• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Marinlik

Neo Member
Apparently my character from PS3 dissapeared(could see it on the social club webpage yesterday, but gone today). But hadn't done too much on that character so don't really care about that. But I hope I atleast get the returning player bonuses as I am in fact a returning player. Can't find the cash bonus in the PSN store tab either.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
+1 count to the list of original adopter GTA:O players that are being told they have no Online characters...

Bleh. Could be worse. The game is gorgeous and amazing on this gen.

My bro keeps complaining about an aiming delay on PS4 when in FPS mode. He says it's almost like the controls are a bit slow to respond. Is anyone else experiencing this?

red731

My bro keeps complaining about an aiming delay on PS4 when in FPS mode. He says it's almost like the controls are a bit slow to respond. Is anyone else experiencing this?

So it wasn't just me. I even adjusted sensitivity to try and battle that and that is two hours in! :D

OK pre loaded the game just got done down loading the patch. Went to boot the game up and it's saying installing and has been at 2% for a Lil bit. How long does it take the play this game and what's the point of pre load and install if it as to install again.

idonteven

OK pre loaded the game just got done down loading the patch. Went to boot the game up and it's saying installing and has been at 2% for a Lil bit. How long does it take the play this game and what's the point of pre load and install if it as to install again.

install takes hours so you gonna be waiting for a while :/

Gaz_RB

Been playing Dragon Age and procrastinating installing this because it is taking soooo long. Wish I could play DA while GTA installs. Maybe I could do something productive instead...

Hours. Then how are people on it already. I had mine pre loaded and installed before launch. the game is up and showing me slides.
So this part takes hours?

Alchemist

Yeah I noticed this during the prologue. I need to play the game some more to find out if it's input lag or a sensitivity issue.

Hurley

I actually noticed this too, the controls feel "heavy", like there's some input lag or something. Also just moving the camera in general feels a bit off. I've actually seen some people with both versions claim the xbox controller feels a bit more responsive?

I'll keep playing, could just be my imagination.

leng jai

My install *only* took about 25 minutes. More than an hour is outrageous though.

The controls in this seem rely sluggish, almost feels like I'm forcing my character to do things.

Anyone experiencing long loading times.

It is because while you thought the game was preloaded, it wasn't. It only downloaded about a gig or so. It looked like it was installed, the updates installed also, and it took up 50 gigs, but trust me, it wasn't downloaded. Check your storage while it is loading, you will see how much is downloaded.

TLDR: Long Install = Not downloaded fully.

I actually noticed this too, the controls feel "heavy", like there's some input lag or something. Also just moving the camera in general feels a bit off. I've actually seen some people with both versions claim the xbox controller feels a bit more responsive?

The way it's been described almost makes me think of VSync on PC, which eliminates screen tearing but often results in sluggish mouse input, especially on monitors with low refresh rates.

Is it so much to ask for one game that actually works right this holiday? First Unity and MCC and now I can't even play online because my guy won't transfer.

Fuck sake.

I'll keep playing, could just be my imagination.

I noticed it too but it might just have been the 30 fps which can be noticeable coming from CoD.

I noticed that first person shooting is pretty good with free aim.

HPhins54

Neo Member
Hours. Then how are people on it already. I had mine pre loaded and installed before launch. the game is up and showing me slides.
So this part takes hours?

I'm an hour into installing the game and I'm at 12%. Going to leave my PS4 on overnight while it installs.

Anyone experiencing long loading times.

It is because while you thought the game was preloaded, it wasn't. It only downloaded about a gig or so. It looked like it was installed, the updates installed also, and it took up 50 gigs, but trust me, it wasn't downloaded. Check your storage while it is loading, you will see how much is downloaded.

TLDR: Long Install = Not downloaded fully.

brah, i have a retail copy. my install is over 3 fucking hours. im done. i gotta work tomorrw. spent all night waiting for a fucking install

JobenNC

Wonder if I should stop and restart my ps4. Since a the info is on my hard drive it shouldn't take that long to install

It's not installing, it's downloading the rest of the 50ish GBs of data. If you hit the options button on GTAV and select information you can see the progress. I wish I knew why they didn't expose this in the regular "downloads" menu...

Top Bottom