• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

OraleeWey

tDGV6fMh.jpg

leadbelly

Banned
DF 1st performance analysis is up. Seems like they only looked at the Xbone version, how useful. :/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-grand-theft-auto-5-performance-analysis

The framerate analysis shows a good chunk from the start of the game. CVG uploaded the start of the game and the first mission from the PS4 version. That means you are able to directly compare.

PS4 version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlPLcqPNCTs&index=9&list=PLL7-7TcGDvLjvxJ4IOcblRdWvXzhvUyKX

Xbox One version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxJCBgcX_jk

The game looks great. Not sure what you guys were expecting. There's higher density everything, stuff looks better, it runs at double the resolution, and there's no pop in.

Just having issues getting my preorder cash. Says it's installed but I've done several missions without it appearing in my bank.

No pop in? Can I ask which console version are you playing?

Yeah. FP view is pretty neat but the controls feel so weird. The aim assist is too strong in FP and it throws me off alot.

Kinda wish I got to try out online with 30 player lobbies :/ Only managed to get in a game with a guy on my friends list.

Turn the aim assist off.

DF 1st performance analysis is up. Seems like they only looked at the Xbone version, how useful. :/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-grand-theft-auto-5-performance-analysis

Making me even more dubious about the ps4 version...

It seems the colours of the new versions are much more pale compared to the old versions. I prefer the old colours too (the reveal e3 trailer had much better colours too, dont now what happened here)

Im pretty disappointed so far. IQ is not good (expected much better; you can see they used FXAA again, and there is still a lot of aliasing) and i dont like all the fog. Its almost always foggy now and it doesnt look that great in combination with the muted colours.

Can I ask which console version?

What? I thought PS4 copies were being sent to the press?

Again, ps4 quality looking dubious imo...

Transfer went without a hitch and I was online right after install and Yankton. Digging the frame rate, resolution and image quality bump, but it definitely looks like what it is - a great-looking last gen game with more polish. Only really weird gfx change I've noticed is the way cars pop in when you're in a chopper.

Loving the crisp visuals, but very disappointed that the framerate doesn't seem much improved, even in regular free roam driving its all over the place. Not cool.

First person also has weird deadzones and acceleration so I just couldn't get used to it and so went back to third person for both driving and on foot. Maybe I'll try it again at some point.

Same. The exact second the game became available I was able to boot right into it with no hassles. PS4 digital pre-load here.

Now that sounds like shit. Wtf? DF hurry the fuck up...Has ps been arsed again?

leadbelly

Banned
Walking around Franklins neighborhood the graphics look real nice. City and small buildings/ details look good.

Driving around though, I am not digging the draw distance, fog, muted color scheme.

While driving it does not look like much of an upgrade :(

Draw distance would probably take quite a hit on performance. That said, it is noticeably better than the 360 version, according to the Digital Foundry article.

I have to say though, while I have noticed it on videos, it has never been so excessive that it really irritated me much. Although, maybe the quality of the video makes it a little less noticeable. I am someone who hates pop in as well.

the gaf hangover in full effect

people should switch to ps3 version then back to this, the upgrades are to everything, from load time onward. The lighting and time of day is a big influence on how things look, if its a dull time of day with flat midday lighting then you get dull lighting. Quel suprise!

I can see the promo shots being reproduceable in game, at least closer than most games. If you had a problem appreciating the last gen verion, then graphics wont wave a wand over that and fix it, even at 120fps.

the ps4 version will be rated technically a bit over the xbox one version, too.

Vidpixel

Think I am spoiled by TLoU's 60fps. GTA V is a bit disappointed.

To be fair, TLoU, more or less, just upgraded the frame rate and resolution. GTA V has a lot more improvements to the core engine (re-done textures, lighting, reflected surfaces, foliage, etc.), as well as a much more steady 30fps and 1080p resolution.

Ateron

Wow, opinions are really all over the place. I don't even know what to expect anymore. Way to dampen my hype lol.

I'll be getting my copy in a couple of hours, I hope the framerate is better and the controls have less input lag to them. There's no excuse for that bs now.

As for the auto-cam centering I'm pretty sure they will address it in a future patch, seems like an easy fix. They gave us a lot of options to customize everything about the controls, this seems like a weird omission.

scoobs

No pop in? Can I ask which console version are you playing?

Turn the aim assist off.

Making me even more dubious about the ps4 version...

Again, ps4 quality looking dubious imo...

Now that sounds like shit. Wtf? DF hurry the fuck up...Has ps been arsed again?

keep-calm-and-settle-down-champ.png

jambo

Offline disc install helped a lot.

