glorious, absolutely glorious. Playing on PS4 btw.

meh I will be driving in third person but mostly playing a mix of first and third for shooting.. lol FP driving LOL

Vhagar

Neo Member
WHY the FUCK does it take sooo long to install from a fucking disc... @_@ RAGEFACE

blu ray read speeds.
PS4 reads at a max of 27mb per second. A full 50GB blu ray would take somewhere around 30 minutes.
Pretty insane that blu ray can't match USB 2.0 speeds from a decade ago.

Hawk269

I dunno... XB1 version looks very shimmery when driving around, but maybe it's just because I'm used to Forza Horizon 2s insane image quality.

At night it seems a lot cleaner, perhaps due to not as many shadows having to be rendered. Even though it looks a little shimmery as you say, it is still pretty and runs very good. Yeah that IQ in Forza Horizon 2 is just insane though, one of the cleaner games on any platform.

ctfg23

I got the notification that I get the extra stuff for being a returning player but at ammu-nation the hatchet and railgun are locked. Is anyone else having this problem?

N° 2048

Just got a notification showing how to get pre-order bonus.

To claim the 500,000 in story mode, enter GTAV pause menu and select the playstation store via the pause menu and download the pack entitled "500,000 for GTAV"

For online money download pack called "800,000 for GTA V online."

Sweet.

edit: worked!

Morac

Neo Member
I ordered from PSN and pre-loaded on Sunday, all 50 GB of it. All set to play at midnight, but the stupid time clock doesn't expire till 2 AM EST (I'm on East Coast). What was the point?

FordGTGuy

Banned
Bought and preloaded digitally on Xbox One.

Says 100% ready to start on My Games and Apps.

When I launch the game it goes to a loading screen with rotating images and says "Installing 24%" on the bottom right.... Maybe the preload got messed up?

FatalT

Banned
My PS4 pre-load unlocked at midnight on the east coast. The PS4 PRE-ORDER BONUS MONEY is in the "Packs" section of the "Playstation Store" tab in the pause menu. They should be FREE for you if you pre-ordered. Download both the single player and online money packs and you're golden!

Hawk269

Bought and preloaded digitally on Xbox One.

Says 100% ready to start on My Games and Apps.

When I launch the game it goes to a loading screen with rotating images and says "Installing 24%" on the bottom right.... Maybe the preload got messed up?

I logged onto my Xbox One a few minutes after 9pm PST and I got a pop up that Dragon Age was ready and right after I got the notification that GTAV was ready. I said launch and was playing. I had pre-loaded it earlier in the day. So not sure what yours is doing, unless there was a patch that yours is currently downloading perhaps?

FordGTGuy

Banned
I logged onto my Xbox One a few minutes after 9pm PST and I got a pop up that Dragon Age was ready and right after I got the notification that GTAV was ready. I said launch and was playing. I had pre-loaded it earlier in the day. So not sure what yours is doing, unless there was a patch that yours is currently downloading perhaps?

I think I might've triggered the glitch that redownloads the entire game(feels that way), currently at 27%.

N° 2048

Just got a notification showing how to get pre-order bonus.

To claim the 500,000 in story mode, enter GTAV pause menu and select the playstation store via the pause menu and download the pack entitled "500,000 for GTAV"

For online money download pack called "800,000 for GTA V online."

Sweet.

edit: worked!

Quote for new page.

Top Bottom