• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Derpyduck

Banned
So I've managed to download the DLC through the in-game PlayStation store menu but it hasn't actually added any cash to my online or offline characters. Anyone else?

And 30 seconds after typing this I got a little notification saying the money had been added to my account. Just took ten minutes.

One pack did, the other didn't yet. One of them is set to the original release timer it looks like.

Also people really should not expect perfect AA in a game with such delicate geometry. GTA4 does not have perfect IQ running at 4k+SMAA.

And yeah, for now I am not taking negative impressions on FPM seriously.

red731

I think we're gonna have to differentiate between frames per second and first person shooter somehow

Yeah. It is going to get hectic in this matter
KuGsj.gif

That said - was watching streamer yesterday, DeanBeana(?) on LTZonda's(?) stream and one D was asking for FOV option showcase - dude went all "You mean like first person? We in that haha lol." Soooo...

ed: Bwahaha, what Gaz wrote :D

LeFAIS

Got my 500k for the sp, but still waiting for my 500k + 300k (pre order bonus) for the mp. Does it take a while since I transferred my character from ps3 to ps4?

Eu btw and totally loving this game!

LeFAIS

Yeah. It is going to get hectic in this matter
KuGsj.gif

That said - was watching streamer yesterday, DeanBeana(?) on LTZonda's(?) stream and one D was asking for FOV option showcase - dude went all "You mean like first person? We in that haha lol." Soooo...

ed: Bwahaha, what Gaz wrote :D

Was playing around the settings and I think there is on fov option.

Also people really should not expect perfect AA in a game with such delicate geometry. GTA4 does not have perfect IQ running at 4k+SMAA.

The image quality is really poor, though, at least on XB1. I'm not sure if it's any different on PS4. I'm not seeing the gamma issues that showed up in the comparison videos, though. That's a major bonus!

Derpyduck

Banned

Couldn't care less if you take it seriously. I think it's awful, especially driving. Shooting is OK though. The only good view for driving imo is still camera pulled back and then choosing the High Camera option in settings.

The image quality is really poor, though, at least on XB1. I'm not sure if it's any different on PS4. I'm not seeing the gamma issues that showed up in the comparison videos, though. That's a major bonus!

It's not great on PS4, but it's also not as someone earlier described when they said it was similar to PS3. It's way sharper thanks to the bump in resolution. Draw distance is also much greater. I had to turn off the depth of field stuff though. It made it look worse than it normally would. Biggest issue I have is all the pop-in, but after awhile I stopped caring. Now if I can just get into a lobby that has people in it.

Played the PS4 version for the past 1.5 hours. Quick impressions from someone that played the 360 version for months off and on:

- Looks nice and sharp, but doesn't look gorgeous
- foliage and shadows literally pop-in right in front of you all the time. Right in front of you. Not far far away. Right in front of you. Yuck
- framerate driving through the city in single player during the day still drops a bunch with nothing going on
- first person perspective sucks. Goofy novelty is all it is.
- Transferred my 360 char, went online, but every lobby is empty.
- In Online I chose Store and then packs to get my pre-order bonus money. There were two packs, both free. One for 500k, the other for 800k.

Overall it's smoother than the previous gen version and much sharper, but the framerate can still be troublesome driving around. Pop-in is atrocious. Game is still a blast to fuck around in.

Mine will here in the morning..

You fo realz ? tbh expected to be better than that. Pop-ins that bad?..disappointing. So visually its not all that just a big hype as usual.

N° 2048

For those having issues with pre-order bonuses, make sure you finish the prologue. Once you get to Franklin's house everything should be working.

I also didn't get my online money until I actually got to my apartment.

Also got a bunch of trophies, I guess it carries over from my PS3 online progress.

Going back to the PS3 version, I really can't believe how bad the motorcycles in this game are. A superbike monster drives like a damn scooter. Such a downgrade from GTA4. I doubt they changed much for this version on that if at all. :/

Couldn't care less if you take it seriously. I think it's awful, especially driving. Shooting is OK though. The only good view for driving imo is still camera pulled back and then choosing the High Camera option in settings.

What is that? Sounds horrible. edit: nvm, see what you mean.

Derpyduck

Banned
wasn't the money Playstation exclusive?

Both versions get the million in cash split across multi and single. The other online money was a Sony exclusive.

What is that? Sounds horrible.

It's the much asked for camera perspective that they didn't provide for GTA4 and were applauded for when they added it to GTA5. It's just a normal behind the car camera angle but raised up a tad to increase FOV in front of the car.

Harp

Wow, game is amazing, Looks great, did the driving mission with franklin, Ran pretty smooth, game looks good. i am not seeing any pop up at all.

I played on PS4

Bread

Banned
sorry if this has been asked, but do you need to export your character on the 360/ps3 versions to import it to the new one a la diablo?

Derpyduck

Banned
sorry if this has been asked, but do you need to export your character on the 360/ps3 versions to import it to the new one a la diablo?

No. Diablo was transferring single player progress. GTA only transfers online progress, which was all saved to Rockstar's servers.

HolyJonte

It went 4 % first 30 min for me so vent to sleep. Now 7 hours later it's 95 %. What is wrong? I got 500mbit internet and digital version preloaded.

Putty

Fortunately I'm quite patient with things, so while a number of you have issues downloading, I'll just sit here waiting for the postie to deliver. 8)

Ok, so some impressions.

- The colors on the controller for each character is really freaking cool. I love how the controller color will change depending on which character you are using so far.
- I love that the controller flashes red white and blue when the cops are chasing you down. Thats Amazing.
- I love that all cellphone calls and what not are spoken and dialed within the controller speaker rather than the TV.

Those are some nice touches so far.

Also quick question for Xbox One GTA players, is there any Kinect specific functions?

Top Bottom