• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Today is my friends birthday and we were gonna celebrate causing some chaos in GTA Online but fucking join and invite systems are disabled.

Same on PS4? I think I am gonna sleep :( have beat the campaign twice already last gen, but wanted to play some online.

Couldn't resist and tried to transfer my character to Online. Went smoother than expected, but now I'm having issues connecting to a session. Bah!

R3TRODYCE

Yeah but for me, 500k are deposited in my Online account but not in SP. Check your online profile at least. You should see money there.
Opposite for me; 500k in my sp but nothing in my mp. I was about buy a new house then I realized I'm broke lol

Blablurn

My game unlocks in 20 minutes. Can this be right? First it should have unlocked 7.5h ago. Then 1.5h ago and now I'm waiting again.

Absolutely serious. Game looks like an obvious last gen game so far to me (on xb1).

Just got done flying a helicopter really low around the city. I would have to disagree personally. The glow coming off of the lit buildings, glass shimmering and reflecting the neon lights above my Weasel 101 apartment. I'm amazed and love the look. I would be fine if the next GTA or RDR had this sort of style. (PS4)

Loakum

Banned
Double dip acquired:

w8Z0T8zl.jpg

BPwkLVUl.jpg

xkramz

This sucks! My preload completed on Sunday, both game and update files downloaded and installed. Game info has said that it will unlock on 11/17/2014 11:00 pm for a month but, it is now midnight central time and it stills says I have an hour before it unlocks. This is my first experience with a digital pre-order and so far I give it an F.

Sony, don't tell me it will unlock at one time and then have the countdown timer continue for 2 additional hours. That's a jerk move!

Haven't been following the thread, preload still won't unlock any fixes?
This!!! Wtf Sony !!! This is bullshit

red731

Went to sleep earlier -not waiting for midnight to unlock.
Woke up two hours ealier before work and damn, it looks so great. It is good to be back in Los Santos!

Fuckin' LD aka Long Dick aka homie. Still funny as ever.

ed: Ugh, hearing about the installs I am really glad I preloaded for like day and a half. Thanks Sony servers! Dat speed!

damidu

does the game has to be fully downloaded to complete initial install?
was sitting at %2 for some 10 minutes, had to leave for work so i put ps4 to rest mode.

thought this supported play-go.

Derpyduck

Banned
Played the PS4 version for the past 1.5 hours. Quick impressions from someone that played the 360 version for months off and on:

- Looks nice and sharp, but doesn't look gorgeous
- foliage and shadows literally pop-in right in front of you all the time. Right in front of you. Not far far away. Right in front of you. Yuck
- framerate driving through the city in single player during the day still drops a bunch with nothing going on
- first person perspective sucks. Goofy novelty is all it is.
- Transferred my 360 char, went online, but every lobby is empty.
- In Online I chose Store and then packs to get my pre-order bonus money. There were two packs, both free. One for 500k, the other for 800k.

Overall it's smoother than the previous gen version and much sharper, but the framerate can still be troublesome driving around. Pop-in is atrocious. Game is still a blast to fuck around in.

Suirrad

Wow, I wasn't planning on getting this day one, but I just noticed the $30 trade in deal at Target. Seems too good to let slip. Will pick up in the morn!

N° 2048

Played the PS4 version for the past 1.5 hours. Quick impressions from someone that played the 360 version for months off and on:

- Looks nice and sharp, but doesn't look gorgeous
- foliage and shadows literally pop-in right in front of you all the time. Right in front of you. Not far far away. Right in front of you. Yuck
- framerate driving through the city in single player during the day still drops a bunch with nothing going on
- first person perspective sucks. Goofy novelty is all it is.
- Transferred my 360 char, went online, but every lobby is empty.
- In Online I chose Store and then packs to get my pre-order bonus money. There were two packs, both free. One for 500k, the other for 800k.

Overall it's smoother than the previous gen version and much sharper, but the framerate can still be troublesome driving around. Pop-in is atrocious. Game is still a blast to fuck around in.

supernatural-jensen-ackles-dean-winchester-confused-gif.gif

Binabik15

Why is my Amazon library still saying "cancel preorder". Give me my code and take my money, isn't it past Midnight in most of the US?

I have to leave for uni and wanted to play when I come back in the evening :(

shandy706

Played waaaay to long...have to go to bed and work.

Game is awesome! Did an online race and managed 2nd.

Night all.

Edit** Played it all in first person so far.

What? Has this been reported anywhere else? Would suck.

Also disappointed about the framerate impressions. PC version will save me in January.

I think I will love 1st person mode but will only use it from time to time.

i wish my game installed super fast like all of yours to where you guys could play it for a few hours. thankfully ill fall asleep before it finishes and wont get to play till tomorrow night. good shit

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Yeah me too going to sleep. Dont think this invite/join session going to work anytime soon today.

Good night you all.

Tobor

The first person mode is not a novelty or gimmick. It's frigging amazing. It just takes a little getting used to. Also, make sure you set the controls to standard FPS.

ZeroX03

Banned
So I've managed to download the DLC through the in-game PlayStation store menu but it hasn't actually added any cash to my online or offline characters. Anyone else?

And 30 seconds after typing this I got a little notification saying the money had been added to my account. Just took ten minutes.

Dajanksta

Banned
I love how people are dogging the fps after trying it for such a short time. Give yourself a chance to get used to it. I haven't seen any pop in in the hours of footage ive seen like described. Hope that isn't an issue :(

Top Bottom