• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Okay I knew that I was going to have to retry a few missions as the controls can be crap but goddamn I forgot how bad the in car shooting controls were, why can't the player lock on in the car?!

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
How do I know I got the single player extras for being a user of last gen GTAV? Do I need to transfer my online character for that? Talking about the murder mystery, railgun etc...

Wondering this too, the game is currently installing.

Answer:
Rockstar said:
Players will be awarded the Grand Theft Auto Online-specific content upon entering GTA Online and Grand Theft Auto V-specific content after completing the mission “Franklin and Lamar.”

Currently there seems to be some issues with the pre-order money rewards, but I haven't heard anything about the SP stuff.

ekim

Celebrating the release with some hipster lemonade. Also managed to grab some stickers.

sam_139502snq.jpg

Installing now. So far it's going well. I went offline before starting it, maybe that helps?

Club Mate isn't Hipster anymore.

NHale

Never thought a port would be big but yesterday I saw Twitch streamers on PS4:

GTA V: 600
COD: AW: 450
AC: Unity: 360
Destiny: 300
Far Cry 4: 75
Dragon Age: 11

Right now I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the best selling game on PS4/XB1.

around franklins first house i see a strange judder to the 3rd person camera when in the car and circling a block, a judder during each 90 deg turn i dont know if its canera judder or dropped frames.

The anti aliasing is great though: those overhead wires are perfect..

regarding judder
i just realised the ps4 was downloading a big minecraft update and installing it.
its finished now and the judder is gone
hmm..
before judging the game in the first 20 minutes, check it isnt updating destiny or another title (or the gtav patch!) .

ps: at night the city looks amazing especially if you are just cruising..

z3phon

I regret getting this game digitally. My download has been stuck on 21Gb for hours now on the ps4. Network test and everything seems fine the game itself just doesn't seem to be downloading at all. Tried wireless and wired nothing's helping.

Bollocks

Guys who transferred characters, do you think they look better in the current gen version? I could never get my guy to not look like he had some kind of disease, and if he doesn't end up looking nicer I honestly might consider making a new character, haha.

actually mine looks worse, looked good on last gen though
seeing that face in hd did it not do any favors

xXJonoXx

I regret getting this game digitally. My download has been stuck on 21Gb for hours now on the ps4. Network test and everything seems fine the game itself just doesn't seem to be downloading at all. Tried wireless and wired nothing's helping.

Try turning the PS4 completely off and back on, or try closing any open background apps like Netflix. I had this issue.

psn

Anyone else had problems with transferring the online character? My whole character is gone, even in the social club... Same for a friend of me.

Yeah I had the download pause or not move for a long time, this happened several times. During the download process, I must've reset my modem and ps4 about 5 times each. It's not a process I wan't to repeat again. I even went wireless for a bit.

(Referring to downloading the game, not replying to the post above)

N° 2048

Think I'm starting a new female character since I totally forgot you can't edit appearance and in my excitement to play I didn't edit appearance during the PS3->PS4 transfer. Wish apartments carried over to new character slots but at least my $ does.

z3phon

Try turning the PS4 completely off and back on, or try closing any open background apps like Netflix. I had this issue.
Yup tried that. Don't have any background apps running. Restarting seems to help for a short time allowing 100-300 mb to get downloaded and then stopping again. :(

Anyone else had problems with transferring the online character? My whole character is gone, even in the social club... Same for a friend of me.

My character didn't transfer either but if you check the social club switch the gta online character tab back to PS3 or 360 whatever last gen you played GTA V on and you will see your character is there. By default once you play GTA V on PS4 the social club tab switches to the current gen console you are playing on. I hope rockstar fixes this issue fast. I was hoping and praying this launch would go smooth for me since I went threw losing multiple characters when GTA V launched on last gen but nope I still got screwed this gen too.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
This first person mode is amazing.

Loving this so far.

Poor Halo, CoD, Dragon Age and Far Cry.

I have so many new games and here I am enjoying GTA.

(Really though love that I get to play them all in due time)

psn

My character didn't transfer either but if you check the social club switch the gta online character tab back to PS3 or 360 whatever last gen you played GTA V on and you will see your character is there. By default once you play GTA V on PS4 the social club tab switches to the current gen console you are playing on. I hope rockstar fixes this issue fast. I was hoping and praying this launch would go smooth for me since I went threw losing multiple characters when GTA V launched on last gen but nope I still got screwed this gen too.

Thank you, I can see my character at least now.

The problem seems to be a known one:
https://support.rockstargames.com/h...ng-to-PS4-Xbox-One-or-Logging-Into-GTA-Online

4 minutes left to download the patch, so not even an hour for installation and update for me on PS4. I hope I am not affected by the version bug. :(

lol :D

Yeah the new Hipster drink is Wostok.

Hmmm... Nothing beats rhubarb lemonade IMO. :lol Wostok is not bad though.

AmyS

4:40am and it's so damn cold here in Chicagoland

I fell asleep for some hours after getting home from GameStop last night. Plenty of people braved the cold temps. Everyone I saw walked out with GTA V for PS4 or Xbox One and not other games.

ZM2GCHc.png

Just started installing

BouncyFrag

Never thought a port would be big but yesterday I saw Twitch streamers on PS4:

GTA V: 600
COD: AW: 450
AC: Unity: 360
Destiny: 300
Far Cry 4: 75
Dragon Age: 11

Right now I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the best selling game on PS4/XB1.
R* be all
mrw-my-student-loan-comes-through-79114.gif

and...
YHNEGCF.gif

They'll have mine very soon.

Pachimari

Okay now I'm really thinking if I should go for Advanced Wafare instead and play that until the PC release in January. But I have already payed off for GTA V.

d3rd3vil

Neo Member
Its funny that we have the same console shit again as last year. Pictures of these shitty PS4 DVDs instead of some high res fresh new good pc version for once. Nope console shit for the win for another 2 months!

can anyone go online on their PS3s?

I can go online on my PS4 but not on my PS3, whats up with that?

I want to be able to transfer my character but since the rockstar cloud is not available on my PS3 that is not possible....

The first thing I love about this game is that you can finally select stereo speaker output in the audio settings. Audio was fucked in the last gen version.

Also IQ in the prologue looks crisp to me. Maybe PS4 is not using FXAA.
edit: Scratch that, it is quite obvious in the outside areas.

Top Bottom