When the patch came up after reconnecting it shot across pretty quickly (100/40 fibre)

EDIT: I may have spoken too soon. It rocketed to 19% then stopped then the tile went grey...

p3tran

Banned
I am still downloading other games I just bought.
I thought I was leaving this for later..... even for pc.

but tell me guys...

is the xbone version really worth the full price doubledip ?

equil

Anyone know if i buy the game for xbox one then transfer my character from xbox 360 if i'll be able to transfer my xbox one chracter that i got from 360 to pc when it eventually comes out?

Vidpixel

I can't wait to pick this up tomorrow. Watched Giant Bomb's Quick Look, and it was immediately apparent to me how much better it looks than its "last-gen" counterparts.

Dries

Well, the auto-center thingie is something that can be patched (or modded on PC) luckily. But it also auto centers when you're actually holding the right stick in place (in whichever direction) as well?

The framerate analysis shows a good chunk from the start of the game. CVG uploaded the start of the game and the first mission from the PS4 version. That means you are able to directly compare.

PS4 version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlPLcqPNCTs&index=9&list=PLL7-7TcGDvLjvxJ4IOcblRdWvXzhvUyKX

Xbox One version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxJCBgcX_jk

I wouldn't go that far. The youtube videos make the framerate look like shit on both, especially the ps4.

On the XB1, the DF has a constant 30fps but looks nothing of the sort on those links.

Btw, interesting Franklin didn't blow up the gas container like we see in every other footage, hence the framerate remained solid lol. Not that small framerate dips during explosions would bother me personally anyway, but...

All media outlets get PS4 version.

Digital Foundry get Xbox One version.

Uh-oh

Exactly, wtf?...

Lol!

Russell

Colors are dull, muted and foggy? The visuals don't look that great while driving? The game auto-centers while in first-person mode, and there's no way to disable it?

I was really looking forward to this game (haven't played the last-gen version), but I think I'll pass.

rObit

Banned
I should be able to just leave it installing even though the download isn't finished right? Shouldn't fuck anything up? Not sure I have a choice at this point, I can't back out of the install I don't think. (PS4 ver.) I'd rather have the GTA slideshow on than be watching a progress bar on the dashboard anyway.

GlamFM

Banned
not playing online until the character transfer thing is fixed. Sigh was really anticipating going in on GTAO on current gen but was faced with a little road block. I still can see my character on the social club site when I select the PS3 Tab so hes still there. That gives me a little hope.

What's broken about it? My character transferred just fine.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Wow, opinions are really all over the place. I don't even know what to expect anymore. Way to dampen my hype lol.

I'll be getting my copy in a couple of hours, I hope the framerate is better and the controls have less input lag to them. There's no excuse for that bs now.

As for the auto-cam centering I'm pretty sure they will address it in a future patch, seems like an easy fix. They gave us a lot of options to customize everything about the controls, this seems like a weird omission.

It saddens me to read some of the impressions around here. The game is improved in so many ways, but it just seems like some have had very high expectations.

The auto-cam is going to be fixed in their first patch no doubt about it as it breaks first-person mode.

They really dropped the ball if they let the character transfer issues happen yet again. I hope you get your characters back soon and hopefully you won't run into any more problems.

Fuzyfrog

Been playing all day in first person.. Dont understand the people saying the colours are muted... Yes first few missions are foggy but oh man night or the first time it rained... The game is gorgeous

I'm playing the Xbox One version and the difference between this gen and last gen is noticeable as soon as you start playing. The graphics have been improved, the framerate is stable and there's zero pop in.

All of these people who are freaking out over it not being 60FPS need to get a grip, it cannot be done with a game of this size and scope coupled with the visual upgrade on current gen.

I have a copy of the PS4 version in my bag as I am writing this. And you know what? I am happy to be able to play this with the Dual Shock 4, since I literally hated the DS3. That is all I need - the rest is gravy.

I am easily pleased, and thank God for that. Makes life easier to cope with.

GAF! This installation is breaking my balls. Can it be done in Rest mode? I'm assuming not, seeing as it's an actual in-game install. So goddamn silly.

bitoriginal

Don't listen to the naysayers people, it's just GAF being GAF. Games amazing. Walking around in first person and taking in the small details is utterly incredible, and as for this colours being muted nonsense, just check it out for yourself. This is the GTA experience we've been waiting for.

leng jai

Don't listen to the naysayers people, it's just GAF being GAF. Games amazing. Walking around in first person and taking in the small details is utterly incredible, and as for this colours being muted nonsense, just check it out for yourself. This is the GTA experience we've been waiting for.

The irony is this post is the also the typical Neogaf hype nonsense.

Gotta say the aliasing is pretty damn bad.

Very disappointed tonight. The surround sound seems to be all messed up when it comes to proper output and GTA online can't recover my character.

Top Bottom