• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

RyudBoy

At night it seems a lot cleaner, perhaps due to not as many shadows having to be rendered. Even though it looks a little shimmery as you say, it is still pretty and runs very good. Yeah that IQ in Forza Horizon 2 is just insane though, one of the cleaner games on any platform.

I haven't played in nighttime yet. Currently trying to transfer my 360 profile over, but no luck.

But yeah, game runs great, and I haven't notice any screen tearing in the brief time I've played either.

The Argus

Pretty happy with the preload process in the end. It was slow but everything was good to go at 12 on the dot. By 12:02 I was in the prologue. Wish I could play more tonight, I was smiling like a fool the whole time.

RollTIde1017

Neo Member
This sucks! My preload completed on Sunday, both game and update files downloaded and installed. Game info has said that it will unlock on 11/17/2014 11:00 pm for a month but, it is now midnight central time and it stills says I have an hour before it unlocks. This is my first experience with a digital pre-order and so far I give it an F.

Sony, don't tell me it will unlock at one time and then have the countdown timer continue for 2 additional hours. That's a jerk move!

WHY the FUCK does it take sooo long to install from a fucking disc... @_@ RAGEFACE

Maybe something to do with the way the original was coded? I remember that it took an ungodly time to install on the 360 and that was just a DVD.

This is 3 times larger.

Someone mentioned in one of the other threads that loading times havent improved much either, seems like that side of the game wasnt touched as much as the other parts.

y7OZbj.gif

So it says the issue with character transfer between gens is for people who haven't played online since 2013. Could have sworn I did but no character found even though my profile is linked.

HPhins54

Neo Member
Currently installing digital on PS4. Been sitting at 0% for 5 minutes...this is going to take a while.

Edit - 3% in 20 minutes. Guess I'll just let it download through the night.

z3phon

WTF Is there some setting I need to enable to preload the game even if it goes in to rest mode?
I turned the PS4 on this morning to preload the game and I come back from work and my downloads still not done, only 15gb downloaded

bill0527

Played on PS4 for about thirty minutes.

No doubt in my mind that those early screenshots and vids supposedly in-game on PS3/Xbox 360 were straight up bullshots. They were all from the next gen version.

Jesus Christ.....the install time is ridiculous. I totally wasn't expecting this. I figured I could play a little tonight before I went to bed but it's been 30 minutes now and I'm only at 16%.

Was it like this last year too? I seem to recall a long ass install on the PS3 but then again I may be mistaken. It's been awhile.

Looks like I'm gonna have to wait until tomorrow to play this

RdN

Just got a notification showing how to get pre-order bonus.

To claim the 500,000 in story mode, enter GTAV pause menu and select the playstation store via the pause menu and download the pack entitled "500,000 for GTAV"

For online money download pack called "800,000 for GTA V online."

Sweet.

edit: worked!

Not working on the Xbox One for me.. Nothing shows up on the Xbox Store in game. :(

Nori Chan

Just transfered both my characters. My decent looking female alt looks old in game but not in the creation screen. Isn't there like a plastic surgeon spot they said? Or was that the first creation screen

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Not working on the Xbox One for me.. Nothing shows up on the Xbox Store in game. :(

Yeah but for me, 500k are deposited in my Online account but not in SP. Check your online profile at least. You should see money there.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
So how are the framerate and the FPS mode guys ?

Foe me FPS mode is garbage. Tried it for 10min and instantly switched it back. GTA isnt GTA without that great third person view.

And fps is good so far, but I havent did any heavy blow up but driving seems smooth on high speed. Xbox version btw

Top Bottom