• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

It's not installing, it's downloading the rest of the 50ish GBs of data. If you hit the options button on GTAV and select information you can see the progress. I wish I knew why they didn't expose this in the regular "downloads" menu...

some of us have retail copies and its still doing this. has nothing to do with downloads

brah, i have a retail copy. my install is over 3 fucking hours. im done. i gotta work tomorrw. spent all night waiting for a fucking install

It's copying to your hdd then.

Here is what it looks like during the install (it previously said 51 gigs only).

8sFjgk2.jpg

a916

I actually noticed this too, the controls feel "heavy", like there's some input lag or something. Also just moving the camera in general feels a bit off. I've actually seen some people with both versions claim the xbox controller feels a bit more responsive?

I'll keep playing, could just be my imagination.

There was large amounts of input lag in the PS3 version... I was hoping that was fixed in the PS4 version.

Blablurn

I think I need a new TV. It does not look as hot as I expected it to be. Gonna try it out on one of those Samsung Smart TVs. My roommate has one of those.

Alchemist

That issue was that their cars would disappear. That was fixed in the second game update on PS4/XB1 that arrived tonight.

Nope. I contacted support about not being able to transfer my character and this is what they said:

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Games Technical Support.

We are currently investigating an issue with returning players transferring their saved data, which is showing no progress, from the previous console generation saved file. We ask that you stay tuned to our Support Site and our Newswire for any updated information regarding this issue.

Not even going to risk losing my character until it gets fixed.

jiiikoo

Banned
I started downloading the game at maybe about 7:55 this morning, now, 2 hours later it has downloaded about 19 gigs out of 46 on my 100Mb connection. Stupid psn, why u so slow?

Nafai1123

Banned
I'm really curious why some people have to install and some don't. Mine booted right into the game at unlock time and I was playing right away.

copying to my hdd or install (same shit technically) there is NO reason it should take over 3 hours. none. unless this was a ibm from 1985

50 gig takes about 40 mins over BluRay, but wont keep at max speed, so lets call it an hour. It's also writing so there will be pauses all the time, so prob 90mins. Is there a lot on your disk, or have you deleted things before installing?

50 gig takes about 40 mins over BluRay, but wont keep at max speed, so lets call it an hour. It's also writing so there will be pauses all the time, so prob 90mins. Is there a lot on your disk, or have you deleted things before installing?

nope not alot on the hdd. over 300gb available

when I say over 3 hours, I really mean almost 4 hours. thats nowhere near 90 minutes

Etnos

Banned
I'm liking everything about this:

- 1st person is not just a gimmicky, it is pretty cool to walk around in the city in 1st view.
- GTA Online does works as intended having a good time with it
- It is nice they using controller specific features, rumble triggers in xbox one and touch stuff in ps4
- Visuals are not impressive, but the bump in resolution just make it easier to look at.

I'm glad I got this digital this one of those games that literary can be played for months.

z3phon

I started downloading the game at maybe about 7:55 this morning, now, 2 hours later it has downloaded about 19 gigs out of 46 on my 100Mb connection. Stupid psn, why u so slow?
It's still downloading the game for me but its suck at 21.17 GB and not moving forward. What do I do?

nope not alot on the hdd. over 300gb available

Did you have to delete a lot before that? Could be fragmentation if you had a full drive previously. If not, ignore. (PS4 uses a linux based file system which will only need to be defragged if the disk was close to being full due to how it writes contiguous blocks with spaces between)

dcelw540

I'm liking everything about this:

- 1st person is not just a gimmicky, it is pretty cool to walk around in the city in 1st view.
- GTA Online does works as intended having a good time with it
- It is nice they using controller specific features, rumble triggers in xbox one and touch stuff in ps4
- Visuals are not impressive, but the bump in resolution just make it easier to look at.

I'm glad I got this digital this one of those games that literary can be played for months.

How are loading times now in the game for loading mutiplayer matches?

N° 2048

Man visuals are that bad?

So was rockstar just bullshitting in ads again? That really kind of pisses me off if so.

No they are not. I don't know what people were expecting. Looks great!

I think people are forgetting this was not developed for PS4/XO...

my (ps4 version) also booted right into the game after the pre-load had finished 8 hours ago, just after Franklin holding the machine gun appeared, it started in Yankton.

In the background the extra 1gb patch was downloading and I had to quit for that to install so I could use the store for the two pre-order money bonus things.

Driving in first person takes a more delicate touch otherwise there is that wheel yank animation and the camera view shifts and you can get confused.

Frame rate is ok, some of the cars in some views travel as though their positions are getting updated in every 2nd frame or something. Water looks amazing.

In GTA online you can hear people talking, I guess by default, not sure..

jts

...hate me...
When I was pre-loading my download changed from 43GB to something like 600mb (lol) so it was really quick.

I guess it is now downloading the rest as it installs, my question is, can I cancel the install or turn off the PS4, and will it pick up where it leaves, or will that fuck things up?

Etnos

Banned
How are loading times now in the game for loading mutiplayer matches?

It is definitely faster than my 360 was, but still not that fast, in between jobs I've been sitting trough the 60 secs because there is always that one guy who is not ready.

plainr_

Just got this game, what is this amateur hour? What is this primitive install process? Why does the game need to install from disc from the PS4 OS and install again in game?

Rockstar plz.

leng jai

The game can certainly look nice at times, and the scope is impressive. It really doesn't look anything out of the ordinary though. Not sure what people were expecting really.

Nope, PS4. Looks way worse than I was expecting. Honestly prefered the more stylized cell-shaded look of last gen over this.

Wow, ill send that shit back then and refuse UPS delivery tomorrow. Reason I stopped playing last gen with the idea that it would be released on PS4/X1 with insane upgrade..lol gtfo and no thanks.

Thanks for the heads up man!

RyudBoy

Don't like how you have to hold down L3 to keep running. I thought you just had to click it. Ended up using default button maps.

Etnos

Banned
Man visuals are that bad?

So was rockstar just bullshitting in ads again? That really kind of pisses me off if so.

I played a bunch of last gen 3rd party on PC... It looks like that. Basically the same game at 1080p with more robust frame rate. Its the upgrade worth it? I think so.

The game looks great. Not sure what you guys were expecting. There's higher density everything, stuff looks better, it runs at double the resolution, and there's no pop in.

Just having issues getting my preorder cash. Says it's installed but I've done several missions without it appearing in my bank.

Top Bottom