• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

leadbelly

Banned
I wouldn't go that far. The youtube videos make the framerate look like shit on both, especially the ps4.

On the XB1, the DF has a constant 30fps but looks nothing of the sort on those links.

Btw, interesting Franklin didn't blow up the gas container like we see in every other footage, hence the framerate remained solid lol. Not that small framerate dips during explosions would bother me personally anyway, but...

Well, obviously it is not ideal using youtube. It is more comparing the general look of the game. It's not ideal for that either, but if there were obvious differences it might show up.

plainr_

Some quick impressions.

+Loading times are great. Getting into the start menu and navigating isn't annoying as last gen
+The DS4 speaker and lightbar is awesome.
+Loving first person view in the car and while shooting
+Character transfer is a breeze
-IQ isn't all that great. The upgrade from last gen is huge but I expected a bit cleaner image. Lots of shimmering in the distance
-"Wish I could skip the prologue"

Couldn't care less if you take it seriously. I think it's awful, especially driving. Shooting is OK though. The only good view for driving imo is still camera pulled back and then choosing the High Camera option in settings.

It's not great on PS4, but it's also not as someone earlier described when they said it was similar to PS3. It's way sharper thanks to the bump in resolution. Draw distance is also much greater. I had to turn off the depth of field stuff though. It made it look worse than it normally would. Biggest issue I have is all the pop-in, but after awhile I stopped caring. Now if I can just get into a lobby that has people in it.

Mine will here in the morning..

You fo realz ? tbh expected to be better than that. Pop-ins that bad?..disappointing. So visually its not all that just a big hype as usual.

Wow, game is amazing, Looks great, did the driving mission with franklin, Ran pretty smooth, game looks good. i am not seeing any pop up at all.

I played on PS4

???

Don't listen to the naysayers people, it's just GAF being GAF. Games amazing. Walking around in first person and taking in the small details is utterly incredible, and as for this colours being muted nonsense, just check it out for yourself. This is the GTA experience we've been waiting for.

Colours being muted sounds more like an issue with the tv. I got a Sony Bravia 60" tv last summer and once I optimised the screen-settings, all games look much better than on my old tv, which was about 7 years old. The colors are more vibrant, the blacks are more black, etc.

bud23

lol @ people saying it doesn't look better than last gen.
should get permabanned for being this ignorant

I wish you weren't kidding...I put around 200+ hours into the PS3 version, and the graphical improvements are mind-blowing.

Also there is no noticeable pop-in, and the framerate is delicious. PS4 version here.

I have no idea what some of these people are talking about.

I have not been able to get the pre-order bonus money. Do I have to log in to my US PSN account and play it with that account (on which I preorderd the game) to get the preorder bonus? And will that then transfer to my game on my regular EU account?

why the fuck did they just not have this pre-order bonus as DLC?

zinder

I have not been able to get the pre-order bonus money. Do I have to log in to my US PSN account and play it with that account (on which I preorderd the game) to get the preorder bonus? And will that then transfer to my game on my regular EU account?

why the fuck did they just not have this pre-order bonus as DLC?

I am not sure if even that will work.I live and EU but mainly play on my US account, and I once purchased a shark card from the US store and got nothing... proceeded by buying a voucher from amazon, redeemed the code successfully, and still got nothing. I will check if I got my preorder bonus once the game finished installing. But I don't think there is a chance that your US preorder works on EU.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Ok, so some impressions.

- The colors on the controller for each character is really freaking cool. I love how the controller color will change depending on which character you are using so far.
- I love that the controller flashes red white and blue when the cops are chasing you down. Thats Amazing.
- I love that all cellphone calls and what not are spoken and dialed within the controller speaker rather than the TV.

Those are some nice touches so far.

Also quick question for Xbox One GTA players, is there any Kinect specific functions?

Can you turn off these features?

It's just that I gotta be quiet at night.

I think you can adjust if you want the controller speaker from within the audio menu of the game. Alternatively, you could just lower the sound of the speakers from within the PS menu options - see this video.

I used to use the wireless headset for my PS3 when playing late at night - highly recommend the PS4 version of it as well.

