• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

eso76

Obviously there's bound to be some pop in, in a game with basically unlimited draw distance but it's much, much less apparent than it was on PS360.
It's mostly lod pop in and shadows resolution swap. As you'll notice by zooming in the distance with a scope or even your mobile camera, stuff in the distance is still quite low poly, but at least major buildings are always there

I think IQ is pretty great, while there is some shimmering with bright fences against dark backdrops everything is crisp and almost completely jaggies-free. No or very little AF from what i can tell, which is puzzling.

Personally, i think that while the game isn't as 'next gen' looking as, say, Unity (if Unity ran decently, that is) the overall presentation is very solid and quite impressive. Lighting is beautiful and the sense of 'being there' is unprecedented.

CzarTim

Just did Franklin's first mission so far, but already loving this. I was hoping there was a way to easily toggle first person so I can drive in third but then when I get out of the car it goes to first. Unless I'm missing it I can't seem to find the option.

Display > independent camera options

The_D

Neo Member
The game looks great, IMO, and a noticeable upgrade coming from the PS3 version. Resolution, lots of extra vegetation & fog/lighting effects, some depth of field, and the frame rate is smoother than the PS3 version too. Not drastic, but it looks better without a doubt.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how the first-person viewpoint plays in both the driving (already prefer it this way) and the shooting (which takes some getting used to). Shooting in car & using the handbrake are both awkward due to the way the controls are mapped by default.

red731

Fuuuck, why can't the mailman deliver this already!

The wait is killing me.

The wait for the install wait. The waitening.

I can't wait to get home and more of this game.
More people are writting that there is something "wonky" about the aiming and driving. I must play with sensitivities and such.
I noticed that there is a little bit of Killzone2 heaviness there - maybe the auto aim screws thing up.

idonteven

anyone else having problems getting into a online lobby ? im getting timed out's and loading screens that dont go away,and whenever i get into one im alone

Labrys

I don't have a next gen system yet aside from Wii U so I went ahead and picked this up on 360 (was going to play it when it came out on PS3 but mine died).

It's my first GTA, but it's fun. A lot of fun. When I eventually get a PS4 the remaster is probably going to be one of the first games I get.

Marvel

could never
Believe in yourself. The impressions of others may have some effect on your overall expectations, but they cannot change what you will feel when you are taking some time and just playing the game.

I only play games that are fun, and it's only a bonus when you can share that joy with other people.

Very true, I skipped last gen GTAV anyway so I'm going in fresh!

B3N1

I've played for 3 hours now, and still don't know whether it was worth it. Online transfer doesn't work, so I didn't try that yet. Driving cars needs some getting used to again. I like the first person as an additon, having finished the game on prevgen I try to stick with it, but 3rd person controls much easier.

After playing MCC yesterday controls were extremely laggy for me when I first got to play. I was aiming like someone who never held a controller in their hands before. No idea why this is happening.

I also recorded this for a friend because of the music, but the radio is muted. Any reason for that?

Oh and the dashboard lights are all working, that is unbelieveable.

Wil348

Right, so Rockstar have given advice on how to fix the pre order cash issue. I haven't tried this myself yet, but apparently you have to claim it from the Playstation store in game.

Yeah, does not look like Rstar bullshots at all.

I honestly cant believe people even still fall for R* bullshots in this day and age. The last time i got fooled by them was with Vice City, never again. All their pre-release screenshots have ridiculous IQ from large amounts of either AA or downsampling or both, thats simply not achievable in-game on consoles. And yet people still fall for this shit and theyve been doing it for over a decade now. Theyre the worst offenders in the industry for bullshots.

dreamfall

My guess is you earned a trophy and that triggered the other trophies to pop.

Yeah, this happened to me. When I went Online and transferred my character, a bunch of trophies associated with the Online portion (probably based on my character's stats) just started popping all at the same time.

Spazznid

Since everyone's sharing:

n22Ens96dk29H0XSmxqtaA_0_0.jpg

4QUeYDQJ8kaRPlH0T2jzeQ_0_0.jpg

r8DxuWsn_kWxDpmEDypFGQ_0_0.jpg

EfIAPQwPVEK4e4RudEDtzg_0_0.jpg

zjS8AfXjQ0m0ggVO5fOwjA_0_0.jpg

My favorite. I managed to crash a plane into a bridge in first person, and instead of exploding, the plane hit the shallow watter and I got out. After that, myself and two other GAFers killed many police.

F1LpO6UsDEGheOXg5OVOYw_0_0.jpg

Wish I could grab the 1080p versions. Can't wait for PC.

Right, so Rockstar have given advice on how to fix the pre order cash issue. I haven't tried this myself yet, but apparently you have to claim it from the Playstation store in game.

So I have to play the game with my US account?
thats bullshit
can I even use this on my main account (EU)?

KainXVIII

I honestly cant believe people even still fall for R* bullshots in this day and age. The last time i got fooled by them was with Vice City, never again. All their pre-release screenshots have ridiculous IQ from large amounts of either AA or downsampling or both, thats simply not achievable in-game on consoles. And yet people still fall for this shit and theyve been doing it for over a decade now. Theyre the worst offenders in the industry for bullshots.

I just know one man, who truly believes that Rstar never lie in their PR bullshots and videos

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
graphics are just like gta5 on ps3 only sharper and some more detail...nothing special ( framerate goes below 30 while driving )

I can't say much about the framerate as I don't intend to play it on PS4, but saying that the graphics are the same as PS3 is simply not true.

GTA V PS3 vs PS4 graphics comparison

2:24 - just look at the difference of the water.

Really looking forward to playing this on PC.

zinder

Great... I haven't installed the game yet, but I can guarantee that there will be nothing in that store since I play from EU. Is there any way to VPN this shit?

I just know one man, who truly believes that Rstar never lie in their PR bullshots and videos

It just annoys me because if it was Ubi or EA, the entire internet would be screaming OMG DOWNGRADEATHON, and a movement would be started called Downgradegate, and all the other usual internet bullshit, but because its R* & GTA, well, its fine, i mean its still GTA right and its still fun even if the on foot controls still suck even in 2014, and who needs graphics anyway? its still GTA right? Right??

ekim

How do I know I got the single player extras for being a user of last gen GTAV? Do I need to transfer my online character for that? Talking about the murder mystery, railgun etc...

J4g3r

How do I know I got the single player extras for being a user of last gen GTAV? Do I need to transfer my online character for that? Talking about the murder mystery, railgun etc...

Wondering this too, the game is currently installing.

lewisgone

Guys who transferred characters, do you think they look better in the current gen version? I could never get my guy to not look like he had some kind of disease, and if he doesn't end up looking nicer I honestly might consider making a new character, haha.

Valnen

So I get to play this game for $1 courtesy of Gamefly :D. Question for people who have already played through the entire game in third person, will I be missing crucial to the experience by playing through the entire game in first person? The idea of being completely immersed in the city sounds appealing but I don't want to miss any crucial story elements or anything either.

Celebrating the release with some hipster lemonade. Also managed to grab some stickers.

sam_139502snq.jpg

Installing now. So far it's going well. I went offline before starting it, maybe that helps?

gossi

Guys who transferred characters, do you think they look better in the current gen version? I could never get my guy to not look like he had some kind of disease, and if he doesn't end up looking nicer I honestly might consider making a new character, haha.

After you transfer your character, you can remodel their face.

Top Bottom