• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

The game looks great. Not sure what you guys were expecting. There's higher density everything, stuff looks better, it runs at double the resolution, and there's no pop in.

Just having issues getting my preorder cash. Says it's installed but I've done several missions without it appearing in my bank.

what console you playing on?

Pachimari

Ok, so some impressions.

- The colors on the controller for each character is really freaking cool. I love how the controller color will change depending on which character you are using so far.
- I love that the controller flashes red white and blue when the cops are chasing you down. Thats Amazing.
- I love that all cellphone calls and what not are spoken and dialed within the controller speaker rather than the TV.

Those are some nice touches so far.

Also quick question for Xbox One GTA players, is there any Kinect specific functions?
Can you turn off these features?

It's just that I gotta be quiet at night.

uh, so the game still controls like shit even in first person? reconsidering purchase

Yeah. FP view is pretty neat but the controls feel so weird. The aim assist is too strong in FP and it throws me off alot.

Kinda wish I got to try out online with 30 player lobbies :/ Only managed to get in a game with a guy on my friends list.

Pachimari

Yeah. FP view is pretty neat but the controls feel so weird. The aim assist is too strong in FP and it throws me off alot.

Kinda wish I got to try out online with 30 player lobbies :/ Only managed to get in a game with a guy on my friends list.
Isn't there free aim without assist?

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm liking the Alternate FPS 2 control scheme for both third and first person. Shooting on L1/R1 like PS3 games and sprint on it's rightful throne of R2.

It took three hours to obtain my copy (after a certain retailer apparently misplaced their shipment), but I'm excited to finally explore Los Santos! I haven't really enjoyed a GTA installment since Vice City; however, I'm feeling confident that Rockstar has their priorities on pure entertainment this time around. I'm glad to see there's a bit more chatter for this game over Assassin's Creed: Unity which will likely surpass its thread count in no time.

Having a weird problem. Bought the disc copy, downloaded the patch. Says I'm at version 1.01 and I can connect to quite a few missions with other people. All of my friends are on 1.02 (So I can't play with them), and I've clicked "search for updates" quite a few times, only for it to say 'Hey mate you're up to date". Anybody else having a similar problem?

Nope, PS4. Looks way worse than I was expecting. Honestly prefered the more stylized cell-shaded look of last gen over this.

It seems the colours of the new versions are much more pale compared to the old versions. I prefer the old colours too (the reveal e3 trailer had much better colours too, dont now what happened here)

Im pretty disappointed so far. IQ is not good (expected much better; you can see they used FXAA again, and there is still a lot of aliasing) and i dont like all the fog. Its almost always foggy now and it doesnt look that great in combination with the muted colours.

MMaRsu

Before work I just started up my game and it went straight into story mode and no installing. Digital copy here.

Foffy

Banned
What? I thought PS4 copies were being sent to the press?

I think most sites were covering the PS4 version, so I think Rockstar may only be sending out one version of the game to the press instead of both. Gamespot nor IGN even touched the Xbox One version in their recent videos on the game.

Perhaps sites are getting the version they request.

After a short four or so minute loading wait after starting the pre-loaded and presumably day-one updated X1 version I had on my hard drive, the game seems to be just a nice 1080p consistent 30fps version of the last gen game with more traffic, better lighting and shadows, and higher res textures. Cross-gen all the way, so don't expect to be sold on the game if last year's version wasn't enough. First person is nice, but the 30fps proves to be a bit jarring when you're expecting nicer motion blur the game lacks on wider, faster pans. Disappointing, but you acclimate. I made the mistake of coming directly off of playing a ~60fps Halo MCC co-op session, so the transition from something much smoother always hurts a bit more for a few minutes. Otherwise, seems fine, though I'm less impressed than I was hoping to be from the trailer...Rockstar does put out such fine advertisements, after all. AA is better, too, but the shimmer on somewhat distant geometry also adds to the disappointment. Kinda wish that I hadn't gotten hyped and bought in. Will enjoy another spell in GTA land, I'm sure. Loading times are shorter than last gen, at least. And, for some reason, Rockstar Social Club says that I don't have a character on file to transfer despite this being the same Gamertag used. I guess I'll look into it later.

MisterNoisy

Transfer went without a hitch and I was online right after install and Yankton. Digging the frame rate, resolution and image quality bump, but it definitely looks like what it is - a great-looking last gen game with more polish. Only really weird gfx change I've noticed is the way cars pop in when you're in a chopper.

leng jai

Unsurprisingly 1080p and a smoother framerate aren't really cutting it for me. The controls still feel exceedingly sluggish and the driving model is still unsatisfying. The audio is also as flat as it was last generation. The graphics upgrade really isn't worth the price tag unless you really liked the game in the first place.

Loving the crisp visuals, but very disappointed that the framerate doesn't seem much improved, even in regular free roam driving its all over the place. Not cool.

First person also has weird deadzones and acceleration so I just couldn't get used to it and so went back to third person for both driving and on foot. Maybe I'll try it again at some point.

Before work I just started up my game and it went straight into story mode and no installing. Digital copy here.
Same. The exact second the game became available I was able to boot right into it with no hassles. PS4 digital pre-load here.

I just get the message that the rockstar cloud is offline and nothing will be saved. I just want to start it online on my PS3 so I have played it in 2014

Macaco84

Not sure if serious.

Worryingly I think he is serious.

Something that I have been mindful about whilst reading through this thread is not to get caught up in the hype - either negative or positive. It is pretty easy to make rash decisions based on one or two throwaway comments.

It seems everyone is waiting for the df analysis. I think this is a good idea. Sometimes I question df's partiality but at least u can see on a graph how the frame rate is and how the graphics really look.

Until then my game is staying in its shrink wrap

not playing online until the character transfer thing is fixed. Sigh was really anticipating going in on GTAO on current gen but was faced with a little road block. I still can see my character on the social club site when I select the PS3 Tab so hes still there. That gives me a little hope.

So disc install and pre-load are both kind of broken it seems. Would maybe going offline help with the disc install? Off to pic up my copy now.

burnfout

Walking around Franklins neighborhood the graphics look real nice. City and small buildings/ details look good.

Driving around though, I am not digging the draw distance, fog, muted color scheme.

While driving it does not look like much of an upgrade :(

Top Bottom