Trashbat

m also having trouble with character transfer.

Have moved from X360 --> ps4.

Social club website shows my x360 character. Linked PSN. Get message (in-game) saying 'welcome back to Los Santos etc' (so link is successful). But when i try to transfer it says no online character linked to account :(

idonteven

a picture i just took now... i see no diff to ps3

SiVemF3.jpg

Afrikan

Playing DriveClub while it downloads the Update and installs the Disk. (Hopefully it is doing that)

But that's what's cool about this Gen I guess.

Being able to play other digital games while disk version is installing.

jiiikoo

Banned
m also having trouble with character transfer.

Have moved from X360 --> ps4.

Social club website shows my x360 character. Linked PSN. Get message (in-game) saying 'welcome back to Los Santos etc' (so link is successful). But when i try to transfer it says no online character linked to account :(

Where on the Social Club website do you link your character? I didn't find it yesterday, even though I tried looking everywhere lol.

people saying they see no difference to PS3 version need to go and check their eyesight or they are playing on crappy TVs. I played it on PS3 just 15 minutes before playing on PS4 and it is a big difference.

You might have to look into your PS4 and TV's RGB settings. This thread has a lot of good info. I'm not sure if it's still "faulted," but in any case, it'll give you the right idea. I had it happen with the Destiny alpha, but I haven't had a problem with black crush since, so it must have been around that time that there were issues.

I don't know tbh. Sorry :(

I think you can adjust if you want the controller speaker from within the audio menu of the game. Alternatively, you could just lower the sound of the speakers from within the PS menu options - see this video.

I used to use the wireless headset for my PS3 when playing late at night - highly recommend the PS4 version of it as well.

Thanks for this! I was super vague in my answer and I should of stated more. (Or just did my research a little better)

OraleeWey

You might have to look into your PS4 and TV's RGB settings. This thread has a lot of good info. I'm not sure if it's still "faulted," but in any case, it'll give you the right idea. I had it happen with the Destiny alpha, but I haven't had a problem with black crush since, so it must have been around that time that there were issues.
Thanks. I will look into it.

dreamfall

Wowzers. The city at night, and those shimmering lights!

Just happy to see my character transfer over, some of those new creation options were rad. The soundtrack is glorious!

Dominator

Just did Franklin's first mission so far, but already loving this. I was hoping there was a way to easily toggle first person so I can drive in third but then when I get out of the car it goes to first. Unless I'm missing it I can't seem to find the option.

Seanspeed

Banned
people saying they see no difference to PS3 version need to go and check their eyesight or they are playing on crappy TVs. I played it on PS3 just 15 minutes before playing on PS4 and it is a big difference.
They just need to do what you did and go back and actually play the last-gen version. Its easy to forget how far we've come. The game also doesn't stand together with some of the best next-gen games and a lot of people are of the mindset that if they're not blown away, then its totally garbage and just like last-gen.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Aw man, don't have it yet but the visuals don't look like the trailer then? fuck.

Edit: Who to believe!

Believe in yourself. The impressions of others may have some effect on your overall expectations, but they cannot change what you will feel when you are taking some time and just playing the game.

I only play games that are fun, and it's only a bonus when you can share that joy with other people.

I wish you weren't kidding...I put around 200+ hours into the PS3 version, and the graphical improvements are mind-blowing.

Also there is no noticeable pop-in, and the framerate is delicious. PS4 version here.

I have no idea what some of these people are talking about.

Sounds good enough. However, what about in a variety of situations, such as chopper high up etc..

Btw, have you found the controller responsive or laggy as some have said. There has been a fair few saying really bad lag where it sounds like shit.

a picture i just took now... i see no diff to ps3

SiVemF3.jpg

I think it looks a fair bit cleaner. If you took a ps3 screenshot of that size it would look like shit. However, those shimmering fucking lines along the highway edge don't do it any favours...

DryvBy

I haven't been on GAF since yesterday and people are saying this game runs worse than the last-gen versions. You might need to go back and play the original if you honestly believe that.

Or get new eyeballs.

Top Bottom